As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dog VS Baby [CHAT]

1888990919294»

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    p218_BreadandWater.jpg

Ce n'est pas un pain.

C'est l'image d'un pain?

Si.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Passerbye, do you play Minecraft single player or multiplayer or what?

Do you use a public server or do you have a private server?

I've played both. Right now we don't have a server, usually Boy and I just LAN it up.

Is there a particular server [chat] uses anymore?

Oh, I dunno about chat. I've just been playing on a server my friend runs. I've been thinking about hosting a private server somewhere though.

Sounds like good times. Always up for playing with other folks.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I kind of want to play GW2. But school starts in 2 and a half weeks. I just got into the MWO beta. And money is still kind of tight. But it would be a nice 60 dollar gift. But means my warham stuff goes on hold till the end of the month at least.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    yes

the build i settled on was a maximum cc + distortion build

30 seconds of continual trolling 1v1

distortion when you use signets + 3 signets
    50% chance to stun on daze, fire daze from your dual sword block
    2 secs of distortion from blurred frenzy
    3 secs from distortion shatter
    stealth at 25%
    etc etc etc

obF2Wuw.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

I've played both. Right now we don't have a server, usually Boy and I just LAN it up.

Oh, I dunno about chat. I've just been playing on a server my friend runs. I've been thinking about hosting a private server somewhere though.

Made anything neat?

I made a lighthouse with a rotating light.

My friends have made ridiculous amounts of awesome stuff... but they play a lot more than I do.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    "It's a way to get closer to your customers, to make sure you have a revenue. On PC it's only around five to seven per cent of the players who pay for F2P, but normally on PC it's only about five to seven per cent who pay anyway, the rest is pirated. It's around a 93-95 per cent piracy rate, so it ends up at about the same percentage. The revenue we get from the people who play is more long term, so we can continue to bring content."

Now I'm deeply curious as to where Yves Guillemot got those numbers because I assumed his head was too far up his own ass to allow for numbers to be pulled out of it.

I wouldn't be surprised if 95% of people interested in Ubisoft's games decided to bypass their DRM through piracy.

Not sure if the sample size is large enough to make a definitive conclusion, however.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Hmn.

Work.

Or Minecraft.

Or clothes shopping.

Ugh, clothes shopping.

Work blows. Use a bedsheet for a toga instead of shopping for clothes. play minecraft, in toga. Build the forum romanum.

The thing is, I generally dislike clothes shopping (always too much pestering), but I like new clothes and I have money for them. And I'd like to get a new outfit for the PAX dinner. It's a conundrum.

you know how you spray cats with water?

that works for salesmen too

ftOqU21.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    "It's a way to get closer to your customers, to make sure you have a revenue. On PC it's only around five to seven per cent of the players who pay for F2P, but normally on PC it's only about five to seven per cent who pay anyway, the rest is pirated. It's around a 93-95 per cent piracy rate, so it ends up at about the same percentage. The revenue we get from the people who play is more long term, so we can continue to bring content."

Now I'm deeply curious as to where Yves Guillemot got those numbers because I assumed his head was too far up his own ass to allow for numbers to be pulled out of it.

I'm deeply curious about whether Ubi's famously awful DRM means they see higher rates of piracy.

I haven't played PC games for years, don't keep up with gaming news particularly, and even I know that an Ubisoft game is more likely to work if you pirate it.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Variable wrote: »
    I was thinking about gw2 but then they made diablo 3 way better so I'm just gonna see how that goes

It's almost like Blizzard withheld their patch until their competition was on the eve of release

override367 on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    p218_BreadandWater.jpg

Ce n'est pas un pain.

C'est l'image d'un pain?

Si.

Si what? In French you say 'si' at the beginning of a sentence where you're specifically disagreeing with someone's statement. So 'Si, this is why I disagree with you'.

Really, I'm just showing off my random linguistic trivia knowledge here.

yes

the build i settled on was a maximum cc + distortion build

30 seconds of continual trolling 1v1

distortion when you use signets + 3 signets
    50% chance to stun on daze, fire daze from your dual sword block
    2 secs of distortion from blurred frenzy
    3 secs from distortion shatter
    stealth at 25%
    etc etc etc

Oh yeah you're the mesmer nerd.

p218_BreadandWater.jpg

Ce n'est pas un pain.

C'est l'image d'un pain?

Si.

Si what? In French you say 'si' at the beginning of a sentence where you're specifically disagreeing with someone's statement. So 'Si, this is why I disagree with you'.

And I was just being a dork by responding in Spanish.

Mazzyx wrote: »
    I kind of want to play GW2. But school starts in 2 and a half weeks. I just got into the MWO beta. And money is still kind of tight. But it would be a nice 60 dollar gift. But means my warham stuff goes on hold till the end of the month at least.

Oh ho ho ho

hohoho.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    p218_BreadandWater.jpg

Ce n'est pas un pain.

C'est l'image d'un pain?

Si.

Ne Me Quitte Pas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWXWivwhi14

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697

Made anything neat?

I made a lighthouse with a rotating light.

My friends have made ridiculous amounts of awesome stuff... but they play a lot more than I do.

Not in a long while. I was working on a large cathedral style mosque for a while, but that world's long gone. Mostly been having fun building cabins lately.

Hmn.

Work.

Or Minecraft.

Or clothes shopping.

Ugh, clothes shopping.

Work blows. Use a bedsheet for a toga instead of shopping for clothes. play minecraft, in toga. Build the forum romanum.

The thing is, I generally dislike clothes shopping (always too much pestering), but I like new clothes and I have money for them. And I'd like to get a new outfit for the PAX dinner. It's a conundrum.

you know how you spray cats with water?

that works for salesmen too

Ooooh. And for smokers!

Which is a real benefit in downtown Seattle. Apparently signs which read 'Not within 25 feet of all entrances and exits' means jack shit to about 2/3rds of the city's smokers.

DoctorArch wrote: »
    p218_BreadandWater.jpg

Ce n'est pas un pain.

C'est l'image d'un pain?

Si.

Ne Me Quitte Pas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I

I don't wanna be freeeeeeeeeeench

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

wait THE mesmer nerd

i feel honoured

obF2Wuw.png
    p218_BreadandWater.jpg

Ce n'est pas un pain.

C'est l'image d'un pain?

Si.

And I was just being a dork by responding in Spanish.

¡Imposible!

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    So hey, Chromeo is good

TL DR wrote: »
    So hey, Chromeo is good

so hey yeah they are

did you see them live?

they good live

wait THE mesmer nerd

i feel honoured

You wouldn't want to lose your title would you.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    man i just wasted like 3 hours farting around in an ubuntu virtual machine

what the hell is wrong with me

steam_sig.png
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    p218_BreadandWater.jpg

Ce n'est pas un pain.

C'est l'image d'un pain?

Si.

Ne Me Quitte Pas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I

I don't wanna be freeeeeeeeeeench

I have always really enjoyed the Bad Romance music video.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    Regina Spektor's always fun.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Oh ho ho ho

hohoho.

Don't get your hopes up. Probably won't buy either. I have 400 dollars in med bills due next month. Grad school starts. And I will probably skip till Christmas when I have a month and a half off and can get on sale.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    hey Mim

What's up T-Money

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I give you bread:

IMG_20120822_152308.jpg

dat bread

Oh ho ho ho

hohoho.

Don't get your hopes up. Probably won't buy either. I have 400 dollars in med bills due next month. Grad school starts. And I will probably skip till Christmas when I have a month and a half off and can get on sale.

I'm just saying, I am considering 'kind of want to play' as a victory.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I've been really jonesin for a minecraft server lately. Friend of mine is looking into hosting but he is super busy with a new baby so I think that might be a while.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @Deebaser make the new chat

I am going to play video games tonight

rRwz9.gif
This discussion has been closed.