As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 83 - In doldari's 8th Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

167891012»

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Okay, so I think I know how to win this one.

I Skitterleap everything into Norsica, and then use Under Empire to jump my Rat Ogre from Norsica to Kislev. By my calculations that should give me first in Norsica, causing Tzeentch and Slannesh to tie for second (which results in no bonus points to either of them I think). The Rat Ogre gives me second place in Kislev, and the bonus that goes with that. This appears to not violate the rules.

Also, I got 5 VP from Estalia, not 4, right? Because of the Noble?

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Tie for second place means we split second place points.

• Options
    Can we finish this abortion of odds up, please?

• Options
    doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Round 6-6. End Phases

game83state81.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board.

2. Hero Tokens are resolved. - None

3. Resolve Old World cards. - None

4. Score Ruined Regions.
    Norsca : +8VP, +2VP, +2VP
    Kislev : +10VP, +5VP

5. Advance Threat Dials - Each god ticks once except Slaanesh.
    17 - Score 4 VP
    22 - Upgrade
    25 - Upgrade
    24 - Upgrade

Updated VP
    42 + 4 = 46VP
    36 + 10 = 46VP
    38 + 2 = 40VP
    59 + 2 = 61VP
    48 + 8 + 5 = 61VP

6. Check for Game end

HORNED RAT WINS A VP VICTORY!

doldari on
  • Options
    doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    Final

Doldari's 8th Old World was destroyed at the hand of a LoserForHireX.
    But, survivors wander to find a different world.
    Finally, they will move other's world, Doldari's 9th Old World.

Who will be able to destroy Doldari's 9th Old World?
    You shall see.

game83state82.png

Congratulation, LoserForHireX.

• Options
    peskypesky Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Congrats loser!!! And thank you doldari u mad hoster!!

pesky on
  • Options
    In case anyone's interested;

After Khorne, Nurgle and Tzeentch rolled in Norsca, I missed an 87.5% probability of one hit which would have been used to kill one Acolyte. The Rat then landed a 2.2% chance of six hits (actually he landed a 0.5% chance of seven hits!), wiping out enough of my cultists to do two things; leave me tied for second place instead of a clean second place and remove the possibility of me getting a dial tick. Then, when domination of Estalia was denied him, he landed a 9% chance of rolling 3 hits on two dice, allowing him to regain domination and ultimately tie me on VP. And, of course, since I didn't get a dial tick this round, instead of us being tied 61-61 with 24 threat each (a win for me, since the Rat always has lowest threat in ties) we were tied 61-61 with 24-19 threat for the tiebreaker.

12.5% chance, 2.2% chance, 9% chance. And all three happened, and that's how the Rat won. Well, that and Tzeentch sending half a dozen Acolytes to Norsca when he would have been better served merely disrupting me instead of hastening the region's ruin. Stalling me out then teleporting the greater Daemon to a ruined region would have been infinitely more effective than the last-place securing strategy he ultimately employed, but this isn't his fault. This is nobody's fault but the dice gods'.

The combined odds of those three events happening? 0.0002475%, or one in four thousand. What is this, I don't even.

Congrats, LFHX.

• Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    12.5% chance, 2.2% chance, 9% chance. And all three happened, and that's how the Rat won. Well, that and Tzeentch sending half a dozen Acolytes to Norsca when he would have been better served merely disrupting me instead of hastening the region's ruin. Stalling me out then teleporting the greater Daemon to a ruined region would have been infinitely more effective than the last-place securing strategy he ultimately employed, but this isn't his fault. This is nobody's fault but the dice gods'.

I like to think that, though I did come in last in the end, I was by far the most hated player this game, which is kind of like winning :) .

GG All, and congrats LFHX!

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I don't know what just happened, but whatever it was, was amazing.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Well, that was stupid lucky. Though I have to say, Tzeentch whiffed it big time, and that gave me less room to play with. If I had rolled a bit worse, like 3 hits worse, and Tzeentch had rolled an extra hit, the game would have turned out the same.

Also, if Khorne had managed to not hit in one of his two combats, then I could have gotten two dial ticks, giving me threat and more VP.

Though I do have to relish this victory quite a bit, as it's my first one in the PA community. I wish it could have been a bit of a cleaner win though.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche