As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

a [chat]

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Trying to sneakily check out her hand for a wedding ring...

A little late due to Wikipedia distractions, but this is not guaranteed in Japan.

Fffffffffffff (especially with a gym teacher)

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    My girlfriend is trying to convince me that you can make a working copy of a modern 3D video game using video of that game.

She claims "an instructor" backs her up on this.

:?

well you have a professor on your side

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bueZoYhUlg

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    So I'm like hey there's a 24 hour indian restaurant nearby, I will go there in the middle of the night and get a delicious indian dessert!

But it's not 24 hours any more so I got taco bell.

It was untasty!

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    My girlfriend is trying to convince me that you can make a working copy of a modern 3D video game using video of that game.

She claims "an instructor" backs her up on this.

:?

Like..if I film half life 2 I could then install it on my computer?

That's silly!

Sadly, she is surrounded by fucking crazy people living in backwater nowheresville who like to fill her ear with absolute bullshit.

It's especially jarring because she's trying to convince me of this. I've been testing video games for about three years.

She's an incredible person but every once in awhile she makes me want to slam my head into a wall.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    So I marathoned my way through Battlestar Galactica after clicking around boredly on Netflix like a month ago.

I should not have watched the final episode
    I feel like I've been trolled. Hard.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    To be fair, she means there are "emulator" programs that can take the video information and make a game out of it.

This still hurts my head like whoa.

• Options
    Also at some point coke I am going to send you a screen shot of the different mech parts this game has with the stat names. I know what different types of stats a piece can have in English (an arm can have say, HP, reload speed, weapon change speed and recoil absorption) but I just don't know what order they appear in.

Do you think you could help me with that?

• Options
    I need to just get a 2 liter bottle of water that I throw into my fridge every night that I bring to work, or a big fuck off thermos.

The Japanese just do not drink enough water for me.

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Also at some point coke I am going to send you a screen shot of the different mech parts this game has with the stat names. I know what different types of stats a piece can have in English (an arm can have say, HP, reload speed, weapon change speed and recoil absorption) but I just don't know what order they appear in.

Sure, no problem. What game is it? P4A?

工事中
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    fuck, the PA GW2 server looks like what alot of the Twitch TV streamers are going to as well. I dont want to PvP with those cocks

• Options
    I have a Tiger thermos I bought in Japan that I'm still using today. It's small enough to fit in my messenger bag for work, big enough for about 1.5 cups of whatever, and if needed I can bludgeon someone with it pretty effectively.

And then take a sip of scalding hot tea afterwards.

工事中
  • Options

Border break, its a Japanese arcade game. It saves your mech and I am starting to get to the point where I can customize my guy, I am just not sure what stats I am changing, hehe. Like, I can guess that the part line called "heavy guard" probably has a lot of HP and the part line called "shrike" that looks super flimsy is probably really fast but, eventually I will need to rely on more than just looks.

• Options
    There's a new spoon specifically designed for dunking sandwich cookies in milk now? Bwah?

工事中
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Sandwich cookies are a thing?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »

If you live in the US, they've been a thing forever.

Which reminds me of an article I read some time ago, about Oreo trying to convince brits to eat Oreos. The Brits seemed unimpressed.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Because Oreos are fucking terrible. Even with nostalgia.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

Which reminds me of an article I read some time ago, about Oreo trying to convince brits to eat Oreos. The Brits seemed unimpressed.

Brits have custard creams and bourbons, they just like to front.

Silly Brits.

This spoon is everything I've ever wanted out of life (the part of life regarding cookies at the very least).

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

Border break, its a Japanese arcade game. It saves your mech and I am starting to get to the point where I can customize my guy, I am just not sure what stats I am changing, hehe. Like, I can guess that the part line called "heavy guard" probably has a lot of HP and the part line called "shrike" that looks super flimsy is probably really fast but, eventually I will need to rely on more than just looks.

Ah, ok. Kinda like that big-ass Gundam game I would play occasionally. I like the card-based games like that where you're actually making progress and unlocking upgrades as you play.

I never did break down and actually play Lord of Vermillion, even though I was always sorely tempted to. I think I even picked up a few cards for the hell of it.

工事中
  • Options
    Hmm, this seems decadent

• Options

The big, new thing here in Australia a couple months back was Double Stuff Oreos.

I kept seeing adverts and thinking "We had these back when I was in high school. Why are they new here?" o.O

工事中
  • Options
    Mmmm, go to bar tonight or go to arcade.

Fffffffffffff.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i'm just a drunk. ignore me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Coffee traveler! That's what I need.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

Fffffffffffff.

Why not both! I will do neither , just to be sure.

• Options

Fffffffffffff.

Is it a Western-style bar or a Japanese-style one?

Beware of table charges!

工事中
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote: »

Fffffffffffff.

Why not? Get a couple ジョッキー and relax!

工事中
  • Options

Fffffffffffff.

But I 不要 any 啤酒。

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    night, [chat]

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Hufff Pufff

hello

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Quid wrote: »

Fffffffffffff.

But I 不要 any 啤酒。

梅酒? :winky:

工事中
  • Options
    Man, I really need to stop slacking on learning Chinese. I have like 50+ cards programmed into Anki on my phone right now, but I really need to practice around my gf and her mom so they can *correct my accent.

*Either make fun of it or declare I'm saying gibberish because I'm using the mainland accent. >.<

工事中
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

We have a strong biscuit culture so new stuff needs to be more than middling to get any traction. We need a revolution in biscuit science, not sad oreos.

That said, I think you can still buy them here. And they were present in station vending machines in France

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

We have a strong biscuit culture so new stuff needs to be more than middling to get any traction. We need a revolution in biscuit science, not sad oreos.

That said, I think you can still buy them here. And they were present in station vending machines in France

They're everywhere in Edinburgh.

Oreos for all!

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    So apparently I have a date from okcupid with a girl who told me she hopes I'm not turned off by the fact that she's a former sex worker and heroin addict.

She used to have sex for a living. How could this be a turn off.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Prostitute and fireman are among the only two jobs not represented in my friendship circle.

Does anybody actually know a fireman? I think they could be fictional

• Options
    Well it seems clear by now that most mass market edibles need constant marketing in order to retain or grow, so I guess whoever owns Oreo has both the will and the stamina to push the brand in new markets

• Options
    Well it seems clear by now that most mass market edibles need constant marketing in order to retain or grow, so I guess whoever owns Oreo has both the will and the stamina to push the brand in new markets

They will no doubt have innovation goals, so they can either develop and sell new lines our push old lines in new territories.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    is there a latin phrase for "let us assume for now, without justification, that..."

i seem to dimly recall one existing but i can't remember what it was!

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    i saw an oreo roll with purple-coloured "ice-cream flavour" stuffing in the petrol kiosk today

hmm

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Innovation goals? That doesn't sound like something the old you would say! We must have a beer sometime and you can brief me on how working has recast your strategic vision

This discussion has been closed.