As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]New thread before bed. Go post in it when your not busy PLAYING!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    I can't wait until i can actually mail crap to my guildmates, or use the trading post. Ah, launch woes. At least the game is playable, and oh so fun.

I wish I could just hand shit to my wife's character instead of having to mail it. :(

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    eirlous wrote: »
    Anyone have a problem with people in party being in different instances? I can't get people together, defeats the purpose of having a party.

Yes. It seems almost like members are in different overflow servers, but the game thinks they're together because they're in overflow. Once one of the two of us could enter the main server we could "Join In" with the other person right away.

Annoying thing is if you do any instanced quests (story mostly) you are often dumped into different overflows again.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    Time to go to bed, it seems. At least I managed to get to level 13 =_=

Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    I can't wait until i can actually mail crap to my guildmates, or use the trading post. Ah, launch woes. At least the game is playable, and oh so fun.

I wish I could just hand shit to my wife's character instead of having to mail it. :(

It's funny, because in the beta some people were like "why is there no face to face trade interface?" and other people were like "You're dumb, you can just mail stuff anywhere anytime!" Which is great, unless you know, the mail server is getting pummeled in the ass and many people playing the game can't even mail a single thing. Ah well, it'll be fixed soon enough I'm sure.

• Options
    JacksWastedLifeJacksWastedLife Registered User regular
    Thought I could hold out until next weekend and I might have time to actually play the game. Turns out I was wrong. Currently I am fighting with registration timeouts :(

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I got up to 13 this game is tons if fun.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Thought I could hold out until next weekend and I might have time to actually play the game. Turns out I was wrong. Currently I am fighting with registration timeouts :(

Seems to be a lost cause. I've been trying on and off for hours and it just doesn't work.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    wavecutterwavecutter Registered User regular
    When will fort Aspenwood not be full I wonder?

• Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    Wait, Fort Aspenwood is full? Does that mean I won't be able to make it my home server when I log in later tonight?

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    so i was hoping to do sword/pistol mesmer but it just didn't feel that good.

greatsword mesmer is the best though.

She is unexpectedly my current highest lvl character right now though and a noble von kraken.

should have done the slyvari mesmer i had planned originally because it seems boring being a human in a fantasy game in concept.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Greatsword, more like bestsword.

But also great.

• Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    The Fellsword is a reward from the hall. Have you unlocked that?

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    The Hall thingy from Guild Wars 1? I didn't do none of that baloney!

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    The registration errors seem to be cleared up.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    JacksWastedLifeJacksWastedLife Registered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »
    The registration errors seem to be cleared up.

Yes this! Although now I get a useless JSON string returned when I click the link in my email to "Activate" my account

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Is there any way to change clothing colour after creating a character? I didn't realize it was an option until just now. :P

No biggie if not, the default is plenty good.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Is there any way to change clothing colour after creating a character? I didn't realize it was an option until just now. :P

No biggie if not, the default is plenty good.
    Right above your equip slots there's a little eyedroper icon that switches it to dye mode

• Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    I love this game, but the active combat is something I'm having trouble with in general, mostly because my mouseturning skills are pretty poor.

I think I'll have to stick with classes other than thief for that reason. I've tried doing a controller but I can't quite make it work.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Guys shortbow ranger is so great. It shoots soooooooo fast. Its insane. If you are behind someone you just flood them with bleeds.
    Its just super fun to feel like you are machine gunning dudes for free with a damn bow.

• Options
    The short bow is great on the thief too. Dat AoE.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I am really liking dagger/dagger elementalist. I'm pretty sure that's what I'm gonna stick with while soloing while carrying a staff around for groups.

• Options
    kevindeekevindee Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    So how about that fire elemental in metrica, I hear he got nerfed bad:

PSYCHE

gw004g.jpg

kevindee on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I like Rifle Warrior way too much I think.

Also Ding 100% Wayfarer's

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    yeah, rifle warrior is a lot of fun. hitting things with the butt of the rifle never gets old.

the sporadic and sometimes constant ability lag due to, i'd imagine, servers being so busy is kind of hurting my enjoyment. hopefully it gets cleared up soon.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    "but dad, i want goats blood"

• Options
    VanityPantsVanityPants Gokai Red! Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    The short bow is great on the thief too. Dat AoE.

This is what I'm doing now and loving it. I'm using the bow whenever I can because it's just so much fun.

It is the best to shoot a dude with the bow and then switch to sword/dagger, teleport over to him, whack him around and then teleport back and shoot him some more. The combat in this game is seriously fun!

Gokai_zpsdvyiviz0.png
  • Options
    Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    So I just found a lvl 80 exotic shield in Caledon Forest (Sylvari starting area), wtf? Is this worth anything?WSGsO.jpg

...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
  • Options
    NabobNabob Registered User regular
    Are they patching this game like crazy right now? I left the client downloading overnight last night since I hadn't played since the 2nd beta weekend and got on in the morning and made all my characters before work. I came home to start playing and there is another 200k files I have to download before I can play...

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    Caps raised according to GW2 twitter. Get on Fort Aspenwood if you didn't make it in earlier.

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    200k files is the whole game, that's not good.

The last patch was about 12 hours ago, and was about 35mb.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Anyone else on aspenwood experiencing crushing lag right now?

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Lag is noticeable, but not too unreasonable for combat.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    So I just found a lvl 80 exotic shield in Caledon Forest (Sylvari starting area), wtf? Is this worth anything?WSGsO.jpg

Hell yes. Nice find. I want one!

Edit: Good lord crafting in this game consumes your soul. I spent the last hour crafting up all sorts of shit with all of the mats I saved for the entire Norn starting area.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

Nice. Out of curiosity what level were you when you found that?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Has anyone been doing any WvW? Jade Quarry is wrecking.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Damn people are dumb. Got a quest that we get points for killing mobs, killing machinery and reviving guards. I am waiting for this turret to kill these two guards and boom Mr. IKeelEvrathang comes along and kills the turret with the guards going to die in one more blast. No Mr. IKeel lets stay here longer because this area has like 3 spawns.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    I just ran in to one of you.

"Membership is firm" indeed.

• Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    So are ginvites still broken ? I'm sad and alone

• Options
    SudobyteSudobyte Guild Assassin Registered User regular
    Man, that last Point of interest in Lion's Arch is a pain to get to. Didn't help that nobody in the city would help me or anyone else who was asking.
    For those who can't find it and don't want to spend way too much time hunting for it, start from Trade Forum waypoint, jump in the water, follow the stream a short distance and go in the broken sewer tunnel entrance. Follow that tunnel and there it is. This is the PoI north of Eastern Ward, the entrance is just nowhere near there.
    I know, nobody here asked, but just in case it helps.

• Options
    Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

Nice. Out of curiosity what level were you when you found that?

15. It was in the chest you loot after the end of the blighted event chain (after you kill the mega worm that takes like 20 people)

...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
This discussion has been closed.