As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

RIP Neil Armstrong

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    The only things that would qualify for beating walking on The Fucking Moon as an achievement would be walking on Mars, or eliminating one of the following: poverty, hunger, war or cancer.

That's pretty much the list, right there.

sig.gif
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    "complications from heart surgery"

or did the moon curse finally strike
    It is not a very effective curse.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Uriel wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    "complications from heart surgery"

or did the moon curse finally strike
    It is not a very effective curse.

No, it's just that everyone who's gone to the moon is a king among men

Javen on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I have a lot of respect for astronauts.

They are smart, athletic, courageous and more.

They are our superheroes.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Everyone who's been to the moon has safely made their way back to Earth.

If anything, I'd call it a blessing.

sig.gif
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    too good for this earth

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Neil and Spacebat are out there somewhere hanging out.

Neil lived a baller life. He lived a long life. I'm not telling anyone else how to feel about this, but I'm not sad. I'm happy for the dude living such a great life and being such a great dude. Party on in space, Neil.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

I'd call it a testament to our collective resolve and a strong indication that we have to be getting at least some of this whole science thing right

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular

seriously think about this shit

"hey we're going to put you in a big metal tube and basically make a HUGE FUCKING EXPLOSION and try to launch you to the moon. we don't know if you'll explode instantly or if you'll make it into space or if you'll hit the moon once you do. then once you're up there and didn't die in the landing, walk around, get back in the tube, and try it again, and this time careen madly down towards earth. sound good?"

how many of us would have the sack to go up there and do it

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure if I saw someone disrespecting Buzz Aldrin in front of me I'd have to take a swing at them.

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Mankind's greatest achievement: deep fried Oreos.

Walking on the moon is second, of course

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »

"hey we're going to put you in a big metal tube and basically make a HUGE FUCKING EXPLOSION and try to launch you to the moon. we don't know if you'll explode instantly or if you'll make it into space or if you'll hit the moon once you do. then once you're up there and didn't die in the landing, walk around, get back in the tube, and try it again, and this time careen madly down towards earth. sound good?"

Also there was a fear they would all get killed by space germs.

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    oh man i forgot all about spacebat

lfYVHTd.png
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    lostwords wrote: »
    Mankind's greatest achievement: deep fried Snickers bars.

Walking on the moon is second, of course

Fixed.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    moon22.jpg

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

You fuckin kidding me? I would jump on that so fucking fast you'd hear a sonic boom

JtgVX0H.png
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Neil Armstrong made it easy to be proud of humanity. Not many people can say that.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote: »
    Richard Nixon's speech if Apollo 11 failed was a powerful one,

I'm just glad he never had to read it.

Oh man this is powerful stuff.
    These two men are laying down their lives in mankind's most noble goal: the search for truth and understanding. They will be mourned by their families and friends; they will be mourned by their nation; they will be mourned by the people of the world; they will be mourned by a Mother Earth that dared send two of her sons into the unknown.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    Neil and Spacebat are out there somewhere hanging out.

Neil lived a baller life. He lived a long life. I'm not telling anyone else how to feel about this, but I'm not sad. I'm happy for the dude living such a great life and being such a great dude. Party on in space, Neil.

Yeah, this is kind of my opinion. It does suck that he died, and I'm sad when nearly anyone dies, but dude had a nice long life, so it's not like he died super young.

It's kinda like when my grandfather died. He was 92. That's a pretty good age to live to!

I think plenty of people would have jumped at the chance to go to space. More importantly, those early astronauts also had the determination and the intelligence to be the ones good enough to be selected.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    Darmak wrote: »

You fuckin kidding me? I would jump on that so fucking fast you'd hear a sonic boom

that sounds like a one way trip to being dead to me

on the other hand, you get more ass than a toilet seat at taco bell if you make it back

dbrock270 wrote: »
    moon22.jpg

"These people are in a tiny box! That's funny!"

sig.gif
    Buttlord expects that everyone else is the simpering coward he is.

belruelotterav-1.jpg

on the other hand, you get more ass than a toilet seat at taco bell if you make it back

Exactly

JtgVX0H.png

I hope their wives understood.

sig.gif
  • ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    I was explaining someone the other day how I would totally jump on the opportunity to go into space, even in the face of the high probability of death. He couldn't comprehend that I'd risk death just to see space. I can't comprehend that anyone WOULDN'T.

EyQGd.jpg
    ThreeCubed wrote: »
    I was explaining someone the other day how I would totally jump on the opportunity to go into space, even in the face of the high probability of death. He couldn't comprehend that I'd risk death just to see space. I can't comprehend that anyone WOULDN'T.
    now, when we've had some practice? fuck yes i'll go into space

then, when we just FIGURED we had it down? nahhhhhhhhh

• ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    *slowly shakes head*

God...dammit.

RIP, good sir.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist

Nah, I totally get where you're coming from. But I'd still take the chance to go into space

JtgVX0H.png
    Seriously. It's motherfucking space.

Well, to be fair as more and more people get into space, just getting there loses some of the magic. Like climbing Mt. Everest. Climbing Everest doesn't really seem all that magical nowadays. It's still cool, but you pretty much just need to be pretty fit and have the cash to throw down and they'll take you to the summit barring terrible weather.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    Druhim wrote: »
    Seriously. It's motherfucking space.

Well, to be fair as more and more people get into space, just getting there loses some of the magic. Like climbing Mt. Everest. Climbing Everest doesn't really seem all that magical nowadays. It's still cool, but you pretty much just need to be pretty fit and have the cash to throw down and they'll take you to the summit barring terrible weather.

sometimes they'll take you to the summit anyway

you just die

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    man I don't want to go to space. I can barely deal with how big the ocean is

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    As bad as I feel about his passing, I can't even begin to imagine what it's like for the people who were operating on him

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular

see i'm just the opposite

i love the idea of just infinite space

i want to experience even just that little part of it

be there, be in awe of it

just thinking about it makes my skin tingle

lfYVHTd.png

Nah, I totally get where you're coming from. But I'd still take the chance to go into space

Same.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    God DAMN IT

neil armstrong posthumously elected god-emperor of mankind

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Son of a...

RIP Neil Armstrong. Without you, my childhood would have been more boring.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

The ocean scares me much more then space. The ocean just terrifies me.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09