As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ikebukuro Rumble [Phalla] (Revolutionary Tiny Main) --- Game Over! Village Victory!

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I warned you! More than once!

Aiya

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Game was hilarious. My role - Yellow Scarf Infiltrator - was a Thrall! Perfect, considering the Mafia either kills me Day 1 or the village lynches me Day 2.

So what happens Day 1? ebum saves me. Yay, ebum! Except I had made a deal behind the scenes to be saved anyway, which included a public seering - bonus! Confirmed village!

Except I wasn't confirmed village because I wasn't a Thrall, not really. I was basically outed as ... Yellow Scarf Infiltrator! Which means I would never get seered, because duh - Infiltrator!

The behind-the-scenes deal (@38thDoe & @cj iwakura) pulled me out of the game for a day, so I also avoided the Day 2 vote. Yay! I tried to lay as low as possible (Real Life helped), but there was little reason since others were going to figure it out.

I come back in, game progresses. But here comes the kicker! Last night, the Yellow Scarves used our super ultra mega killing attack, guaranteed unblockable, cannot be redirected, kills on contact attack on Spool32 - the village vig!

Whom it doesn't work on!

Yay!

It did work! But I could survive the first attack of any sort!

You just were unlucky... my vig had a 50% chance of killing a random person in addition to my target. :shock:

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Going through the spreadsheet...

The village had in Seers ALONE: One-time use Seer two, a normal seer, a yellow seer, and a red seer (WHAT THE FUCK?!).
    Multiple guards and bus drivers, some village, some neutral.
    Multiple % vigs and the standard one who can crit and is impossible to kill as he doesn't die when attacked.
    Vote manipulation twice as powerful than the vote manipulation the mafia had access to.

- A lot of unnecessary stacking of powers (vig resists on roles that don't really need it, including mine). Makes things more complicated to balance, best to follow the KISS principle.
    - The mafia cover roles seem to be of characters that are less notable/likely to be in the game on a meta scale that the village roles.
    - Chance based mechanics in general are a bad idea, make it hard to have strategy and everything comes down to the dice. I will say that I think that chance based CONVERSIONS is actually a somewhat neat idea as the fact that people can't negotiate for conversions since they might just get killed is cool. But in general not really recommended.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    (double post because hughnet is shitty net)

Village side, I'd probably would have not run with the random % kill on the role spool had. Given the character was OP in the series, I would have run with said character having two lives (it's why the mega kill failed), a normal vig kill every day and a one time use extra kill. I'm not sure if the mason group I was in was OP or not for a game with 32 players, I'm leaning towards a group of four masons in such a game being on the strong side (once you seer one of us, that pretty much clears four people). Also as I understand it there was at least one other group of masons.

Also Mason + Vig board

pigeonking wrote: »
    oh hey we can post in here now

mi-go. in the future please do not reveal conversions in public narration. it's not a good mechanic.

I would have been suspicious based on the narration, but... Rawkking's ridiculous power GAVE HIM AN UPDATE when people were converted. Which he passed along.
    What, was I supposed to not abuse it?

@jdarksun was it you who Ebum screwed over in a way like this? I faintly thought I remembered something like that but decided to give him a chance.

When I get into these deals I do my absolute best to give both players what they want, and unless there are a preponderance of survival villagers (heh) in this game this seems like not sticking to the deal. At all.

So yeah, I'm a bit disappointed in you Ebum. I could've sided with the mafia and screwed over the village do some appreciable extent in fact, and if I had risked more soft networking maybe I would've been safe doing that. Didn't have a good handle on who the vigs and seers were.

So yeah, I won't be trusting you with such deals in the future. Ever.

Technically speaking, I could have just had... pretty much anyone else start the Assuran vote. Premium was in contact with a seer and could have viably come forward. At least I stabbed you in the front!

That's true.. I was suggesting we stab you in the back if I survived this evening.
    :twisted:

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Ha, ha, ha.

Just looked at the spreed sheet. 2 yellow mafia died due to random 50% extra kills. And we only had 5 people.

Also, do seers fire before busdrivers? Your spreadsheet said jdark and I should have been busdriven the night TRV seered us. That would have meant Jdark got the seer right?

Assuran on
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    So cj and I both dying on day 2 was a complete coincidence, and not the result of mafia infiltration?

I'm sorry, cj!

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    Ha, ha, ha.

Just looked at the spreed sheet. 2 yellow mafia died due to random 50% extra kills. And we only had 5 people.

Also, do seers fire before busdrivers? Your spreadsheet said me and jdark should have been busdriven the night TRV seered us. That would have meant Jdark got the seer right?

My mistake :(

I worked out the masons on my own, and had most of the neutrals by the time I had to step out for the weekend.

Oh, did we mention that I was going to be gone for the vig order that ebum traded for info? I couldn't have attacked someone if I'd wanted to, and he turned that into a deal for me not to attack. :)

Ebum played a hell of a game, honestly. So much so that I was scared he was mafia and almost decided to kill him yesterday.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Ebum, I totally would have helped you kill the yellows. I had my kill on you earlier in the day, but switched it to Jdark even after you refused to work with me :p

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    This game is a great example of why I hate RNG/% based powers. I actually had a lot of fun though, at least for the first couple days before it became a cakewalk.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I worked out the masons on my own, and had most of the neutrals by the time I had to step out for the weekend.

Oh, did we mention that I was going to be gone for the vig order that ebum traded for info? I couldn't have attacked someone if I'd wanted to, and he turned that into a deal for me not to attack. :)

Ebum played a hell of a game, honestly. So much so that I was scared he was mafia and almost decided to kill him yesterday.

Dude, I thought you and kilnaga were mafia for the longest. so pushy!

Kilnaga wrote: »
    I think my only chance would have been to get Celty voted the hell out. Which would have been almost as impossible as killing her with a vig. Being Neutral stinks. :(

Hey, but at least no one wanted to kill you!

I wanted to kill him. :)

In total fairness: with none of the mafia really contacting me (I bugged jdark a bit, but not much) I had it down to about 10 people by the end of day 2. Egos and SLyM I called for the vigs, though there was a partial misfire for one of those because of double targeting and what not. I was pretty suspicious of the rest of you as well, and if I wasn't, Megafrost was.

I was actually paralyzed by indecision on what to call myself, a neutral or a villager. Tom seems like a shady character, but employs Spool's role. So, I sat on my hands and hoped you'd come to me, especially because my cover role had no powers, so I could claim you only asked for villagers to come forward.

I thought I bought myself some time with my story about Spool, as well.

What was your story about me?

Ha, ha, ha.

Also, do seers fire before busdrivers? Your spreadsheet said me and jdark should have been busdriven the night TRV seered us. That would have meant Jdark got the seer right?

My mistake :(

No worries.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Ebum, I totally would have helped you kill the yellows. I had my kill on you earlier in the day, but switched it to Jdark even after you refused to work with me :p

I kind of trusted you... but there were four left and I had spool busdriven.

So

1) Play with you:
    get your extra kill, hope Kilnaga plays along and his kill fires and win in one day or... win in two days much more likely

2) Don't
    4 mafia, 2 kills/day...

I didn't really have an incentive.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    Also getting the masons+spool board set up so early and then having us cleared by ebum meant our village network was bigger than either mafias, which was a bit ridiculous.

edited August 2012
    So cj and I both dying on day 2 was a complete coincidence, and not the result of mafia infiltration?

I'm sorry, cj!

Nah 38th got your name from CJ and I got your name from 38th and then I asked pigeon to kill you in hopes of reducing the crazy viggage going on.

We figured that three players dying at once was a bit much and there was no indication in 38th's role PM that he had to keep you alive as well, so we (mostly I) decided to take a risk that there wasn't a three way lovers (the role) role.

And the rest is history.

Rawkking Goodguy on

Dude, I thought you and kilnaga were mafia for the longest. so pushy!

New strategy. I thought you were! So squirrely! I wanted to kill you on day 1 but had to confirm myself to ebum instead hahaha.

Me, vote, spool, kilnaga (also my kill was unblock able!!) and voila, end o game. Wanted to at least off one faction before i died :(

premium wrote: »
    Also getting the masons+spool board set up so early and then having us cleared by ebum meant our village network was bigger than either mafias, which was a bit ridiculous.

We really had that shit sorted out early didn't we? :)

Me, vote, spool, kilnaga (also my kill was unblock able!!) and voila, end o game. Wanted to at least off one faction before i died :(

You offed one faction BY dying!

That doesn't count!

Also, I was incredibly lucky that mega frost contacted me day 1

In total fairness: with none of the mafia really contacting me (I bugged jdark a bit, but not much) I had it down to about 10 people by the end of day 2. Egos and SLyM I called for the vigs, though there was a partial misfire for one of those because of double targeting and what not. I was pretty suspicious of the rest of you as well, and if I wasn't, Megafrost was.

I was actually paralyzed by indecision on what to call myself, a neutral or a villager. Tom seems like a shady character, but employs Spool's role. So, I sat on my hands and hoped you'd come to me, especially because my cover role had no powers, so I could claim you only asked for villagers to come forward.

I thought I bought myself some time with my story about Spool, as well.

What was your story about me?

I explained that Mi-Go was writing the narrations like I did in my star wars game, with the roleblock narration being exactly the same and told him to keep the busdriver on you (your character name) because the mafia knew who you were.

Granted, if I was village, I would have said such a thing in public in the thread, like baidol did in my game, but I gambled that bum never read my game to see the correct course of action.

It was the only thing I could think of to help try to "prove" my village leanings, since I was claiming no power.

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Yey! I have a grudge for next game! Why did you run me over Officer @Kilnaga?

And then he happened to be one of the top vote getters so I seered him and away we go. I had to bug him to get your name though. spool was considerably more trusting.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    @jdarksun
    Just so you know, I was honestly surprised by what happened to you. I asked for clarification on my abduct ability/public seer and this is the response I got:
    Their role and color will be posted in the narration (Bob disappeared!). They cannot vote or PM during the timeout.

From that I thought it would reveal player name and color. I guess you weren't much of a thrall if I saw right through you?

@mi-go hunter I think if you make a role where you need to keep three people alive through the whole game you should at least let that player know they'll die if any of the three die.

Good first attempt, good narration, thanks for running it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I'm really glad I stopped following this after I died.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    My guess on the kidnapping was that a removed from the game announcement is not equivalent to a public seer.

So it's like jdarksun died, except for a day.

Thanks for running mi-go, I really enjoyed how nuts it was and the narrations were excellent.

The narrations were excellent. If I was going to offer criticism, I'd say that your personal feelings about which side in the source anime were the "good guys" showed through in your game design. That's a real challenge to avoid.

Thank you for running it!

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    One of the seers didn't even trust me until yesterday! Silly Phyphor.

Conversion phalla!

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Thanks for running this mi-go.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    By the way, I can PROMISE that my mini (shameless plug) will not be this unbalanced.

Basically because it is mostly vanilla.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Technically Ebum is listening to a neutral who started the game with a full list of every player's alignment 8->

You abused this power. ABUSED it. >=|

A game designer can't tell a player they've abused something that's part of the game. It's not up to the designer how the players play, so RG can't be faulted for joining up with the village if that's what he thought would do him the most good. All the designer can do is not make such a predictably broken power.

Either way, I enjoyed myself even though I had no idea what was going on most of the time. Hooray for survival and victory! Thanks for running this, mi-go, and I look forward to playing in your next phalla, whenever that ends up happening.

hahaha Phyphor you were the most reticent person I've ever tried to soft network with, this game. Eventually I was just like "oh man, this is impossible, I give up"

hahahaa. Your taciturn answers defeated me!

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    That doesn't count!

Also, I was incredibly lucky that mega frost contacted me day 1

That was pretty lucky, but I had a plan to publicly reveal in thread if I couldn't find you via soft-networking. Would you have reached out to me if I (EDIT: publicly) claimed to be Saki Makijima looking for you?

As far as this game goes, I was really surprised that people were willing to reveal to ebum on day 2. I didn't think that his "vote close reveal" meant a thing, as narration did not in any way confirm him village and his vote manipulator power wasn't even confirmed because Alegis was leading in votes already. I didn't trust him until Egos and Slym died.

Megafrost on
    I was wary for a while, but the masons were all in when I came back and it appeared they made the right call.

The five of us had a proboard that they eventually invited ebum into after the Egos / Slym call. I was still away when that happened, but I'd have agreed.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    hahaha Phyphor you were the most reticent person I've ever tried to soft network with, this game. Eventually I was just like "oh man, this is impossible, I give up"

hahahaa. Your taciturn answers defeated me!

That is my standard approach, doubly so in a conversion game

And if I did tell you I was Shinra Kishitani, would that have really proved anything? At best you were friendly, at worst a mafia that might peg me for a special

Just wait until your first infiltrated network disaster!

Phyphor on
    I was pretty sure it was tied. Did I miscount?