As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Vancouver PAX Forumer Events: 2012 Edition

13»

• Browncoat565Browncoat565 Registered User regular
    hey there all, I'm relatively new to the forums, and was wondering if anyone was going to be heading down on thursday I'm taking the 640 amtrak train

• SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    Why hello there! I haven't heard any rumours of anyone (well, other than you, of course) taking the amtrak, but if I do, I will post it in the OP.

Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Browncoat565Browncoat565 Registered User regular
    sweet thanks, I wish I had noticed this post before I had bought my ticket... oh well

• tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    Sunday isn't more minigolf...it's pitch & putt. Also, Worm's coming too :)

edited August 2012
    Well shows you how much I know about golf. Sunday should be interesting then.

Anyways I changed the title, is that better? I used an ampersand because it's classy.

Sumi on
    I probably won't be at Minigolf this afternoon. I woke up and realized how much I need to do before PAX, but I will still be at lasertag.

• BombchelleBombchelle Registered User regular
    So I'm thinking I'll go for ice cream at the Lonsdale quay around 3:30 if anyone wants to join me. This should give us plenty of time to get ice cream and make it to mini-putt.

• TeenychickaTeenychicka Registered User regular
    I'll join you for ice cream and mini-golf :) I'm out for lasertag though.

8502184533758290.gif OH YEAH!
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    We decided on 5:00 for the putting right?

• TherosTheros Registered User regular
    I have been informed that I will need to cancel on this weekend's events. Boourns.

• joshanaitorjoshanaitor Registered User regular
    So 8 people are laser tagging should be awesome

Who is going to lasertag that isn't on the list?

• joshanaitorjoshanaitor Registered User regular
    Oh me

Whooo

Not sure if I am going to make the dinner tonight. Definitely won't make pitch & putt. Traffic forecasts are sitting at 1h40 for me to get out there.

It was put forward that we check out the Storm Crow Tavern on Friday the 24th, is anyone interested?

Storm Crow sounds good to me.

• AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    Sumi wrote: »
    It was put forward that we check out the Storm Crow Tavern on Friday the 24th, is anyone interested?

What time?

There's also Dumb and Dumber at the Rio (plus liquor) on the 24th.

Well I work until 6:30, so I probably couldn't be there until around 8:30, but you guys cab always go earlier than that. Dumb and Dumber starts at 11pm so that might be a cool thing to do afterwards.

• BombchelleBombchelle Registered User regular
    I'm down for either the Storm Crow or Dumb & Dumber. Basically what I'm saying is that I'm down for alcohol...

I'll be at FTWs and on the Bolt Bus.

If you wanted to add the Protomen concert at the Biltmore on the 29th to the list, I'm also going to that.

Also looks like I may have to go to Cultis Lake if everyone is going to it before Castle Fun Park, otherwise I don't have a way out to Abbotsford. On that note, if anyone is heading to the Abbotsford Raid Night from Vancouver that is not going to Cultis, please let me know.

Also let Teeny know.

• parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    I'll be at storm crow.

So I didn't get a word on time so you'll have to contact each other to find out. I know, Communication? What is this nonsense?

Absinthe, I probably won't be able to make it to the water slides, so this may work out.

• TherosTheros Registered User regular
    A word of advice concerning the storm crow; don't.

• delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    I have returned.

I am going to come back from pax dev to >try< and see you magnificent fools at wings.

So bombchelle and I are headed out to the water park.Serenity/Dillon, if you're coming, send me a pm and/or look for the guy with a binary tattoo around his right calf :p

• SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    So bombchelle and I are headed out to the water park.Serenity/Dillon, if you're coming, send me a pm and/or look for the guy with a binary tattoo around his right calf :p

Haha or just look for you if people know what you look like.
    Also no, I probably wont' be able to make it out to waterslides. Too much to do today...
    Will be at Castle Fun Park tonight though!

Also, crap, I missed most of the events this year! It's been a busy summer for me...

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • DannehDanneh Registered User regular
    I forget if I RSVP'd for For The Wings, so if I haven't, I'm doing that now.

• degreesplatinumdegreesplatinum aka. casual_geek Registered User regular
    Hey everyone,

Thanks to my new job in Surrey and getting off work after 5:30 PM, I most likely won't be in for Wings until after 7PM, possibly 7:30. But considering past Wings nights, I'm just gonna assume everyone will still be there at that time. Amirite?

But considering past Wings nights, I'm just gonna assume everyone will still be there at that time. Amirite?

Yah, we'll be there for a while. I just made the reservation for 20 people at 6, under Shaun or PAX (or the 20 person group), so we should be good to go.

• MetricalSkyMetricalSky Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Hey there! New forumer and first-time PAXer. I'll be at FTW tonight, and on the early morning Bolt Bus on Thursday.

ItrVoTt.png
  • dtglthreedtglthree Registered User regular
    Hey just wanted to notify you guys of an awesome live d&d comedy show happening @ 8pm (doors @ 7pm) this Wednesday (Aug 29th) at the Rio theatre in Vancouver

go to => http://www.criticalhitshow.com/ <= for more info/tickets

ALSO... Is anyone taking a different bolt bus? I would enjoy some company on the ride but cant make the Thursday morning trip.

Thanks Trotsky.

I look forward to meeting you MetricalSky.

And as for the live D&D show, that's the one Joanna (Edda the Barbarian) is in so I encourage you guys who aren't going to Protomen that night to go. Plus it's funtimes. (Unfortunately as a hypocrite, I can't make it since I has paxing to do.)

• parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    I don't know why i'm still a maybe for Wings... I'm definitely going to be there. :D

Wings was good. Someone forgot to pay for a pound of wings, so whoever it is owes me a drink or two :P

• faerielaurelynfaerielaurelyn Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Hey all - just a reminder that the Child's Play Gamepalooza! is coming up on December 1st at the Magic Stronghold (5558 Lane St, Burnaby), 3pm to 11pm, $5 entry. We'll have raffles and auctions and 50/50 draws, and games to rent. You can bring your own games as well, we'll have an area to keep them stored while you play.

I am still looking for some people to volunteer to help out for a few hours here and there, at the front door, watching auction items, selling raffle and 50/50 tickets, and signing out games. Please let me know if you'd be interested in volunteering some of your time!

No, YOU make ME a sandwich!
This discussion has been closed.