This swag you speak of...

2»

Posts

  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA
    edited August 2006
    Fo0dNippl4 wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    And I wasn't even really trying. NCSoft and the City of Heroes people were giving away full versions of their games in trivia contests and stuff.
    Hells yeah. I managed to score a full copy of Lineage II, and City of Heroes as well as a beta for City of Villians. Keep in mind though, that trivia competition was fucking brutal.

    I still remember the question I won CoH for too.
    Wait, trivia?
    My dad grabbed a copy off the table. For what it's worth, the guy was looking right at him.

    I got a big old NCSoft bag and a Lineage 2 poster, lots of Bawls stuff (dirnks, mints, etc), City of Heroes comics, lots of PS2 demos, a FEAR demo disc, and the d20 that came in the bag.
    Full copy, not the demo. They had demos available to just pick up and take.

    Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Fo0dNippl4Fo0dNippl4 Registered User
    edited August 2006
    Fo0dNippl4 wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    And I wasn't even really trying. NCSoft and the City of Heroes people were giving away full versions of their games in trivia contests and stuff.
    Hells yeah. I managed to score a full copy of Lineage II, and City of Heroes as well as a beta for City of Villians. Keep in mind though, that trivia competition was fucking brutal.

    I still remember the question I won CoH for too.
    Wait, trivia?
    My dad grabbed a copy off the table. For what it's worth, the guy was looking right at him.

    I got a big old NCSoft bag and a Lineage 2 poster, lots of Bawls stuff (dirnks, mints, etc), City of Heroes comics, lots of PS2 demos, a FEAR demo disc, and the d20 that came in the bag.
    Full copy, not the demo. They had demos available to just pick up and take.
    This was the full copy.

    Maybe we'll have a chance to get copies of CoV this year.

    Fo0dNippl4 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Warning: Mothership Reporting Richland, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Did everyone forge CDV? They had a bin of games they were giving out if you sat down and played their game with em. They had Blitzkreig and possibly the best WWII rts, Codename: Panzer Phase One. The full game for free. They also gave out free Bawls... Tied with Nintendo and Nvidia for best swag.

    Stabbity Style on
    SijLqhH.png
    Steam: stabbitystyle | uPlay: stabbitystyle | b.net: Stabbity#1528 | XBL: Stabbity Style | PSN: Stabbity_Style | Twitch: stabbitystyle
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User
    edited August 2006
    After 325.97 bottles of Bawls, you'd be pushing up daisies

    See? Weight does have its advantages! ;)

    what's yours?
    http://www.energyfiend.com/death-by-caffeine/

    ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2006
    caffeine overdose wrote:
    After 325.97 bottles of Bawls, you'd be pushing up daisies


    See? Weight does have its advantages! Wink

    what's yours?
    http://www.energyfiend.com/death-by-caffeine/

    After 198.64 bottles of Bawls, you'd be pushing up daisies

    Seems to be roughly 1 bawls/lbs to kill you...

    You sir, are likely to be a very large person...

    Unknown User on
  • EntriechEntriech Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    eelektrik wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    Starbuck wrote:
    Any women want to weigh in on whether a wink and a smile will get us lady-types a little *more* swag? :P Not that I would ever abuse my feminine wiles in such a way... but I'm just sayin'...

    All the people giving out stuff were either giving it to everyone or were selling it. I can't think of anything last year that someone may have wanted but was denied to them.

    I didnt manage to get to play the Pirates of the Burning Sea demo that was there as most of the time there was no organized line in anyway at their booth, and even at the end of the show sunday they wouldnt let me get one of those Getting Booty Since 1720 shirts despite not having time to play the demo.

    Myself, the wife, and the friend hung around the Pirates booth quite a bit, but never got a chance to try the demo, and didn't look like they'd hand us shirts either. All of a sudden while we were talking to one of the Devs, this girl, I have no idea, walked up, and kajoled him into giving all of us shirts. She then proceeded to demand high fives from the three of us. I can honestly I've never been quite so confused but happy.

    I love my 'Support Piracy' shirt. Not only is it slick, and for a cool game, but it's pulled me into more conversations with strangers about copyright reform.

    Random girl who got herself and three strangers Pirates shirts towards the closing of the exhibition hall, if you read this, thanks again!

    Entriech on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    10 bottles of bawls?

    Lame. I had that within 2 hours of pax.

    Last year I consume a total of 14 grams of caffeine. I highly sugguest you not try and do that as I was out of comission for a week afterward.
    I will not be trying to break my record this year :P

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • AerophisAerophis Gamer Dad Issaquah WARegistered User
    edited August 2006
    BigRed wrote:
    10 bottles of bawls?

    Lame. I had that within 2 hours of pax.

    Last year I consume a total of 14 grams of caffeine. I highly sugguest you not try and do that as I was out of comission for a week afterward.
    I will not be trying to break my record this year :P

    My hats off to you Big Red. I think I'll let you keep the title though. I've strung myself out on too much caffeine before. Ugh, not fun at all.

    On an entirely different note....

    Woohoo! 4 more days till PAX!!!!

    Aerophis on
  • Husher~Husher~ Registered User
    edited August 2006
    im buying a few cases this year. unlike last years 2.

    perhaps 4 or 5 or 6

    Husher~ on
    active
  • john_zoidbergjohn_zoidberg Registered User
    edited August 2006
    How much money should I bring to PAX?

    john_zoidberg on
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited August 2006
    as much as you can carry

    In big white bags with dollar signs drawn on them

    Knob on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    How much money should I bring to PAX?

    That really all depends on how much you value your kneecaps and thumbs.

    The Geek on
    zappsigsm.jpg
    Amazon wish list | Please check out my wife's blog and jewelry store.
  • john_zoidbergjohn_zoidberg Registered User
    edited August 2006
    The Geek wrote:
    How much money should I bring to PAX?

    That really all depends on how much you value your kneecaps and thumbs.

    Hahaha, I'll take all that to good measure. :)

    john_zoidberg on
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
  • AerophisAerophis Gamer Dad Issaquah WARegistered User
    edited August 2006
    It depends on how much stuff you want to buy. If you plan on eating at PAX and not walking somewhere, you'd best bring at least $10 for lunch each day. If you are like me and will be needing a constant feed of caffeine, bring another $10 (or $20 depending on how long you'll be there) or so to keep the flow of bawls coming. If you plan on buying any shirts or memorabelia, I'd plan a good $20-$25 each. If you plan on buying into any of the new card or tabletop games their dealing, well hell, sky is the limits.

    I would bring however much you are comfortable with spending, and I'm sure you will find PLENTY of ways to put it to good use. Even if it means buying princess toadstool a drink later that night... ;o) lol

    Aerophis on
  • john_zoidbergjohn_zoidberg Registered User
    edited August 2006
    Aerophis wrote:
    It depends on how much stuff you want to buy. If you plan on eating at PAX and not walking somewhere, you'd best bring at least $10 for lunch each day. If you are like me and will be needing a constant feed of caffeine, bring another $10 (or $20 depending on how long you'll be there) or so to keep the flow of bawls coming. If you plan on buying any shirts or memorabelia, I'd plan a good $20-$25 each. If you plan on buying into any of the new card or tabletop games their dealing, well hell, sky is the limits.

    I would bring however much you are comfortable with spending, and I'm sure you will find PLENTY of ways to put it to good use. Even if it means buying princess toadstool a drink later that night... ;o) lol

    Alright, thanks. I'll keep a good amount of money (or 'Ben-jah-menz', as the 'thugz' at my school refer to them). I'd rather bring too much than not enough.

    john_zoidberg on
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Warning: Mothership Reporting Richland, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Actually, if I can recall correctly, unless they're not comin back, If you buy one Bawls and drink it, you can get a refill of Snowbawls for free.

    Stabbity Style on
    SijLqhH.png
    Steam: stabbitystyle | uPlay: stabbitystyle | b.net: Stabbity#1528 | XBL: Stabbity Style | PSN: Stabbity_Style | Twitch: stabbitystyle
  • Puny HumanPuny Human Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Last PAX, I got a Pirate of the Burning Sea kickass skull-and-bones flag which I traded for a GameCube hat.

    Which I then lost.

    GameCube Hat, you shall be avenged!

    I will acquire a new gaming-oriented hat (preferably Nintendo) this year or die trying.

    Puny Human on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I threw my gamecube hat away because I would never wear it.

    Weaver on
    hCpR4ri.jpg
    Steam: weavermatic xbox: weavermatico
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style Warning: Mothership Reporting Richland, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I wore it every once in a while, but I have since then found a black bucket hat, more comfortable and looks better on me too... I would totally wear an nvidia hat if they gave em out, though. Maybe they'll have bucket hats...

    Stabbity Style on
    SijLqhH.png
    Steam: stabbitystyle | uPlay: stabbitystyle | b.net: Stabbity#1528 | XBL: Stabbity Style | PSN: Stabbity_Style | Twitch: stabbitystyle
Sign In or Register to comment.