As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

iOS Games: There's a Zombie on your In-App Purchase.

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I couldn't stand pocket planes. It seemed to contain even more waiting and less playing than Tiny Tower.

• RothgarrRothgarr Registered User regular
    I usually rotate a few of those "play and wait" games. My favorite so far is called "Tribez" (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-tribez-hd/id494254145?mt=8)

I know what you mean about Infinity Blade. I got bored with it after a while. That's what I like about Horn is that it adds free roaming and puzzle elements to it...

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I couldn't stand pocket planes. It seemed to contain even more waiting and less playing than Tiny Tower.

I like it simply because it's something to keep yourself occupied when you've just got a short amount of time. Like, elevators are boring! But I can make a few shipments on Pocket Planes and the time flies :P.

It's not something you should sit down for any period of time specifically to play, though.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I haven't been able to get Cashmob to even start on Infinity Blade 2, for about 2 months at least. Anybody else have that issue? It is 100% not working for me right now.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    oh shit

i can tell just by the screenshots that Puzzle Craft will be the death of me

Great, now I just looked it up and can't wait to get home to buy it.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    Puzzle Craft Protip: only roll with animal workers. You'll be rolling in cash.

steam_sig.png
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Puzzle Craft isn't grabbing me. I'm just not seeing the point. There's zero challenge leaving you with FarmVille with tile matching instead of micro transactions. Dungeon Raid had difficulty and high scores to beat. With no time pressure or fail state, this is just push button to win.

Needs raiders appearing every few actions to steal your supplies or something. Anything to incentivise playing more efficiently with something other than needing to play the puzzles less.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Puzzle Craft isn't grabbing me. I'm just not seeing the point. There's zero challenge leaving you with FarmVille with tile matching instead of micro transactions. Dungeon Raid had difficulty and high scores to beat. With no time pressure or fail state, this is just push button to win.

Needs raiders appearing every few actions to steal your supplies or something. Anything to incentivise playing more efficiently with something other than needing to play the puzzles less.

There are leaderboards.
    Both the farm and mines have time limits.
    There is gas that builds up to blow up stuff in the mines, and wolves that eat animals, and rats that eat crops.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    Hey, has anyone else lost their Puzzlecraft save?

Just hit level 16 or so and now every time I launch the game, my city name comes up blank and I get an odd "no string" chat bubble when I load with "continue".

Kinda bummed, I spent the last week collecting pigs and chickens... For what!?

:winky:
    edited August 2012
    Is there a way to turn of notifications in Puzzle Craft? I hate notifications, but I don't see an option to turn the notifications off and I never received a dialog asking to turn them on.

EDIT: Nevermind. :P

Nova_C on
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Is there a way to turn of notifications in Puzzle Craft? I hate notifications, but I don't see an option to turn the notifications off and I never received a dialog asking to turn them on.

EDIT: Nevermind. :P

They never prompt you and funnily enough even if you remove them from the notification centre, they still come through. In addition to removing them from notification centre, I had to also disable every option related to the game individually. Silly developers.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    Looking into it, it seems around level 15 people are losing their saves to the no string big, and no word on if a hot fix/update will actually restore the lost file - so puzzlequesters, stop around level 12 and wait for an update!

:winky:
    Oh man Ravensword 2 is looking so awesome. I can't wait until they release a trailer for it and some sort of indication on when it will be released. I've been itching for some awesome RPG ever since I played through Aralon three times...

• November FifthNovember Fifth Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »

There are leaderboards.
    Both the farm and mines have time limits.
    There is gas that builds up to blow up stuff in the mines, and wolves that eat animals, and rats that eat crops.

Man, those rats really sucked, then the wolves showed up. At least the countermeasures are satisfying.

Too many rats, here kitty, kitty.

Too many wolves, say hello to my leetle friend.

Played through The Heist and 10,000,000 recently as well. The Heist was really good if you like those kinds of puzzles. 10,000,000 seemed a little long, but got me through some long waits.

I want to play around with Code Runner, but there is a Peeping Tom in my neighborhood, and I don't want to end up being the next Trayvon Martin.

• TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Someone mentioned spellsword as being free after they enjoyed it after paying a $1. I must say, it's definitely worth free. Pretty fun little game that combines platformng and puzzles. Controls sometimes don't respond very well, but fun little time killer

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Someone mentioned spellsword as being free after they enjoyed it after paying a $1. I must say, it's definitely worth free. Pretty fun little game that combines platformng and puzzles. Controls sometimes don't respond very well, but fun little time killer

I just dug back through the pages to find this thread just to say thanks to whoever recommended it.
    It is, in fact, a fantastic game (needs to hit XBLA or Steam and it would be even more amazing).

My reaction to it has been more...negative. It is very, very repetitive.

My reaction to it has been more...negative. It is very, very repetitive.

That...I cannot deny.

I feel like with the unlocks it slowly gets more interesting, though.

Very, very slowly. I found it rather entertaining, but only for short spurts at a time.

Steam profile
    kime wrote: »
    Very, very slowly. I found it rather entertaining, but only for short spurts at a time.

Well, I had downloaded it previously and then played it while waiting for/on the ferry boat. So, I played about 20 levels at a time (which is only a couple minutes per).

• SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    Are there any decent city building games for the Iphone? I tried out tiny village but its not all that entertaining.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I don't know about sim city-likes, but check out rebuild

steam_sig.png
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    According to my Appshopper Le Havre just went to 99c. Giving it a whirl at that price.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    I'm bothered, because Horn looks extremely interesting, but... Zynga.

How much are they pushing you to pay them instead of grinding out whatever the requisite grindable in-game thing is?

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Sonelan wrote: »
    Are there any decent city building games for the Iphone? I tried out tiny village but its not all that entertaining.

Sim city is a pretty good port.

• OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Puzzle Craft is solid, but I'm wishing they hid the treadmill a little more effectively than they did. The game itself is fun, and if it wasn't so obvious when my progress was being carefully managed to keep me from ever quite having as many resources as I want it'd be fantastic.

Oh sweet, Vectrex Regeneration, the entire vectrex library, optional overlays, and iCade support. Insta buy for me when it comes out later this year: http://toucharcade.com/2012/08/20/vectrex-regeneration-retro-vector-magic-coming-to-ios/

MhCw7nZ.gif
    It's by the Hunter guys too so at least it will be competent.

I wonder if the time is now right for someone to take another crack at a Talisman game.

steam_sig.png
    Damn you beat me to it.

That's the worst trailer, though. Need more info...

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Al Baron wrote: »

I wonder if the time is now right for someone to take another crack at a Talisman game.

They would have to design a Talisman game first...

admanb wrote: »

The Talisman boardgame does exist.

Capcom was trying to develop a downloadable version back in '07 but it never got off the ground and was ultimately canceled.

steam_sig.png
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular

I am excite.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
    Hey Jam, I noticed your sig has a bunch of Zelda pics in it... I'm curious if you tried Horn and if you agree with people/reviews that say it's a cross between Zelda and Infinity Blade...

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

The Talisman boardgame does exist.

Capcom was trying to develop a downloadable version back in '07 but it never got off the ground and was ultimately canceled.

He was subtley saying that the Talisman game sucks.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
    Rothgarr wrote: »
    Hey Jam, I noticed your sig has a bunch of Zelda pics in it... I'm curious if you tried Horn and if you agree with people/reviews that say it's a cross between Zelda and Infinity Blade...

In have not, and to be fair am unlikely to. I don't tend to do the bigger phone games, looking more for short time fillers. That and I stalled half way through IB2 finding it a bit too similar to IB1.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Fairway Solitaire has several places that mention inviting friends to a Fairway Fever game, but I can't figure out how I would do this. Where is Fairway Fever in the interface? What is it, for that matter?

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Picked up Plague Inc. a few days ago. Pretty fun game overall...but once you unlocked the fungus plague I lost interest.

Can anyone recommend a good JRPG game or even a decent world building game?

camo_sig2.png
    You could look into whatever Final Fantasy's have been released on iOS. They're a bit on the expensive side, though.

Steam profile
    JonBob wrote: »
    Fairway Solitaire has several places that mention inviting friends to a Fairway Fever game, but I can't figure out how I would do this. Where is Fairway Fever in the interface? What is it, for that matter?

If you find out do report back! I was wondering myself.

MhCw7nZ.gif
This discussion has been closed.