As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] PAX Prime forums custom dice?

13»

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Well the point isn't to "sell like crazy" as there is no profit going on here. It's a thing to have for the community, for fun. Yes obviously getting something put together that a lot of people want is a good thing, but the goal isn't to make money.

• Options
    YamaraYamara Registered User regular
    As I mentioned, I'd be willing to help with the graphics, once it gets settled. The community heraldry and logo don't have the PAX logo exactly. They use the same font for PA, and I made up an X to match, so as not to use the full-fledged PAX logo. I'm highly doubtful the full heraldry would fit on one face, but the Q Workshop dice to have some pretty epic detail. I'd love to make it work (I might need a ping as I can't read the forums daily).

I suppose Prime dice should be blue.

We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
  • Options
    ep3ep3 Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Well the point isn't to "sell like crazy" as there is no profit going on here. It's a thing to have for the community, for fun. Yes obviously getting something put together that a lot of people want is a good thing, but the goal isn't to make money.

I am sorry if I came of like a hardcore capitalist, that was not my intent. The more that it is spoken for the better the price break. As a gamer a very simple dice to commemorate pax would be awesome.

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Yamara wrote: »
    As I mentioned, I'd be willing to help with the graphics, once it gets settled. The community heraldry and logo don't have the PAX logo exactly. They use the same font for PA, and I made up an X to match, so as not to use the full-fledged PAX logo. I'm highly doubtful the full heraldry would fit on one face, but the Q Workshop dice to have some pretty epic detail. I'd love to make it work (I might need a ping as I can't read the forums daily).

I suppose Prime dice should be blue.

I agree on the blue colour. As for the full crest, I don't think that is practical. I still maintain we go for the shield in the middle of the crest as the special logo on the dice.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    This is the icon I believe we should go with for the custom dice:

PAX_Community_Shield.jpg

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    ep3ep3 Registered User regular
    I really like the icon. Do you think we could add the year?

• Options
    Zoroark173Zoroark173 Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »

PAX_Community_Shield.jpg
    ep3 wrote: »

Maybe add the Year on a different side. Thelogo can be on the 6, and the Year can be on the 1?

• Options
    VersuskidVersuskid Maui, HIRegistered User regular
    Zoroark173 wrote: »
    kropotkin wrote: »

PAX_Community_Shield.jpg
    ep3 wrote: »

Maybe add the Year on a different side. Thelogo can be on the 6, and the Year can be on the 1?

Yeah that's simple and nice... And just like Ep3 said its the first year so we should keep it simple...

Love the design I will definitely buy one!

Prime 2014 Status: .[ ] Pass(es) .[ ] Hotel .[ ] Plane Tickets .Waiting Patiently [NEVER!!]
    Challenge Coin [ ]. Custom Dice [ ]. Forumer Pin [ ]. On Forumer Badge [ ]
    Attendee: Prime '12, '13
  • Options
    MonsolMonsol Tacoma WA Registered User new member
    Love it!! I would love to buy a set of dice. YES!!

• Options
    VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    cool, cool, cool!

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
  • Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Awesome idea....I.would love to get one or a set ;)

• Options
    YamaraYamara Registered User regular
    I already had the year put on from making the Buttoneers button, so here's a mockup of both, with the full shield outline visible. Standalone, it might make sense to thin the bottom out a smidge.
    pax_comm_2012-dice_demo.png

If the 2012 is it's own face, I think if the 2012 isn't on a shield of it's own, or some other backdrop, it might look more consistent to use the same style numbering for '2012' as is on the dice. (Plus, you can point the numbers to your GM when you say you did 2012 points of damage on a d6.)

We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
  • Options
    cbelleviecbellevie Registered User regular
    Excellent, this is something I would really want in on!

• Options
    smashilatorsmashilator Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
    /interested assuming there will be details forthcoming.

• Options
    ninjahqninjahq Registered User regular
    Also interested!

• Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    Any update on the status of the dice ?

• Options
    TigerDawnTigerDawn Registered User regular
    I'm really interested in getting dice if this happens. Careful though if you don't get the order in soon there will not be enough time for delivery before PAX.

• Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    TigerDawn wrote: »
    I'm really interested in getting dice if this happens. Careful though if you don't get the order in soon there will not be enough time for delivery before PAX.

Hey guys, sorry been busy with life and stuff...
    Krop/Yamara I really like the logo as well.

I will be working on this all week to get the dice ordered by Monday next week!
    I'll update the OP with any additional info!

Cheers

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Serenity, are you planning to get shipment of all of them and we get 'em from you at PAX?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Amusingly, some of the more recent ideas line up with a traditional con saying: 1-2-3. At least one shower a day, two meals, three hours sleep. Here are a couple quick ideas for making numerically useful dice with custom faces.

1 - a single shower head, faucet, drop of water
    2 - two cookies
    3 - While this would traditionally be sleep, we can replace it with panels! Three mics.
    4 - DPad (it has four points!)
    5 - PaxPox? Swag? Buttons? Too many possibilities.
    6 - to get super meta, a D20. Or... a D6. hehehe.

I still really like this idea. A "game" in itself, but also useful as a regular die. I'd have paid $6 for one... The only one I have trouble with is 5... It should be a loot bag, but I don't know how to make it also a 5.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    cbelleviecbellevie Registered User regular
    Serenity wrote: »
    TigerDawn wrote: »

Hey guys, sorry been busy with life and stuff...
    Krop/Yamara I really like the logo as well.

I will be working on this all week to get the dice ordered by Monday next week!
    I'll update the OP with any additional info!

Cheers

So glad to see this still happening! Thanks!

• Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    Serenity ,
    Did these actually pan out ? haven't seen an update regarding them being ordered or not

• Options
    deflatermau5deflatermau5 CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm curious about these too. I haven't heard any info on these in a while and i was looking forward to picking up a set

• Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Serenity ,
    Did these actually pan out ? haven't seen an update regarding them being ordered or not

No, unfortunately Chessex didn't get back to me in time and when they did, they said it would be really tight to get them in time for PAX.
    I started this idea too late and the process (from design, to mold, to production, to shipping) takes a fair amount of time.

Sorry guys! I am totally down for doing this next year though! Watch the forums for a new thread/this thread to be updated!
    Doing it next year will also give me time to figure out distribution of dice and payments etc. etc.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
This discussion has been closed.