Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Marvel RPG] A Tale of Two Worlds

2456789

Posts

  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks San DiegoRegistered User regular
    A beach might also be appropriate. Beach house, been there for a few days, not much to do other than lay there and tan (/hide indoors and read). Makes for a better "vacation" spot too. The group can have a couple people with houses/rentals nearby, we meet up at a bonfire/barbeque and realize we have things in common (namely Babs, but maybe some other things too).

  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks San DiegoRegistered User regular
    As for the Watcher NPC, I dunno who would fit well. Maybe a roommate of Carmen? Former sorority girl along with her and Babs, living in a apartment together after graduation (think Two Broke Girls)? Maybe this person sees James and Paul, drags Carmen over to talk/flirt? Meanwhile Lucy is being pushed out of the house by her parents, "Go socialize! Make some friends!" so she wanders over since nothing else seems to be happening. Jake is there because he's on vacation, but wants company. Lucy and Jake run into each other, recognize each other, start chatting. Lucy seems Carmen but is a bit hesitant to go talk to her, due to awkwardness of sorority situation.

    I'd be picturing the scene starting out in a SoCal beach, so we've got the waves, then dunes/scrub grass, then a light forest/wooded area entering into light sprawl/suburbia. Hot days, still temperate nights.

  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    As for the Watcher NPC, I dunno who would fit well. Maybe a roommate of Carmen? Former sorority girl along with her and Babs, living in a apartment together after graduation (think Two Broke Girls)? Maybe this person sees James and Paul, drags Carmen over to talk/flirt? Meanwhile Lucy is being pushed out of the house by her parents, "Go socialize! Make some friends!" so she wanders over since nothing else seems to be happening. Jake is there because he's on vacation, but wants company. Lucy and Jake run into each other, recognize each other, start chatting. Lucy seems Carmen but is a bit hesitant to go talk to her, due to awkwardness of sorority situation.

    I'd be picturing the scene starting out in a SoCal beach, so we've got the waves, then dunes/scrub grass, then a light forest/wooded area entering into light sprawl/suburbia. Hot days, still temperate nights.

    This sounds really good, recast my vote as beach. With regards to the Watcher NPC I feel like they'd work better as just a catalyst for the whole thing happening.

    Either way there'd be no real harm in including one, they can always fade into the background if they're getting in the way.

    rm4k6cctdpin.png

  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Grog wrote: »
    Either way there'd be no real harm in including one, they can always fade into the background if they're getting in the way.

    Good point. Much harder to integrate one post-facto than to just let one drift off into the ether.

  • Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Registered User regular
    Updated character post to bring it up to speed.

    I think the idea of the 1st World Watcher could be dropped or phased out if it gets too in the way, that being said I do think it's a nice idea.

    Any type of beach house/cabin is a good idea, it's not too uncommon for such a group to get together and split up the cost for a nice sized place.

    Also, the more I think about the character that "Paul" rolled the more I can make it fit with him. The Doctor is a shapshifter, or someone who has the ability to mask themselves, and also a science nerd like his brother. In other words, Dr. David Row reflects what Paul is and what he desires most to be.

  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    OK folk, looks like the beach is a popular choice. Let's go with it. Give me a bit to set a few things up, and we'll kick off the first Event tonight tomorrow! (sorry for the delay)

    jdarksun on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    1. First World.

    The first drops of rain splatter against the hot pavement as you're getting into the car. It's still sunny enough, but the clouds rolling in from over the ocean have that dark gray look that always come with a sustained storm. It looks like the five hour drive staring you in the face might be accompanied by a duet of staccato water droplets and the swish-swish of the wipers. It's late in the afternoon, you just got off work, and that long drive is starting to feel just a bit longer. But the beach house is rented; Kitty's already there, airing the place out and getting a few things together for Barbara's send-off tomorrow. So you slide into the driver's seat, and head towards the interstate.

    The inappropriately named Laughing Place isn't hard to find, even with the setting sun's last traces of crimson fading from the sky. It's your typical beach house; built on raised stilts, single car garage, curved flight of steps leading up to the front door. It's siding is a faded baby blue, worn with age, but not so warn as to need replacing. The entire house is like that - the roof looks like it's one good storm from needing to be replaced, the driveway could use a fresh layer of gravel, and the yard's lone tree needs trimming. But the price was right, it's plenty roomy on the inside, and it's on the beach. You lock your car and head inside.


    TRANSITION


    PCs
    Lucy Johnson
    Jake Larson
    James Madsen
    Paul Madsen
    Carmen Schultz

    NPCs

    Kitty Wolfinger


    (( Kitty Wolfinger, Barbara's former roommate, has the beach house all ready for occupancy. She's also almost ready to start an introductory session of the new RPG she picked up - chips are on the table, soda is on the counter, the pizza's on its way, and there seems to be dice everywhere. But there's a bit of time before everyone has settled in and is ready to play; what are you doing? Chatting with Kitty or one of the others? Grabbing some chips and flipping through the rule book? Taking a moment to stare out of your room's window at the sea? Whatever it is, take a moment to get a feel for the situation and then we'll dig into Kitty's game. ))

  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    James hurls his bag onto the bed in the upstairs corner room and puts his cased telescope near the window -- no chance of stars in this weather -- before heading back down to chat with Catdog. They'd gotten along well, before, and he'd adopted Barbara's pet name (he'd always loved that little joke) for Kitty almost immediately. If she minded the nickname, she had never let him know.

    He cracks open a root beer and slides onto a bench. His conversation with Kitty is a bit muted, of course, but it isn't the stuttering halting terror that he'd been worried it would be.

    GrimmyTOA on
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    His soda open but untouched, Jake finally sits down at the table. He'd given the place a good once over, inspecting every wonky floorboard and worn panel, commenting aloud while the others settled in.

    "-few nails here and there and it should be good as new." Looking at the paper and dice-covered table his brow furrowed as if something was wrong,

    "Is this table level? This table isn't level." Kitty rolled her eyes as he began to wobble each table leg to find the offending piece.

    ((in before grimmy's edit- I'm Jake, you're James))

    rm4k6cctdpin.png

  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    ((You saw nothing! Nothing!))

  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Inwardly, Lucy sighed. The funeral had been bad: mom couldn't stop crying, dad was trying to hold it together by acting as if nothing had happened, and Bobby was sullen and moody, unable to sit still. Lucy still couldn't believe that Babs was gone. She had been so full of life, always bubbly and smiling. Looking at the weather out a window, Lucy thought about how the rain coming down was like life - cold and grey. Clearly Babs had been too bright for it.

    Of course, running into Kitty at the service had been awkward. Though Lucy had tried to hide, Kitty managed to find her and convince her to come on this ridiculous beach trip, "to honor Babs' memory and celebrate her life!" Yeah, because grief has to be shared with other people, right? Forget it. But Kitty wouldn't give up, and finally mom had promised for Lucy, and that was that.

    Lucy turned her attention back to the miniature spectacle unfolding in the living room, suppressing a small smile at Jake's antics. She found herself glad he was there, actually - one of her few real friends. The others she knew, mostly, more or less well, but she and Jake went way back. As he continued muttering, she reburied her head in the rulebook for the new game. It definitely sounded intriguing.

  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Also, this is a picture of Obscura, the Second World character:
    7786687348_49e6ec91d7.jpg

  • Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Registered User regular
    Paul stepped through the doorway, his punctuality finally failed him but he hoped no one would notice. He reaches for the soda with the highest caffeine content and takes a seat next to James giving him a hard pat on the back, "What's up bro?"

  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    Carmen only agreed to play this little game because she didn't want to disappoint Kitty… But she had to admit that all those dice looked like they'd be satisfying to roll. They clinked together enticingly as Jake unsteadied the table. She hadn't seen Jake in years; she couldn't remember if he'd always been so… neurotic.

    The sound of the rain jumped a dozen decibels as the front door opened. 'Speaking of people I haven't seen in years…'

    "Paul! Holy crap, how are you?"

  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    James choked on his root beer a bit as his brother clumped him on the back.

    "God damnit you're strong." He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and grinned at his brother.
    Hey guys -- I've got a family situation that has come up. I'm going to be unavoidably afk from tonight until Monday some time. I apologize sincerely, as the timing (in re: this game) probably couldn't be worse. If you guys want, you can run Ranger Saar through the first encounter. Alternately, James can suffer from a sudden bout of stomach upset and rejoin you guys at the table in a few (subjective) minutes or hours.

  • Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Registered User regular
    Paul grins back at James and turns to Carmen.

    "Doing well Carmen, all things considered."

  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    'All things considered.' "Good," she said, trying not to sound preoccupied. "I'm glad. James tells me your tour's up, right? So what's next?" A moment passed, and to Carmen it felt like a long time. "Sorry; that's a big question, you don't have to answer."

    Sneaks on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    ~ Intermission (?) ~
    Hey folk,

    Grimmy is out for the weekend. Do we want to pause and pick things back up on Monday, or go ahead and get started and have him jump in late?

  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Pausing sounds fine. I'll actually be moving back to CO this weekend, so I'll be out of it as well.

  • Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Registered User regular
    Yea that works for me too.

  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Sorry, I disappeared this weekend and didn't get a chance to say. So I guess it was a good thing it was postponed? Anyway I'm good to go now.

    rm4k6cctdpin.png

  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    Just waiting for Grimmy to check back in, and I'll continue. You guys can feel free to continue bantering if you like.

  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I am back and ready to go!

  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Ditto!

  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Thunder rumbles in the distance, and the house's lights dim briefly, catching the occupant's attention. Conversations trickle off, and Lucy looks up from the rule book.

    Kitty beams. "Ah, drama! Can't let something like that slide. Let's begin!" As the others pull up their chairs to the table, she takes a moment to collect her things. She pulls a small notebook from her bag; on its cover is a thickly muscled man with long blonde hair. He clutches a hammer before him, a massive thing that seems more like an exaggerated scepter than functional tool. Kitty flips the book open, skims a page or two, and places it on the table in front of her. She dives back into the bag, pulling out another book scarcely larger than the first. This one's glossy cover depicts men and women in colorful costumes striking heroic poses. It too goes on the table, but off to one side. Farther than the notebook, but still at hand. From her pocket comes an iPod, which she places in a speaker-flanked docking station.

    The penultimate item is a small leather bag. Kitty slides the contents onto the table - a couple dozen metal dice, reflecting back the light from their surfaces of steel, brass, and copper. She quickly sorts through them, arranging them in some arcane sequence whose meaning eludes you.

    Only then does she withdraw the final item from her bag - a pair of horn-rimmed glasses, which she slips on as if donning a mask. Kitty leans forward, placing her elbows on the table and steepling her fingers.

    She quirks an eyebrow. "Now then. This game we're going to play is about assuming an identity different from your own. You've created a character - an alternate persona - and I've created a world. Together, we'll tell a tale or two. A tale of heroes and villains, deeds worthy of song and acts worthy of nothing but condemnation. I will put barriers in your way, and you will tear them down. In telling the tale, you will learn more about your character - you will grow. And I will adjust the world to better suit its occupants. For this game is not adversarial, but cooperative - my role in it is to facilitate play. To provide a path to a mutually agreeable resolution.

    "But, like every story, there will be drama. Hardship. Loss. But you'll endure, you'll cope, and if you're good - you'll win the day. Are we ready?"

    Kitty scarcely glances around the table before continuing.

    "Imagine, if you will, a world where the norm is subverted by the supernatural. Oh, it still has all the normal problems - crime and poverty and war. But it also has men who can fly, women who can turn invisible, and villains that can tear apart a building as easily as you might tear a piece of paper. It is world where, perhaps, anything is possible."

    She reaches out, and gently taps play on the iPod.

    "New York City, the East River. For eighty years, Riker's Island has housed New York's worst. Button men, con men, murders, rapists, and thugs of all stripes. And it has served its purpose well, for even the worst men are still only men. Adjacent to Riker's Island is another facility, designed to hold something more than men. Something worse. It is The Raft, an ultramax prison for supervillains, for criminals who can shift shape, read minds, and project fire from their hands. And it has done its job admirably.

    "Until today. There is a massive shock wave, an explosion, and half of New York City goes dark. Billowing clouds of black smoke pour from the facility, clouds that can be seen from virtually everywhere in the city.

    "Something has gone wrong in the prison holding the worst of the worst the metahuman community has to offer. Someone has to do something. But who?"
    Optional Milestones
    FIND A POWERFUL ALLY
    Rumor has it that more than just villains are kept within the Raft's reinforced walls. An entity of massive - but uncontrollable - power has decided to make it his home, opting to lock himself up instead of potentially subjecting the populace to his destructive force. Maybe now is the time to change his mind.
    1 xp when you find and introduce yourself to this potential ally.
    3 xp when you convince the hero to act, whether it means leaving his cell or working to halt the jailbreak.
    10 xp when you convince the hero to rejoin society, or convince him to remain locked up for the safety of the world.

    ROUND UP THE FUGITIVES
    Some of the most dangerous super villains are locked up in the Raft. When they break out, you’re one of the only people ready and able to bring them back in. But who is behind the breakout?
    1 XP when you defeat and capture a fugitive from the Raft.
    3 XP when you choose to let a fugitive go in order to help an innocent bystander or an ally.
    10 XP when you track down the group behind the breakout and either turn them in to the authorities or join them.

    CONNECT WITH S.H.I.E.L.D.
    You've heard of S.H.I.E.L.D., the government agency created to protect the US from aggressive metahumans. Maybe you have even worked with them before. When a crisis strikes, allies need to stand together against a common threat. But what if S.H.I.E.L.D. is the threat?
    1 XP when you work with S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to neutralize a villainous foe.
    3 XP when you act against the orders of S.H.I.E.L.D. Command for the good of others.
    10 XP when you choose to stand either with S.H.I.E.L.D. or with the rest of your team when they’re in opposition.


    Pick a Milestone or two, either from your character sheet or from those outlined here. Please make a note of it in your next post.


    This next part is going to be slightly more free form, in that I'd like you to tell me where you are and what you were doing when the Raft was attacked. In the future, I'll drop you into a situation (as appropriate), but I wanted to give you an opportunity to establish your Second World characters here like I gave you an opportunity to establish your First World characters earlier.


    Doom Pool:
    d6.pngd6.png

    Kitty looks at each of you in turn. "Where are you, and what are you doing?"

    jdarksun on
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    "Obscura is out on patrol with Ghost Rider around Hell's Kitchen, but so far nothing's has happened. Until this, anyway," states Lucy. "As the sound of the explosion reaches Obscura's ears, she notices Ghost Rider stock still, staring off towards the east where the explosion came from.

    Rikers Island. Great evil has been unleashed. We must stop it.

    Revving his motorcycle, he takes off, leaving a flaming trail behind. Sighing a bit at her companion's bluntness, Obscura unfurls her wings and flies off after him. She's nervous, because she's never really fought anyone in GR's league, but she's excited at the same time."
    Milestone: Round Up the Fugitives

    tzeentchling on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    "Ranger Saar is eating. Due to the low silicon content in most earth foods he has to sprinkle plastic pellets on everything he ingests. He's currently in a burrito joint on the lower east side, trying to ignore the scrutiny of the other patrons.

    He's not doing very well." James chuckles to himself, and continues.

    "It is almost a relief when he feels the shockwave of the explosion through a set of dedicated antennae. The room goes dark, he stands, and strides over to a beaten-up pickup truck. The shocks squeal as he wedges himself behind the wheel and heads uptown."
    Milestones: SHIELD and Fugitive Roundup both sound perfect.

  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    "Heh, pickup truck. I like it." Jake remarks, stalling as he tries to come up with something.

    "Well, I reckon Telesto would be in the East River itself, using his powers to walk on the riverbed. He's sitting in a rusted pile of junk, meditating down there when he feels the shockwave. Unaffected by the waves he starts to grow and stretch toward the surface, ready to teleport toward the disturbance."
    Milestones: Trojan Orbit and Find a Powerful Ally

    rm4k6cctdpin.png

  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    "Nell…" Carmen paused; she had trouble deciding exactly what to say. "…hates New York. She wants to cut and run. She's made it as far as LaGuardia, but there are too many people there. Too many people thinking too many different things.

    "The explosion clears her head; suddenly everyone's thinking the same thing: 'what happened?' It's clear that Rikers was the epicenter. Nell disappears and makes her way out to the runway. From there, it's a very short swim to Rikers."
    Milestone: Connect with SHIELD

    Sneaks on
  • Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    "So... David," Paul says pausing for a moment to look at his character sheet, "he's doing his thing down on the streets; telling jokes or whatever when the explosion grabs everyone's attention. He looks in the direction of Rikers, 'Something big is going on,' he mutters to himself. And he's heard the rumors. David picks up his hat, pockets the change and takes off towards the commotion."
    Milestone: Make a Powerful Ally

    Suicide Slyde on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    Kitty turns her attention to Lucy. "The Rider cuts a blazing path across Astoria, and doesn't even slow down as he launches out into Bowery Bay. If the Hell Cycle has any aversion to water, it certainly doesn't show it - if anything, it seems to be moving faster, leaving a massive wake of fire and steam behind it. You're actually having a bit of trouble keeping up."

    @tzeentchling:
    Do you want to Ghost Rider stick around? I'd imagine The Spirit of Vengeance would have some unfinished business with some of the inmates, and might want to hunt down a specific one.

    James is next. "The brakes squeal on your truck as you skid to a halt near the Bowery Bay Wastewater Treatment Plant. Something big must be going down, as you can see a trail of fire leading out from the city and off into the bay. What manner of creature could have produced such a thing...?

    "The Raft is cut off from the land, so you'll have to secure some sort of additional transportation - or swim. Your antennae pick up the distinct pressure waves of several approaching helicopters. Perhaps you could hitch a ride? Or, if you don't want to wait, there's a number of official-looking boats moored at the plant's docks. Surely city officials would not take umbrage at the temporary use of a vehicle borrowed in the name of hard justice?"



    Kitty checks her notes before continuing with Jake. "It only takes Telesto a moment to spot the disturbance once his head breaks the water - some sort of atmospheric phenomena is interfering with the local metahuman incarceration facility. The side effects from this appear to have negatively impacted the local population, in the form of reduced services and increased panic. Teleporting to the nice, level patch of concrete on the portion of the facility above the water would be trivial."



    "The water is freezing, but Nellie barely notices - the amount of strong emotion pouring out the Raft is almost enough to overwhelm. Anger, despair, fear, hate, joy - even exaltation. And every last bit of it is drenched in the malign. Shivering, she pulls herself onto the landing pad, and is greeted by three men and one woman wearing body armor. Each has a M4 carbine installed with various parts of the SOPMOD Block I kit. And all are pointed at Nellie.

    "Excuse me, m'am." The lead ... soldier? guard? ... approaches her, but does not lower the weapon. "This is a S.H.I.E.L.D. facility. No unauthorized personnel."

    Judging by his appearance, you'd assume him to be calm, collected, and in control. But his emotions betray him - he's scared, but not of you. Apparently, a woman pulling herself out of the freezing East River onto a government prison doesn't even really concern him. But the power going out? It apparently warrants about a "9.8 on his weird shit-o-meter." His thoughts, not yours.



    Kitty turns back a few pages in her notebook, then addresses Paul. "Does David want to turn into a bird or something to fly to The Raft? Someone with his level of Shapeshifting could even turn into a dragon or something." From her grin, it's clear that Kitty would find this vastly amusing.

  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks San DiegoRegistered User regular
    If it works to have him in the scene, then he can stick around. Otherwise, it's perfectly alright for them to separate. After all, his enemies are hardcore. I kind of suspected we would split up as we got there, or shortly afterward.

  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    "Hmm," says James. His eyes close for a moment. "I think that Saar would probably use his senses to locate an untended boat -- and then he'd hop aboard. If he isn't challenged, then he won't see any need to identify himself to the local authorities. If he is challenged, he'll say that he's Law Enforcement, that he's here to help, and demand to be taken to the island."

    James leans back in his chair. "Man, I've got to develop some sort of movement power."

  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    "You do?" Carmen said with mock incredulity. "I had to wash up on shore… Okay, I put my hands up. I'm not bulletproof." This last was to Kitty. "I tell them I'm MI6, and that I was at LaGuardia when whatever just happened, happened. So what happened?"

    Sneaks on
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Jake cuts in before Kitty can answer "Ok I teleport up there and, seeing the agents pointing guns at a lone woman I get closer to see what the commotion's about."

    He looks suddenly at his sheet again "Oh! And I stay invisible so I can see what's happening. Er, but not in a weird way." Jake looks around at the others in mock embarassment.

    rm4k6cctdpin.png

  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    "Hey, at least you aren't starting or your crime fighting career with a major felony, Carmen. Dampness, yes."

  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    Kitty laughs at Jake's comment. "Oh, I'm sure it's not in a weird way. Just hanging out, invisible. Watching a soaking wet woman. Totes normal." She arches an eyebrow at him before turning to James.

    "OK, James. Saar has no problems finding an unattended boat suitable for the purposes of rapid transportation over water. Moments later, he's speeding towards the Raft."

    "Meanwhile, on the Raft's helipad: the agent in charge lowers his weapon off of Nellie. 'MI-6, huh? We can check on that. Langtry, you on it?' The woman responds: 'I got it Rubens.', before turning her back to the group and raising a hand to her ear.

    "Nellie becomes aware of another presence on the Helipad - you can't see or hear anyone else, but there's definitely a thinking mind here that wasn't there before. Just as you're registering this, there's the bass rumble of collapsing stone, and the shriek of tearing metal. A cascade of blue energy fountains from a rift in the concrete surface, then blossoms outward into an explosion. Chunks of concrete, rebar, and silvery metal rain down around you.

    "From out of the hole floats a figure clad in a ridiculous red and orange cape and black spandex bodysuit. Pale blue boots, gloves, and gorget trim the outfit. Finishing the ensemble is a wide red belt with a six inch high letter "N" for the buckle. He takes a moment to smooth his goatee before addressing you.

    "'Fall to your knees, mortals, and bear witness to another one of my triumphs - for Count Luchino Nefaria has escaped the Raft!' He throws his head back and laughs up to towards the sky."

  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    "Saar turns the boat towards the cascade of energy and pushes the throttle as far forward as it goes."

  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    "Excellent." Kitty draws out the word evilly, doing her best Montgomery Burns impression. "So! This is an Action Scene. Carmen and Jake, since you two are already there, one of you will go first. Neither of you have Enhanced Reflexes, so whichever of you wants to act first is fine with me! Decide between you two, or whoever wants to claim it first. That person gets to pick who goes next."
    Action Scene


    Have acted:


    Have yet to act:
    (on the scene)
    Nellie Cochrane (tied for first)
    Telesto (tied for first)
    Count Nefaria
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents

    (will show up when picked)
    Dr. David Row
    Obscura
    Ranger Saar


    Whoever goes first is probably Solo, though Nellie/Carmen/Sneaks could argue that they're Buddy with the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents.

    Expert S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent (d8)
    Solo (d4) Buddy (d6) Team (d8)
    Body Armor (d6) Comms (d6) Small Arms (d6)


    Edit: This is all stuff I should have mentioned in my previous post. :oops:

    jdarksun on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Mechanically, how do you want us to handle reactions and the like. If Nefaria takes a potshot at Saar, do I just leave it to you to roll my reflex reaction, or do you wait (lightning bolt in midair) until I say what I want to do, or...?

Sign In or Register to comment.