As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Raiders and Relics - Version 0.4.0 ready for the test phase! Play online with LackeyCCG!

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Active Relic: Eagle's Wing - 1 counters

Turn 4

Harvest Phase:
    Draw 2 from Main Deck
    Gold Mine x2 generates Gold x2

Resource Cards in Play: Gold Mine x2, Village x1, Z Bastion x1
    Current Total Resource Count: Gold x4

B/H Phase:
    Play Bastion
    Play Z Trap
    Play Z Trap
    Play Z Trap
    :bz

Current Traps & Treasures In Play:
    Z Trap, Z Trap, Z Trap
    Current Creatures In Play:
    Raider: Felix, The Fortunate Shot (4/22) 12 DMG counters

Battle Phase:
    Skip

Conclusion Phase:
    Turn Ends

@Zombiemambo

So how are we going to deal with traps for this PBP? ;>_>

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Well, you could PM me which traps you played so i can keep track of it.

Honestly, I can see how there's some problems with using a PbP format here, which is why i'm working on a real-time, online way of playing the game.

Also, i think you added a counter to Eagle's Wing when you shouldn't have.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    His creation of the Elf Soldier Token should count towards it. ("Text: Whenever a creature, including tokens, enters play, put a counter on Eagle’s Wing.")

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Oh man, you're right, I misremembered the card.

Ha, it's okay then.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    I'd hope traps would work, given they exist in a few other CCGs.

I was playing Yu-Gi-Oh back in the day via a similar program, so hopefully it works for you. Back then it was right-click and you could play a card face-down on the table.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Good to know. i already made the Plugin file and i'm working on adapting the images files so they're all the same size and .jpgs.

i have a really good feeling about Lackey!

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I'm already noticing a huge imbalance here - his gold will continue to accrue over time, but my nature expires at the end of every turn. I have cards in my hand that cost 4 nature to play - that means I need to have 4 nature producing resources on the field at a time, whereas if it was gold I'd only need 1 resource for 4 turns. Already his resources completely dwarf mine and always will.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    i tried to make Magical resource cards more potent, however, but it's noted.

• Options
    The problem is I can't play them no matter how powerful they are. I'd need at least two more Pure Springs to have the required resources to play my next cheapest card - that's two turns minimum, assuming I have 2 Pure Springs. On the other hand, if Kilnaga needs 4 resources, he can just wait a turn. Keep in mind any resource I don't use during my turn is wasted, but any resource he doesn't use is saved. So if he lays down all his traps and doesn't pay any gold, he gets that gold for next turn. If I lay down traps and don't use my nature, it goes away. I'm fucked.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Yes, i see the problem. I'm trying to think of a solution, though... maybe losing only half the resource? Or i could lose the whole "temp resources" angle completely, i guess and rebalance the cards a bit... Hrmm

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Yes, i see the problem. I'm trying to think of a solution, though... maybe losing only half the resource? Or i could lose the whole "temp resources" angle completely, i guess and rebalance the cards a bit... Hrmm

I personally like the idea of a permanent resource (gold) versus a temporary resource (magic types). It offers a large design space and gives the player very neat decisions to make.

The temporary resource would have to be much more powerful than the permanent resource, though. And maybe have the ability (through cards or even inherently) to turn permanent resource into temporary resource and vice-versa, obviously with a hampered exchange rate.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    I think one of the big problems is that the test decks are, well, completely awful, leading to a high probability of bad draws. I'm gonna fix that ASAP.

in other news, trying out Lackey. it looks ugly, but serviceable. A playable plugin of my game should be ready before the end of next week.

• Options
    edited August 2012

A good start would be to make the cards that need temporary resources cheaper. Instead of 4 nature, try 3 or even 2. Keep in mind I might be playing more than one card a turn aside from resources (and I'd like to be able to, otherwise the game would move extremely slowly), so not being able to save resources from turn to turn still balances out their cost.

I'm working on my turn here, just need to know what I'm going to draw. So...

Turn 3/4(?)

Harvest Phase
    Draw 1 from Main Deck
    Pure Spring x 2 generates Nature x 2
    Total Resources: Nature x 2
    Current Resource Cards in Play: Pure Spring x 2, Aelir Haven x 1

B/H Phase
    Iors, Shaper of Thunder is not tired
    Play Pure Spring x 1
    Z Aelir Haven, use Nature x 1: create Elf Soldier Token
    Cards on Field: Iors, Shaper of Thunder x 1, Elf Soldier Token x 2 (1 Z)

Combat Phase
    Skip

Conclusion Phase:
    End turn

@Kilnaga

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
  • Options
    It's pretty neat so far, although I think a real-time game with an interface suited for cards will help a lot.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    It's pretty neat so far, although I think a real-time game with an interface suited for cards will help a lot.

I'm hoping Lackey will work. I'm not sure if it has all the functions, though, but i'll know by next week.

• Options
    I think one of the big problems is that the test decks are, well, completely awful, leading to a high probability of bad draws. I'm gonna fix that ASAP.

in other news, trying out Lackey. it looks ugly, but serviceable. A playable plugin of my game should be ready before the end of next week.

Yeh, that is why I've been fiddling with trying to make a deck to test with. I think it would be even more needed when playing a deck based around the non-savable resources. If only to have less junk floating around in the deck and an increased chance of drawing the card that lets you carry those resources over to the next turn.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Active Relic: Eagle's Wing - 4 counters

Turn 5

Harvest Phase:
    Draw 1 from Main Deck, 1 from Resource Deck
    Gold Mine x2 generates Gold x2

Resource Cards in Play: Gold Mine x2, Village x2, Bastion x1
    Current Total Resource Count: Gold x0

B/H Phase:
    Play Village
    Use Gold x4, Play Z Battlemender Cleric (1/4)
    Z Bastion, Use Gold x2: Create Z Solider Token (2/3)
    Z Felix, The Fortunate Shot, Shrapnel Grenade: 2 DMG to Iors, Shaper of Thunder, 1 DMG to Elf Soldier Token (1), 1 DMG to Elf Soldier Token (2)

Current Traps & Treasures In Play:
    Trap, Trap, Trap
    Current Creatures In Play:
    Raider: Z Felix, The Fortunate Shot (4/22) 12 DMG, Z Battlemender Cleric (1/4), Z Solider Token (2/3)

Battle Phase:
    Skip

Conclusion Phase:
    Turn Ends

@Zombiemambo

That was a fun turn. Lots of stuff done there.

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Oh, uh, There's a thing you can't actually do, @Kilnaga. Felix is a Raider, can't be healed by the Cleric, whose ability only works on cards typed as Creatures.

• Options
    Well damn. D:

I tried going back through the rules page before I did all that, but stuff loads incredibly slow here at work. I'll fix the turn then and just not do that.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Actually, it's not a rule per se. it's just the wording of the card, really. If it says "creature", itm eans any card typed as a Creature, if it may include raiders, it's gonna be specified, like in Felix' text for Shrapnel Grenade.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Perhaps a change from "creature" to "mook" or "creep"? A raider is intuitively a creature, even if it's not one in the system.

• Options
    Tamin wrote: »
    Perhaps a change from "creature" to "mook" or "creep"? A raider is intuitively a creature, even if it's not one in the system.

Noted.

In other news, i completed the plugin for Lackey. That means as soon as i test it out with a friend, i'll explain how to play Raiders and Relics online with your friends!

Yes! it's going to be possible! it will look ugly, but it seems like it will work!

• Options
    Do we want to wait for that to be done before we continue on with this?

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Do we want to wait for that to be done before we continue on with this?

Good news! it's done!

If you want, we can scrap the PbP game or coninue, it's up to you, but there's a real-time online option now, It'll be fully ready tomorrow or friday. I just need to put some finishing touches on it and write stuff explaining how to use it.

it's ugly, but it works! :D

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    So, should I PM you my address so that I can receive my royalty checks? :P

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    InkSplat wrote: »
    So, should I PM you my address so that I can receive my royalty checks? :P

That won't be necessary, i'm giving the credit to Feral, he's the one who told me about Lackey first.

Though you're the one who reminded me it existed... Alright, you'll get half a royalty if this ever makes money! :P

• Options
    Alright! it's Live! The LackeyCCG Plugin is LIVE!

I made a plugin for LackeyCCG and you can get it by clicking on that link. It explains everything you need to know to get the program running and to play with whoever also has the plugin.

Also, here's a quick note about the rules, here There's a few changes, be sure to check the rules again, but in a nutshell:
    Resource Cards always come in play ready. All of them, all the time. and Raiders cannot attack unless there's other creatures on the field.

Let's hope this helps make the game better and have fun with Raiders and Relics.

I made a Player Pool on the first page (second post), so anyone who wants to play with Lackey, just post something to that effect and i'll add you to the list.

:) Finally, a good solution for playing Relics and Raiders (That PbP stuff was ill-conceived.)

• Options
    Once I get home from work I'll download/install it and monkey around with it for a bit before I go out for the night.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    I guess sign me up.

Can't promise I'll play much (have my own projects that have high priority), but I'm willing to give it a try.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I'm in.

• Options
    Kilnaga's Mecha-Mercenaries: 1, 21stCentury: 0

:D

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Kilnaga's Mecha-Mercenaries: 1, 21stCentury: 0

:D

If I had drawn my Steel Plate Mail earlier, I'd have wrecked. Ironblood + soldier + Steel Plate Mail = amazingness.

• Options
    re: multi-resource decks.

A global exchange rate might do the trick.

(actual numbers used as an example; not to be taken literally)
    At default, perhaps 3 of a resource can be exchanged for 1 of another.

Following this, there can be cards / abilities that affect the exchange rate. A market would get you 1 food for only 2 gold.

Something that would make it much more complicated - these cards could effect the global exchange rate, no matter who plays them.

• Options
    Tamin wrote: »
    re: multi-resource decks.

A global exchange rate might do the trick.

(actual numbers used as an example; not to be taken literally)
    At default, perhaps 3 of a resource can be exchanged for 1 of another.

Following this, there can be cards / abilities that affect the exchange rate. A market would get you 1 food for only 2 gold.

Something that would make it much more complicated - these cards could effect the global exchange rate, no matter who plays them.

Well, that would be an interesting way to make multi-resource decks viable. i'll have to keep that in mind.

• Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    I'm in! I'm setting up my stuff now, and will look into learning how to play tonight.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I want to try this game out when I get a chance. Perhaps this weekend?

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    You know, it actually might be cool to set up a Steam group or something for this to get dudes together to play.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Winky wrote: »
    You know, it actually might be cool to set up a Steam group or something for this to get dudes together to play.

Hmm, good idea... I don't know why i didn't think of it before.

Edit: Group's up, accept the invites everyone, it'll make it easier to matchmake and such.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    Sheeit, this thread exists, doesn't it? I've been so caught up in life stuff lately I completely forgot. Sorry to both @21stCentury and @Kilnaga for that.

JKKaAGp.png