As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] Note: Brock Lesnar died on his way to his home planet

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I hate it when they try to force an emotional ending. Those things have to happen naturally, or you get shit all over. Especially when you're a selfish tool like HHH.

Well you can't really call him a selfish tool tonight. I doubt he really cares how the crowd reacts anyway, he still gets to run WWE and fuck Steph.

He gets to be everything Vince McMahon ever wanted to be!

... eww.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I was mainly watching the ending in hopes that Brock would come out and "break" his other arm, then bounce around happily to end the PPV.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    yeah that ending works if your Shawn Micheals

not if your HHH

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    That bad huh? Was it sloppy or something?

Just slow.

Bork/Cena was brutal

Bork/HHH was plodding

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Again, it was like a Davey Richards match with Jui-Jitsu replaced with shitty MMA armbars at about half the pace.

And no, not a match with Elgin. Mike Bennett.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    He lost cleanly in the middle of the ring via tapout, and the ending of the PPV still had to be a big deal all about him.

Well it could be his last match of awhile. No way does he retire tonight though, WWE would be insane not to promote the shit out of that for good reason. Say what you will about Hunter but his last match will draw huge.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Again, it was like a Davey Richards match with Jui-Jitsu replaced with shitty MMA armbars at about half the pace.

Don't forget projectile vomiting.

Not from the audience, from one of the actual wrestlers.

• Options
    The crowd shit on the match?

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I hate it when they try to force an emotional ending. Those things have to happen naturally, or you get shit all over. Especially when you're a selfish tool like HHH.

Well you can't really call him a selfish tool tonight. I doubt he really cares how the crowd reacts anyway, he still gets to run WWE and fuck Steph.

He was clearly very annoyed by the chants and overall lack of anyone giving a shit about him at the end.

I guess he was expecting something like HBK's retirement. Fat chance.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    He lost cleanly in the middle of the ring via tapout, and the ending of the PPV still had to be a big deal all about him.

Well it could be his last match of awhile. No way does he retire tonight though, WWE would be insane not to promote the shit out of that for good reason. Say what you will about Hunter but his last match will draw huge.

I dunno man, that ending screamed "I'm done"

• Options
    I'm not a fan of HHH as a wrestler or a person within the business but he seems like a decent enough human being and has enough talent and legacy that it would be a shame if he went out on that egg fart of a match.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    guess HHH/Taker 3?
    hhh/lesnar was kinda boring as shit!

it was "brock lesnar works the arms" followed by "hhh works the diverticulitis" for way too long

"Both guys focused on recent health issues!"

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options

He was clearly very annoyed by the chants and overall lack of anyone giving a shit about him at the end.

I guess he was expecting something like HBK's retirement. Fat chance.

Don't worry, they'll just edit in cheers for the replay.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    If HHH wants to go out with any sort of respectful reaction from the fans he needs to do it with a, oh I don't know, professional wrestler. Brock was always green and traded more on size than psychology or working the crowd. He barely put any time in at OVW. He's quite capable of putting on a spectacle (and a great one at that) but I don't think he's ever been in a "legendary" match. Just because you go out and throw around Eddie Guerrero it does not make you Eddie Guerrero.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    Scores tomorrow, probably! So long, suckers!

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    It needs to be tomorrow. I need to know if I'm now a double champ, or more likely belt-less.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    If Hunter wanted to go out with a respectful reaction, he should have done years ago when people actually still gave a shit about him, and when he was still an active wrestler.

For the last few years he's been semi-active at best. Plus he's lost (at least) his last two matches in a row. Plus he's the on-air COO and in real life is going to inherit the company in a matter of time. The fans have no reason to give a shit about him retiring from in-ring action, and it showed tonight when in what WWE wanted to be a heartfelt goodbye, the fans instead laughed and chanted YOU TAPPED OUT. Which by the way, I just adored.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    So it looks like Punk vs Cena for Night of Champions. Hopefully it's Rock/Cena at the Rumble then Rock/Punk at Mania.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    It was boring in that it WAS a clean win. I mean amazing that Hunter actually tapped out but they billed the match as a "holy shit will one of them ACTUALLY DIE IN THE RING TONIGHT WHERE IS BOOKER SO WE CAN SAY OH MY GOODNESS A HUNDRED TIMES" and instead it was... a match.

• Options
    It's more likely going to be Rock/Punk at RR and Rock/Cena 2 at Mania. Because no way do they give away Rock/Cena 2 on the second biggest PPV.

• Options
    The last opponent HHH needs to face before hanging up the tights for good is the Rock. Those two had amazing matches and drew a shit load of money together in 99 and 2000. I just don't buy that tonight was his true last match.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    So it looks like Punk vs Cena for Night of Champions. Hopefully it's Rock/Cena at the Rumble then Rock/Punk at Mania.

They want Rock/Cena II. And if they do that match they'll sure as hell save it for WM and not at the Rumble, especially when it can't be the main even because of the Rumble match.

This really does seem to be leaning toward Lesnar/Taker. I don't know how to think about that because risk of bad match aside the way they could craft the story could actually be phenomenal. Almost like a Rocky III thing- Lesnar's just tearing shit up all over the WWE and Hunter's like "I can't beat him.... But I KNOW WHO CAN" etc. and then Taker just Frank Miller's Batmans his way through the next three months.

• Options
    If it's Rock/Cena 2 and Brock/Taker, Punk needs to face Austin. Just have it where Punk berates the Attitude Era and Austin in general, especially the beer drinking part, until Steve's had enough and comes back to beat Punk's ass.

• Options
    Unless Austin gets medical clearance, which he hasn't in a decade, he's done. He's been done for a decade. wirehead, it's not healthy to have these fantasies.

And even if they did fight, one GTS could fuck him up again.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Austin doesn't have to take any big bumps in the match. The entire bout would be Steve beating Punk from pillar to post with the ocassional cheapshot from Punk.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Austin is not going to wrestle again

• Options
    Truth be told I was kinda expecting to see Punk involved with HHH/Brock.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Austin doesn't have to take any big bumps in the match. The entire bout would be Steve beating Punk from pillar to post with the ocassional cheapshot from Punk.

This opinion, Jesus Christ.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular
    Austin himself has never ruled out one more match, and has said plenty of times Punk would be a great opponent. Wirehead has his delusions, but this one is fairly grounded.

578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    No it's cool, and then after that Punk can feud with Hogan

and then with Macho Man. He can take on all the Legends!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    http://thelethaljay.com/blog/?p=54

With how negative everybody is about Ric Flair it's cool to see a positive portrayal of him once in a while. The first part of the blog just talks about Lethal imitating Flair to other people so if you don't read it you aren't missing out.

• Options
    DoomSong8 wrote: »
    Austin himself has never ruled out one more match, and has said plenty of times Punk would be a great opponent. Wirehead has his delusions, but this one is fairly grounded.

He doesn't need to rule out any more matches.

Because it's not up to him, it's up to the doctors. He's made that clear, Vince has made it clear, everybody's made that clear.

The doctors haven't allowed it for more than a decade. Do you honestly think that's going to change in time for Mania?

Fucked up neck + fucked up knees + age. Even if it did magically happen, anybody with eyes could see the clusterfuck that would inevitably happen if he did step in the ring again.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    punk/andre for wrestlemana xxx

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Punk is a ring general and can make a match with Austin work.

• Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    that ppv was a yawner

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I thought the main event was really good. I thought the whole ppv was really good.

• Options
    DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular

Because it's not up to him, it's up to the doctors. He's made that clear, Vince has made it clear, everybody's made that clear.

The doctors haven't allowed it for more than a decade. Do you honestly think that's going to change in time for Mania?

Fucked up neck + fucked up knees + age. Even if it did magically happen, anybody with eyes could see the clusterfuck that would inevitably happen if he did step in the ring again.
    I hate to be that guy, but, source? I've seen plenty of reputable people within the industry talking about Austin being able to do another match. I can't imagine they'd be saying any of that if it was obvious that doctors wouldn't let it happen.

578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Punk is a ring general and can make a match with Austin work.

If this were a sit com we'd have a laugh track playing right now.
    Maybe some groans.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Why is there a 6 week gap between Night of Champions and Hell in a Cell?

• Options

I hate to be that guy, but, source? I've seen plenty of reputable people within the industry talking about Austin being able to do another match. I can't imagine they'd be saying any of that if it was obvious that doctors wouldn't let it happen.

These two are sadly the first/closest things I could find

Both state that, at least when he retired, it was due to doctors telling him he was a wrong move away from paralysis or even death. Granted things could change, but I haven't read anything about any sort of doctor saying "oh hey it's cool you can get back to that sport where you broke your neck and legs in the first place"

This discussion has been closed.