As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ikebukuro Rumble [Phalla] (Revolutionary Tiny Main) --- Game Over! Village Victory!

1232425262729»

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Anything of substance is said in PMs, since orders were initially said to be preferred to be sent there.

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Infidel wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »
    The most hilarious thing ever happened to me:
    SO GOOD.

(10:12:51 PM) daypigeon: thanks for making me kill lucedes again, you jerk
    (10:13:15 PM) Rawkking_Goodguy: really this is hilarious, Lucedes was telegraphing her alignment and claimed to want Saika to target her so I was worried she was some sort of trap player, and you guys tried to get vagrant winds for his networking I guess?
    (10:13:19 PM) Rawkking_Goodguy: Sorry!
    (10:13:31 PM) daypigeon: wait, vagrant winds?
    (10:13:34 PM) daypigeon: ...
    (10:13:40 PM) daypigeon: that's not who i targeted
    (10:14:18 PM) Rawkking_Goodguy: I have no idea what the hell happened then
    (10:14:38 PM) Rawkking_Goodguy: either there are more busdrivers
    (10:14:45 PM) Rawkking_Goodguy: or someone can mess with that stuff
    (10:15:22 PM) daypigeon: oh god
    (10:17:41 PM) daypigeon: i feel so violated
    (10:18:25 PM) Rawkking_Goodguy: Hey I like lucedes too ;_;
    (10:26:19 PM) daypigeon: yeah but you don't have a history of accidentally killing her
    (10:26:55 PM) daypigeon: and i was more talking about being seered and busdriven possibly twice in one night
    (10:27:59 PM) Rawkking_Goodguy: I guess if I'm staying in character
    (10:28:00 PM) Rawkking_Goodguy: Re: Lucedes
    (10:28:01 PM) Rawkking_Goodguy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9hBE2jAaVI&feature=related

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    @SaberOverEasy How did you know what my power did? I only told jdarksun what would happen.

Educated guessing. I knew you were Namie from all the asking about seiji you did. Web I started combing through the drrr wiki, it mentioned she was behind a string of body snatchings. I put two and two together and figured that was your ability.

Although I wasn't positive til I talked to you. It seemed a worthwhile little gambit to try and find a mafia.

edited August 2012
    38thDoe wrote: »
    @SaberOverEasy How did you know what my power did? I only told jdarksun what would happen.

Educated guessing. I knew you were Namie from all the asking about seiji you did. Web I started combing through the drrr wiki, it mentioned she was behind a string of body snatchings. I put two and two together and figured that was your ability.

Although I wasn't positive til I talked to you. It seemed a worthwhile little gambit to try and find a mafia.

Would you have actually taken things public if you had known that we couldn't tell you because we didn't want to have the mafia kill us and they knew it was 38thdoe who used it? Plus you know, in just about any other game but this one we wouldn't quite know whether you were a villager or another mafia testing us/fishing for information.

Bullying neutrals is a very rude but effective tactic if they cave, but you were very close to making us get you killed or kidnapped and just saying to ebum "sorry but we can't work with someone like him."

Some people seem to think that because survival neutrals need to survive they can bully whatever they want out of them, but since survival neutrals need to survive the entire game being seen as that easy to coerce information out of is a very bad idea. Even if it means having a rude village or rude mafia kill me and lose every once in a while I'm more than willing to take a stand for the benefits of such a stance.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    A survival neutral who can be browbeat into working with a faction is a survival neutral who wasn't made powerful enough.

liEt3nH.png
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    A survival neutral who can be browbeat into working with a faction is a survival neutral who wasn't made powerful enough.

O_o

Most of the time it's calling a bluff.

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »

Most of the time it's calling a bluff.

This.

In a game with every crazy power under the sun, I was a vanillager. I can't offer you anything in trade because I have no powers. The only power I do have is to get you voted out.

Plus, I needed to wok off uncertainty. I didn't expect you to actually give ms the name, but I figured you'd negotiate. In any negotiation, you want to start off from a position of strength. If you think that's rude, I can't stop you, but you can also ask 38th doe how this exact situation played out for him in phalla hunters.

Would I have actually done it? Under the right circumstances, sure. If we didn't have the jdark wagon, if you weren't working with ebum, if the mafia hadnt asked 38th to use it and if there wasn't a network call the next day, i'd have strongly considered it. That's at least 4 ifs though. I figured it was much more likely that we'd come to some sort of deal or you'd ignore/kill me.

edited August 2012
    Yeah I figured that was more or less the case after you called it a gambit. The only thing I would have considered changing is keeping the dialogue open a bit more before implying of threats, or ramping up the threats slower if you wanted to be perceived as less rude (maybe that's not the right word for it?). There are tradeoffs to being more polite as well so vOv.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited August 2012
    Also just read over the roles list for village. No survival villagers or alternate win conditions around, so you just wanted to save villagers because *facepalm*.

The network really had no excuse for not having extended the game except for sheer laziness, so you folks be grudged and judged accordingly.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Also just read over the roles list for village. No survival villagers or alternate win conditions around, so you just wanted to save villagers because *facepalm*.

The network really had no excuse for not having extended the game except for sheer laziness, so you folks be grudged and judged accordingly.

I mean, there's always the chance, however slim, that something bad could happen. Or there could be some element that he wasn't aware of, or something like that. You need a very good reason to not play for your win condition.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular

This would basically mean dragging the game on for 2? more days with nobody doing anything, since there was a single mafia alive who's name we knew. It wasn't my call anyways but at that point there wasn't a game being played anymore.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Or Rawkking could have been lying to me! But mostly I didn't particularly want to browbeat people into killing villagers (and Kilnaga) for two days.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular

You should have given out information sparingly, maybe releasing one or two mafia names every day. Once you told everything to the network head, he doesn't need you anymore.

edited August 2012
    kime wrote: »

I mean, there's always the chance, however slim, that something bad could happen. Or there could be some element that he wasn't aware of, or something like that. You need a very good reason to not play for your win condition.

To counteract the role that knew every alignment. People speculated there was another role that could scramble all the roles ,effectively making villagers into mafia and vice versa, and could also screw with Izaya's information network. ;-)

Egos on

To counteract the role that knew every alignment. People speculated there another role that could scramble all the roles ,effectively making villagers into mafia and vice versa, and could also screw with Izaya's information network. ;-)

Ahhh hahaha. That is amusing :)

Steam profile
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Or Rawkking could have been lying to me! But mostly I didn't particularly want to browbeat people into killing villagers (and Kilnaga) for two days.

I learned this game that as vig, I will happily kill anyone who even has the least bit of a shady appearance.

What I'm saying is that you wouldn't have needed to browbeat me. I'd have stuffed kilnaga into a mailslot and flung him at the sun pretty much just to get to read the narration.

You should have given out information sparingly, maybe releasing one or two mafia names every day. Once you told everything to the network head, he doesn't need you anymore.

Indeed. You were seriously forthcoming. I actually only "gave up" one thing, which was spool's kill he wasn't using anyway.

To counteract the role that knew every alignment. People speculated there another role that could scramble all the roles ,effectively making villagers into mafia and vice versa, and could also screw with Izaya's information network. ;-)

Ahhh hahaha. That is amusing :)

People did not speculate that ;-)

hah I was just addressing the "something bad could happen"

• GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    Just finished reading this, seemed like a fun Phalla Mi-Go, pretty crazy but it was a very entertaining read. Good job!

Just finished reading this, seemed like a fun Phalla Mi-Go, pretty crazy but it was a very entertaining read. Good job!

Thanks! First time phalla was crazy and messy, can't be helped.

edited August 2012

Repeating this once more is kind of silly since I've already explained my take on this sort of thing several pages back. Yes, it's factually correct, but still silly. Yes, I understand what you're trying to say.

If you just play with the attitude that each game is a microcosm separate from itself then yeah, screw anybody over at all costs to achieve your win condition. But ebum and most of the masons proboard will be much more likely to be distrusted in future games for failing to hold up a deal they could have easily held while still winning.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    I understand, Rawkking, but my memory is too bad to carry grudges or information like that for longer than a game or two :P

Steam profile
    edited August 2012
    As a bioscience type I have a scary, elephant-like memory :P

For the record I don't have any issue with someone choosing to play the way ebum did, though it does seem a bit silly with how easy it would have been to hold up the deal from my point of view. Betrayals are a time-honored phalla tradition.

But I will have vengeance!

Rawkking Goodguy on
    I understand, Rawkking, but my memory is too bad to carry grudges or information like that for longer than a game or two :P

And the mafia are more likely to remember who gave the good guys all their names. :)

As a bioscience type I have a scary, elephant-like memory :P

For the record I don't have any issue with someone choosing to play the way ebum did, though it does seem a bit silly with how easy it would have been to hold up the deal from my point of view.

But I will have vengeance!

Got to jot that down.

"Never make deals with ebum. Ever."

edited August 2012

And the mafia are more likely to remember who gave the good guys all their names. :)

I'd frame it as Rawkking Goodguy: will do whatever the hell he wants with information he got via the host.

But I may be biased :3

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Really the only person you can grudge is ebum since he was the one that made a deal with you. Spool having an RNG second kill didn't help things and none of use knew about it till the end, save for spool. Probably could have gotten to seven days if Spool didn't have that RNG kill go off.

We just hit a point where it was a similar repeat of one of obi's games. All mafia were known, red mafia was gone and the network was strong enough to carry through with removal of the remaining threats. Could Ebum have offered up Kilnaga and other villagers to drag it out, he could and he would probably end up biting the dust to the mafia or one of the remaining votes. I don't exactly blame him for not wanting to do so. I also think at that point the game should have been called since for all intents and purposes the game was done because the yellow mafia wasn't going to win. IMO in such a scenario, if I was hosting, I'd probably have given you the win even though seven days had not been reach because the game reached a point where it just wasn't worth playing out to the end.

edited August 2012
    I can grudge whoever the hell I feel like grudging :P

But yeah, only ebum officially had the deal.

Edit: Trying to survive is irrelevant to his win condition though. Some people will try to survive just to feel even better about winning and other reasons, but my opinion is that it's not worth breaking a deal.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    I believe I mentioned to Megafrost that I'd eat your grudge at some point. Seriously though, it was the random bonus kills that got you!

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    @mi-go hunter I had fun, thanks for hosting. I wouldn't worry about hosting an unbalanced game. I'd point you to the clusterfsck that were my first few games, but they're gone now.

1. Berserk Mini. Everybody could attack. The villagers were demons that either had 1 attack and 2 defense, or 2 defense and 1 attack. The mafia were the Band of the Hawk, and did not start masoned. Upon attacking another member of the Band, they were reunited instead of killed. I think there was also a time limit? It ended poorly, the mafia won with only like 25% casualties.

2. Snowed In Mini. Secret Kubrik theme, only somebody figured out the naming pattern I used for the role images and started claiming he was a village special. /sigh.

3. Left 4 Dead. My first failed faction game. I overpowered the Survivors, and the Infected couldn't get any traction.

Ahahahahaha, I remember the Berserk mini! :)

Steam profile
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    I wish I'd been around for the Berserk mini! :(

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Boy I thought I was too trusting. That's a relief!

Fun stuff mi-go, thanks.

wVEsyIc.png
    we were unmasoned cheaters in l4dead tournament , not infected ! :D

at least as far as I recall. and we were easily spotted out because of our public scores.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    I plan on giving it another shot in a month or two. Need to get my Five Star MasterChef game out first.

@blahmcblah

you shall get the role of blue haired male fairy sans the penis

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT RICKERT

jdarksun wrote: »
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    I plan on giving it another shot in a month or two. Need to get my Five Star MasterChef game out first.

Will I need to catch up on the manga to stay unspoiled? So far behind...

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Bullshit. Survival neutral's power is that (generally) no one has to kill them. Any additional powers on top of that is just frosting, and unnecessary

steam_sig.png