As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[COX] - City of Heroes Freedom is Live, TITAN WEAPONS are live also new iTrials

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    If thats lifetime, then I used to be one. Hell I was even subbed for a while before f2p and there were stretches where I hardly played. Like 1-3 a year but pay the whole year. (DAMN you Vet rewards!!!!)

Hell, I didn't cancel till this year.

Kinda surprised Lineage 2 is a) still around, and 2) going f2p.

Also, I kinda like the tiered f2p of CoX. Maybe not that whole reward/tier chart, but the idea behind it I like. My feelings might be biased though since my reward chart is full. If I was around tier 3 or 4 I might think differently.

newSig.jpg
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    There are some conveniences on the reward chart that I would have a seriously hard time without, like global chat channels or being able to use the Invention system, but even stuff like Sands of Mu and the Nemesis staff are big helps at lower levels. And Reveal is a fucking godsend.

rRwz9.gif
  • JaybonautJaybonaut Registered User regular
    I've paid for 7 1/2 years - yeah, I took a 5 month break once, around issue 16, and it didn't surprise me when they moved Ultra graphics setting up into issue 17 because it seemed to die sometime after issue 16. It jumped way up again with issue 17 and especially 18/Going Rogue.

My Youtube Gaming Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Energyone
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Jaybonaut wrote: »
    Yeah I gave all the info I could find on the net in that video.

I liked the video but I got the wrong message out of it- you made me want to go and play my kinetic melee scrapper :p

EDIT: the experimentation pool sounds great

Arch on
  • flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Question about Staff:
    Is that ALL the weapon customization we get with it or are there a couple that need to be unlocked? I'd like a couple more spear options...

I mean it's pipe, tech staff, pool cue, metal bar, shiny metal bar, stick, wrapped stick, and trident.

Between i23 and i24 on beta, there was a feedback thread posted for a staff weapons pack:
    The WEAPONS PACK: Staff Fighting #1 contains a collection of 7 staff weapons:
    Bladed
    Studded
    Polearm
    Mystical
    Carnival of Light
    Carnival of War
    Carnival of Vengeance

Not sure if they're going to be free like the TW pack was when it released - don't think there's been any word either way.

Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    pretty sure the mystical staff is the one

(dark astoria spoilers)
    the Dream Doctor

uses

and some of the new high-level Tsoo use naginatas

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    I need a Vanguard staff!

:so_raven:
  • tricontricon Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    There are some conveniences on the reward chart that I would have a seriously hard time without, like global chat channels or being able to use the Invention system, but even stuff like Sands of Mu and the Nemesis staff are big helps at lower levels. And Reveal is a fucking godsend.

Oh yeah I agree. I have tier 7 full unlocked so I ended up with the lifetime access to the invention system, my other account is sitting at full tier 4 (sweet spot for architect entertainment...).
    Currently not subscribed but I will certainly come back that moment when the release Bio Armor and/or I 24.

So seems paragon studios will get at last a bit more cash from me with bio and radiation armor/melee plus all the origin pool powers, oh and wind control.
    I am less interested in powers like beast mastery, nature affinity, psionic melee and gambling packs but how knows what NCSoft decided what we see in the future.
    At last the financial situation seems to have stabilized for CoX :http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/earnings.aspx

Arch wrote: »
    Yeah I gave all the info I could find on the net in that video.

I liked the video but I got the wrong message out of it- you made me want to go and play my kinetic melee scrapper :p

EDIT: the experimentation pool sounds great

:D

I wouldn't be surprised if Kin Melee stalkers could out-damage the scrapper version. The video is showing a stalker who is softcapped - energy aura is a really nice armor set now.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Looks like I24's bringing a new log-in screen according to a post from Something Awful's thread on the game.
    4Fa1k.jpg

According to posts in the thread, the guy up top is The Center.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Yep, that's the center all right.

• ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Looks like I24's bringing a new log-in screen according to a post from Something Awful's thread on the game.
    4Fa1k.jpg

My wife is asking where the female representation is? And I agree...who wants to look at those chuckleheads?

So is this a thing where they change the login screen every issue? Freedom had States vs P-Clockwork, now it's some hero vs a BP?

newSig.jpg
  • DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Yin versus Shadow Hunter.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
    its Penny Yin in her Psylocke outfit vs. Shadow Hunter for now

soon it will be Marauder and Pendragon (Praetorian Hero One)

I don't blame anyone for not recognizing the Center, he pops up like in two missions in the entire fuckin' game, and you never fight him.

With a name like that he sounds important.

Is he?

newSig.jpg

Is he?

he's the leader of the Council, one of the handful of level 1-50 villain groups so yeah

he's kind of a big deal!

• NWKNWK Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

Is he?

he's the leader of the Council, one of the handful of level 1-50 villain groups so yeah

he's kind of a big deal!

But the thing is, he may not even have any powers. Isn't his whole thing that if he has a superpower, it's charisma/leadership abilities? The wiki says its suspected he may be a powerful psychic, but I vaguely remember fluff from story arcs saying his main thing was just having people follow him zealously.

Steam GW2: Silas.5762
    Hmmm... Since that's a couple of Preatorian heroes... Is that Preat-Center or Prime-Center?

Also, how often is he referenced, cause like Pony said, dude hardly ever shows up in game. But if everyone is talking about him... Right now it's more of "him? HE'S the guy in charge? No, really. Go get your boss. I'll wait. Oh, he is? Huh... Just thought you'd be, well, taller at least."

newSig.jpg
  • NWKNWK Registered User regular
    Hmmm... Since that's a couple of Preatorian heroes... Is that Preat-Center or Prime-Center?

Also, how often is he referenced, cause like Pony said, dude hardly ever shows up in game. But if everyone is talking about him... Right now it's more of "him? HE'S the guy in charge? No, really. Go get your boss. I'll wait. Oh, he is? Huh... Just thought you'd be, well, taller at least."

I don't even know if Praet-Center has been mentioned. I'm not really up to date on the lore though. IIRC the Center is mostly referenced in NPC chatter and clues.

Steam GW2: Silas.5762
  • IzzimachIzzimach Fighter/Mage/Chef Registered User regular
    So which melee set would look the silliest on a tanker using granite armor?

The spin kicks from martial arts looks pretty silly, but the breakdancing attack from staff mastery takes the cake, I think. I still need to check out street justice and dual blades.

• NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    The new SSA went live today, along with Nature Affinity. Atlas Park is a place full of plant puns. The best one I've seen so far is a bots/nature called Robotanical.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    NWK wrote: »

I don't even know if Praet-Center has been mentioned. I'm not really up to date on the lore though. IIRC the Center is mostly referenced in NPC chatter and clues.

Praet-Center is rumored to be:
    Mr G.

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Ringo wrote: »
    NWK wrote: »

Praet-Center is rumored to be:
    Mr G.

christ that would make a lot of sense

they even have the same face and build

• flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    Blaster snipe update news from beta:
    Hi all!

I have an update for you on changes to the Sniper Update. We wanted to target a couple of the concerns that have come up repeatedly:

1.) Some Blasters don't feel that the high values of damage they can do with snipes outweigh the extra ToHit that Corruptors and Defenders can generate via team buff powers.

In order to address this concern, I'm adding an additional mechanic to Blaster snipes: for a short time after firing a successful snipe, the Blaster will have a +Range buff applied to them. Initial numbers will be for 10 seconds after sniping, the Blaster gains a +50% Range buff - this bumps 80 foot blasts up to 120 feet before enhancement, which is approximately the range needed to hit a target you've just sniped from max range as they close the distance with the caster.

Ultimately, I don't think it's a problem if Snipes are not uniformly available to all powerset combinations and all ATs. I think players who want to play proactively, e.g. with a very set rotation that they min/max ahead of time, will play the power and IO build game to try to get perma or as close to perma fast-snipe as they can, while I think players who prefer to play reactively will use Build Up, Aim, and possibly the Build-Up Proc IOs (Gaussians, etc) to provide them with a more reactive second-to-second gameplay experience - and I think both ways of playing the game are equally valid. However, I do think it's a problem if characters with a Snipe power have no possible way to ever proc a fast snipe while solo, which brings me to...

2.) Dominators - Domination will apply a 25% ToHit buff for 15 seconds following its activation. This will enable Dominators access to fast-snipes on a regular basis without forcing them to do things like find amplifiers and use the Siren's Call IR Goggles. At the same time, Dominator snipe powers are already very potent due to their 20 second recharge, so Domination's 200 second recharge time feels like the right place to put access to this feature for the Dominator AT. This also has the happy side benefit of hopefully mitigating those annoying moments where you pop your big cooldown (Domination) and your first three or four attacks all miss. I'm sure that happens to more people than just me...

With regards to Blast and Assault sets that don't have access to a Snipe blast, they will definitely be high on our list of sets to add mechanics to in the not-too-distant-future. We're committed to making Snipe powers worth taking for the powersets that have them, and we're committed to working on the balance of powersets, Archetypes, and the game as a whole, so rest assured that if your powerset of choice needs QoL fixes or performance tweaking, it will be on our list.

Back to snipes, we have some other additional changes we might be looking at making, but these are the two that we're ready to talk about right now. Thank you all for your feedback on Snipe powers, and I hope you enjoy the upcoming tweaks.

My dark blaster would have (with clarion radial, boost range, and intuition) a 255 ft knockback cone for 10s after sniping with this implementation. I'll just sit at the door and spam it from there, as my snipe is already under 10s recharge time.... Still all under discussion, but at least they're throwing out ideas.

Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
    I'm okay with this!

• ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    They're making it hard to plan builds with all these new and attractive powers.

Arcas wrote: »
    They're making it hard to plan builds with all these new and attractive powers.

Oh yeah, wish the would find a way without breaking the game to give us more slots for the powers.

Community Coffee Talk 8/22/2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4jxIdSzsu8

The show Super Packs #2. The "cyber pirate" costume and some of the new i24 IOs............

Shawnasee wrote: »
    4Fa1k.jpg

My wife is asking where the female representation is? And I agree...who wants to look at those chuckleheads?

Is she a feminist? My god... how many years did she get to experience a female character on the login screen... and it isn't enough for her to last one issue without? good lord...

edited August 2012
    4Fa1k.jpg

Is she a feminist? My god... how many years did she get to experience a female character on the login screen... and it isn't enough for her to last one issue without? good lord...

Huh, I was not even thinking loading screens would be a problem at all. He could use a shortcut to use older load loading screens or he can create new stuff:
    Hello all,

I've created a website (Very ugly ATM, but I don't do webdesign, I do code), that will allow Windows, and Mac users to generate Custom Login Screens for CoH!

http://webapps.sgspaces.net/cohstuff/click.php?id=6

Upload a image, crop it, and it will spit out a zip file with your new login screen.
    1. Right-click the City of Heroes application and select "Show Package Contents".

2. Open the Contents, then Resources, then transgaming, then c_drive, then either "coh" or "Program Files" and then "coh".

Unzip the file from the site, and drag the "data" folder into the folder you just opened. Now launch CoH, and you should see your new Login Screen!

Windows users can just navigate to their CoH install (C:\Program Files\NCSoft\City of Heroes or C:\Program Files(x86)\NCSoft\City of Heroes) by default, and drag the data folder from the zip into that directory!
    http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=287602

Like cityofheroesloadingltsz6.jpg

But I don't know if his wife would like this particular loading screen. ;)

tricon on
  • kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    ... buh. Are those really good cosplayers, or is that some promotional stuff?

Has to be promo renders.

No woman I know would dress like Mither Mayhem.

At least not without a hefty upfront fee
    <.<
    >.>

newSig.jpg
  • ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    tricon wrote: »
    4Fa1k.jpg

Huh, I was not even thinking loading screens would be a problem at all. He could use a shortcut to use older load loading screens or he can create new stuff:
    Hello all,

I've created a website (Very ugly ATM, but I don't do webdesign, I do code), that will allow Windows, and Mac users to generate Custom Login Screens for CoH!

http://webapps.sgspaces.net/cohstuff/click.php?id=6

Upload a image, crop it, and it will spit out a zip file with your new login screen.
    1. Right-click the City of Heroes application and select "Show Package Contents".

2. Open the Contents, then Resources, then transgaming, then c_drive, then either "coh" or "Program Files" and then "coh".

Unzip the file from the site, and drag the "data" folder into the folder you just opened. Now launch CoH, and you should see your new Login Screen!

Windows users can just navigate to their CoH install (C:\Program Files\NCSoft\City of Heroes or C:\Program Files(x86)\NCSoft\City of Heroes) by default, and drag the data folder from the zip into that directory!
    http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=287602

Like cityofheroesloadingltsz6.jpg

But I don't know if his wife would like this particular loading screen. ;)

Considering she named her SG "The Working Girls" and has created a base in alignment with the name I don't think you can 1) call her a feminist and 2) say she would disagree with that loading screen. :D

• WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    <~~See that guy? He's my SS/Inv Tanker. I got him to 50. I don't know how the fuck to build this guy anymore. What am I supposed to do with the slots? What powers don't I take, Is Footstomp a thing still?
    3nYTy.jpg

Foot stomp is garbage now. No one takes it.

WeX Majors wrote: »
    <~~See that guy? He's my SS/Inv Tanker. I got him to 50. I don't know how the fuck to build this guy anymore. What am I supposed to do with the slots? What powers don't I take, Is Footstomp a thing still?
    3nYTy.jpg

Just do what I do. Retire them and roll up a new character. And I don't mean retire in the replicant sense.

Hell, I think it was close to a year before I dusted off my level 50 corr to get her Alpha slot.
    Haven't touched her since.

newSig.jpg
  • WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    But I *can't* retire him. He's got 2nd Year Anniversary Badges! This guys an antique!
    Also, I'm using him as an example of "no, you can't just play whatever you think is fun" because there's clearly certain combinations that just aren't meant to make it to End Game Content. Otherwise, someone would be able to tell me wtf to do with him other than "Re-Roll"

Dude it's super strength. Foot stomp stuff. It'll be fine. You can do the end game content on whatever. This is not a hard game.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I don't know jack about SS, and only a little about Inv.

Try the second post in this thread, Wex http://coh103.gtm.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?p=4031852

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
This discussion has been closed.