As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Requesting a favor from someone in the Denver area (Aurora)

localh77localh77 Registered User regular
edited August 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
My wife and I were recently back in Denver this summer for a wedding (I grew up there), and we made the mistake of buying a snack for our daughter that now we can't find anywhere else. It was from a grocery store called H-Mart, I think off of Parker on the north side of Cherry Creek reservoir. If anyone lives in the area and would be willing to ship me something (in Austin), please PM me.

localh77 on

• Options
    honkymcgoohonkymcgoo Registered User regular
    I do not live there but I have an aunt and uncle that are pretty cool who live in littleton, which is denver area. If you let me know what the snack is I'd be happy to at least ask them if they could do it.

I didn't even know what the fuck and avitar was until about 5 minutes ago.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I'm curious, can you order it online? Looks like Hmart has a pretty robust online ordering service. http://www.hmart.com/
    Looking at their website, they also have a couple of Texas locations (in Carrolton and Houston), not exactly next door to Austin, but closer then Denver.

If you could post exactly what the snack was, we might be able to track down the vendor, it's possible they could ship it directly to you rather then going to a store.

see317 on
  • Options
    localh77localh77 Registered User regular
    honkymcgoo wrote: »
    I do not live there but I have an aunt and uncle that are pretty cool who live in littleton, which is denver area. If you let me know what the snack is I'd be happy to at least ask them if they could do it.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Littleton's not actually all that close, and I'd hate for anyone to drive out of their way for a silly snack!
    see317 wrote: »
    I'm curious, can you order it online? Looks like Hmart has a pretty robust online ordering service. http://www.hmart.com/
    Looking at their website, they also have a couple of Texas locations (in Carrolton and Houston), not exactly next door to Austin, but closer then Denver.

If you could post exactly what the snack was, we might be able to track down the vendor, it's possible they could ship it directly to you rather then going to a store.

Good call. I actually tried the website, but it looks like they don't have it. I've searched online, it's funny how hard it can be to track down food (whereas there are about a million websites that will sell you games/dvds)! Next time I'm Houston, I'll definitely give that a shot.

But anyway, what we're looking for is called "London Roll". If you do a google image search, it's the third result (actually the first few results, but coconut was her favorite flavor). Just a quick update, since I posted this I went to a different korean market that they have in Austin, and they finally had something. They only have the strawberry flavor right now, but they said they may get it other flavors at some point.

Thanks again.

• Options
    BeazleBeazle Registered User regular
    Try Little Debbie snacks has rolls like that. They do not have coconut but they do have other flavors.