As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 Costumes

• arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    Where are all the pics everyone!! We have less than a week to go and there are *almost* no pics on this thread! Bring em on! Show us a preview!

I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • etherealvisionetherealvision Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    PAXCostume.jpg I am The Gentleman. I may shave before then though, plus this picture is bad

etherealvision on
    Let there be games!
    That's what I'm talkin about!!

Very lovely tophat sir =D

I should go.
  • ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    ^ Nice bow tie.
    Laemkral wrote: »
    I've decided to do a cosplay. I'll be one of the assuredly plentiful Doctors running around, though I'm only going to wear the costume on Sunday. So, if Sunday you see the Tenth Doctor with a way too short haircut (I could never ever get away with growing the proper hair and sideburns without taking a month of leave prior to PAX) walking around...that's me. Especially if he has a Bag of Holding for his Sonic Screwdriver.

This is just me slowly succumbing a bit more to cosplaying, which will inevitably result in me coming one year dressed as the me in my avatar.
    Hope to see you roaming around then! I've been having similar trouble with the hair -- 11th's hair has been a bit of a chore, but definitely worth it! I doubt I'd be able to get the sideburns down for 10 in time either.
    Bit of a coincidence with the bag of holding. I've chosen the exact same bag this year.

@arwen_doll16_LOTR I've been holding back for a bit, but here's what I've accumulated at this point:
    cc1_resized.jpg
    No hair product in that photo to keep it up, but that will change. Still going in the series 5 tweed, as I last posted.

Zombicus on
    Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus
    Ooo I just recently got into Doctor Who this past year but I love love love it!! I hope to see many Doctors running around.

I should go.
  • LaemkralLaemkral Captain Punch King Chester, VARegistered User regular
    Zombicus wrote: »
    ^ Nice bow tie.
    Laemkral wrote: »
    I've decided to do a cosplay. I'll be one of the assuredly plentiful Doctors running around, though I'm only going to wear the costume on Sunday. So, if Sunday you see the Tenth Doctor with a way too short haircut (I could never ever get away with growing the proper hair and sideburns without taking a month of leave prior to PAX) walking around...that's me. Especially if he has a Bag of Holding for his Sonic Screwdriver.

This is just me slowly succumbing a bit more to cosplaying, which will inevitably result in me coming one year dressed as the me in my avatar.
    Hope to see you roaming around then! I've been having similar trouble with the hair -- 11th's hair has been a bit of a chore, but definitely worth it! I doubt I'd be able to get the sideburns down for 10 in time either.
    Bit of a coincidence with the bag of holding. I've chosen the exact same bag this year.

@arwen_doll16_LOTR I've been holding back for a bit, but here's what I've accumulated at this point:
    cc1_resized.jpg
    No hair product in that photo to keep it up, but that will change. Still going in the series 5 tweed, as I last posted.

Looking good! I hope our paths cross, if we're both the Doctor with Bags of Holding....maybe I regenerate into you?!?

Avatar courtesy of MKR, and the strip I appeared in.
  • PrincessCleoPrincessCleo Registered User regular
    I failed at costume making this year. I found the perfect fabric for what I wanted to make, but when I went back to get what I needed after double checking the amount of fabric I needed, they didn't have enough left. I tried to find the fabric online, but it was a fabric from earlier in the year and was no longer available. So unless I get some sort of epic inspiration in the next few days, I won't be cosplaying this year. I've been trying to work on something else, but it just isn't coming together right.

Here is the final piece to my costume. I am a bit worried about it though. I always am with prop weapons. But especially nervous about this cause it is a prop nerf gun and there have been a lot of incidents lately.
    482073_3809747275939_1338480685_n.jpg
    209008_3809747555946_873676739_n.jpg

I should go.
  • Panda PartyPanda Party I got jimmies. Olympia, WARegistered User regular
    I don't have any full pictures of my Ramona Flowers costume all put together, but here are some parts!

Her subspace purse, which I just finished the other day:
    feqibp.jpg

And the hammer! This took me a really long time and I'm pretty proud of it. Ignore my frump clothes and edited-out derpface.
    v8mu6q.jpg

• PrincessCleoPrincessCleo Registered User regular
    Well, apparently all I had to do was post in the message boards... I now have my costume. ^_^ I was talking to my boyfriend about what I wanted to do, and I had to go clothes shopping anyway. I'm going to be a generic Pokemon trainer. I have a few minor things to get (if I can find what I'm looking for), but other than that it came together easily. I do have a pic, but I still have to upload it off of my phone. I'll post it as soon as I get it uploaded.

• AaronCAaronC Enforcer - Lieutenant Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    Looks cool! I don't think we are going the have any problems at PAX

• LaemkralLaemkral Captain Punch King Chester, VARegistered User regular
    Here is the final piece to my costume. I am a bit worried about it though. I always am with prop weapons. But especially nervous about this cause it is a prop nerf gun and there have been a lot of incidents lately.
    482073_3809747275939_1338480685_n.jpg
    209008_3809747555946_873676739_n.jpg

That is sexy. I love the way Nerf guns look when they've been repainted to look a bit more real.

Avatar courtesy of MKR, and the strip I appeared in.
  • Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    Does the nerf gun work at all? Like, the trigger's frozen or something?

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • ScunosiScunosi WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Well no pics of a completed costume yet, but I do plan on doing at least one total run-through after everything's done to figure out how it'll go down the morning-of and also to make sure there's no issues. Still finishing up the dress, which turned out to be way harder than you'd think for an "EZ Sew" pattern, but I've got my mom helping so it's still going pretty smoothly, should be done in a day or two. I also need to finish wrapping a plain headband in leftover fabric, I wanted it to match. :3
    I finished my BLU Intelligence briefcase, this one with plenty of help from my dad, but most of it from me.
    tumblr_m9aumgLK891r6lm43o1_1280.jpg
    There's a few more detail pictures over at scu-tumbls.tumblr.com/post/30159155622/so-this-is-it-i-finally-finished-my-briefcase. I used an actual briefcase when making it so I fully intend to use it as my swag-bag on whichever day I wear the costume, likely the first.

This was my first-ever prop and really used a lot of knowledge I didn't previously have, so I'm pretty proud of myself for not only finishing it, but also making it look reasonably good. :D

edited August 2012
    @Dragon6860
    The nerf doesn't work at all. You can pull the trigger but only cause I left that and its spring in. Everything else that I could gut out, I did. I also took off the part that allows you to cock the gun and I permanently attached another piece from a different nerf gun over where you load clips in. Its whole purpose is to look good now :)

I am just worried about second glances and being in public with it! My step dad is an ex military cop and he was even saying that he wouldn't take his chance with it being fake if he was on duty. Hence my worry. That thought about how it looks, combined with the horrible events lately has me a little worried about getting in trouble!

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
  • Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    Oh no, I'm no expert, but as I recall from past posts, you may get enforcers stopping you, but that's so obviously a sci-fi gun, that they'll just test the trigger and then you get a label affixed to it, that says it was checked. If you go back a few pages, one of the higher-ups talks about it and what you can expect. I'm sure you'll be fine, and I can't wait to see your costume! I'm gonna feel underdressed with my steampunk getup with all of these great costumes here!

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
    I don't see any issue with it, its a sci fi gun.

• hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    hyrulehero96 on
    Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
  • tea_birdtea_bird Tequila Se'lai Registered User regular
    tumblr_m9dwpvM5Zu1qztfwto1_1280.jpg

Basically done with Tali. I may try to darken the visor a bit in Seattle, but this is the best I could do at home, unfortunately. Not everything is on in this picture, it was just a test fitting. I'm fairly pleased, overall.

Twitter: @tea_bird
  • LelentalLelental Registered User regular
    Teaser image for:

Gwyenevere from Dark Souls which I am wearing Friday:
    P1070321.jpg

I already posted a teaser image for Zoya the Thief (did I mention it's now been OFFICIALLY sponsored by Frozenbyte?! and they're going to interview me during PAX!! words cannot express my excitement/pride in that)

And here is a teaser image for my Emilia from Dance Central 2 (wearing her knockout outfit which can be attained with a cheat):
    P1070327.jpg

Not worried about inside the con. I am only semi worried about outside. In public. Where far too many people are ignorant and cops can be called by those ignorant people. And thanks to certain terrible events lately with shootings some people will be even more on edge and less forgiving of an obvious prop.

I should go.
  • RobogirlRobogirl Local Badass SeattleRegistered User regular
    Well its a week before pax and I finally get to start making my costume. Good thing I'm unemployed and have the time! I do have a question though. I'm going to make a ruffled skirt for the costume. From tutorials online, it looks simple enough with some trial and error.

Here comes the awkward newbie part. I went to Jo Ann's to buy fabric yesterday(too close to closing unfortunately), and realized I'm totally lost on what kind of fabric to get. It needs to be a medium blue. Originally I had thought to get a slightly stretchier material, to fit in with the athletic vibe of the character, but now I don't know if the ruffles will play well with that kind of material.

Any suggestions on fabrics? I went around touching stuff like a weirdo, and all of it felt stiff and weird.

• DTJAAAAMDTJAAAAM Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Loving the progress shots. Can't wait to wander around with the camera taking photos of y'all!

• DTJAAAAMDTJAAAAM Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    *Double post, sorry*

DTJAAAAM on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Not worried about inside the con. I am only semi worried about outside. In public. Where far too many people are ignorant and cops can be called by those ignorant people. And thanks to certain terrible events lately with shootings some people will be even more on edge and less forgiving of an obvious prop.

Maybe come up with something obnoxious to cover the front of the barrel while not in the con?

• Spartan LongShot-XSpartan LongShot-X Registered User new member
    OK... OK... Heres a preview of what I'll be cosplaying:

Hope to see all of the other wonderful costumes at the con!

img001113_-_cropped.jpg

• MogsMogs Registered User regular
    Finally got the last piece of my Dhalsim costume, the rope to tie around my waist. Here's a photo of the "finished" product (minus the hair and makeup that I'll be doing to go with it):
    528144_602528052630_710918137_n.jpg

• Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular

img001113_-_cropped.jpg

tumblr_m4hgv0ovNC1qz8q6so1_500.jpg

• millislimmillislim Black Sheep Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    313jhb9.jpg I still need to make the shoes and I'll finish the wand if I have time...It's supposed to look that short. I'll be on my knees to give the appearance of short height....and ya...the eyes are glowing!

[X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
  • RobogirlRobogirl Local Badass SeattleRegistered User regular
    millislim wrote: »
    313jhb9.jpg I still need to make the shoes and I'll finish the wand if I have time...It's supposed to look that short. I'll be on my knees to give the appearance of short height....and ya...the eyes are glowing!

Wow that came out awesome! You could just stand up, you know. No one will judge you too hard.

• MembinoMembino Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    do you have to check a prop in even if its not a pseudo-weapon?
    saterday-1.jpg
    my Saturday costume combination of an old pirate costume and some SP stuff
    friday.jpg
    a teaser of my mundo Jaw and phone. gonna be wearing facepaint as well and have the rest of the costume complete. gonna probably be wearing that around friday till it becomes too uncomfortable.

Membino on
  • kemikalkemikal Registered User regular

img001113_-_cropped.jpg

I like the little "I made this!" sticker. ;)

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
    Only prop weapons must be checked in, otherwise have at it.

• i3felicityi3felicity Registered User new member
    I'm currently planning a D&D Costume and a steampunk one. The latter isn't directly gaming related, but I like steampunk. I don't have any pics in full costume, though.

• MeinLegosMeinLegos Registered User new member
    We are Legion, Terminal of the Geth
    legion_by_meinlegos-d55rmwe.jpg

• PlanetsideCosplayPlanetsideCosplay Aaron Thompson / Last Oryx Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Still sewing... if I don't finish I'll be Ezio.

photo-1.jpg

photo.jpg

• skylatronskylatron Registered User regular
    0RaRa.jpg

This is my progress as of last night which means, I FINISHED SOMETHING YES! And also, first time cosplaying is a go!

• shadownet752shadownet752 Registered User regular
    Will be in Wakka and maybe beat from twewy. We'll see what time allows.

71bda059ce8bff99d245ad0dec87bb6b.jpg

• katxkatx Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I'm also going to a costume cosplay contest right after, might be able to win something for dressing up xD
    What do you think I should wear? I'm not that great at making costumes on my own. Where do you usually go for supplies and makeup?
    I just moved to Seattle and I don't know where to shop....:(

katx on
  • shadownet752shadownet752 Registered User regular
    katx wrote: »
    I'm also going to a costume cosplay contest right after, might be able to win something for dressing up xD
    What do you think I should wear? I'm not that great at making costumes on my own. Where do you usually go for supplies and makeup?
    I just moved to Seattle and I don't know where to shop....:(

Costume and display is near seattle/northgate area. And there's also champions party store in downtown by the science center. Both have costumes/makeup. Though display/costume has more extensive and nicer things. As for the costume contest i would make sure that they allow bought costumes. some contests ask that you at least have a costume that you've "made" to some extent. GOOD LUCK~ :D

This discussion has been closed.