As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Why isn't there a Justice League thread?

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I have a question. When Bats, Supes, and Diana were talking about how they needed a "tank", the name Victor came up. Cyborg and Question are the only Victors I can think of off the top of my head. Are there any other superfolk named Victor that are more traditionally associated with the JLA?

Munch on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2006
    I think he was talking about Cyborg. Since, you know, Cyborg is like three times as old as the oldest Teen Titan.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Keith wrote:
    I think he was talking about Cyborg. Since, you know, Cyborg is like three times as old as the oldest Teen Titan.

"Why are you STILL a Teen Titan?"
    "Because Batman is so afraid to make me look like the 'token black guy' he hasn't brought me on the team yet."

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Keith wrote:

"Because Batman is so afraid to make me look like the 'token black guy' he hasn't brought me on the team yet."

I think Cyborg was one of the first big rumors of who was going to be on the Justice League, as DiDio or Meltzer said one of the Teen Titans would be 'graduating' to the Justice League.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    RocielRociel Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Keith wrote:

I think Cyborg was one of the first big rumors of who was going to be on the Justice League, as DiDio or Meltzer said one of the Teen Titans would be 'graduating' to the Justice League.

We all know who it probably is though don't we? Bart. A 7 year old is going to join the Justice League.

Rociel on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx.
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Rociel wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Keith wrote:

We all know who it probably is though don't we? Bart. A 7 year old is going to join the Justice League.
    I think they meant

[spoiler:25a3a80598]Roy[/spoiler:25a3a80598]

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I like how they took the orginal cover posted on the DC site and redrew a bunch of people in it for the B varaint cover. I'ma little bummed that there's isn't going to be a Green Arrow/Hal Jordan A variant cover now though.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2006
    Rociel wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Keith wrote:

Technically he's like negative a thousand years old.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    watchthesparkswatchthesparks Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    i haven't been reading the new wonder woman, but has it been explained why ww is donna troy in that book but diana is reforming the jla as ww?

watchthesparks on
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2006
    i haven't been reading the new wonder woman, but has it been explained why ww is donna troy in that book but diana is reforming the jla as ww?

It's pretty heavily hinted that Donna's status as the new Wonder Woman was only a temporary one, and that Diana will be back with her Diana Price secret identity.

You should read the new Wonder Woman. Great art, great writing. Given its scheduling pace, you might want to wait for the trade.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Rociel wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Keith wrote:

I think they meant

[spoiler:9c01f9af3d]Roy[/spoiler:9c01f9af3d]

Axe man..you got my back. Much love bro..much love.

Yo.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Man, Batman's picks were all pretty great. Kyle, Cyborg, Bart, Captain Marvel. That would be one hell of a League.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Kyle is the best human lantern.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Though, it's kind of questionable as to whether he's human or a Lantern at this point.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Though, it's kind of questionable as to whether he's human or a Lantern at this point.
    or readable.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

or readable.

The Ion miniseries is far from perfect, but the last couple of issues have been fun. At least no one was stuck in a refrigerator.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    I love how even though he's lightened up considerably since IC, Batman can still be a dick.

"Is that Wally?"

"It's a placeholder"

Or for Hal..

"He's still the best"

"That hasn't been proven. Both Kyle and John have-- "

Ol' Bats hasn't lost it yet.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    [spoiler:d417e396de]I am betting Power Girl and maybe Martian Manhunter will turn them down. Not in a, "Thanks but no thanks" way, but a "Fuck you, you made a satellite that shit out evil cyborgs" way.[/spoiler:d417e396de]

Lux on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    "...Carter is a warrior AND a leader, Bruce."

I really want to know what was being said just prior to that.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Man, Batman's picks were all pretty great. Kyle, Cyborg, Bart, Captain Marvel. That would be one hell of a League.

Man.

We are coming ever closer to the League becoming heroes who started as sidekicks or weren't exactly "big time" yet.

Maybe Robin will graduate to Batman one day? If Conner wasn't dead, he'd probably be Superman...Shit, the Teen Titans for a while were "Justice League Jr."

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    grendel824_grendel824_ Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Boo! Charlie Vickers 4 life, yo! :P

grendel824_ on
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Also: of course Bats is a geek, remember that JLU episode where he'd been trolling Hawkgirl message boards? He probably has a +7 cowl of intellect for special occasions when he has to be extra-sneaky.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    bobgorila wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Also: of course Bats is a geek, remember that JLU episode where he'd been trolling Hawkgirl message boards? He probably has a +7 cowl of intellect for special occasions when he has to be extra-sneaky.

Yeah but in true comical faction I could see

'Hey man, who are you?'
    "I'm Batman"
    "<_<"
    ">_>"
    ~Exits Hawkgirl Fan Chatroom~

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

or readable.

Isn't that the truth... honestly, I was looking forward to Ion because of Kyle's fucking awesomeness... but right now the only readable thing in the GL universe has been Recharged... but I guess Kilowag just makes everything better.

Edit: Doh... I meant GL Corps... Hal's series is pretty hit and miss...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    I heard Green Lantern Corps and Hal's series were pretty good right now. Funny thing is, I have all of the issues for both (since OYL for Hal), and have only read the first issue of each.

Whenever I go to read them, I just decide not to.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    We're sorta reading GL, but I'm having a hard time getting into it. We got the first issue of Ion and I was bored to tears, so we've not gotten anymore of that. Green Lantern Corps though, fuck I love Green Lantern Corps. It's flippin' awesome to have a steady income of Kilowog and Guy Gardner.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    RocielRociel Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    We're sorta reading GL, but I'm having a hard time getting into it. We got the first issue of Ion and I was bored to tears, so we've not gotten anymore of that. Green Lantern Corps though, fuck I love Green Lantern Corps. It's flippin' awesome to have a steady income of Kilowog and Guy Gardner.

Actually, the last few issues of Ion have been really good. It took a few issues but it's rather good now. I haven't been reading Hal's series out of bitterness (Kyle fo' lyfe) and because I think Hal had better potential as Parallax/Spectre. But it's been getting good comments so I might have to go against my gut instinct and pick up some back issues.

Rociel on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    bobgorila wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Yeah but in true comical faction I could see

'Hey man, who are you?'
    "I'm Batman"
    "<_<"
    ">_>"
    ~Exits Hawkgirl Fan Chatroom~

GothamKnight: Doodz wtf she ttly fuxd the JL up.
    PunchBuggyBlue: Dude who cares she's hot lol
    GothamKnight: WTF ever u guys r retarded.
    *GOTHAMKNIGHT has been kicked from the channel by PunchBuggyBlue*
    *GOTHAMKNIGHT has been banned from the channel PunchBuggyBlue*

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    rchourchou Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Rociel wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

Actually, the last few issues of Ion have been really good. It took a few issues but it's rather good now. I haven't been reading Hal's series out of bitterness (Kyle fo' lyfe) and because I think Hal had better potential as Parallax/Spectre. But it's been getting good comments so I might have to go against my gut instinct and pick up some back issues.

Yeah Ion has really picked up. It's got some great action and the mystery is getting more and more compelling. Definitely worth a read.

rchou on
  • Options
    tombomb666tombomb666 Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    "What has he been back now, seven times?"
    "Six."
    "Seven."

Oh, Batman. Superman should know better than to correct him.

tombomb666 on
  • Options
    TankTank Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    So how old is Cyborg? I thought he was just a little older than Nightwing.

Tank on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Damnit, I just got back from the shop, and my copy of Justice League has this fucked up tear/fold thing on a couple pages.

I hate it when that happens.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Damnit, I just got back from the shop, and my copy of Justice League has this fucked up tear/fold thing on a couple pages.

Hmm, do comic book shops honor returns for hidden damage like this?

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:

Hmm, do comic book shops honor returns for hidden damage like this?
    Mine has. It's worth a try.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    This is all I have to say about the Justice League:
    13.jpg

Bucketman on
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    It felt good. Didn't it?

That's pretty hot.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    And thats how Batman shattered the bones in his fist.

"Bruce, stop scratching underneath your cast"

"Fuck you Clark."

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    bobgorila wrote:
    It felt good. Didn't it?

That's pretty hot.

Like hiding Ollie's arrows.

Double hot.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Guys I am such a sucker for variant covers that are related to each other.

I bought both of the Benes cover. I did the same thing with those Bat-Family/Bat-Villains Hush covers.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Guys I am such a sucker for variant covers that are related to each other.

I bought both of the Benes cover. I did the same thing with those Bat-Family/Bat-Villains Hush covers.

Had it not been a big DC Direct day, I probably would of done the same, but I had to settle for one side of the picture. If anyone remembers Mr. Burns trying to decide between ketchup and catsup at the grocery store in the Simpsons, you'll know what I looked like at the shop.

Bad Karma on