As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Election 2012: DNC Week

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Taking a break from the idiocy, but there's zero energy in this convention so far. These conventions are beneficial when they get people a little excited about the political party/candidate. It seems like the audience isn't even listening and is talking amongst themselves. Supposedly there's a lot of empty seats, a big chunk of the Paulites have been kicked out etc.

I mean its early but...

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Taking a break from the idiocy, but there's zero energy in this convention so far. These conventions are beneficial when they get people a little excited about the political party/candidate. It seems like the audience isn't even listening and is talking amongst themselves. Supposedly there's a lot of empty seats, a big chunk of the Paulites have been kicked out etc.

I mean its early but...

Don't worry, I'm sure that people will just burst and explode with excitement as soon as Romney.... takes... the....

Yeah, that's not looking good.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Well the Democrats are waging the real war on women because don't you know women have lost jobs?

Well the Democrats are the real racists because don't you know the recession has hit the African American community hard?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Somebody with a copy of the speech says Christie's basically announcing his candidacy for the Presidency instead of propping up the nominee.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    HuuHuu Registered User regular
    Speaking of racism!
    Guess Who! wrote:
    The first thing we do is offer to send 500 bus drivers to New Orleans, paid for by us, to make sure that the buses that were not used by the Democrat mayor during Hurricane Katrina will be used to evacuate people should it become necessary. The second thing that I think the Republicans ought to do is send bags of money instead of sand. Bags full of money to shore up the levees in New Orleans. This would accomplish many things. A, it would show our compassion. B, we could have Romney's five sons who CNN last night asked, "What's it like to be rich as sin," or whatever. They did. Piers Morgan asked Romney's sons, (paraphrasing) "What's it like to be stinking rich?" So we have Romney's five sons deliver the bags of money to shore up the levees.

Now, this will accomplish much. It will show our compassion, and it will do something else. Once we publicize that we have sent 500 bags of money -- well, whatever number of bags, bags filled with money to shore up the levees, what will happen? The poor of New Orleans will storm the levees and steal the bags, thereby putting themselves at risk for the eventual flooding that will happen once they remove the bags of money. And that way the Republicans can get rid of even more Democrats in Louisiana and shore up the state for themselves. How about those two ideas, folks? Am I not thinking or am I thinking?
    Rush, obviously

So anyone think someone will call on Rush for advocating murdering Democrats in order to win elections?

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    These are all things said by GOP candidates or proxies, btw.

Romney said the last one a few months ago. Maybe it was the NAACP conference?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Somebody with a copy of the speech says Christie's basically announcing his candidacy for the Presidency instead of propping up the nominee.
    Santorum didn't mention Romney at all I think. I don't believe Walker did either. I didn't see all of McDonnel's but...

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    "He doesn't confuse the Presidency with celebrity"

Nice jab at Obama for actually being liked Artur

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    At this point I wouldn't be surprised if on the last day of the RNC they unveiled Liberty Prime and had him march to the white house shouting lies about Obama and communism, blowing up everything in his path.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I have yet to see anyone say how Obama has acted any more like a celebrity than modern presidents like Clinton and Reagan.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

I mean its early but...

You have to leave early if you want to get the best prostitutes. I mean that's what political conventions are for, right? Wearing straw hats and picking up hookers.

• Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    At this point I wouldn't be surprised if on the last day of the RNC they unveiled Liberty Prime and had him march to the white house shouting lies about Obama and communism, blowing up everything in his path.

Liberty Prime couldn't reverse its stances fast enough to fit in with the Romney administration.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    I'm going to probably watch this all this weekend on CSPAN.

I've had enough incoherent shit shouted at me by hobos already this week.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    @Honk (from the other thread)

Labor Day. Also when the polls have a sample that isn't 10% more white than 2008.

Anyway, for anyone who remembers the hilariously biased Washington editor of the AP from the last election, Ron Fournier, even his lame ass noticed the Romney campaign being racist with the welfare line.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I like how no one is talking about Romney tonight... Maybe Ann will.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    "Force middle-class Americans to buy health insurance whether they can afford it or not"...

Also, WHAT THE FUCK WAS REAGAN. I mean, sure, Bedtime for Bonzo wasn't exactly the pinnacle of cinema or prosperity, but WHAT THE FUCK IS THE GOP'S DEFINITION OF A CELEBRITY?!

He was a literal movie star.

Khavall on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I have yet to see anyone say how Obama has acted any more like a celebrity than modern presidents like Clinton and Reagan.

The GOP did this before with Obama. It never stuck because everyone knew they were being idiots.

• Options
    Khavall wrote: »
    "Force middle-class Americans to buy health insurance whether they can afford it or not"...

Also, WHAT THE FUCK WAS REAGAN. I mean, sure, Bedtime for Bonzo wasn't exactly the pinnacle of cinema or prosperity, but WHAT THE FUCK IS THE GOP'S DEFINITION OF A CELEBRITY?!

I've had people claim Reagan was a war hero and entrepreneur, not a Hollywood draft dodging union official entertainer

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    Ahh yeah Artur Davis a guy who his ass kicked in a primary to be alabama's governor so naturally he switched parties, but he's hella dissapointed in Obama.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Did someone wire Nikki Haley's teeth together?

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    Is literally every speaker gonna try a 'build this' dig at Obama

Really

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options

I've had people claim Reagan was a war hero and entrepreneur, not a Hollywood draft dodging union official entertainer

He wasn't dodging the draft, he wasn't qualified for combat if I remember right, something about vision I believe.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I wonder how many times people are going to cheer for "Well I built my company"/"Well my parents built their company"

Like is the audience eventually just going to go "eh..... fuck it. yay"

• Options

Really

That's what tonight is, the GOP even handed out "home made" we did build this signs.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular

Really

That's their whole theme for tonight.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

He wasn't dodging the draft, he wasn't qualified for combat if I remember right, something about vision I believe.

Nearsightedness. Kept him on "limited duties"

• Options
    Ahh yeah Artur Davis a guy who his ass kicked in a primary to be alabama's governor so naturally he switched parties, but he's hella dissapointed in Obama.

Well, more he basically switched parties in terms of policy, THEN lost his primary because black people voted for the white progressive instead of the black conservative, which he thought could never happen. Which means his brand of racism fits right into the GOP's worldview.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Seriously, why is Nikki speaking while gritting her teeth?

"If you have to show an ID and then play a large amount of money to get on an airplane you should have to do the same thing to vote!"

Still no mention of Romney

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    BOWIN? BOWIN? YOU RETARDED MORON ITS BO ING! JESUS!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I was wondering whether or not the convention would be as much of a celebration of the candidates as four years ago, when everyone was fawning over Palin.

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    Oh god they just mentioned capital flight like it was a good thing.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Ann Romney is his silver bullet?

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I was wondering whether or not the convention would be as much of a celebration of the candidates as four years ago, when everyone was fawning over Palin.

They like the VP a hell of a lot more than the Presidential nominee again, that's for sure.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular

"...Boing"

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Hey they finally remembered to talk about Romney. One paragraph about Mitt, now talking about Ann Romney

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I know that it's all just platitudes, but I love the "Ann Romney is exceptional, unique, the greatest because she does what all American women do..."

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options

"...Boing"

Basically but she said like Bowin, and that certainly is not how you pronounce it, you stole the manufacturing from Washington the least you can do is pronounce the name of the company.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LOL!

paraphrased: "Two Independents walked up and said 'we don't know much about Romney but Obama sucks right?'" Literally she just said "Mitt Romney doesn't matter, he's not fucking Hitlerbama"

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    So the first thing I heard when I finally turn it on is basically "who knows anything about Mitt Romney, but Barack Obama sucks, am I right?"

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    Ann Romney?

Are the conspirators of '34 all dead or some shit? Prescott would never allow the FPA to stoop so low!

This discussion has been closed.