As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Remember, Remember the Sixth of November [2012 Presidential Election Thread]

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I want to think Stephanie married a man with a last name of Cutter purely beause it fit her personality.

So she'd be Stephanie Cutter-Cutter?

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Well the Biden with Hillary thing did lead to the epic Carney put down of John McCain. Is it any surprise that Carney was Biden's press secretary?

Really? This explains so much about my feelings.

Lh96QHG.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yes. Though I thought she was married already.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    I'm liking the tea party ads.
    jbQkU.jpg

I'll never get used to "I disagree with the other guy" not being enough, that it has to be, "GOING TO KILL AMERICA AS WE KNOW IT."

That reminds me, on my way to the bank today I saw a George W. Bush "Miss me?" bumper sticker.

I guess I miss him in that I'd prefer him to be in charge of the country than Romney or Ryan? Turns out that he wasn't the very bottom of the barrel

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

The ending of this video is great

two hands out. one hand out. diamond hands. scales of justice. One hand out. Diamond hands. Back to two-hands out.

The truly great ones can vary the rhythm

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    So Ryan has released two years of tax returns. Nothing really interesting in them.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    So Ryan has released two years of tax returns. Nothing really interesting in them.

That puts him at releasing more than Romney.

Ballsy.

Taramoor wrote: »

That puts him at releasing more than Romney.

Ballsy.

Nah same number, remember Romney counts this year that he plans on releasing... sometime yeah I'll get back to you on that, but I'll promise you I'll release it and in fact count it as having been released.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    the teleprompter thing has always been extremely dumb. Not only is it obvious that obama has no trouble speaking extemporaneously,

everyone uses teleprompters

the only thing never having used one says is that you're too small time to have done much televised speechifying

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • SerukoSeruko Ferocious Kitten of The Farthest NorthRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    the teleprompter thing has always been extremely dumb. Not only is it obvious that obama has no trouble speaking extemporaneously,

everyone uses teleprompters

the only thing never having used one says is that you're too small time to have done much televised speechifying

Simply to pick nits, President Clinton gave one of the longest State of the Union addresses in 1994 from memory, without using the provided teleprompter (because the provided teleprompter had the wrong speech loaded).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_State_of_the_Union_Address

which really proves your point, it's the exception that proves your rule.

Seruko on
    "How are you going to play Dota if your fingers and bitten off? You can't. That's how" -> Carnarvon
    "You can be yodeling bear without spending a dime if you get lucky." -> reVerse
    "In the grim darkness of the future, we will all be nurses catering to the whims of terrible old people." -> Hacksaw
    "In fact, our whole society will be oriented around caring for one very decrepit, very old man on total life support." -> SKFM
    I mean, the first time I met a non-white person was when this Vietnamese kid tried to break my legs but that was entirely fair because he was a centreback, not because he was a subhuman beast in some zoo ->yotes
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    you don't suppose mccain is reid's source do you

I kinda like the idea they get drunk together

give orin hatch wedgies

congressbros

give orin hatch wedgies

congressbros

There were theories it was McCain because he hates Romney, but more likely IF there is a source, its probably a disgruntled person from the McCain campaign.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    You know what, if Romney wins, then no Republican will EVER issue a tax return again. They'll just be free to lie about everything.

Well, if there are any more elections if Romney wins, I'm not convinced there would be.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • SerukoSeruko Ferocious Kitten of The Farthest NorthRegistered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    You know what, if Romney wins, then no Republican will EVER issue a tax return again. They'll just be free to lie about everything.

Well, if there are any more elections if Romney wins, I'm not convinced there would be.

Really? You think if Romney gets elected he's going to pull a president for life/fire in the reichstag/first citizen coup d'etat?

"How are you going to play Dota if your fingers and bitten off? You can't. That's how" -> Carnarvon
    "You can be yodeling bear without spending a dime if you get lucky." -> reVerse
    "In the grim darkness of the future, we will all be nurses catering to the whims of terrible old people." -> Hacksaw
    "In fact, our whole society will be oriented around caring for one very decrepit, very old man on total life support." -> SKFM
    I mean, the first time I met a non-white person was when this Vietnamese kid tried to break my legs but that was entirely fair because he was a centreback, not because he was a subhuman beast in some zoo ->yotes

They wouldn't be necessary.

You'd just put the candidates' money on a big scale and then whoever has the highest total is declared president.

Nah more like the US will cease to be a country in the resultant serfdom that Romney institutes.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular

I'm curious about your implication here.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Nah more like the US will cease to be a country in the resultant serfdom that Romney institutes.

I'm still going with what I said last page:
    I'm pretty sure that Romney's plan is as follows:

1. Stategically direct spending so that unemployment and poverty wind up concentrated almost entirely in a few continguous states (but he will divert attention by making huge strides in lower level technical training for their students).

2. Spin these states off and sell to China.

3. Over night, unemployment and poverty in America will drop to all time lows, and since everyone in those states will be poor anyway, they'll accept China style wages and work conditions, allowing US companies to tap skilled, trained workers to produce cheap goods without having to incur the cost of shipping them from China.

4. Romney will usher in a new age of prosperity for all Americans (since the people who don't benefit won't be Americans anymore).

5. Just as his second term is coming to a close, he'll sell the remaining states to the highest bidder for an absolute fortune (the balance sheet will be REALLY strong) and distribute the proceeds (less his 20% carried interest) to his campaign donors.

Now you'll never have to wonder why people are throwing so much money at Romney's campaign. They are betting on his proven business record, because this is a business venture.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular

If you can win an election without releasing tax returns, why would you ever release them? I mean, this is a litmus test - Romney clearly has something he doesn't want the people to see, and the people want to see it. If he wins, the GOP will know they aren't beholden to the people on that front.

• SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Think he was asking about the "if we ever have elections again" bit.

Delzhand wrote: »

If you can win an election without releasing tax returns, why would you ever release them? I mean, this is a litmus test - Romney clearly has something he doesn't want the people to see, and the people want to see it. If he wins, the GOP will know they aren't beholden to the people on that front.

Not many people can say that one of their greatest accomplishments was undoing one of their father's greatest accomplishments.

I'm still going with what I said last page:
    I'm pretty sure that Romney's plan is as follows:

1. Stategically direct spending so that unemployment and poverty wind up concentrated almost entirely in a few continguous states (but he will divert attention by making huge strides in lower level technical training for their students).

2. Spin these states off and sell to China.

3. Over night, unemployment and poverty in America will drop to all time lows, and since everyone in those states will be poor anyway, they'll accept China style wages and work conditions, allowing US companies to tap skilled, trained workers to produce cheap goods without having to incur the cost of shipping them from China.

4. Romney will usher in a new age of prosperity for all Americans (since the people who don't benefit won't be Americans anymore).

5. Just as his second term is coming to a close, he'll sell the remaining states to the highest bidder for an absolute fortune (the balance sheet will be REALLY strong) and distribute the proceeds (less his 20% carried interest) to his campaign donors.

Now you'll never have to wonder why people are throwing so much money at Romney's campaign. They are betting on his proven business record, because this is a business venture.

And thanks to 9/11, Patriot Act, NDAA, etc, any attempt by civilians to wall against these types of changes will be met with....less that constitutional force. I think OWS showed a glance at this possibility.

Buuuuut I don't see it happening like that because I don't see him winning.

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2012
    Delzhand wrote: »

Not many people can say that one of their greatest accomplishments was undoing one of their father's greatest accomplishments.

Richard Gere in pretty woman can say that, and he also happens to be the most famous PE guy in the world other than Romney.

Edit: Ugh, does that make me Jason Alexander?

spacekungfuman on
    SammyF wrote: »

Correct sir.

• dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    And thanks to 9/11, Patriot Act, NDAA, etc, any attempt by civilians to wall against these types of changes will be met with....less that constitutional force. I think OWS showed a glance at this possibility.

Obama is just as bad you know? He passed the NDAA, extended the Patriot Act, murdered American citizens and one the sections of the NDAA allowed indefinite detentions for American citizens.

I support Obama, but people need to realize he's basically the lesser of two evils.

dbrock270 on
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    ~NDAA changed fuck all~

~People should stop just saying paranoid shit for no reason~

AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular

Correct sir.

A Mitt Romney win at this point would pretty much prove elections can be bought wholesale. Hard to say we'll ever have a real election again if that's true.

I'm not, it's paranoid bullshit.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular

give orin hatch wedgies

congressbros

There were theories it was McCain because he hates Romney, but more likely IF there is a source, its probably a disgruntled person from the McCain campaign.

It'll be Palin.

See, she is actually a democrat double agent, whom infiltrated the republican party in 2008 to sabotage McCains election and send the republican party into a downwards spiral.

She's been keeping up the facade up until now, so that when she finally unveils her nefarious scheme, the tea party implodes into a singularity.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
    Brutal J wrote: »

Correct sir.

A Mitt Romney win at this point would pretty much prove elections can be bought wholesale. Hard to say we'll ever have a real election again if that's true.

It really, really wouldn't and it really really isn't.

Lh96QHG.png

I will never forget my Atlas Shrugged phase in college and almost falling for those "Bush is going to institute martial law!" things.

I am ashamed of young me.

Correct sir.

Why would it not? Romney lies daily about everything, and only hope in this race is because of CU, if he wins it proves canidate does not matter, truth does not matter, money and money alone matters.

And sadly Palin is not a false flag operation, her kids hateful attitudes prove she's the real deal.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    dbrock270 wrote: »

Obama is just as bad you know? He passed the NDAA, extended the Patriot Act, murdered American citizens and one the sections of the NDAA allowed indefinite detentions for American citizens.

I support Obama, but people need to realize he's basically the lesser of two evils.

I wasn't suggesting that anyone in particular was to blame or "just as bad" - simply saying that given the hypothesis presented by kungfu, anyone who would wish to rally against this type of radical change would find the cards stacked against them.

And Obama did not murder anyone. If you say it like that you believe it in a way that I fear no rational discussion would unseat. And the lesser of two evils rhetoric is old and tired. Really old and tired. I don't suppose you're going to tell me about "the machine" next?

Correct sir.

Why would it not? Romney lies daily about everything, and only hope in this race is because of CU, if he wins it proves canidate does not matter, truth does not matter, money and money alone matters.

And sadly Palin is not a false flag operation, her kids hateful attitudes prove she's the real deal.

Nope. He could win because people are fucking stupid and blame Obama for the bad economy. He could win if Europe collapses and drags us into recession. He could win because people are racist shits. He could win because liberals are stay home because the perfect is the enemy of the good.

There are many reasons Romney could win that have nothing to do with citizens; you people need some goddamn perspective sometimes.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular

Correct sir.

They're in on it too.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.

Correct sir.

I disagree that a Romney win would mean the political process is dead. I think Romney winning would be a testament to how set in their ways conservative voters are more than it would anything about money.

What do you mean you people?

And it doesn't matter WHY Romney won, its more about that doing all the horrible things his campaign did and still winning sends a message to the electorate and the media, because perception becomes reality.

pleasepaypreacher.net

I will never forget my Atlas Shrugged phase in college and almost falling for those "Bush is going to institute martial law!" things.

I am ashamed of young me.

I think we're all ashamed of young us.

Except Orc, who will continue to fight the good fight against the popeidiles.

Lh96QHG.png

Correct sir.

Nope. He could win because people are fucking stupid and blame Obama for the bad economy. He could win if Europe collapses and drags us into recession. He could win because people are racist shits. He could win because liberals are stay home because the perfect is the enemy of the good.

There are many reasons Romney could win that have nothing to do with citizens; you people need some goddamn perspective sometimes.

Every generations sky is falling.

Correct sir.

I disagree that a Romney win would mean the political process is dead. I think Romney winning would be a testament to how set in their ways conservative voters are more than it would anything about money.

I dunno honestly, look at what republican state governments have done to voters rights since 2010 (and abortion rights for that matter) imagine the damage they could do while holdng the federal government reigns at the same time. I don't think its that far fetched to believe that in a Romney presidency that voting would become a priveledge.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.