As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ikebukuro Rumble [Phalla] (Revolutionary Tiny Main) --- Game Over! Village Victory!

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I guess the role update killed me right off the bat. I thought I had done a decent job of making myself appear partially innocent/not-evil haha

Asking for the guards was... not your best play.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I was surprised that you sided with the village so easily, Rawkking. I don't know all the details, just that you apparently told them everything? Interesting strategy when your goal is essentially "keep it as close to a deadlock as possible" :lol:

Also, rather surprised at how ebum became village head off a vote manip. Nice play.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    In total fairness: with none of the mafia really contacting me (I bugged jdark a bit, but not much) I had it down to about 10 people by the end of day 2. Egos and SLyM I called for the vigs, though there was a partial misfire for one of those because of double targeting and what not. I was pretty suspicious of the rest of you as well, and if I wasn't, Megafrost was.

You asked for specials to contact you :|

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    In total fairness: with none of the mafia really contacting me (I bugged jdark a bit, but not much) I had it down to about 10 people by the end of day 2. Egos and SLyM I called for the vigs, though there was a partial misfire for one of those because of double targeting and what not. I was pretty suspicious of the rest of you as well, and if I wasn't, Megafrost was.

I was actually paralyzed by indecision on what to call myself, a neutral or a villager. Tom seems like a shady character, but employs Spool's role. So, I sat on my hands and hoped you'd come to me, especially because my cover role had no powers, so I could claim you only asked for villagers to come forward.

I thought I bought myself some time with my story about Spool, as well.

Assuran on
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    "Celty Sturlson
    An urban legend to many in Ikebukuro, you are the headless motorcycle rider Celty Sturluson and you work as a transporter. A member of the Dollars organization, you arrived in town to find your lost head. But now the gang war has diverted your attention, and you have to forgo your search for now.

You are a Bus Driver. Before vote close, choose two targets except yourself. Any powers targeting that one person will target the other and vice versa. Due to being a faerie, you also have a 50% chance of surviving a mafia or Vigilante attack directed towards you. "

Seriously?

My role was I have a Vig with only a 25% chance to land, and I have to kill the person who has a 50% chance to dodge the attack even if it does go through. I had ZERO chance.

Sorry about that :|

I only realized that after the phalla started then I said to myself "Shoot!" Celty could be eliminated by other means though.

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    I think my only chance would have been to get Celty voted the hell out. Which would have been almost as impossible as killing her with a vig. Being Neutral stinks. :(

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    I think my only chance would have been to get Celty voted the hell out. Which would have been almost as impossible as killing her with a vig. Being Neutral stinks. :(

Hey, but at least no one wanted to kill you!

Hey, but at least no one wanted to kill you!

Yeh, I had the survival bit down. Talking with the village net head, and Rend Dealing with a mafia Day 1 really works well towards that end. The other part of the win condition though... eh.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »

What we failed to realize is that there were only seven vanillagers total, so... he had better than even odds of hitting mafia just by luck.

kime wrote: »
    I was surprised that you sided with the village so easily, Rawkking. I don't know all the details, just that you apparently told them everything? Interesting strategy when your goal is essentially "keep it as close to a deadlock as possible" :lol:

Also, rather surprised at how ebum became village head off a vote manip. Nice play.

That was my intention of creating Izaya. He would serve to automatically balance the game by keeping the mafia and villagers very evenly matched for seven days using his crazy powers and his immense knowledge. See, he wanted to draw the conflict out.

THAT DIDN'T WORK OUT.

pigeonking wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »

What we failed to realize is that there were only seven vanillagers total, so... he had better than even odds of hitting mafia just by luck.

I was gonna do a count but I figured it would be depressing.

Yeah one of us should've just been like "hey i'm a red seer" or something.

• adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    I've made some crazy games before, but man.

Powerful village is powerful.

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
    edited August 2012
    Yeah one of us should've just been like "hey i'm a red seer" or something.

Jayson had his %50 guard. I'm not entirely sure what I could have done with my Pop Star... I Have a 25% chance of killing you or if you block my attack I become your lover!

my "cover" role was Ruri Hijiribe. So It might have been halfway plausible.

Egos on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    kime wrote: »

I play neutral roles a lot more based on trust and deal-making than your standard "betray everyone" strategy :P. Works out with some players: Langly in Majora's Mask was great, even though I wasn't able to offer him that much that he didn't already had he stuck to his guns and gave me the mafia role I needed to kill and almost lost because of it, etc. However, it doesn't work with others.

If @enlightenedbum had been the kind of player that I am when it comes to neutral dealmaking (and I can't say that I don't backstab people when things seem like they CAN'T work out but I'm willing to put myself in a position of vulnerability to someone) then I would have gotten a victory barring the mafia killing me.

Thinking about how insane this game has been and must have felt I'll still work with you ebum, but not in this sort of "all-in" trusting way you got this game.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Going through the spreadsheet...

The village had in Seers ALONE: One-time use Seer two, a normal seer, a yellow seer, and a red seer (WHAT THE FUCK?!).
    Multiple guards and bus drivers, some village, some neutral.
    Multiple % vigs and the standard one who can crit and is impossible to kill as he doesn't die when attacked.
    Vote manipulation twice as powerful than the vote manipulation the mafia had access to.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    If anybody found this phalla unpleasant, I apologize.

I would give you guys refunds but... :(

For real though, I wouldn't have given up had the host not confirmed that I was mafia when he quoted Rawwking. I would have at least tried to sway the villagers who weren't in the network.

But, it's kinda hard to argue against the host.

Assuran wrote: »
    For real though, I wouldn't have given up had the host not confirmed that I was mafia when he quoted Rawwking. I would have at least tried to sway the villagers who weren't in the network.

Can't argue with the DM. Damn DM magic.

- Terence McKenna
    edited August 2012
    is impossible to kill as he doesn't die when attacked.

Shizuo needs two hits to die. But I guess that doesn't matter now.

mi-go hunter on
    edited August 2012

I play neutral roles a lot more based on trust and deal-making than your standard "betray everyone" strategy

. . . what

Daypigeon on

I just had to cut off this game early, sorry Assuran. Everyone trusted ebum anyway.

edited August 2012

Nah, it's cool. Live and learn.

My only suggestion for the future is that you should really not try and talk at all in the game, unless directly confronted with a clarification question. I know it's hard, but gotta do it (see day 2 and your confirmation that Jdark hadn't been turned as to what I meant).

I think your next game will be much better, and I encourage you to run again. I'm more amused Kime signed off on the info-broker role.

Assuran on
    edited August 2012
    mi-go, there is really only one mistake you made here, but it is a rookie one

you trusted Kime. Kime

Daypigeon on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular

Don't worry about your failures from mini's. I have done much worse from one of my mains.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!

I needed six other votes. Mega + spool + the three masons + anyone else.

Ah, I know it was a long shot, but I hate giving up.

I'm one of those to the bitter end players.

edited August 2012
    mi-go, there is really only one mistake you made here, but it is a rookie one

you trusted Kime. Kime

yeah Mi-Go, next time you need a harsh mistress. Go for someone like Infidel or Blarney. You might have better luck with someone like Langly. Since the other two are so busy all the time.

Kime likes sportzphalla.... SPORTZPHALLA

Kime's games are ok, but his judgement. I wonder.

Egos on
    One of the seers didn't even trust me until yesterday! Silly Phyphor.

I did have a gay old time talking to people in PMs though. I typically don't soft network, so it was different for me. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Good news on player habits have come from this phalla though:
    We have learned that enlightenedbum has absolutely zero honor and can't be trusted with any deals in any future phallas.

edited August 2012

I play neutral roles a lot more based on trust and deal-making than your standard "betray everyone" strategy

. . . what

For example, if I didn't know all of your alignments from the alignment list and you had, say, given me J4's name in a moment of weakness I wouldn't have done the backstab or, at my very worst, done it and felt like shit forever for doing it.

We had that long conversation where you sort of gave me J4's identity in the end but vOv, I already knew and just had to keep that knowledge a secret by playing along. Sorry. Sometimes I make the mistake of who to cooperate with even!

Basically I feel free to kill whatever player I have gotten the role of through legitimate game mechanics if it's in my interest, even if the mechanics themselves weren't balanced :P

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Looks like the game was a mess but you did okay host-wise, so you should keep on keeping-on @mi-go hunter!

I didn't realize that this game was looked over by kime until reading the postgame. For the record, kime is a long-term veteran player but terrible at mechanics and balance. :D He knows threads, not GAME THEORY.

OrokosPA.png
    Not that you shouldn't take this feeling of betrayal and turn it into delicious, wonderful grudge votes. That's what grudging is all about.

Yellow Board
    Might need to be unlocked.

vagrant, I already posted it, gosh. ;p

But yeah, it needs unlocked still.

Infidel wrote: »
    Looks like the game was a mess but you did okay host-wise, so you should keep on keeping-on @mi-go hunter!

I didn't realize that this game was looked over by kime until reading the postgame. For the record, kime is a long-term veteran player but terrible at mechanics and balance. :D He knows threads, not GAME THEORY.

Well, I know who NOT to turn to for help next time :P

I had a feeling that this phalla was crazy unbalanced when I started, maybe too many crazy abilities. I hope to correct this in my next phalla (which will be a WHILE from now. I'm taking a break).

Sorry. Didn't see it in all my rage.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Probably expected Saika's army to have better luck with conversions and for the person with Rawkking's role to be less helpful to the village. Number wise, I think it looks good for both mafias, five for yellow and three as red's starting number a quarter of the player pool. We also had a case where removing one player effectively removed three players total.

Probably should have run with a bigger pool of players to make some of the OP roles a little less devastating to both mafias. Saika's army would probably still start with three members. I probably would have also split Saika's army kill from the conversion so that they get one kill a night and can attempt to convert a separate person (I'd probably remove the percent chance and just make all the vanillagers & unnamed scarves 100% convertible and all specials, masons and named scarves immune to conversion).

Mill on
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Fun story, we used an unblockable, unstoppable megavig to hit Spool last night and it did nothing, from what we could tell. Mi-Go said it hurt him, but we had no roleblock and you still have a busdriver, so we couldn't even dare to back it up.

Then he killed 2 of us the next night.

Like for real, that's frustrating. Had we known an unstoppable kill would have just made the vig super power, we would have just roleblocked him every night.

I could survive the first hit but not the second.