As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax Arcadia: An Alliance PVE Guild on Draenor (US)

• NosfNosf Registered User regular

Took my DK from 333 avg ilevel to 380 this weekend, LFG is a pretty, uh, interesting experience. I only had a couple truly bad groups, and interestingly those were in the early heroic dungeons like Blackrock, Deadmines and Grim Batol. Seems like a surprising number of people have no enchants, no gems and some even lacked Glyphs. Getting into the first LFR wasn't so bad, despite a couple wipes on Yor'sahj. I did find that the DK placed lower, DPS wise than my hunter with similar gear while in 5 mans, I can dominate DPS and at least remain really competitive with people geared above me.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Palytank/advanced is a pretty good example; no enchants, no meta, and told me to F off when I rolled against and won the Rosary of Light DPS trinket in one of the new 5 mans. I kind of hope they add something in the new expansion that once you get your first piece of gemmable armor, you get a mail from an npc jeweler with say, a white quality gem and instructions on how to use it. Or at least, "Come and see me for white quality gems of all types". Even the same for enchants just to let players know they can do that. I'm sure in a lot of cases it's either laziness or the thought that the piece won't last long enough to drop cash on it via enchanting/ gemming, but at least a couple seemed clueless when I asked why they didn't have a Meta gem. That said, most groups are at least pretty easy going nowadays; asking for alt spec gear was never a pissy thing. I was sort of bummed that on one occassion I couldn't trade a guy a maestrom for a piece of alt gear they let me loot due to cross realm trade restrictions.

Grouping highlight was getting a tank in 410 gear with his healer pal in about the same in a heroic deadmines group - that went pretty goddamn fast. Or in my first LFG someone asking me to battle res; "I can do that? Hey, he isn't a zombie, what a rip off!"

• BolognaOniBolognaOni Registered User regular
    Well, the dude named his toon Palytank, enough said! Looks like that's an SoR boosted character though, so maybe he really is short on gold? Enchants can be pretty expensive. Still, it would be nice if people at least put something on there, even if it's sub-optimal. On that note, anyone want to DE a bunch of crap?

Hoping to make a similar gear progression on my DK this week as well. I think I've managed to remember how to hit most of the buttons at this point, and gear is getting to the point where I'm not an entirely worthless group member. I'll try to get mumble downloaded here, and hopefully do a few runs with you guys. Then again... looks like this weekend is the last chance for powder skiing this year, so I'll likely be hitting that up.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular

Grab clcDK to get started, and setup your reminders for pillar, horn, trinkets etc. Made transition from another class much much easier. I made about 2k+ gold this weekend slogging through LFG, more than enough to enchant and gem all my stuff.

• BolognaOniBolognaOni Registered User regular
    I found that I really like the visualizations on DocsDebugRunes, so I have been rocking that. Always used to run magicrunes, but the 3x2 matrix display in DDR makes it really easy to visually see what needs to get used next.

After over a year off the keyboard dance just involved a lot of fumbling. DKs being GCD locked or close to it was always one of the things I really liked about the class though. Pushing more buttons is more fun. I never really liked the pet-heavy playstyle of unholy, but am giving it a shot at the moment. Going back to frost is a bit tempting though, and honestly probably better at my current gear level...

I am kind of bummed about the end of the zombie rez. Previous guild was all RL buddies, so I loved busting that out as a badge of shame for a couple mistake prone DPSers we had. On the other hand, I did manage to use it on a tank in deadmines last night and prevent a wipe, so the improved utility is nice.

• antheremantherem Registered User regular
    So it turns out we're pretty terrible when we sit Noisy.

• SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    We're still pretty terrible when we don't.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • dobilaydobilay Registered User regular
    But it's the only way that hunter gear ever drops.

All dem trinkets

• Jelly JigglerJelly Jiggler Registered User regular
    Did somebody say hunter loot?

camo_sig2.png
  • LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    Someday paladin loot will drop again. I need dem gears!

edited April 2012
    Paladin gear will surely drop some day.

Such as the next day that I end up healing.

EDIT: And I will win everything that you want.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking as well. My loot luck has been that way since Vanilla.

Three attempts at Madness tonight, three falls through the world when trying to switch platforms. Fffffffuuuuuu

Yeah, who the shit programmed that fight?

• KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Someone hacked the email address I used for WoW so if you see any of my alts online give me a holler.

OK, bringing this back from the dead for announcement time.

First, I will be cleaning out the guild bank in preparation for the expansion this Saturday. If there is anything in there that you would like, you may notify me by in-game mail, PM here, PM on the guild forum, Facebook, whatever. First come, first serve on that stuff. Anything that nobody wants on Saturday is getting sold and the proceeds will go back into the bank to help cover what will almost certainly be retarded prices for getting all the enchants and other patterns that we need to effectively kill Pandas.

Second, I assume that 5.0 will be coming out...someday between now and September 25th. I'm thinking we should probably do at least one DS raid in there just so people can play around with how their class works after the changes. Which leads me to....

If you're interested in rerolling, either already or after 5.0 hits and you find out they ruined your class, please to be letting us know. This is partly for planning purposes, but may also be used to assist in the reroll, depending on how mean we are feeling. If you neglect to tell me that you are rerolling I will cry and then proceed to say vile things about your mother.

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Kreutz wrote: »
    I would say Jason Lee did alright for himself after that one. Same with Ben Aflac.

He made more money. However, his skills peaked there and went steadily downhill.

I need to find me a new mic before the 25th, or whenever 5.0 hits.

So a combination of my massive laziness in tandem with the hilarious number of flanks we have in the bank has led to exciting news.

I will be sending a stack of flanks to raider types for leveling sometime between now and panda launch. If you want a flask other than the obvious one, please let me know sooner rather than later.

I want a flank steak to eat

camo_sig2.png
  • NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    stake my flank

brDe918.jpg
    Stop talking and update the OP.

So whose classes are ruined next week?

• AfroJAfroJ Registered User regular
    My class is the best. It can't be ruined.

camo_sig2.png
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    I don't follow the sites anymore but seeing as it's an expansion patch I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that death knights are getting a complete overhaul of some sort.

I got buffed again, suckers.

brDe918.jpg
    LeftOnRed wrote: »
    Stop talking and update the OP.

Don't rush art, goose.

brDe918.jpg
    It still says PAX East is coming! It's almost PAX Prime!

Noisymunk wrote: »
    I got buffed again, suckers.

Hold still, I'm going to try to hate you to death.

If that actually worked, you'd be the only one left alive in the guild.

antherem wrote: »
    If that actually worked, you'd be the only one left alive in the world.

FIFY

They made my class dumb. Every class is dumb now. I don't want to learn how to play again. Video games are stupid.

You removed the Master Baiter NPC screenshot? Worst OP of all time.

LeftOnRed wrote: »
    You removed the Master Baiter NPC screenshot? Worst OP of all time.

WORK IN PROGRESS

brDe918.jpg
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Looks like I'll probably be resubscribing within a few days. Is my character still in the guild? I can't remember if I used the name Steev or Richt. Or both.

You might be. If not, just hit one of us up for an invite.

• Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    I think they fucked up pet threat because nothing short of an act of god could take threat from pets in LFD today

Enosh20 wrote: »
    I think they fucked up pet threat because nothing short of an act of god could take threat from pets in LFD today

They changed growl into an actual taunt so huntards will be the bane of tanks

camo_sig2.png
    Ugh. Remind me not to tank anything ever again.

• Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    They changed growl into an actual taunt so huntards will be the bane of tanks
    I told him to turn it off he said he can't, no idea why
    after that i went looking on the forums a bit and there are reports of DK ghouls and warlock pets (that aren't void walkers) pulling aggro off the tank, so I think there is something iffy going on beyond some hunters not being all that bright :P
    edit: wait this isn't the general wow thread

Enosh20 on