As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] OLD THREAD LEAVE GO BYE SEE YA

19495969798100»

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I am Pacal wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    I am Pacal wrote: »
    I also miss the combat of ME1. For real.

when is the last time you played it

June, I think. I know I am in the minority here, but for me:

Walking up to guys and shooting them in the face with my shotgun = Fun.
    Crouching in cover = Not fun.

I play Bioware games for the stories, and combat is usually just something I have to do advance the storyline. In ME1 combat was actually fun since it was (at least on casual) so easy. In ME2 and ME3 it became a chore.

(Edited for typos)

sounds like vanguard is your class

and narrative is your difficulty mode

Absolutely this. Narrative means that you just can't die, so you aren't forced to use cover at all and can do whatever you want on the battlefield. Including charging everything and Falcon Punching it to death.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    I feel like I chose wisely promoting soldier. Even at level one the Destroyer is absurd.

I should have just gone straight into a gold and seen if anyone even noticed.

I can't remember what my N7 score was before I promoted Adept and Soldier last night but I figured out once I get them (and engineer) back up to 20 I should be at 330 N7, but I swear that my math beforehand should have put me at 340.

Does anyone remember exactly how many promotions we've had for events in the past? I.E. what your N7 score should be if you've only ever promoted for events and then gotten things back to 20? Because if it's 330 I'm fine. But if I was right and it should be 340 I don't think the game counted the 10pts I should have gotten for one of the promotions last night.

i've only ever promoted for event weekends and my n7 after the two promotions for this op is indeed 330

so you're good

also there's nothing like an op weekend to remind me why i never promote

low-level play SUCKS

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    gah what the hell, i buy a bunch of points ready for dlc, i buy the weapon pack, this leaves me 1040, i figure i'd spend 240 on a premium spectre pack which leaves me 800 points left for tuesday. i buy the pack, the points get deduced.. but what the fuck? no goddamn pack opens, i get nothing, 240 points just.. gone.

serves me right for thinking i could get a krogod this way.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    You got something, sometimes it just f's up and doesn't show you what you got, but trust me they didn't just eat your money.

And I finally got the destroyer! Woo go go roboterminator!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    DLC drops Tuesday, right?

Fuck, and my computer is out of commission.

This summer has not been good for gaming.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    You got something, sometimes it just f's up and doesn't show you what you got, but trust me they didn't just eat your money.

And I finally got the destroyer! Woo go go roboterminator!

i checked my characters and weapons, i got nothing new, no upgrades either.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    DLC drops Tuesday, right?

Fuck, and my computer is out of commission.

This summer has not been good for gaming.

I'm broke this until next friday so I won't be able to get it right away either. Shit sucks.

• Options
    OMG i rebooted origin and got the pack when it loaded up.

I GOT A KROGOD! FINALLY!

hahahBWHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Can't afford $10? :/

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Some people are on the bleeding edge finanically, so probably not.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2012

I was on disability for the last month and a fuckup happened that ended up in me not getting paid at all.

So I was pretty much living off my savings account. Which disappears fast when you have bills to pay/books to buy.

Dragkonias on