As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX PRIME 2012 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    cocowoushi wrote: »
    For those of us unable to attend, will some panels (main theater?) be streamed onto TwitchTV? Because that would be lovely.

There will be two streams this year, one for Main Theatre (though not every event is being streamed) and one for Kraken Theatre, where every panel will be streamed.

As a side note to those able to attend, Wolfman Theatre will be Main Theatre overflow, playing streams for some of the larger events: concerts, keynotes, &c.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    For those of us unable to attend, will some panels (main theater?) be streamed onto TwitchTV? Because that would be lovely.

There will be two streams this year, one for Main Theatre (though not every event is being streamed) and one for Kraken Theatre, where every panel will be streamed.

As a side note to those able to attend, Wolfman Theatre will be Main Theatre overflow, playing streams for some of the larger events: concerts, keynotes, &c.

That's great to hear. Any chance Khoo's panel will be one of the ones taped in the main theater?

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    EDIT: to anyone wondering about onpeak and when they'll be sending the reservations I just contacted them to make sure my information was correct after an initial mistake and i was told they should be sending the reservations over Wednesday the 22nd

sanovah on

That's great to hear. Any chance Khoo's panel will be one of the ones taped in the main theater?

It is not yet known.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    My OnPeak reservation was sent a few days ago. It automatically showed up in my Hilton account, but I didn't receive an email about it like I had in previous years.

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    GeeCee wrote: »
    My OnPeak reservation was sent a few days ago. It automatically showed up in my Hilton account, but I didn't receive an email about it like I had in previous years.
    I've reserved through onpeak for the past 4 or so paxes and have never received an email after my initial booking. I sometimes call beforehand to confirm, but other times i just book when it goes live, then show up to the hotel day-of.

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Like dya, I've never not had OnPeak fuck up the transfer, but I did check earlier and my reservation shows up on my Starwood account, so it's all good.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Like dya, I've never not had OnPeak fuck up the transfer, but I did check earlier and my reservation shows up on my Starwood account, so it's all good.
    I'm not sure I'd call not getting an email after the transfer "fucking it up." I don't think I've ever received an email after the transfer, and I've never expected to get one. Anything like that is likely handled on the hotel's side, not OnPeak's.

• GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    I definitely got an email confirming my reservation from Hilton (booked at Homewood Suites) last year, but nothing this year. Oh well, it's not a big deal. If you're super anxious about it, you can search for your reservation on your respective hotel's website, or by calling them or OnPeak.

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Yeah, I've never gotten an email either. I usually search the hotel website then have them issue a confirmation email just so I have one, but that's not something I've ever had done automatically.

E6LkoFK.png

• EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular

It is not yet known.

Don't take my word as fact, but I think the panels that would not be streamed will be ones where the presenters would not want it to be. I doubt any panels featuring PA personalities will have such a restriction.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Aioua is one of the theater managers, so he'd have a much better idea of what is getting streamed than pretty much all of us.

Aioua is one of the theater managers, so he'd have a much better idea of what is getting streamed than pretty much all of us.

And the streaming manager is my housemate. :P

Well shit, that's just cheating. I'm so going to report you.

Not really

• Panda-s1Panda-s1 Registered User regular
    So it's less than two weeks before the convention, and I still haven't gotten my badge in the mail. As far as I know, that is. Are they still being sent out, or should I dig through the last month and a half worth of mail to make sure I didn't miss it?

(to clarify, usually my dad gets the mail, and I've lost important letters this way. Seriously).

Panda-s1 wrote: »
    So it's less than two weeks before the convention, and I still haven't gotten my badge in the mail. As far as I know, that is. Are they still being sent out, or should I dig through the last month and a half worth of mail to make sure I didn't miss it?

(to clarify, usually my dad gets the mail, and I've lost important letters this way. Seriously).
    It was said that as of 8/17 if you had not received your badge, you should contact pax_questions@paxsite.com or registration@paxsite.com right away. You should have received it by now if you either live in the USA or paid for international shipping.

• SoSpartanSoSpartan Registered User new member
    I heard that there will not be a jamspace at PAX Prime 2012? Will there be any fan/user created music venue? It seems really unfortunate that there will be no user/fan focused music venue, considering how many excellent musicians and students of music are in attendance.

• CleverGearSolidCleverGearSolid Fish Guy Vancouver,B.C.,CanadaRegistered User new member
    edited August 2012
    Hey everyone I'm new to Pax so I'm Kinda wondering about when I'm able to pick up my day passes at will-call. I'm arriving in Seattle on the Thursday before the event and wanted to know if I am able to pick up what I need from Will-call on that day before Pax opens on Friday? Thanks :o

zerzhul on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    http://prime.paxsite.com/faq#i-live-outside-of-the-us-and-i-did-not-choose-the-fedex-shipping-option.-wh

For the Will Call hours, your best bet is the PAX forum Q&A thread. In years past, will call has been open Thursday evening as well as during normal show hours all weekend.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/158796/pax-prime-2012-information-and-faq-read-this-first-then-ask-all-questions-here/p1 (note the OP of that thread does not appear to be up to date, so ask in the thread)

SoSpartan wrote: »
    I heard that there will not be a jamspace at PAX Prime 2012? Will there be any fan/user created music venue? It seems really unfortunate that there will be no user/fan focused music venue, considering how many excellent musicians and students of music are in attendance.

You are correct that there is no Jamspace this year. This was, as far as I know, entirely a space concern (Prime has simply run out of space). If there is any sort of Jamspace-type venue, it would have to be off-site somewhere.

Hey everyone I'm new to Pax so I'm Kinda wondering about when I'm able to pick up my day passes at will-call. I'm arriving in Seattle on the Thursday before the event and wanted to know if I am able to pick up what I need from Will-call on that day before Pax opens on Friday? Thanks :o

@CleverGearSolid Will Call is in the Hyatt this year, as indicated on the PAX map (available in the mobile app, and in various places in this thread). I am not sure of the hours yet, but they usually have Thursday hours, and very early Friday hours.

• ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    This was, as far as I know, entirely a space concern (Prime has simply run out of space).

Time to start building a couple more floors onto the WSCC! (or take over more of Seattle 8->)

Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

ElmoFuntz wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    This was, as far as I know, entirely a space concern (Prime has simply run out of space).

Time to start building a couple more floors onto the WSCC! (or take over more of Seattle 8->)

The sky is the limit... literally.

• AppoAppo Registered User regular
    Sorry if this has been asked, but are theaters cleared after every panel? I want to go to the 1 PM Rooster Teeth panel, but I would like a good seat.

Which brings me to my next question - How early can I line up at the main theater? I normally get to the convention center at 5 AM and was wondering if I could wait outside the main theater at that time (Or do I have to go through the process of waiting in the queue room?)

Appo wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked, but are theaters cleared after every panel? I want to go to the 1 PM Rooster Teeth panel, but I would like a good seat.

Which brings me to my next question - How early can I line up at the main theater? I normally get to the convention center at 5 AM and was wondering if I could wait outside the main theater at that time (Or do I have to go through the process of waiting in the queue room?)

You should probably not wait outside until 8AM. I'm not sure what the official word is though.

Main theater doesn't getcleared

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    sanovah wrote: »

Main theater doesn't getcleared

If theres more than an hour between events on the schedule then it does get cleared.

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    ...except:
    heels wrote: »
    The main theatre will not be cleared after Make a Strip, you can stay through both sessions!

Which has an hour gap between it and the Kojima panel.

I don't know if there are any other exceptions, I'm not going to guess.

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular

Preceding the Rooster Teeth panel are the Keynote, then the PA Q&A. We won't clear the theatre after either of them.

As for getting there early, feel free. The line-up is outdoors on a street that we have reserved just for queuing. I'll likely be the first Enforcer there, but chances are I won't roll in until about 6. If you get there at 5, there's really only a small chance you'll be first in line. I think we had attendees there last year at 2am.

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • AppoAppo Registered User regular
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up! Look forward to seeing ya there!

Damn people line up at 2 am. Guess I'll have to wake up early.

edited August 2012
    So I justtalked to the Westin and they finally see my reservation, but the woman I talked to said there was no first night deposit required for my room when I asked about it since they could finally see it. I thought all rooms booked through onpeak required a first nights deposit. Is that not true?

sanovah on
  • dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    Damn people line up at 2 am. Guess I'll have to wake up early.

this cant be right

Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
    So I justtalked to the Westin and they finally see my reservation, but the woman I talked to said there was no first night deposit required for my room when I asked about it since they could finally see it. I thought all rooms booked through onpeak required a first nights deposit. Is that not true?
    Are you looking at it on OnPeak's site or the Westin's site? If OnPeak, that's different from their reservation list. And in the past, reservations have been sent to each hotel at differing times, though mostly within a week of eachother.

a.k.a. dya
    edited August 2012
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    Are you looking at it on OnPeak's site or the Westin's site? If OnPeak, that's different from their reservation list. And in the past, reservations have been sent to each hotel at differing times, though mostly within a week of eachother.

The Westins site. I've been able to see it for a couple days on their website but today was the first they actually saw it too. So when she said she saw it I asked about when they normally take the 1st nights deposit and she said there was no deposit required for my room. Which is where I'm getting confused. I thought all hotels booked through onpeak had a first night deposit requirement, I know there's one listed on my onpeak printout. So is that not the case and do only some hotels require the deposit?

sanovah on
    I've never been charged a deposit. I believe that the deposit is only used if 1) you cancel too soon to the event or 2) you pay by check. Otherwise, you just get charged at check out.

I've never been charged a deposit. I believe that the deposit is only used if 1) you cancel too soon to the event or 2) you pay by check. Otherwise, you just get charged at check out.

Really? Well tbh I am completely clueless about all of this. This is my first pax and time using onpeak as well as my first big solo trip sinced all my buddies backed out. Well ty for the heads up I was a lil worried

• SeattleNativeSeattleNative Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    So I bought two Saturday Passes, one for me, and one for my brother.

Turns out, my brother REALLY wanted to go to the League of Legends tournament thing on Friday, so I met a dude on Craigslist nearby, and swapped my two Saturday for two Friday passes.

He had the letter that comes with the envelope and everything, and he looks like a nice enough guy, and his dad was there too, so just by physical appearance, he seems trustworthy. He called me on his phone as well, and everything was good. He even gave me time to compare my passes with his.

However, I'm VERY SLIGHTLY unsure if the Friday passes are possibly fake. They look literally 100% legit, the hologram, the wording, everything.

The ONLY thing that seemed fishy to me was the weight of the Friday passes. The plastic feels and bends the exact same, the semi-flexible plastic. However, my Saturday passes seemed slightly heavier, and the Friday passes seems slightly lighter.

Is the weight of the Friday pass just inherently lighter than the weight of Saturday passes? Does anyone have both of them to do a comparison?

I really really hope I didn't trade my real passes for fake ones. They seem indistinguishable completely, all except for the weight of the pass, which seems very negligibly different.

SeattleNative on
  • SeattleNativeSeattleNative Registered User regular
    I think I might be just being paranoid.

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I think I might be just being paranoid.

Probably.

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
This discussion has been closed.