As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]Democratic File System: And The Winner Is...

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The antici......

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    DMS: Cycle 10 over.
    DMS: System detects the folder is almost empty.
    DMS: Zerinan deleted. (malware detected!)
    DMS: Bliss 101 deleted. (malware detected!)
    DMS: Plutonium deleted.

DMS: 3 files remaining.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Fuck.

Edit: Oh and ....pation.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ooooOOOOoooOOOOOoooo

Oh well.

It's been fun. Good luck!

oooOOOOooOOOoooo...

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Waiting for PM....waiting for PM.

Grundl is you're a thrall I'm going to never forgive you.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ooooOOOOoooo

Good Luck Guys!

Plutonium on
    edited July 2007
    Alright, I don't need to never forgive you.

Good game Infidel.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ooo

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Those are much longer than "Aw, shucks." Please continue this conversation via PM.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ... there's the three of us remaining?

Well, last time I backstabbed someone in my network, they were simply innocent and it was just my paranoia. I'm going to go with the faith people put into Grundl (although looking through posts quickly it doesn't look like it was very solid) so you better not be malware you son of a bitch.

!vote DevoutlyApathetic

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited July 2007
    Oh, and what praytell is the PM you were waiting for? :)

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wow, this is strange... one of these two are malware and my vote will decide which one dies... and I've been in networks with both of them.

Now, I really doubt DA was malware. Even though Variable's public runtime was the same as DA's (malware detector) and Variable ended up being a malware file himself, DA put a lot of innocents together to form a network.... very dangerous if he were malware.

Infidel, I know not to trust you now. It's a good thing we never completely trusted you on the network boards... although you did have me fooled.

I think you promised to vote for yourself every day 1 from now on, yes?

!vote Infidel

Edit: this post has some new information, but since we're so close to the end of the game and there are (hopefully) no more surprises I don't think it's a big deal to reveal this here

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2007
    My starting runtime was the suicide guardian, and the reason you all trusted me was because of that.

I'm innocent, malware wins if you don't change your vote. Or hell, maybe Grundl is actually the malware himself, especially if that's true about DA having a rather sizable network.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited July 2007
    Thats the reason FWD let you on the network... but we made a separate secret board because we couldn't trust you 100%.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2007
    And why did they trust you 100%?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited July 2007
    Seriously, I'm innocent.

I assume DA targets me, is claiming he has the malware sweeper, and confirms me as malware? Uhh, didn't we have other ideas for his ability?

Defunker, Defunker, Plutonium, Frandelgearslip, TehSpectre, nobody, Grundlterror, Zerinan, the wook, threelemmings, Infidel

Why did he target Defunker twice then? Why did he miss targeting on cycle 5, when he posted at least a dozen times and was highly active at that point. Why didn't he expose Zerinan, who should have seered as malware? He lived for a couple cycles more, did he indicate in his "network" the results of Zerinan? His only mention of him was the above-mentioned target, and him jumping on the Zerinan cycle 10 bandwagon after a you and others already had.

Or is he the final malware who targets one of us, tells the other "omg I seered him bad!" and wins the game?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited July 2007
    Nice try. He seer'd Defunker twice because he was blocked once by a suppressor. He seer'd Zerinan and told us about him being evil, and he attempted to control his kills before we killed him off.

I was invited on a network (after i was seered) consisting of Plutonium, Frandelgearslip and TehSpectre.

Everything checks out for him... unfortunately for you :(

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2007
    Well DA is lying about me so you must be innocent, if both of you were malware the game would be over. :P

Feel free to investigate this further, or sit on your ass until 11pm and lose the game.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited July 2007
    Is that a threat?

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2007
    DA, you got anything to add here? Your absence is making me uncomfortable.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2007
    Eh.

For me the one worrisome scenario is that you're a thrall and that Infidel is a miller. At this point I'm rating that scenario as incredibly unlikely, given your actions regarding the network and Infidel's near silence in the thread.

Actually with his ability, why hasn't he made himself more of a target? His death earlier would have bought us an entire extra day.

Regardless, choosing to disregard the above scenario as unlikely my course of action is clear. I appreciate that you don't get PMs of unvarnished truth from the GM, I'm just not certain what I can say to allay your discomfort.

I'll be away for the next few hours with work. I'll hopefully be able to check in later tonight.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited July 2007
    As you mentioned already Grundl, the other person we know had this ability was malware apparently.

If you have any questions then shoot. DA is the one who jumped on this to subvert you, does it look like I'm so lazy that I'd let the good guys win without my interference? :D

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited July 2007
    Ok first of all, I've been in networks with both of these people where each person was the only unproven innocent. This has been a very hard decision to make. Both of these people have made excellent attempts at seeming innocent.

I was reading through infidel's posts, and he was one of the first people to jump on the Tofu bandwagon... which says a lot especially when the other target was The Wook, who turned up innocent. I know that whoever is the final werewolf virus was on the same team as Tofu and Vic.

Also, DA should be dead by now. Add to that the fact that I told DA to have Zerinan target infidel the other night so the malware would get no kills and he didn't do it. Curious, especially since what contributed to it, apparently, was his inactivity (which he earlier called Life3 out about).

Finally, Infidel offered to kill himself to help us out and while it may have been a risk he took to completely throw the scent off of him... I'm willing to trust that it was for the greater good.

I hope I'm right about this. Like I said, it was a very tough decision to make.

!retract Infidel
    !vote DevoutlyApathetic

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited July 2007
    It sucks that you're throwing it away now Grundl.

I asked Zerinan to kill Infidel, by that time he seemed to have realized he was in trouble.

I've been slow to jump on any bandwagon lately because I've been trying to lay low once the network got going. I was trying to have Plutonium and you standing here with me. It may have come down to that last night, with Plutonium giving his life so I could find Infidel...

This is going to be a sucky way to end this, but I understand how you could think it. I should have been dead awhile ago and I don't understand it either.

Edit: I realized the above statement is just what it comes down to. We got played somehow and I was set up. Sorry guys.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited July 2007
    Nicely constructed game Thorgot.

With my targets it should be obvious I was the seer and who seers the seer? Thus he's the one vulnerable to being used as the scapegoat.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited July 2007
    Like I said, I'm sorry if I chose wrong. This was a pretty hard decision to make. Infidel, I'll hate you forever if you are the final malware >_<

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Dun dun dun!

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The reveal post is going to be like seventy pages long.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So now it's a deleted files free-for-all?

The recycle bin speaks!

Edit: I meant to say "files". Really.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    C:\

Threelemmings on
    edited July 2007
    An interesting game. I'm at a friend's house. I guess I'll just post the deaths now, and the narration and game rules in half an hour or so.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited July 2007
    mwuahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha
    j/k

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited July 2007
    Files removed: DevoutlyApathetic (malware removed!)

System restored, village wins, yadda yadda yadda.

Lots and lots more in less than half an hour.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Hell yeah!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I so called it.
    DËTHKÖK wrote: »
    Hrm. Or, it's quite possible that the "seer" that I'm in contact with is actually a malware, and is trying to manipulate the bandwagon onto Bliss 101. le sigh.

Although, fucking kudos to DA. I knew something was up with him, but I couldn't really do anything against him. I had hoped that that post I had made would have gotten the other network'd chaps suspicious, but..

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    edited July 2007
    Good game DA and Grundl.

Good game everyone.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • SkulkSkulk Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This was a good game, though I went out early.

Skulk on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Gj dudes!

Plutonium on
    edited July 2007
    Came down to Grundl, glad he believed me and took the time to look it over. :)

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I was thinking it was DA, since he was the only one who didn't claim to be innocent. :P (I think)

Wait, I should've been rooting for him... technically...

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png