As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Prime] Passes Are Arriving!!!

• VanusVanus Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Nullzone wrote: »
    Disco11 wrote: »
    Got my 3 day pass in! Silly question but is that all I need to bring? There seems to be no identification number on them. How do they know its not a fake?

Khoo has teams of ninjas who inspect your badge when you aren't looking.

(What, never seen one of them? Well they wouldn't be very good ninjas if you did!)

False, there are no other ninjas. Just Khoo.

Vanus on
  • evanextremeevanextreme Registered User regular
    Has anyone else not had their 3 day pass arrive yet? I am leaving a week early, could it arrive less than 7 days before PAX starts?

New Yorker. @evanextreme on Twitter. I do a ton of things on the internet.
    I went to East 11, Prime 12, East 13, and will be attending East 15.
  • hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    Has anyone else not had their 3 day pass arrive yet? I am leaving a week early, could it arrive less than 7 days before PAX starts?

Im still waiting on mine to come as well, i got my order of single days but still waiting on my 3 day badge. I believe the word is that if you don't have anything by this friday to shoot an email to pax_questions@paxsite.com and they should tell you what to do!

Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Im still waiting on mine to come as well, i got my order of single days but still waiting on my 3 day badge. I believe the word is that if you don't have anything by this friday to shoot an email to pax_questions@paxsite.com and they should tell you what to do!

This is correct. If you don't get it in your daily mail by Friday evening, shoot pax_questions@paxsite.com an email (or maybe registration@paxsite.com ... or both!) and they'll get you squared away.

• WadeWade KentRegistered User regular
    So I received an envelope with my BYOC badge in it today. However my three day pass was not with it. Has any one else run into this? Should I be concerned that both of my badges were not together? If it makes a difference, I ordered them both at the same time.

• WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    BYOC badges are being mailed out seperately, so I wouldn't worry about that particular fact - in fact, I think you're the first person to report getting a BYOC badge, so thank you!

Otherwise, I'll refer you to @zerzhul 's advice above.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

Wade wrote: »
    So I received an envelope with my BYOC badge in it today. However my three day pass was not with it. Has any one else run into this? Should I be concerned that both of my badges were not together? If it makes a difference, I ordered them both at the same time.

They were not sent together. If you do not have your 3-day pass by Friday, email the emails that I posted earlier.

edited August 2012
    I must have missed that memo, thanks for the heads up! I was a little concerned heh. Hopefully my 3 day comes in tomorrow.

Wade on
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    got my three daily passes..on the friday and saturday passes the sticks are peeling off, to the point i'm kinda

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • PshycoNinjaPshycoNinja Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

They were not sent together. If you do not have your 3-day pass by Friday, email the emails that I posted earlier.

I have emailed and have not received a response about my friends and my badges not arriving. We are leaving for Seattle in about 7 or 8 days and we still don't have them. I am getting quite concerned about this. It will be my birthday that weekend to so it would suck not getting in because someone didn't send out badges.

They get a lot of emails, and don't work weekends as far as I know.

• violetmarmaladevioletmarmalade Registered User new member

I have emailed and have not received a response about my friends and my badges not arriving. We are leaving for Seattle in about 7 or 8 days and we still don't have them. I am getting quite concerned about this. It will be my birthday that weekend to so it would suck not getting in because someone didn't send out badges.

I emailed them on Friday and just got a reply a few minutes ago. I'm sure they will respond to you soon!

I emailed them on Friday and just got a reply a few minutes ago. I'm sure they will respond to you soon!

I got a response and was told the badges weren't sent back so just wait more..... awesome.

• Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    So I'm in Canada an didn't pay for international shipping but 3 byoc passes just arrived in my mailbox. Spiffy.
    A0w0-wECMAAUrOG.jpg

I got a response and was told the badges weren't sent back so just wait more..... awesome.

Thats about where I am at too. They said they have not been sent back and I should email them the 24th if I still have not recieved them. I am getting a little worried now heh. I just hope it gets resolved so I can go...

• JagDarklighterJagDarklighter Registered User new member
    So I'm in Canada an didn't pay for international shipping but 3 byoc passes just arrived in my mailbox. Spiffy.
    A0w0-wECMAAUrOG.jpg

Same here, I didn't want to pay the $15 for international shipping so I chose the pick-up at will call option. Surprisingly, my passes showed up in the mail today. The stamp on the envelope said it cost 85 cents for postage.....

A0w0-wECMAAUrOG.jpg

Same here, I didn't want to pay the $15 for international shipping so I chose the pick-up at will call option. Surprisingly, my passes showed up in the mail today. The stamp on the envelope said it cost 85 cents for postage.....

Fairly certain that the BYOC badges were not related to the other PAX badges as far as shipping and whatnot goes. It's still odd, yes, but this is the first time they've EVER sent out BYOC badges, and they went out totally separately from the PAX badges.

• tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    A0w0-wECMAAUrOG.jpg

Fairly certain that the BYOC badges were not related to the other PAX badges as far as shipping and whatnot goes. It's still odd, yes, but this is the first time they've EVER sent out BYOC badges, and they went out totally separately from the PAX badges.

Well the PAX passes go FedEx international IIRC, it would seem the BYOC passes went USPS (or they have the best FedEx rate I've ever heard of.) So the price disparity doesn't surprise me. Dunno why they opted for standard Post with BYOC passes (my guess is there's less of them to get lost, so problems would be easier to solve since it's an order of magnitude less passes, but it's just a guess.)

• @terrenceisdaman@terrenceisdaman Registered User new member

This is correct. If you don't get it in your daily mail by Friday evening, shoot pax_questions@paxsite.com an email (or maybe registration@paxsite.com ... or both!) and they'll get you squared away.

just sent an email. still worried as I also leave a week early so only leaves three more days for them to show up. but glad I'm not the only one in this situation.
    Thanks for the info, zerzhul

• KahfeeKahfee Registered User new member
    Been bouncing back emails to PAX registration and questions since yesterday. I paid for four 3 day badges on the first hour they were available from the new vendor. I'm basically being told that the badges went to my house and it's my fault for not using FedEx (even though I live in the Seattle area). I was under the impression FedEx was for international buyers only. Not a happy camper right now.

Kahfee wrote: »
    Been bouncing back emails to PAX registration and questions since yesterday. I paid for four 3 day badges on the first hour they were available from the new vendor. I'm basically being told that the badges went to my house and it's my fault for not using FedEx (even though I live in the Seattle area). I was under the impression FedEx was for international buyers only. Not a happy camper right now.

In the same boat right now too. How is it my fault that my badges haven't showed up at my place yet? I didn't send them. I am starting to think the no body knows what is going on with the badges. I am starting to think the badges were neither printed nor sent out to my place. If so I am a very unhappy camper. This is not the experiance I wanted to go through being my first time going to PAX Prime.

• wooperzwooperz Registered User regular
    For what it's worth I got my 3-days a while back, just got my BYOC passes last week. I'm in the US.

ACNL Dream Suite: 5200-2176-8529
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Welp, @Saldek and I still don't have our passes. Time to go into FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- mode and email pax registration.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • OptimusbryOptimusbry Event Designer Long Beach CARegistered User regular
    Looks like there's still a lot of people missing passes, I'm missing 3 sets of single days, though I did get my dev pass. Same answer from pax reg as everyone else, just wait till Friday and email again. Nerve wracking considering I fly out on Monday but I'm trying to keep my hopes up

Nintendo ID: Optimusbry :: Xbox Live: Optimus Bry :: PSN: Optimusbry :: Steam ID: Optimus Bry
    Optimusbry wrote: »
    Looks like there's still a lot of people missing passes, I'm missing 3 sets of single days, though I did get my dev pass. Same answer from pax reg as everyone else, just wait till Friday and email again. Nerve wracking considering I fly out on Monday but I'm trying to keep my hopes up

In that case they'll probably have you pick them up at will call. Same thing for me more than likely.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • dreamninjadreamninja Registered User regular
    I would officially like to thank PAX for ruining what would have been my first time there...instead now I have shelled out $140 and was told "Unfortunately, we have shipped your badges to the address in your registration. They were shipped out USPS and we have not received anything back from them in your name. Please contact your local post office to see if they are there"

Why would they tell us to wait until some random day and then just have no resolution available?

@dreamninja When do you leave for PAX? Email them again on Monday if you can and tell them the situation.

wWuzwvJ.png
    @dreamninja
    Just keep in communication with them, make sure they know all your details and your situation. I'm in the same boat and I've been talking with them for the past week. Since I'm flying out so soon they told me to bring all my registration papers as well as a printout of our emails and they would get me my passes there. Don't fret, I don't know of any time someone has gotten screwed out of a legit pass, PAX takes care of its people.

Nintendo ID: Optimusbry :: Xbox Live: Optimus Bry :: PSN: Optimusbry :: Steam ID: Optimus Bry
  • Yuffie1972Yuffie1972 SEATTLERegistered User regular
    [img][/img]7855026728_b0fdf8470e.jpg

• JohnSanesJohnSanes Registered User regular
    So I am also having the issue of not getting my badges yet. And the responses I have been getting from client services are not heartening. How many other people have not gotten their 3 days badges as of yet?

• jkiinmjkiinm Registered User new member
    edited August 2012
    I've yet to get my 2 Saturday only badges. I've been emailing the people at pax back and worth for the past couple of week and the only thing they kept telling me was to keep waiting. Well I just got another email back today and all i get is this?

Unfortunately, we have not received your badges back from the US postal service. Please contact you post office to see if they have any record of your shipment or if they have it there. You will need those badges to gain entrance to PAX.

That's all i get from them? This is absolutely rediculous. I paid good money for those badges and have been looking forward to PAX for months now. I thought they would offer to have my pick up my badges at will call so I didn't worry too much about them not coming but this abosolutely ludicious. I emailed them back, hopefully they are willing to work with me, but at the moment i'm absolutely furious.

jkiinm on
    I got the same thing, and conformation from my post office that they do not have them and never did. This seems to be a not uncommon problem this year.

• JenaelynnJenaelynn Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Help please!!

This is my first year going to pax prime, and i bought two tickets i think the day they sold out, but i had them sent to
    my parents house where i was living, then i moved. but my mom and dad still live there so i had them send me the two badges
    and they never showed up and its 3 days till pax! is there anyway that i can go up to the main "guy"
    and show the piece of paper with the bar code on it that says i bought two tickets???
    please get back to me soon!
    thank you so much!

Jenaelynn on
    I see that ppl look at this... please somebody comment (:

This is not a customer service forum.

Keep in mind that the number of people on the forum is a small percentage of those who go to pax. Also the people who didn't get their badges on the forum is an even smaller percentage. In any system there are occasional failures. In this case, it's probably an extremely small number, but of course those will be vocal.

As to the level of customer service you're receiving... that's a different matter entirely. In the past I've never heard these sort of panicky stories, and always heard good things about people being helped when their badges did not arrive. I'll try to push this info where I can, but in the meantime keep trying emails.

• GeekyPrincessGeekyPrincess Registered User regular
    Send an email to pax_questions@paxsite.com and tell them your problem, not sure what kind of response you'll get especially since they made it to the address on file.

Good luck.

Cookie Brigade Prime 2011 and 2012!
    Shipping cookies for Prime 2013
    Thank you so much!

To be honest, I think part of the issue is the response.
    "Hello (edited),

Unfortunately, we have not received your tickets back from the US Postal Service. Please contact your post office to see if they have them there and are holding them for any reason. Also check to see if they have any record of them coming in or being delivered. If you do not receive your badges, you will not be able to attend PAX Prime. These badges are just like concert tickets or a pro sporting game; you will not be able to enter without your ticket/badge.

Thank you,

(edited)
    Client Services

It seems a lot of people are being told "Not our fault, and if they do not show up, you can not go." for this issue. Now we did check with the post office, they have nothing, so that has been passed back, but to be honest we have been doing the email thing for like a week with no alternative offered. One of the things that is getting to me and (I presume) others, is being treated like we lost the badges or are telling a lie.

Yeah, like I said, from what I've heard before this PAX, that was not the case in the past. Sucks that it is now, but there's not much that can be done from the forums here, as they are not customer support forums, they're community forums.

I'm in the same boat with missing 3 sets of single day passes, however I was told to bring my registration papers as well as a copy of the email conversation with reg to the pax dev registration desk and they would get my missing pax passes sorted out. I don't know if they told me that because I'm attending pax dev but I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for regular prime attendees. It seems like a shipment of passes just vanished somewhere. As frustrating and concerning as it is all anyone can really do is keep communications open with reg and bring all your paperwork and documents with you to pax. Ask them straight out in an email if you can pick up your tickets at will call and hopefully there will be an official statement from someone who knows what happened to these passes. I can't imagine they would just tell all of us tough shit and have us lose out on the hundreds of dollars we've already paid for these.

This discussion has been closed.