As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chaos] CitOW Game 82 - In doldari's 7th Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

• doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Round 5-3. Summon Phases

game82state66.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Call to Arms! - During the corruption phase, reduce the total number of corruption tokens that each player places in each region by one.
    Vermin Outbreak - The cost to summon each figure is increased by one. Chaos card effects are immune to this limitation. Each player may roll no more than two battle dice per battle, per region.

- Upgrade Effects
    Bloodsworn - Each Bloodworn counts as two figures toward your domination value of any region that it occupies.
    Great Unclean One - For every figure you kill in the same region as a Great Unclean One, you may place one corruption token in that region.
    Horrors - When you play a Chaos card with a magic symbol, you may immediately summon a Horror to that region for 0 power.
    Acolytes - Once per round during the battle phase, you may discard a card from your hand to cancel one hit assigned to one of your Acolytes.

Keeper of Secrets - A Keeper of Secrets counts as three Noble tokens.
    The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region.
    Vermin Lord - You may summon a Vermin Lord from the board (rather than from your stockpile) for 1 power.

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Festival of Sinew - 0 - When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point.
    Kislev : Quicken Decay - 1 - When an opponent summons a figure to or from this region, score one victory point. and Havoc - 2 - Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase.
    Bretonnia : Verminous Horde - 1 - If you have more figures than a single other player, the cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one.

@jakobagger active.

doldari on
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Bloodletter to Bretonnia

2/7 PP

• BlackRaiderBlackRaider Registered User regular
    Play Creeping Death to Troll Country.
    4/6PP

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Warp Portal in Norsca, discarding Glean to send the Rat Ogre to Troll Country.

3/6 PP

• CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    Summon a Seductress to Kislev

4/6 PP

Dancing Bagel
    edited August 2012
    Round 5-3. Summon Phases

game82state67.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Call to Arms! - During the corruption phase, reduce the total number of corruption tokens that each player places in each region by one.
    Vermin Outbreak - The cost to summon each figure is increased by one. Chaos card effects are immune to this limitation. Each player may roll no more than two battle dice per battle, per region.

- Upgrade Effects
    Bloodsworn - Each Bloodworn counts as two figures toward your domination value of any region that it occupies.
    Great Unclean One - For every figure you kill in the same region as a Great Unclean One, you may place one corruption token in that region.
    Horrors - When you play a Chaos card with a magic symbol, you may immediately summon a Horror to that region for 0 power.
    Acolytes - Once per round during the battle phase, you may discard a card from your hand to cancel one hit assigned to one of your Acolytes.

The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region.
    Vermin Lord - You may summon a Vermin Lord from the board (rather than from your stockpile) for 1 power.

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Festival of Sinew - 0 - When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point.
    Troll Country : Creeping Death - 1 - If you dominate this region, place one corruption token in each adjacent region.
    Kislev : Quicken Decay - 1 - When an opponent summons a figure to or from this region, score one victory point. and Havoc - 2 - Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase.
    Bretonnia : Verminous Horde - 1 - If you have more figures than a single other player, the cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one.

@Gorden858 active.

doldari on
  • Gorden858Gorden858 Registered User regular
    Verminous Horde - 1 to Troll Country

6/8 PP

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Bloodsworn to Kislev

0/7 PP

Plaguebearer to Kislev.
    2/6 PP

• FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    Man, this game is close. I'm on tenterhooks...

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's pretty crazy. Probably the closest I've played.

Warp Shock in Bretonnia.

2/6 PP

Seductress to Norsca

2/6 PP

Dancing Bagel
    edited August 2012
    Round 5-3. Summon Phases

game82state68.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects
    Troll Country : Creeping Death - 1 - If you dominate this region, place one corruption token in each adjacent region. and Verminous Horde - 1 - If you have more figures than a single other player, the cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one.
    Bretonnia : Verminous Horde - 1 - If you have more figures than a single other player, the cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one. and Warp Shock - 1 - Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward your domination value.

Khorne rest.
    @Gorden858 active.

doldari on
    Clan Rat to Kislev.

4/6 PP

edited August 2012
    Round 5-3. Summon Phases

game82state70.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects
    Troll Country : Creeping Death - 1 - If you dominate this region, place one corruption token in each adjacent region. and Verminous Horde - 1 - If you have more figures than a single other player, the cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one.
    Bretonnia : Verminous Horde - 1 - If you have more figures than a single other player, the cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one. and Warp Shock - 1 - Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward your domination value.

Khorne rest.
    @BlackRaider active.

doldari on
    edited August 2012
    Plaguebearer from The Empire to Kislev.
    0/6 PP

BlackRaider on
    Acolyte to Bretonnia.

0/6 PP

I am so curious to see what you've been planning, Rat. I also hope you remembered that the Vermin Lord will cost you 2 PP to move instead of 1.

Yes, I do. But I fear my plans have been spoiled by your Warp Shock and your Portal :-(

Seductress from Bretonnia to Kislev

0/6 and out

Dancing Bagel
    Another Clan Rat to Kislev

2/6 PP

And the Big One to Norsca

0/6 PP
    +1 PP (Anything to do with that @Cutfang?)

@Gorden858 What's that last Clan Rat going to do? Nurgle will take second there with 6.

No, I will with 7

Orite, UE. Carry on. :bz

Want to puzzle over that by yourself or me to tell you? ;-)
    The Big One is going to switch places with the Clan Rat at the moment of Ruination.

But you will lead by 3 points anyhow :-(

I figured you would find a way to take second in both Norsca and Kislev, I just didn't think Nurgle would come quite as close. Just a little scary, is all.

If you go rolling 7 hits on 3 dice again, I will be a sad. I won't care if it's 6 hits, but 7 and I might need a new screen (when my current one gets hurled against a wall).

edited August 2012
    Rapturous Excess to The Badlands, giving me +1 VP compared to +7 in Kislev argghgh. Also denies domination

0/6

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
    Saw that coming. :) Will roll when I get home in about an hour.

edited August 2012
    Norsca: Whiff. @Gorden858 to decide the game with his roll.

Edit: I labeled this one as Game 86, lol.

blahmcblah on
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Acolyte to Bretonnia.

0/6 PP

I am so curious to see what you've been planning, Rat. I also hope you remembered that the Vermin Lord will cost you 2 PP to move instead of 1.

Hmm.. Tzeentch is not adjacent Bretonnia.

Oh wow, I cannot believe I (and everyone else) missed that. What should we do? I obviously would've put it in The Badlands instead, but that probably changes the moves that followed. Whatever people think is fair, I guess.

@Gorden858 and @Cutfang should probably chime in here.

Well if he pops it in the Badlands you can assume I cast the spell in The Border Princes and gain 1 VP anyway. I don't mind.

Dancing Bagel
    Don't mind either, since it doesn't Change your winning chance so doesn't matter anyhow.

Norsca: 3 dice 4 hits killing 1 Secuctress and 3 Acolytes.

Thanks guys.

Discard Glean to save an Acolyte in Norsca (just so I can say I used the stupid upgrade).

Round 5-4. Battle Phases

game82state71.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects

Battle Dice
    Norsca : 1 Dice, 3 Dice
    Kislev : Havoc! +4 Corruption DAC, +1 Corruption, +2 Corruption DAC
    Bretonnia : 2 Dice, 1 Dice, 1 Dice

edited August 2012
    1 hit in Bretonnia.
    Kill a Bloodletter.

Congrats blahmcblah.

BlackRaider on
    Bretonnia: nope, guess my guys know this is a lost battle already.

One day I will start not being terrible at playing Khorne, but it is not this day.