As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Prime] The Fifth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament [Full!]

• MrDoctorProfessorMrDoctorProfessor Registered User regular
    I didnt see it anywhere in the thread already, but is there a list of the bars we will be a-hopping?

noAZAb5.png?1
    Hey Satan!
    Steam
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I didnt see it anywhere in the thread already, but is there a list of the bars we will be a-hopping?

There will be. As of now, it is not yet ready.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Oooh, got another box of goodies in for Slytherin DE's. :D

wWuzwvJ.png
  • RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Oooh, got another box of goodies in for Slytherin DE's. :D

You should see if you can get the slyther of in DE twitter thing on the main page so i can find it

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
    edited August 2012
    @Ravenger - The Slytherin Death Eater Twitter is @SlytherinDE and the Facebook event page is http://www.facebook.com/events/484070031623113/

I'll have to ask Atlus about getting that into the OP due to no other house having their info there.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    @Ravenger - The Slytherin Death Eater Twitter is @SlytherinDE and the Facebook event page is http://www.facebook.com/events/484070031623113/

I'll have to ask Atlus about getting that into the OP due to no other house having their info there.

Maybe it would be good to get all the houses info up there :)

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    @TOGSolid and other Heads: Please put the info you want for your group in the Head group message so I don't miss it. I'll add it as soon as I can. Thanks!

Everyone Else: I wanted to let you all know that I had to disable the waitlist. It wasn't working as intended and allowing people to register for groups that were closed. This means that any cancelled registrations will be filled by whomever catches it first. I do apologize for this inconvenience but the waitlist function was not working as intended and I see no possible fix for it.

@Atlus Parker
    That works too! Thanks!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, our House Song poll is posted on our Facebook page. Head over and cast your vote!

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    What exactly is required of the "House girl"?

East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
  • Norm99Norm99 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Stay sober, herd cats

Norm99 on
  • EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    Norm99 wrote: »
    Stay sober, herd cats

Nope, that's the House Elf position.

Heads are there to mark score cards, while also participating in events. Ask TOGSolid if he's gonna be stay sober...
    They tend to herd more toward the beginning of the night, then the Elf kinda takes over making sure the group gets to where it's supposed to be.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    Enigmas wrote: »
    Ask TOGSolid if he's gonna be stay sober...
    Should start drunk already if he's doing it right.

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Enigmas wrote: »
    Ask TOGSolid if he's gonna be stay sober....

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *gasp* HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.... (wipes tears from eyes)

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Norm99Norm99 Registered User regular
    I never learned to read or write....

Also i generally refer to women as elves, it's just something i do?

They can also get invloved in running the auctions, helping pair people infront of bars, and basically helping to make sure everything runs smoothly.

• Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Sageheart wrote: »
    Attention Ravenclaw Death Eaters (aka the cool Ravenclaws).

the "cool" ravenclaws...? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAno.

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
    edited August 2012
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters! Be sure to check out the AWESOME design for this year's team shirt! Just like last year we're only having a limited # made and they'll be put up for auction to support Child's Play. So if you want one be prepared for a bidding war!
    GOPpK.jpg

Sageheart on
  • JediknightkarlJediknightkarl Registered User regular
    So, in regards to the "tabbedout" app... Unicorn, Auto Battery, and Grim's support it.

damn...bit my tongue....i hate that.
    edited August 2012

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • WestrunnerWestrunner Steam's Dirty Little Whore Mojave Desert, NVRegistered User regular
    Although not nearly as amazing as that Ravenclaw shirt, I did find this rather snazzy Gryffindor design on Redbubble. http://www.redbubble.com/people/meteormuse/works/6318811-gryffindor-pride

TWDT12: Gryffindor - OotP TWDT14: Gryffindor - OotP
  • LuckySeanLuckySean Registered User regular
    I accidentally started training this weekend by crashing a bachelor party. Gryffindor DE is going to have some fun!

• SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    Norm99 wrote: »
    Stay sober, herd cats

If that was the case, I'd have been doing it wrong all these years and I am SO not sorry.

Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Dare I say this is the Hufflepuff theme song this time around?

adester on
  • Crispy262Crispy262 HuffleDRUNK @Hogwarts Castle BasementRegistered User regular
    adester wrote: »
    Dare I say this is the Hufflepuff theme song this time around?
    I added it to the Hufflepuff group pages on FB and G+.

vqyaoonar0oe.png
    Retired [E]
    HUFFLEPUFF 2011-18
    https://facebook.com/groups/HufflepuffTWDT/

• AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    I volunteer to be the House girl for Gryffindor DE :)

East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
  • AKReignAKReign Registered User regular
    This may be appearing on a thing or two for auctioning...
    7834156382_fa9d5605cf_n.jpg

~Lurking through PAX since 2008~ [E]
    - Slytherin OotP: HoH - Twitter -Slytherin OotP
    Well the Ravenclaw DE House Song votes are in. Looks like we'll be singing it Gangam Style.

• olanmillsolanmills Registered User regular
    I just managed to get an OotP Hufflepuff ticket. Does that mean I'm in?

VmUq7mz.png
  • adesteradester Registered User regular
    Crispy262 wrote: »
    I added it to the Hufflepuff group pages on FB and G+.

Where is the G+ link and I think I asked for access to the FB.

Sageheart.. Ravenclaw in glorious fashion trying to take some Hufflepuff thunder.. :D

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    olanmills wrote: »
    If you have received an EMail confirmation from Eventbrite or already printed out the confirmation, then yes you have.
    Edit to Add: I see your name on the "Who is going to this event" list on the main ticketing screen. So, yes. You are definitely OotP Poofyhuff I mean Pufflehuff oh, that badger one.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Hey, Slytherin (both sides!) These will be available for a very small donation of $3 (or more if you wish)
    Wristbands.jpg
    LIMITED QUANTITY OF 20 FOR EACH SECTOR

(( Sorry for the double-post! ))

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    adester wrote: »
    Sageheart.. Ravenclaw in glorious fashion trying to take some Hufflepuff thunder.. :D

Hufflepuff, in glorious fashion waiting until the last minute and then claiming their thunder was "stolen" when they find out someone already had their idea. We've had this song up for consideration some time, we just needed the group vote to make it official. And there's no rule that two groups can't use the same song, you'll just have to use it in the bitter knowledge that us Ravenclaws are out there doing it better.

And also: we're Death Eaters, if all we take from you is your thunder then you've come out ahead. :-P

• vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    I have a couple of questions: I show up on the "Who is going to this event" list, but I don't have any sort of e-mail confirmation. I scoured my inbox and my trash folder and can't find it. Will it be sent out later or should I request a resend?

The other question is when is the auction and will it be some big thing in front of all the attendees? I keep hearing about it and I would love to help out Child's Play, but I can't a single source about it. I have some neato things that I can make for the auction, but they're not something that can be auctioned for $5-$10. More like $20+. I don't know what kind of gold people attending would have.

Just a little over a week away! I'm so excited to meet you all!

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    The auctions are different for every house and faction.

The typical way it goes down is the head girl/boy of each group gathers everyone round after one of the stops and will auction things off a few items at a time before heading to the next bar. And typically as the night goes on our witches and wizards get more pliable.

For instance, last year I spent nearly $100 picking up a limited edition print of a forumer's Syltherin logo design that featured some, we shall say, phallic symbolism. Oh, who am I kidding, it was a cock and balls, complete with short and curlies.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    For instance, last year I spent nearly $100 picking up a limited edition print of a forumer's Syltherin logo design that featured some, we shall say, phallic symbolism. Oh, who am I kidding, it was a cock and balls, complete with short and curlies.

Hahaha!

Okay, thanks for that. I'll bring stuff to contribute to the auction.

vgc wrote: »
    I have a couple of questions: I show up on the "Who is going to this event" list, but I don't have any sort of e-mail confirmation. I scoured my inbox and my trash folder and can't find it. Will it be sent out later or should I request a resend?

Any and all questions regarding registration can be sent through Eventbrite or you can PM with the relevant details (Email, mostly).

olanmills wrote: »

Yes it does. I had to forego the waitlist as it wasn't registering people properly. If a ticket goes back into the pool it is immediately available for whomever gets to it first. It's not ideal but it's better than the waitlist allowing people to sign up for groups that were closed.

Now that we're only 8 days away the big event you will notice the OP being populated with more information. Notably, information regarding the challenges and what they entail as well as what's in store for those going after this year's bonus button. If you have any questions regarding the challenges do ask now.

As far as the bar routes are concerned, we are still waiting to hear back from a couple bars to really hammer out the full route. For simplicity's sake, we will be starting each house at the same bar as last year. That list is as follows and covers both OotP and DE:

Gryffindor: Barca
    Slytherin: Grim's
    Ravenclaw: Unicorn
    Hufflepuff: Auto Battery

Expect a full list by tomorrow night.

For registration, did people get their confirmation bar code as soon as they registered? If this was supposed to be sent when you registered and you have not received it, either PM me here or email me through Eventbrite.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Yay at not having to do five rounds in a single sitting like I initially feared!

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Yay at not having to do five rounds in a single sitting like I initially feared!

Yeah, that fisrt challenge last year was... intimidating. We did it, but.. wow. Just... wow.

26904.png
This discussion has been closed.