As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Board Games] Discussions of Wil Wheaton's cardboard nerd-cred consolidated here.

• NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    I was able to score a copy of Dark Ages at Gencon and it is indeed bananas. The amount of cards that manipulate the trash or use trash as a resource creates this bizarre shared reserve that I've never had to consider in Dominion before. It makes games almost a mexican standoff because one person might be going ape shit with a trash based strategy, then another person can easily piggyback off it late game for a win. I'm really excited about getting more plays of it in. Only had the one so far.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    What base set are you running with Dark Ages, btw? All I've got is the base set, and for some reason I was thinking that Dark Ages was one too.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    What I love with Dominion is that pretty much every expansion has seen me go "This shit be bananas" and I play a few games with it and it is off the wall crazy, completely changing how you approach Dominion. I lose dozens of games to strategies I'd never even thought of never mind though were viable or not. Then it all seems normal, the strategic landscape expanded in fabulous new directions. And then, 6 months later, a new expansion is released and the banana cycle starts again.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
    edited August 2012
    Heh, so I'm watching the FFG Day four video...

bIuPR.jpg

That's totally the back of my head there, the person in the purple. The NR: Icebreaker was going on at the same time as the AGOT tournament.

Random thoughts from the Icebreaker:

NBN and Noise were definitely the popular ones. (I personally played Kate & NBN.)

Probably because Noise is *really* easy to play. Get his viruses out, get 'em rolling, run R&D and access a billion cards. If you're facing Noise, ICE up fast so he can't get those virus tokens going.

Tag & Bagging seemed to be popular, especially with Scorched Earth being around. Sure, it's 4 influence, but if you've got a tag on the runner and he's got less than four cards in hand, they're going to die from the 4 meat damage. I *really* want to put Crash Space in my deck now. (Location that you can discard to prevent three meat.) NBN definitely makes it easier, too, since they get those two free creds that can be spent on traces, which can basically make the base strength of a trace 5.

They *do* have a weakness in that a lot of their ICE doesn't end runs. I think only *one* does? They're going to have to either dip into other faction's ICE or run some of the neutral stuff.

Wyldside is *really* handy for the Runner. At the start of the turn, you *have* to forefit a click, but you immediately draw two cards. Helps keep your hand full to avoid SE's, and to just keep seeing more of your deck.

I *really* like playing Kate. Maker's Eye won me a few games, especially early-on if they havn't ICE'd up R&D yet. Why yes, I'd like to access three cards from R&D... oh, hey, two agendas. Money.

Ended up going 2-2 match-wise in the tournament. Don't think I really scored many agendas, though. Most of the games I played I think I won as Corp by just bagging the runner. Did have one game where I didn't pull a Agenda (somehow) all game. Had a fantastic start for defensive ICE, but nothing to actually protect. And whenever the Runner got through my ICE on R&D, he always hit a Agenda.

I *like* NBN, but I might switch to Jinteki for more reliable damage. HB is pretty cool too, what with Biotic Labor and whatnot. (I think gaining two clicks is pretty nice.)

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    I actually grabbed a copy of the basic cards with the new artwork just so I could play Dark Ages immediately. Plus I really like the new artwork for copper, silver, gold, etc. Now I just need to figure out how to get all this into one box again :/

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    They *do* have a weakness in that a lot of their ICE doesn't end runs. I think only *one* does?

Two if you count Data Raven's auto-routine.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Random thoughts from the Icebreaker:

NBN and Noise were definitely the popular ones. (I personally played Kate & NBN.)

Probably because Noise is *really* easy to play. Get his viruses out, get 'em rolling, run R&D and access a billion cards. If you're facing Noise, ICE up fast so he can't get those virus tokens going.

Tag & Bagging seemed to be popular, especially with Scorched Earth being around. Sure, it's 4 influence, but if you've got a tag on the runner and he's got less than four cards in hand, they're going to die from the 4 meat damage. I *really* want to put Crash Space in my deck now. (Location that you can discard to prevent three meat.) NBN definitely makes it easier, too, since they get those two free creds that can be spent on traces, which can basically make the base strength of a trace 5.

They *do* have a weakness in that a lot of their ICE doesn't end runs. I think only *one* does? They're going to have to either dip into other faction's ICE or run some of the neutral stuff.

Wyldside is *really* handy for the Runner. At the start of the turn, you *have* to forefit a click, but you immediately draw two cards. Helps keep your hand full to avoid SE's, and to just keep seeing more of your deck.

I *really* like playing Kate. Maker's Eye won me a few games, especially early-on if they havn't ICE'd up R&D yet. Why yes, I'd like to access three cards from R&D... oh, hey, two agendas. Money.

Ended up going 2-2 match-wise in the tournament. Don't think I really scored many agendas, though. Most of the games I played I think I won as Corp by just bagging the runner. Did have one game where I didn't pull a Agenda (somehow) all game. Had a fantastic start for defensive ICE, but nothing to actually protect. And whenever the Runner got through my ICE on R&D, he always hit a Agenda.

I *like* NBN, but I might switch to Jinteki for more reliable damage. HB is pretty cool too, what with Biotic Labor and whatnot. (I think gaining two clicks is pretty nice.)

I like hearing all this, because as much as I don't intend to buy Netrunner, I hope someone else does so I can play it at least. Having gone at the orignal once, I'd be curious to see the differences.
    By all means, post more reports like this if you get to keep going.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Are there just 3 runners?
    I am interested in playing it but looking around Yu Gi yo is still the thing around here

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I am interested in playing it but looking around Yu Gi yo is still the thing around here

wat

I am tired I forgot how to spell yu gi oh
    Really I think one of the problems I would have trying to get people other than my freind or brother to play Netrunner is Magic is full of jerks and Yu Gi Oh has a rather large following

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

wat

Have you not gone into a game store recently? Yu Gi Oh is still pretty popular. My local comic shop runs tournaments weekly.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
    I have not seen anyone playing Yu Gi Oh in any of the three game stores I visit in this area (Seattle/Redmond). Pokemon, yes, but not Yu Gi Oh.

I have not seen anyone playing Yu Gi Oh in any of the three game stores I visit in this area (Seattle/Redmond). Pokemon, yes, but not Yu Gi Oh.

Huh. Crazy. Though, Pokemon still being around is just as crazy.

At least Pokemon does something different, rather than just being a kiddy version of Magic...

There's also a (thankfully) non-existant Yu-Gi-Oh crowd around my place. There has been a large Pokemon base crop up the last 2 months, but that's entertaining at least. The most fun I ever saw coming out of YGO was how hilariously long the ban-list and restricted list was for that game.

At least Pokemon does something different, rather than just being a kiddy version of Magic...

Maybe its changed, but back when I was playing Yu-Gi-Oh when it first came out, it shared almost nothing in common with magic at all.

Well I've had some time to process Gencon. I'm not sure if it was an effect of going with more people, and thus having a less pressing need to socialize outside of our group, or what. But I felt like there was significantly less buzz around any particular game this year over last. I mean Netrunner blew up. But it was over so fast it was hard for anyone else to give a shit. The people who knew about it bought all the copies and the rest of us heard about it a day or two later and said "I guess it must have been good?" Last year I remember Quarriors seemed to own the convention. Everyone was talking about if you'd tried Quarriors yet. But I guess millage may very.

And to hide the wall of text, here's what I thought of Ares Project, Tribune, Shadows Over Camelot, Dominion: Dark Ages, Descent 2.0, Biblios, Goa, Ascension, Rune Age, Arcana, Innovation and Xig.
    I got Ares Project in the math trade. I managed 2 rounds of the basic game and I really enjoyed it. I had a lot of questions after the first round, and a few less after the second round. I think after the 3rd or 4th round of the game I'll be ready for the advanced rules. Then I may actually be playing it correctly after the 3rd or 4th round of that. Normally I don't have this much patience for a game, but it plays quickly. Ostensibly you'll have about 45 turns, but the vast majority of them will be putting cards face down as resources. If I could compare it to anything, it feels like the perfect adaptation of StarCraft to a card game.

I also got Tribune in the math trade because I've been on a 6 month Roman history binge, but there aren't a lot of Roman themed games that aren't war games. And Trajan intimidates me with its intense euro-ness. I really enjoyed the wide array of victory condition, of which you need 4 or 5 out of 6 depending on the number of players and objective card you've taken. It was a fun mix of worker placement and set collection. Everyone got the game quickly and wanted to play it again.

I got Shadows Over Camelot in the math trade, but my copy was horrifically fucked up like I already said. At first it was missing the manual. I eventually tracked the guy down and he stole a copy of the manual out of another copy of the game for me. Then I went to play it and found out it had a ton of extra black cards, and was missing over a dozen white cards! Still waiting to see how this gets resolved. I am NOT happy with how this trade went. It's my first bad experience trading. I guess I forgot things like this could happen. Still, the game we struggled through as fun and I look forward to playing it again.

The last game I got was Earth Reborn which I haven't had a chance to inventory or play. Maybe I'll at least go over the pieces today.

I picked up Dominion Dark Ages while I was there along with the upgraded basic card set. Dark Ages is a blast to play. In the game I played of it a lot of trash manipulating cards came out along with the knights. Knights were a lot of fun because they were attack cards that will result in mutual destruction if they encounter another knight. We never saw any looters, which are cards which give you spoils that are basically a gold you use and immediately return to the spoils pile. We also never saw any of the cards which transition to other cards. For example Hermits can become Madmen. But you don't treat Madmen like a normal supply pile. You can't purchase them. They don't count as an empty pile. They are similar to the tournament reward cards from Cornucopia in that they sort of exists outside of the normal game and can only be acquired by meeting the conditions of an action card. I'm excited to get more plays of this in.

I also grabbed Descent 2.0 while I was there and got a quick game in. I know it's not an RPG proper, but it has enough. I think I've finally found a game that properly hearkens back to my glory days of playing HeroQuest in Elementary School with my fellow neighborhood nerds. Really enjoyed running through the intro scenario. Absolutely love the asymmetric victory conditions, ease of play, ease of setup, short play time, two part quests, quest effects that ripple through other quests, etc, etc, etc. Just an all around great game I'm excited to explore.

I purchased Biblios while I was there too! This was a fantastic filler. It plays so quickly. Plus my girlfriend liked it so that's an enormous plus! There is no greater feeling than making someone waste all their money too early in the auction phase and having free reign over the remaining auctions.

I got Xig too because it was $5 at a clearance shelf. Turns out it's on several "Worst Games of All Time" lists on BGG. Oh well. It was a fun little game. Almost more of a toy. Once again, I think my girlfriend will enjoy it every now and again. It has puzzle pieces and fanciful artwork with a thin layer of strategy and special effects over what is basically putting a puzzle together. I can see it working well with my family members who's idea of a holiday evening is getting out a puzzle and working on it together too.

One of the new games a friend of mine bought was Goa. Well it was new to us. Someone in the games library was kind enough to show us how to play when he saw us puzzling over the rule book. It was a very enjoyable experience, resulting in my friend purchasing a copy of the 2nd edition the next day. It had some rather interesting rules changes. Like the auctioneer being able to take the auction for 1 less than the highest bid. Completely changed the character of the game. But we really enjoyed it.

I also got to try out Ascension, Rune Age and Arcana from the library. I'd played the living shit out of Ascension on my iPad but it was a lot more fun in person. Rune Age we all absolutely hated. We began to wonder if we were playing the game wrong but near as we could tell we had the right of it. Who knows. Arcana we also hated the shit out of. The iconography was simply not clear at all. We were constantly fucking up our card play because the cards were cluttered and the art direction just failed to make the cards easily understandable at a glance. I feel like the mechanics of the game were solid, but the art direction murdered it.

I also got to try Innovation and loved it! We played a few rules slightly wrong when I went back over them later, But I enjoyed it enough to go ahead and grab it off Amazon once I got home. It was funny. The round I played frustrated the shit out of me because I got off to an early lead, and then every turn after that was my opponents having a 10 minute Jam Session working out exactly how to cause me the most pain possible. I get ganging up on the leader. But it's obnoxious as shit when you are openly discussion what you have in your hand, collaborating on how to do the perfect one two punch, and worst of all, taking forever about it! But even though I walked away from that game just frustrated as hell, I couldn't stop thinking about how elegant and simple the game design was and how much fun I had, minus the excessive table talk (the game took 90 minutes)

We actually had a fight break out in our FLGS between Yu-Gi-Oh! players a few weeks ago.

The video from the security cams was hilarious. Wish I could've grabbed a copy.

For now, yeah. Would be very surprised if we don't see some new identities for the factions in expansions down the line.

Also deck-building might be a bit more flexible once there's more faction cards out. Right now, just to meet the 45-card limit I had to run basically all the Shaper cards and some neutral cards. Everything's totally useful, though.

My Kate deck thus far:

Identity: Kate "Mac" McCaffrey - Shapers

Shaper
    Programs:
    3x Gordian Blade
    2x Battering Ram
    2x Pipeline
    2x Magnum Opus (Money, fuck yeah! A better version of Armitage Codebusting that never runs out and just takes up 2 MU's.)
    2x Net Shield (Honestly, didn't use this much. Didn't see much net damage since I never had to play against Jinteki.)

Hardware:
    1x The Toolbox
    2x Rabbit Hole (Dear traces: Eat a dick. Or spend some actual cash on it.)
    2x The Personal Touch (Permanently raising a breaker's strength? Hell yes.)
    2x Akamatsu Mem Chip (Gotta free up some MU's due to Magnum Opus. If un-needed, can always trash to the Pawnshop for 1/0 from discount for 3.)

Events:
    3x Diesel (Yo dawg, I hear you like cards, so for 0 creds and the card you get three.)
    2x Modded (I know I like free hardware. Especially with Kate's built-in reduction stacks with this. Makes stuff cost 3 less.)
    3x Tinkering (Gives a piece of ICE all the keywords so you can basically use any breaker to break subroutines.)
    3x The Maker's Eye (Can win you games if you can hit R&D regularly or early if they havn't ICE'd it up yet. Yes, I'd definitely like to access three cards from R&D. Oh, hey, three agendas. Winning?)

Resources:
    2x Sacrificial Construct (Not too amazing right now, can blow it up to keep a program or hardware from being destroyed. Great fodder for...)
    1x Aesop's Pawnshop (Great for when you have extra hardware just sitting around that isn't doing anything. Trash some hardware at the beginning of your turn to gain 3 creds. Doesn't even take up a action.)

Neutral:
    Events:
    3x Sure Gamble (Turns 5 creds into 9.)
    Resources:
    2x Armitage Codebusting (Stick 12 creds on it when it's installed for 1, take a click to take two off it. Handy, although un-needed once Magnum Opus is in play.)

Out-of-Faction: 15/15 used.
    2x Wyldside (3 INF, 6 total) Oh my goodness card draw. Give up your first click every turn to draw two? Hell yes.
    3x Easy Mark (1 INF, 3 total) 0 creds to gain 3. Free money other than the time it takes & the card.
    3x Forged Activation Orders (2 INF, 6 total) For when you feel like being a asshole to a corp player, and know they don't have the cash to pay for it. You target a piece of ICE with it, and either they have to immediately rez it, or trash it.

The breakers for Shapers are interesting since they keep their strength boost for the entire run. Normally you have to keep spending creds if there's more than one piece of ICE rezzed that's defending. If you know there's going to be two and you know what the front piece of ICE is, you can use a Tinkering on the second to give it all the keywords so the same icebreaker can break both. Battering Ram's a good target for this, since it starts at 3 strength naturally.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Where was Dark Ages being played/on sale? I swear I looked for it everywhere, RGG didn't have a booth that I could find and none of the general "we sell games" vendors had it.

I had heard Dark Ages would be at Gencon, but asking around, nobody knew where it was. Eventually I found a local vendor not far off from FFG's booth that had a Rio Grande sign over their booth and apparently had partnered with Rio Grande. So I got my copy of Dark Ages from him. Sucks that you couldn't find it. I was expecting it to be more advertised myself. But there wasn't even a line! Maybe most gamers got burned out on Dominion 2 or 3 expansions ago.

Namrok wrote: »
    I had heard Dark Ages would be at Gencon, but asking around, nobody knew where it was. Eventually I found a local vendor not far off from FFG's booth that had a Rio Grande sign over their booth and apparently had partnered with Rio Grande. So I got my copy of Dark Ages from him. Sucks that you couldn't find it. I was expecting it to be more advertised myself. But there wasn't even a line! Maybe most gamers got burned out on Dominion 2 or 3 expansions ago.

Or maybe it was that you had to get crammed inside that massive tower of games to actually check out.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Inaugural Quarriors game 1v1 with Mrs Jam. She thrashed me! I managed to get 3 dragons in my 'deck' but never got to score them as she kept getting death spells. I made the classic Dominion villages error and had far too many portals but for all my endless dice rolling not actually ending up with any decent results. Anyway, she enjoyed it which is the important thing and I'm looking forward to trying larger games when on a holiday with friends next week.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    I actually also played Quarriors last week. I was about as big a fan as I was expecting - not much at all.
    *shrug* Dice. I would much rather play King of Tokyo because the banter and trash talk is far more entertaining, plus, you know, there's at least a good chance you'll accomplish *something* you wanted to do with your turn.

Funny thing was, I won and bought 0 portals and 1 dragon. I watched an opponent with 3 portals and 3 dragons roll all of them and just get 'money'. Twice. And there's nothing they can do about that. I don't really feel I deserved to win (I did have the most 'pruned' bag at the end), and that's never a feeling I like having with a game.

Positive remark: Those dice really are pretty. Not sure they're $50 pretty, but ... they are pretty.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Got my copy of Urban Structures from supporting the Flash Point kickstarter. Hoping to play it tonight. I'm on vacation with my wife's family and we have played Flash Point the past two nights. My father-in-law who doesn't like games is actually enjoying this game!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Played my first game of Dungeon Petz tonight, which was very fun, and seemed that there was a lot of strategy without being stupidly complicated. Also felt a lot less like you were trying for the least bad outcome / were mitigating risk than in Dungeon Lords.
    I can see how stuff can go wrong but you can control it by selling monsters so it is more in players hands how much risk they deal with.

Are there any really solid tactics people would recommend other than the obvious. May go and read some guides but thought I'd ask if anyone has some 'must do's/don'ts'

So how many copies did you have to get to build that deck? I have told a few people about the downside of a LCG is buying the set again for cards since it seems there are few people willing to chop it up and sell it card by card

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    I thought you didn't need to chop up LCGs because each set gave you a full play quantity of every card?

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »
    I thought you didn't need to chop up LCGs because each set gave you a full play quantity of every card?

No. Most LCG's we've seen give you a play set of commons and 1 or 2 rares, requiring you to buy multiple (but always a known multiple) copies of the packs.

What is this I don't even.
    Well, that's a bit more blanket, perhaps ...
    I know Warhammer: Invasion basically went like this:

Base game had decks that you could only get more of the cards of by buying more of the base set. Of course, there were singles of some cards I would argue you're a fool not to want 3 of. So, you either suffered and had fewer of those cards, or you suffered and spent 3x the cost on buying core sets you had no use for beyond picking up maybe 30 cards.
    The first few expansions followed a similar formula, where you got some number of some cards.
    Eventually, I think largely due to community outcry, they stopped this behaviour. The newer expansions will contain as many of each card as you can put in your deck (almost always 3), which means you only buy 1 and you're set.

I don't know how other LCGs have gone, as I wouldn't put it beyond FFG to have each of them follow a different release mechanism ... But I hope that any of their newer LCGs follow the notion of "buy me once and you're set."

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

Base game had decks that you could only get more of the cards of by buying more of the base set. Of course, there were singles of some cards I would argue you're a fool not to want 3 of. So, you either suffered and had fewer of those cards, or you suffered and spent 3x the cost on buying core sets you had no use for beyond picking up maybe 30 cards.
    The first few expansions followed a similar formula, where you got some number of some cards.
    Eventually, I think largely due to community outcry, they stopped this behaviour. The newer expansions will contain as many of each card as you can put in your deck (almost always 3), which means you only buy 1 and you're set.

I don't know how other LCGs have gone, as I wouldn't put it beyond FFG to have each of them follow a different release mechanism ... But I hope that any of their newer LCGs follow the notion of "buy me once and you're set."

All the game of thrones stuff I bought was the same: playset of commons and singles of rares. That was why I stopped buying. I've heard that they've fixed it in some cases, but I haven't heard if it's completely fixed or just less of a problem.

What is this I don't even.
    From what I can see PMAvers built the deck they posted with one deck
    The Card List for Netrunner
    Who knows what the formula is now since this is the basic deck or starter

When I was still playing Warhammer Invasion all the cycles had 3 copies of every card. But the deluxe expansions still did the 3 of some, 2 of others, and 1 of some because FUCK YOU that's why.

• Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    The "new" Shadowfist Dynamic Card Game is going for an interesting/strange (delete as appropriate) hybrid of the LCG and CCG style. After the initial 6 fixed decks are released the expansions are going to be made up of 50 cards. Each booster pack will be 50 cards, 1 of each from the set. Shadowfist card limits is 5 copies in a deck so depending on your play group you could buy one or two packs each and trade with others to get the 5 max for the faction you want or just buy 5 packs to get a complete set for all six factions no messing.

I'm intrigued to see how this works in pratice as in the old Shadowfist CCG model (which used a common/uncommon/rare distribution) rare cards were almost never cards you wanted more than a couple of in a deck whereas commons were the life blood of decks and you'd see all kinds of 'inverted' trades where one common would go for multiple rares. The main sticking point I'm seeing is that Feng Shui sites (what you need to play and capture to win the game) are neutral so can go in any deck and sometimes you do want to run 5 copies of a site.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • RiqaRiqa Registered User regular
    Namrok wrote: »

Or maybe it was that you had to get crammed inside that massive tower of games to actually check out.

Not to mention how shady that store felt, selling things for rather cheap day 1 and some guy out front hocking things off left and right like its the back of some truck. Did grab a copy of Race for the Galaxy from them for $21 which was nice. But yeah our group didn't bother with Dark Age: too many expansions that have barely been played. Happy that we managed to grab a copy of Netrunner and 7 Wonder's new expansion though.
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

All the game of thrones stuff I bought was the same: playset of commons and singles of rares. That was why I stopped buying. I've heard that they've fixed it in some cases, but I haven't heard if it's completely fixed or just less of a problem.

Game of Thrones LCG has mostly fixed that now, they have reprinted most of the earlier packs and all new ones along with the house expansions all come with play sets of all cards. The core set still comes with one of each save a few cards that have two.

3DS: 3411-1583-6442
    Steam: Noai
    Warframe: Fairwoods
    edited August 2012
    All of the FFG LCG stuff printed since some date that I don't recall (but sometime in the last year or two, probably) was released with full playsets of all the cards in all sets (deluxe expansions, boosters, etc). Anything printed before that, which includes the GoT and WH:Invasion core sets, will still have one and two-ofs.

admanb on
    edited August 2012
    From what I can see PMAvers built the deck they posted with one deck
    The Card List for Netrunner
    Who knows what the formula is now since this is the basic deck or starter

Yeah, I built that with a single copy. Something I noticed was that there were very few of the 1x's in the set that I really wanted more copies of, they were all things that I could definitely live with just being 1x's.

The Toolbox, for instance, is her rig, and you can only *have* one copy of it in play. Going 2x or 3x would mean you'd draw it easier, but I'd almost rather just run events in those slots for extra card draw to make it easier to draw.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Is that what the * was for in the card list? it being only one copy in play?

I know I saw the list, looked what you built reread the rules. I have a feeling Kate is going to be the runner for most people

Is that what the * was for in the card list? it being only one copy in play?

I know I saw the list, looked what you built reread the rules. I have a feeling Kate is going to be the runner for most people

Yeah, it's unique. Honestly, I think all the runners are solid. The Criminals have some really dick-moves of actions available to them. Account Siphon and Inside Job, I'm looking at you. Account Siphon has you make a run on their... HQ, I think? If it's successful, instead of accessing cards the Corp loses up to 5 creds, the runner gains 2 creds for every cred the corp lost, and takes two tags. Can probably lose the tags before the corp is able to recover and actually do anything with them. Inside Job lets you make a run and skip the first encountered piece of ICE this run.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I tried playing Zombicide by myself to prepare for my group's gaming night tonight.
    12%2B-%2B1
    Things didn't go well.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    It looks like you're winning the "biggest zombie party" competition.