As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[beauty, fashion, skincare] Sephora Friends and Family sale POSSIBLY in October??

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    also i can't fucking find shoes here, at all

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    been meaning to finally get some watches for different occasions and whatnot. the trouble is trying to find a way around getting leather that doesn't look stupid

i just purchased this to start

10610606-origpic-5ba5fd.jpg_0_0_100_100_390_585_85.jpg

http://herrjudit.se/en/cathegories/accessories/watches/nahbob.html

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    That's a mighty nice looking watch there. To me it looks it's got this 1970s/80s military vibe which is rad.

What kind of leather band are you looking for/what kind of occasion is the leather banded watch for? I'm a fan of a standard steel band. I've got a Tissot diving watch that doubles as my regular watch and a Logines as my fancy suit watch, both of which have steel bands

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    I've been wearing this guy quite a bit now. It's odd wearing a watch after not wearing one for so long.

watch.jpg

Where do you guys like to get your casual business shirts? I tend to wear mine with the sleeves rolled up at work, but I could use stuff a bit higher quality than Express/BR. They always end up being way too short when I wash them once or twice. I like the quality/cut of Jcrew shirts but their collars are flimsy as all get out.

I know I'll probably have to go to a tailor if I really want a proper fit on any shirt as a tall guy with a small waist, but maybe a good starting point?

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I need to get new clothes cause i'm not fat anymore but i still wanna be less fat and argh my head is going to explode

Welcome to one of the most annoying things about losing weight.

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    might have actually been the salt water helpin the legs
    Futore wrote: »
    been meaning to finally get some watches for different occasions and whatnot. the trouble is trying to find a way around getting leather that doesn't look stupid

i just purchased this to start

10610606-origpic-5ba5fd.jpg_0_0_100_100_390_585_85.jpg

http://herrjudit.se/en/cathegories/accessories/watches/nahbob.html

@Stareosarus got me a very similar looking Timex from J. Crew for Christmas last year. I wear it all the time. Probably not the most formal watch, but I like it.

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    no no, i'm trying to avoid leather, @Tef

and yeah, SH, I know just the Timex you're talking about. It's so simple and classic.

Even though it's not really my style, i love and want the classic Braun Analog

dOv10.png

http://www.braun-clocks.com/watches/ the classic line is so dang clean and gorgeous

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Oh righto I get what you're saying now. This is my tissot I was talking about:
    oBZ4p.jpg

I'm a big fan of steel bands though

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I put on my sailor hat and instantly become the most popular guy on campus

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Sent them a convo half an hour ago. Reading their feedback someone else had a similar problem and they refused to cover the return shipping and they ended up refuting it with paypal. arrggh

http://www.etsy.com/shop/nottoc/policy?ref=shopinfo_policies_leftnav

ugh that blows

I mean it makes sense if they sent you the right thing and you weren't happy with it

but if they made the error and you have to send it back, they should be covering shipping

their error, their cost

unless they are happy to just send you the bag you originally wanted without you returning the "wrong" one

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I put on my sailor hat and instantly become the most popular guy on campus

Semen joke

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    Ooh, nice watch! I wish I could wear a watch (well, without it resulting in an untimely (ha) demise for the poor thing).

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    unless they're at a wedding, a parade, or the highland games, no.

Everybody says this, but man, the guy who used to come in to our store in Chicago wearing a kilt? He caused quite the furor. Hot guys in kilts are okay with me any time.

(Seriously though utilikilts are awful but I'm all for men wearing skirts of other varieties whenever they want.)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Where do you guys like to get your casual business shirts? I tend to wear mine with the sleeves rolled up at work, but I could use stuff a bit higher quality than Express/BR. They always end up being way too short when I wash them once or twice. I like the quality/cut of Jcrew shirts but their collars are flimsy as all get out.

I know I'll probably have to go to a tailor if I really want a proper fit on any shirt as a tall guy with a small waist, but maybe a good starting point?

I like Lands End

Their shirts are able to withstand estimating (IE crawling around under cars, working in dirty tow yards, etc) but still look nice enough that I don't feel like a bum when I inspect a car at someones house.

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    Aphostile wrote: »

I like Lands End

Their shirts are able to withstand estimating (IE crawling around under cars, working in dirty tow yards, etc) but still look nice enough that I don't feel like a bum when I inspect a car at someones house.

I was typically a express guy when it came to dress shirts, but I have been slowly replacing them with shirts from ralph lauren. I get a discount there and their slim cut fits me better than express does. The overall quality of the shirts are much better too.

Ironing 1MX shirts is a frikin serious pain in the ass.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    We talking about watches? I got @Godmode this for his birthday

f37Se.jpg?1

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    205580d1249240819-wtt-your-seamaster-my-affordables-lots-jbondseamasterco-axial.jpg

full stop

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    stale these are hundred dollar shirts

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    We talking about watches? I got @Godmode this for his birthday

f37Se.jpg?1

To say it's spectacular is an understatement.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i mean i know you're well aware but feel my shock through the internet

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    these are 250 dollar shirts stale

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    indeed, and they are worth every penny

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.cottonwork.com/ is also good for online custom shirting

and yes swordfights anything made to measure is going to be expensive!

• Options
    41pCbS2PwoL.jpg

my watch

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    stale these are hundred dollar shirts

Yours only came to 100?

Damn

I was at like 160

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    And that was just with cotton broadcloth

Man

I haven't had a good silk shirt in years

• Options
    I just buy a shitload of ripoff ralph laurent shirts in Thailand/Hong Kong and wear them until the start going to shit

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular

Anybody know of a site like such that does ladies shirts? Because dammit if I'm going to have to get things altered I might as well have them made to measure in the first place

• Options
    Cottonwork does lady shirts I believe

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Cottonwork does lady shirts I believe

Oh hey it does, thanks!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I have ones that go for 375

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Fucking watches

7gu4Ml.jpg

My current watch. 8 years old and still keeping stellar time.

My next watch? Likely one of these two:

ezv7Xl.jpg

v4vLdl.jpg

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I have ones that go for 375
    It doesn't count if you've stolen them

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    edited August 2012

I think I might give one or two of these a shot after I get proper measurements

edit:

mmmmm, I like this one.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    so hey, who lives in NYC and wants to be my uniqlo proxy on august 31st?

because i'm pretty sure that if i don't have this in my life

162974080236286468_W511xN3f_f.jpg

i'm going to literally die

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    kilts will always look goofy to me, regardless of the situation or the person wearing it

• Options
    @interrobang oh my fucking god that jacket

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    @interrobang oh my fucking god that jacket

right?

i just

i need it in a medium

need

• Options
    so hey, who lives in NYC and wants to be my uniqlo proxy on august 31st?

because i'm pretty sure that if i don't have this in my life

162974080236286468_W511xN3f_f.jpg

i'm going to literally die

you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.