As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along [Phalla] (Mini) -- VILLAINS REIGN VICTORIOUS

• TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Terrendos wrote: »
    SeGaTai seems to have been quieter than usual. Could be a special or a hero.

So you'd vote off someone you suspect of being a special?

Voting for Terrendos based on this post and just a guy feeling in general.

Kime, the phalla started with 29 people and the standard mafia count is village x .2 so I was assuming that there would only be 2 heroes left. I just found it odd that only a couple people would still be listed as a "group".

Well, SeGaTai seems to have just made my point for me. If Cythraul were nervous about losing a special, there's no reason he couldn't just pull the vote to someone else.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    No network call tonight, so late lurkers get chatty! :P

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    still don't really trust megafrost but with lack of other votes I have to vote for Kaplar as well for self preservation, anyone else feeling anything?

PSN SeGaTai
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I'm feeling that you should not vote for me :D

Kaplar on
  • MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    I'm going to shift my vote over to Terrendos for now. He's still on my dunalist and my vote for Stever didn't take off.

• adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    Kaplar

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
    edited August 2012
    Current vote count:

Kaplar:4 (Kime, SeGaTai, Stever, adventfalls)
    Terrendos:3 (Kaplar, Megafrost, kuhlmeye)
    SeGaTai:2 (Lucedes, Terrendos)
    Kime:1 (MrTLicious

Kaplar on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Ties are bad

Terrendos

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited August 2012
    Kaplar

No explanation for that? Any reason a bandwagon is getting started on me?

e:
    Kaplar:3 (SeGaTai, Stever, adventfalls)
    Terrendos:4 (Kaplar, Megafrost, kuhlmeye, Kime)
    SeGaTai:4 (Lucedes, Terrendos)
    Kime:1 (MrTLicious)

Kaplar on
    Lucedes claimed to have the power of 3 votes. Remember that.

Oh, right. Edited.

On that note, I really hope Lucedes was seered at some point.

If lucedes alone kills me grudges will be had

PSN SeGaTai
    Megafrost wrote: »
    On that note, I really hope Lucedes was seered at some point.

Same. I hope someone knows something we don't.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Terrendos because ties are bad.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Hm.

kime switched from kaplar to terrendos w/ 2 hours to go because ties are bad?

MrTLicious wrote: »
    Hm.

kime switched from kaplar to terrendos w/ 2 hours to go because ties are bad?

People do seem to be pretty inactive today.

edited August 2012
    Also, I know this doesn't mean much, but I'd stake my reputation on me being village.

Kaplar on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    DEMOCRACY IS OVER. PERMANENTLY. FINAL NARRATION INCOMING.

Game over? We won?

terrendos

PSN SeGaTai
    Megafrost wrote: »
    Game over? We won?

It would seem like it.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    We paused before a house that seemed
    A swelling of the ground;
    The roof was scarcely visible,
    The cornice but a mound.
    DAY FIVE

The Happy Buttercup Fairy was chasing SarCastro down the hallway. “This is fucking faaaantastic!” he shouted as he charged down the corridors in a panic. “No, don’t worry guys and gals. I don’t need any help.” He sighed heavily, wishing he wasn’t so devoted to staying in character. He turned the corner and knew that this was the end. A dead end to be precise. “Look. Don’t mess up my face, ok?”
    ‘No promises, SeGaTai! Teehee!’
    The quick slicing sound of a blade passing through flesh could be heard over and over as Kime dismantled his victim.

The Justice Society of Justice was on a roll. They had managed to take out some lower and even some mid-level villains on this mission. This kill, however, would get them fame forever! They had managed to sneak up on Dr. Horrible after a seminar on horribleness. Pretending to come in to prepare notes with the Dr., they used the close quarters to their advantage. A pen filled with poison darted out of a sleeve and into the Dr.’s neck. A look of surprise flashed across Lucedes’ face. After the shock, though, there was no anger. There was a happy resignation. “Finally. Penny… I’m coming…” he said, and then died.

Brick Frog was hopping down the hallway looking for the insectinator. He was hungry, and killing the villain would provide a good cover if anyone was doubting his legitimacy. Heroes didn't kill people normally, right? Surely that would erase doubt in their minds as to his "evilness."
    It was strange how easily children could see through disguises, though. Teacup, the evil orphan child loved frogs. What she loved most about them was squeezing the butt end and watching everything explode out of the front of them. She wondered idly if the same thing would happen with a much larger frog…
    -CLAAAAAANG- was the answer she got for her efforts. An empty, metallic sound. This wasn’t a frog at all! After putting her ear to the skin of the frog, she could hear the whirring of gears and servos. Oh! This was a robot! She’d never killed a robot yet! Cythraul put on her metallic spiked knuckles and got to work. That One Robot From Space never knew what hit it. The magnets inside the knuckles shorted out the circuitry.
    “ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: MEMORY DUMP: UNIT DESIGNATION Void_Slayer: DRIVE FAILURE IMMINTENT: SYSTEM DELETEoooooooooo-“
    The crowd gathered in the arena cheered. They had caught the last hero. Monsieur "The Butler" de Beauf? Everyone knew that was far too fancy a name for a villain. And no self-repecting narcissist/egomaniac/megalomaniac would denigrate himself with such a moniker as “the butler.” Dr. Genteel ran back and forth inside the arena, looking for an exit. The sounds coming up from the gates did not fill him with hope. It seems that every possible combination of malformed, malicious, utterly evil beast was contained in one pen or another. They would not be contained for much longer, though. Of this he was sure.

A piercing whinny cut through the sound of the cheering multitudes. Everyone fell silent, man and beast alike.

You’re all official members
    Of the E – L –E
    You should fondly remember
    How you filled Bad Horse with glee!

One more minor factor
    Before your careers begin
    Which beast will kill the Doctor?
    Put your wagers in!

The gates lifted and the beasts poured out. The Doctor put up the best fight he could, but alone and outnumbered he was not destined to last very long. Two beasts down. A third fell, but a Crab-lemur managed to take a chunk out of Terrendos’ shoulder. He was able to dodge the huge blow from the Cobra-Minotaur, but rolled right into the hands of the Spider-Bear. Venomous fangs sunk deep into the flesh of the neck. The Doctor got shakily to his feet, threw a few feeble punches, collapsed to his knees, and did not rise again. The cheers were deafening.

THE VILLAINS WIN!

Erin The Red on
    I would very much like to get any feedback you guys may have.
    Working on putting spreadsheets up on google docs.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    muHAHAhahahahah.....HA...HA

SPREADSHEETS

Has all the roles and everything in it.

So, thoughts:

NIGHT ONE:
    It’s fun seeing everyone work. I always love the first few days, seeing everyone network with people they’re used to working with, lies start to spread, see how much people actually give out. Mafia sticks the miller on mill since he came out. As luck would have it, he gets seered tonight. The results of this will be interesting to see. SO BUMMED THAT THEY OFFED PENNY. I had all kinds of narration stuff planned for her.

NIGHT TWO:
    Hectic to get everything together last minute, but interesting results. 2nd mafia down, but his power had already seen the extent of its use since mill died that night. Nobody seered him, which would have maybe totally discredited the seer if that was his second choice. Warban has the death ray. He’s getting a lot of heat from the village. That’s bad news if they vote him out. They lose a vig! Beginning to think I should have given the mafia a backup vig in case the first one dies NIGHT ONE. If something bad can happen in a phalla to break the balance, expect it to happen night friggin’ one.

NIGHT THREE:
    So, the vote was tied. Would have been 2 village and a mafia death. And then a mafia was gonna get vigged by kime, and then jdark votes and kills the replacement guard, and then stever drives the vig from a mafia to jdark, killing jdark (the guard.)

NIGHT FOUR:
    Things look bad for the mafia. Only two left. If they can keep well hidden, though, they may be able to pull it out if the village keeps offing themselves this much. It’ll be close. I hope people are having fun still. Activity has dropped a lot. Maybe due to weekend or waning interest. Will see tomorrow, I guess. Warban died, so it’s down to 2 vigs, vote, and mafia kill every night. Down to 12 people. 2 more nights, tops? If things get not-blocked I guess.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    NIGHT THREE:
    So, the vote was tied. Would have been 2 village and a mafia death. And then a mafia was gonna get vigged by kime, and then jdark votes and kills the replacement guard, and then stever drives the vig from a mafia to jdark, killing jdark (the guard.)
    What sort of communication breakdown happened in the network to cause the bus driver to target the guard?

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Well I might have died but my side still won! Also for those wondering, Kaplar was the one I was masoned with.

@Mill
    We did it brother! We did it.

jdarksun wrote: »
    NIGHT THREE:
    What sort of communication breakdown happened in the network to cause the bus driver to target the guard?

Hahaha, to target the guard and switch him with the player I'm killing! Nice :lol:.

I wasn't let into the network until today, even though my credentials were just as good as Cythraul's grumble grumble grumble.

@TheRoadVirus: You narrations were excellent, this was well-designed and well-run, and lots of fun. However, 2+1 vigs for the village (in addition to all the other stuff) seems a mite bit strong. Even with the miller on mill (hehehe).

Steam profile
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    What sucks is I had warban set as our kill target a day earlier and swapped it within like an hour of vote close...

Lesson: Never go against your gut. D:

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
    I can't decide if I'm disappointed I lived or not. I chose my name specifically so that when I died I could joke that "Death Man is dead".

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting! My love of the source material makes me wish I had paid more attention, but I was a vanillager trying to also play phallympics which were grueling. Still had fun reading narrations.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    @kime I'm waiting for one of the hosts, for a game I participate in to just say "screw letting RNG decide Mill's role, I have a miller for this game and Mill is gong to fill that role!"

kime wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    NIGHT THREE:

Hahaha, to target the guard and switch him with the player I'm killing! Nice :lol:.

I wasn't let into the network until today, even though my credentials were just as good as Cythraul's grumble grumble grumble.

@TheRoadVirus: You narrations were excellent, this was well-designed and well-run, and lots of fun. However, 2+1 vigs for the village (in addition to all the other stuff) seems a mite bit strong. Even with the miller on mill (hehehe).

That ended up working out less well than planned. Basically, whichever side killed penny would end up giving the other side an extra vig due to Dr. Horrible or Capt. Hammer getting pissed off. Turns out that penny died night one along with the mafia vig, so that shifted the power a whole lot.

Hahaha that's funny. You can always trust us to devise the worst-case scenario for your phalla design and carry it out :P

Steam profile
    Writing narrations for this game was a lot of fun :)
    I feel like I used some of the stuff I learned from the first one I ran to make this one a bit smoother. Now I can use some learnings from this one to make the next one more fun! Hopefully I didn't do anything grudge-worthy :P

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Rule of phalla: If there is going to be a player who is almost definitely going to be grudged day one in the game...

You bet your ass he's going to get roles like "Mafia vig".

liEt3nH.png