As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] 2012 Assassins Ball! (Ordering open until the 31st) [108!]

• ottergalottergal Registered User regular
    Hey Mars, what's the best way to reach you? I totally need girl branding but haven't gotten my badge yet. Whoop for us geek girls!

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Double whoop for the geek girls ! Branding on mine please! Thank you :)

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    ottergal wrote: »
    Hey Mars, what's the best way to reach you? I totally need girl branding but haven't gotten my badge yet. Whoop for us geek girls!

PMing me on here is fine. If you already ordered and haven't received your kit yet just give me your order number and I'll reprint one from it branded and let you know which one. If you haven't ordered yet, just make sure to check the branding box on the order form and I'll get in touch before I print your badge.

Double whoop for the geek girls ! Branding on mine please! Thank you :)

Can do! :D

• lordkenobilordkenobi Registered User regular
    Where is the button meet up ? I would like to get a robot ninja button or one of each if i could

I may not have the keys to success but i can pick the lock.
    edited August 2012
    lordkenobi wrote: »
    Where is the button meet up ? I would like to get a robot ninja button or one of each if i could

It will be wherever/whenever the button traders are meeting up. The Sunday meeting is set for after the Omegathon outside of the convention center but they are still working out the Saturday meeting, though it will be in the morning from what I understand. I'll post here once they finalize things. In addition to that I will be trying to tweet regularly if I stop anywhere for a period of time which I usually do to play tabletop.

As for getting one of each I'll go ahead and say that every player I meet will be getting their faction button but I won't be handing out all six to people (Sparkly Ponies can pick between the two options). That's not to say that there won't be ways to get more than that but you'll have to work for it. And no, I'm not talking about trading with other people. ;)

I've updated the OP with the available branding options, I will probably add one or two more as time allows. The goal is to have all community groups covered at some point though it's very unlikely that will happen for this PAX. Here's the current branding for badges:

AssassinsBallBadgeBranding.png

Note I updated some of the templates for this recently, so it's possible your badge may look a little different. This just means your badge is even more special! Also I opted not to put text on the Enforcer badges cause the E speaks for itself.

MarsChelios on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    I love our design, thank you!!!!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • SuzamaSuzama Registered User regular
    I love the branding for the girls meetup! Could you please brand my badge has well? I've PMed you my info. Thank you!

• kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    We are GIRLS MEETUP. We will assassinate you while you're too busy staring at our boobs reading our shirts.

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
    edited August 2012
    I love our design, thank you!!!!

Thanks but I just copied the awesome work Djiem did for the girls meetup button.

Suzama wrote: »
    I love the branding for the girls meetup! Could you please brand my badge has well? I've PMed you my info. Thank you!
    kemikal wrote: »
    We are GIRLS MEETUP. We will assassinate you while you're too busy staring at our boobs reading our shirts.

Haha, you ladies are all set! Thanks for playing!

MarsChelios on
  • RichSoCashRichSoCash Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I have some awesome loot if a Sparkly Pony assassinates me, they just have to tell me which is their favorite pony

edited August 2012
    So I've finally finished the Sparkly Ponies girl button and I need someone living in Seattle to ship them to so they will arrive in time for PAX! Anyone willing to do that send me a PM with their address. Thanks!

MarsChelios on
  • JeppyJeppy Maple Valley WARegistered User regular
    PM sent

Jeppy wrote: »
    PM sent

Awesome, thanks! :D

Hey Mars, I hit you with more information on my badge for the girls branding... I *think* I did it right but let me know if you didn't get it, please. :)

Hey Mars, I hit you with more information on my badge for the girls branding... I *think* I did it right but let me know if you didn't get it, please. :)

Yep! You're all set. :)

Hooray, thanks!! Pushing to get the guys from work to sign up... procrastinators.

Hooray, thanks!! Pushing to get the guys from work to sign up... procrastinators.

Thanks! Tell them there's plenty of time! I will have my square reader this time around so reception willing I will be able to take credit cards for anyone needing to pick up an extra kit.

Working on the contact email tonight so expect it at the least when you wake up tomorrow. It will detail how you can contact me by phone if you need to pick up a kit or if you run into an issue with your kit or during the game. I'll also list the events where I'll be for giving out buttons and will mirror that info in the OP once it's collated. If you haven't already follow me on Twitter: @PAXAssassins, I'll be tweeting my location if I stop anywhere as well as some other fun things I have planned.

If you want to communicate with me on Twitter, follow my personal account: @MarsChelios and I'll follow you back.

• the1ponythe1pony Registered User regular
    I'm totally new to PAX, just found out I'm going- this sounds like something fun to get in on. I'd want to be a sparkly pony. :)

edited August 2012
    the1pony wrote: »
    I'm totally new to PAX, just found out I'm going- this sounds like something fun to get in on. I'd want to be a sparkly pony. :)

Welcome Home! I can make that happen, let me know if you have any questions! :)

MarsChelios on

Thanks! I just ordered my kit- so I'll just need to figure out when/where to find you when we get there. :)

Thanks! I just ordered my kit- so I'll just need to figure out when/where to find you when we get there. :)

Awesome! I just sent you an email with that info and a plethora of other things useful to know. If you don't get it PM me a good email to use. :)

So I just saw the email you sent out about this, and the instructions for picking up kits at PAX. How late are you going to be at Pre-PAX Gaming? I won't be arriving in Seattle until 10PM on Thursday.

Also, I don't think I ever saw the Sparkly Ponies girls pin posted here? ;)

• SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Well, I ordered. I hope I did it right!

[Edit] Apparently I didn't. Boourns. I will fix soon.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
    So I just saw the email you sent out about this, and the instructions for picking up kits at PAX. How late are you going to be at Pre-PAX Gaming? I won't be arriving in Seattle until 10PM on Thursday.

I imagine I'll be there at least until midnight and likely afterwards.
    Also, I don't think I ever saw the Sparkly Ponies girls pin posted here? ;)

You did not. For no reason whatsoever I declared that button a surprise. :)

For no reason whatsoever I declared that button a surprise. :)

You did that just to mess with ME. I know it. :p

For no reason whatsoever I declared that button a surprise. :)

You did that just to mess with ME. I know it. :p

Haha, you and everyone else! :D

So I've got a lot of orders over the last few days and with that and the way the printing worked out I no longer have anymore spare Robot Ninja kits. There are plenty of the other factions, though Varsity Dead and Cowboy Verse will be the next ones to run out but I just wanted to let everyone know Robot Ninjas is sold out.

• SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    Well snap. Better make sure I fix my payment info right now then.

Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • DanTanDanTan Chicago!Registered User regular
    just signed up with my friend for this. Should I wait for an e-mail or just go to the game area to pick it up?

DanTan wrote: »
    just signed up with my friend for this. Should I wait for an e-mail or just go to the game area to pick it up?

Email sent! I'll be at the Pre-PAX Board Game night tonight so contact me to get your kits. If not then just hit me up whenever is convenient.

• edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Mars, what do you look like. I'm trolling the Shar looking for you.

6YJGH2V.png
  • primalwulfprimalwulf Registered User regular
    Hey Mars, can you update us on number of assassins enrolled at present?

I'm BEYOND looking forward to this, and hoping I can survive 'til at least Saturday afternoon. Gods help me if I forget a rule or two in the process, but just more emphasis to memorize them HARDCORE.

Also, Mars, will you be tweeting clues on how to obtain the additional pins? Typically I wouldn't care, however given that it's _assassins_, it would be peachy to be able to obtain a 'badge'/pin to represent that I've actually assassinated someone from another faction (with a Highest Points kill). Also, I have a Twitter account but never use it, so I'm asking ahead of time so that I can make some small attempt at actually _using_ that account.

Thanks!

primalwulf wrote: »

I'm BEYOND looking forward to this, and hoping I can survive 'til at least Saturday afternoon. Gods help me if I forget a rule or two in the process, but just more emphasis to memorize them HARDCORE.

Also, Mars, will you be tweeting clues on how to obtain the additional pins? Typically I wouldn't care, however given that it's _assassins_, it would be peachy to be able to obtain a 'badge'/pin to represent that I've actually assassinated someone from another faction (with a Highest Points kill). Also, I have a Twitter account but never use it, so I'm asking ahead of time so that I can make some small attempt at actually _using_ that account.

Thanks!

He has already been tweeting clues on obtaining other factions' pins. ;)

Thanks!

Right now, there's over 115 people who've ordered kits, though not everyone has picked them up.

There are ways to get more buttons, some I'll tweet about and I started that today, others you'll have to find on your own. :)

Oh drat. Forgot to ask for a cowboys button! Oh well, maybe at a meet up.

Where exactly do we log kills?

I went to http://www.phenixone.com/games/assassins/register-kill and it sends me to a WordPress, which I had to create a log-in for, but that doesn't direct me to a place to register kills? Can you walk me through this?

Thanks!

And ugh . . .five hours later and I can't find more than three assassins and none of them match the Mission Shape. . .ugh.

I picked up my kit, put my badge on my arm, rode up the escalator, and got killed.

So much for that. :?

Definitely!

Where exactly do we log kills?

I went to http://www.phenixone.com/games/assassins/register-kill and it sends me to a WordPress, which I had to create a log-in for, but that doesn't direct me to a place to register kills? Can you walk me through this?

Thanks!

The sites built on Wordpress and in order to track your progress you need an account, so the register-kit and register-kill pages require logins.

Review the rules Badge Registration section of the rules for a walk through of the whole registration process here.
    And ugh . . .five hours later and I can't find more than three assassins and none of them match the Mission Shape. . .ugh.

Be glad for that. I've heard numerous stories of lightening quick assassinations this year, including myself. They're out there but it is a lot people so don't expect your experience to be the same.
    I picked up my kit, put my badge on my arm, rode up the escalator, and got killed.

So much for that. :?

You can still play just not assassinate players. Write down the 5-letter badge code on each badge you see and register than for 10-points apiece on the site.

Mark me down as one of the "spotted a few of us but didn't have the right badge shape". Also, unfortunately, I couldn't get a good enough look at the time to recon. But, I have some friends hanging with me who say now that they see the game they may be in next year... so that's cool! It certainly brings a new dimension to PAX in general!

This discussion has been closed.