As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along [Phalla] (Mini) -- VILLAINS REIGN VICTORIOUS

1111213141517»

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Also TRV thanks for hosting.

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    I do have to say, I got quite a giggle out of Mill the Miller. :lol:

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Yeah, thanks for running. First village victory. Yeehaw.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Rule of phalla: If there is going to be a player who is almost definitely going to be grudged day one in the game...

You bet your ass he's going to get roles like "Mafia vig".

You almost lived ;-)

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Mafia board?

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    From the proboard
    Kilnaga wrote:
    Kime is trouble.

<3<3

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Kime, you are always trouble. I was just restating facts. :P

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    We won!
    That was quick.
    Thanks for running, TRV.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    So... Who thought I was the S/K?

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    warban wrote: »

I told you you would get yours pony. I just wish justice had been dealt to you sooner. :(

- Terence McKenna
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting!

My thoughts: Holy shit! I cannot believe Mill was the first one to be seered. I was considering saving that for day 2 since it was a 1/game power (imagine if I would have placed it on Cyth... though I'm not sure anyone would have seered him after day one narration.)

I was wondering why our roleblock wasn't working. Two vigs suddenly makes sense for that.

Good game!

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Kilnaga wrote: »

I told you you would get yours pony. I just wish justice had been dealt to you sooner. :(

Reading the Mafia Proboards....

Did no one on the mafia really not pick up on the fact that:

A. Before game began I announced I was Evil Abed.
    B. The narration had evil Abed running around with the Death Lazer with timeline this and timeline that.

I was worried about that. I felt it was a mistake revealing my character so early on. opps. I'm really surprised the Mafia never discussed it.

Also. I would of given the Mafia/heroes more kills each night. You generally want to give them at least 2 kills no matter what.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    We did have 2 kills. INANTP was our vig. He just sort of died Day 1. :(

- Terence McKenna
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Well, I was intending to compose a song to the theme of "Everyone's a Hero" for my death speech, but here's the one I composed to the tune of the "Bad Horse Letter" tune:

Genteel
    Genteel
    Genteel
    Genteel

I stroll across the nation
    The gentlest of men
    I stand at noble station
    I sign my name in pen

Stand for no degradation
    I've got a manly chin
    If you ever try to steal
    I'll catch you and ask you to squeal

Genteel
    Genteel
    Genteel
    I'm swell!

The Society of Justice
    Is watching, so beware
    The punishments we give
    Evil doesn't have a prayer!

Surrender now to Genteel
    Don't dare to play unfair...

Just kill me now,
    I'll never kneel
    It's au revoir, mates!
    Signed Genteel

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Argh, y'know how frustrating it is to be an S/K that dies night one!? You're welcome for the extra kill village

Also, TRV will back me up that I made the "Kill Naga" joke way earlier than all y'all.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    @Matev

I assume trying to kill me Day 1 was payback for the EVO phalla? :P

- Terence McKenna
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    GG everyone!

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    @Matev

I assume trying to kill me Day 1 was payback for the EVO phalla? :P

Not in particular, didn't even know you killed me there, you just seemed like a good target. :rotate:

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Well that worked out poorly, I still can not believe how many mafia members voted on egos...

Anyway I did not do much useful, did you seer me for my inactivity or just vig me directly?

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    Well that worked out poorly, I still can not believe how many mafia members voted on egos...

Anyway I did not do much useful, did you seer me for my inactivity or just vig me directly?

they just couldn't bring themselves to vote for jdarksun because of jdarkson. they were weak :D

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Yeah when we were clearly disadvantaged 2 kills and lost our thrall and miller combo so quickly I honestly did not hold out much hope.

It was a strong mafia set up but poorly execution combined with poor luck.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    Here are the village boards

I was the seer. Not gonna lie, the mill the miller really got me good and made me paranoid the rest of the game. It didn't help that the name I got was Captain Oh Shit, and then he mentioned late in the 2nd day, making me think it was some other mechanic.

VS, we vigged you direct the last day. I also couldn't believe just how many of you we got from day 1.

TRV, good game and thanks for hosting!

PSN: the-K-flash
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Hey look at that! Good game, and thanks TRV for hosting!

I was paranoid from 2 things:
    1) Mill the miller. That whole thing kept me from inviting Kaplar to the network boards but keeping the specials off of him. Had me doubting pretty much everything for the first couple days :|
    2) I seriously thought we had too many kills and thought either warban was a SK or kime was a thrallvig (I mean, if anyone's gonna get the role again, who else? lol) Had kime seered because of it, but he also killed a hero that night so it ended up being unnecessary. I know his kill landed on Retaba day 1 with mine, but with the powers I was seeing/imagining I just had to be sure :P

I guess I gave stever his orders too late the day he busdrove kime's kill into stever. I guess that would be #3 in the paranoia I had. Thought we were boned for sure after that, but things kept going well.

Anyway off to work, or I'd keep typing! Thanks again TRV. I'm never day 1 revealing again, I hate nethead.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for running TRV, loved the narration! Hopefully next day I will remember to install the batteries properly.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Thanks for running TRV, loved the narration! Hopefully next day I will remember to install the batteries properly.
    Detonators are tricky, man. Just remember: flat part goes towards the springs :p

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Kime or Megafrost even. They're both kinda weirding me out lol.

Aww, you didn't trust me?
    I don't care if Mega gets voted out anymore.

This makes me feel better about my decision to publicly reveal.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    It's always fun being the man behind the curtain sort of thing. I enjoy seeing how you guys communicate with each other, and I always plan on taking notes to use for future reference in phallas (ok this person behaves in such a way when they're being a dirty dirty liar), etc.

/lazy, though

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting this one TRV, narrations were quite enjoyable, other than that I derped by as a lazy vanillager-sounds like things were more interesting on the network side

PSN SeGaTai
    Now my 10 PM hour is open again! Time to play games with people on steam! Yessss

Reading the Mafia Proboards....

Did no one on the mafia really not pick up on the fact that:

A. Before game began I announced I was Evil Abed.
    B. The narration had evil Abed running around with the Death Lazer with timeline this and timeline that.

I was worried about that. I felt it was a mistake revealing my character so early on. opps. I'm really surprised the Mafia never discussed it.

Also. I would of given the Mafia/heroes more kills each night. You generally want to give them at least 2 kills no matter what.

I didn't really look into the SK thing too much. After we piled on egos in a failed attempt to save our vig it kinda made sense to keep an extra kill around. Granted that kill had a chance of hitting us, but still. It helped thin down the ranks of the village too.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Megafrost wrote: »
    Kime or Megafrost even. They're both kinda weirding me out lol.

Aww, you didn't trust me?
    I don't care if Mega gets voted out anymore.

This makes me feel better about my decision to publicly reveal.

I didn't trust you because it seemed like I had too many specials at my disposal. Also I was getting roleblocked and had no way of confirming the roleblocks you were putting out were -doing- anything. :P

I'm glad you publicly revealed though. In the back of my mind it eased my worries for some reason, like "a mafia roleblock -totally- wouldn't have done that".

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph

Yeah....mafia hitmen in general are not that great an idea.

edited August 2012
    From the village proboards
    Cythraul posted:
    "Stew claimed to be a mason and I thought it very odd there would be 2 mason groups, and he insisted he wouldn't reveal his mason until he got seered. So I killed him."

Haha

Kaplar on
    Kaplar wrote: »
    From the village proboards
    Cythraul posted:
    "Stew claimed to be a mason and I thought it very odd there would be 2 mason groups, and he insisted he wouldn't reveal his mason until he got seered. So I killed him."

Haha

I figured we were going to role block him. In fact, for most of the day we had an order to do so. Though it got swapped for some reason. Not sure why.

I didn't trust Cyth for some reason. I should have, but I just didn't.

I kept thinking that because he was the only one who knew about Mill and I being masoned, he was just keeping me alive because he knew I was powerless and that he was just going to have me killed off once they got rid of the specials.

So I was pushing to get into the network just to see some evidence to the fact that he was networked at all and had indeed been in contact with the other village specials.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Yay, we won-ish!

I'm the worst at getting people to not kill me

Kaplar wrote: »
    I didn't trust Cyth for some reason. I should have, but I just didn't.

I kept thinking that because he was the only one who knew about Mill and I being masoned, he was just keeping me alive because he knew I was powerless and that he was just going to have me killed off once they got rid of the specials.

So I was pushing to get into the network just to see some evidence to the fact that he was networked at all and had indeed been in contact with the other village specials.

The best resolution I was hoping for out of that was for Mill to be seered as evil; then hoped that cyth would assume I had been one of the good masons. It did blow up in my face, but we had it rough from night one, so I thought it would be a worthwhile gamble.