As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Remember, Remember the Sixth of November [2012 Presidential Election Thread]

1939495969799»

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    It's like a fucking Escher painting. (Both in that reality is warped and distorted and that there's a seemingly endless amount of bullshit, more than you would think possible.)

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/08/28/758981/rnc-tuesday/
    Thinkprogress is blogging this shit.
    7:43: Love references Martin Luther King Jr. Today is the 49th anniversary of his “I Have A Dream” speech.
    Fuck everything.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Just turned it on. Three minutes in, all I've learned is McDonnell is a bad public speaker. Transvaginal ultrasounds didn't sink his VP/potential 2016 candidacy, lack of talent did. Romney is more eloquent than that and we're pretty sure he's a robot.

ed
    And now he's explicitly saying states with Republican Governors are successful, every place else isn't

ed
    LOL crowd openly not listening, talking amongst themselves

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Like, they literally have nothing but blatant lies and policy positions that would have seemed regressive in the 1920s. They're approaching (or may already be at) a point where George W. Bush would be too left wing for them.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/08/28/758981/rnc-tuesday/
    Thinkprogress is blogging this shit.
    7:43: Love references Martin Luther King Jr. Today is the 49th anniversary of his “I Have A Dream” speech.
    Fuck everything.

Tomorrow is also the 7th anniversary of Katrina making landfall. I am not a religious man, but if I were, I'd think God was telling us something.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    8:48: McDonnell describes the EPA as “the Employment Prevention Agency.” In reality, agency regulations have crated hundreds of thousands of jobs and saved tens of thousands of American lives.
    Jobs: worth more than a few measly deaths, illnesses, and destruction of our resources! I mean, I have yet to actually see any evidence that it has cost a significant number of jobs. Is that just propaganda?

• Options
    Who wants the next thread?

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Hah! Bob McDonnell breaks out the acronym humor!

You know what's funnier than acronym humor?

Everything.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    I can't tell if the convention is only two speeches and it's just stuck on loop, or if these are supposed to be all different speeches.

"Let's destroy Obama, he's the worst at everything and he kicks puppies. Here's someone who has a small business and THEY BUILT IT"

"I had a family problem, and so I started a business on my own. It was a moderate success. Obama doesn't understand that I BUILT MY COMPANY. Romney does"

goto 10

• Options
    Khavall wrote: »
    I can't tell if the convention is only two speeches and it's just stuck on loop, or if these are supposed to be all different speeches.

"Let's destroy Obama, he's the worst at everything and he kicks puppies. Here's someone who has a small business and THEY BUILT IT"

"I had a family problem, and so I started a business on my own. It was a moderate success. Obama doesn't understand that I BUILT MY COMPANY. Romney does"

goto 10
    At this point, I just assume all those people used government money to help build their business.

• Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Steve Schmidt pulled the "Obama's not running on his record" talking point, what a fucking load of bullshit.

I'm surprised Steve Schmidt wants anything to do with the Republican party.

• Options

"I had a family problem, and so I started a business on my own. It was a moderate success (because of government assistance). Obama doesn't understand that I BUILT MY COMPANY. Romney does"

goto 10

Added the missing truth. The number of these assholes who go up there and turned out to be basically feeding off the government is amazing.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Damn it, I got a call to do a political survey and turned it down out of habit. Blame Skyrim for the next inaccurate poll results.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    Walker: I won a recall election you guys. Hi5

G3 Industries... odds that G3 industries got substantial funds from the Government: no action

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    Wow Priebus is a bad public speaker.

EDIT: Wait unless they're all going to talk like this until Romney speaks to make Romney look human and animated.

No see, it's like Leno.

They're hoping that you turn this shit off before you get to the real stinkers.

• Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Damn it, I got a call to do a political survey and turned it down out of habit. Blame Skyrim for the next inaccurate poll results.

Moving on to the question of illegal immigration: Do you support President Obama's executive order allowing those who migrated illegally as minors to apply for temporary status, or do believe that Skyrim belongs to the Nords?

• Options
    I've got the next thread.

• Options

I demand cosplay/convention humor in OP

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    HuuHuu Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Preacher wrote: »
    Steve Schmidt pulled the "Obama's not running on his record" talking point, what a fucking load of bullshit.

Just wait until the Presidential debates. Romney will try and attack on policy and Obama will counter with actual good results and ask what Romney did in Mass.

On the other hand, what record is Romney running on? Its not Bain Capital anymore, it was never as Gov of Mass., and its been really sparse about the winter olympics. It is like his tax records: He knows that if people look too close they will realize that he is a fraud.

Huu on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Man, just reading this thread is depressing. Do I dare try to find this on my TV?

• Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Man, just reading this thread is depressing. Do I dare try to find this on my TV?

Yesssss, do it!

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options

Do you have booze handy?

Because you'll want booze handy.

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    Like, they literally have nothing but blatant lies and policy positions that would have seemed regressive in the 1920s. They're approaching (or may already be at) a point where George W. Bush would be too left wing for them.

I keep thinking about turning the futurist manifesto into a chain-letter.

Whenever I try, I start having Hitler dreams.

I do not want to see the stack of FWD's on that shit.

• Options
    PantsB wrote: »

I demand cosplay/convention humor in OP

I might edit it later, but here's what you get for now.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Crap.

Getting into an argument about the "You didn't build that quote" on FB. This isn't going to end well.

• Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Is this guy for serious?

"I had a monopoly no-bid contract with the federal government, my only customer, and I made a killing. The Obama administration opened up the procurement process for for competitive bidding, and now I'm barely hanging on. I built my business with no help from the government, and now Obama killed it!"

adytum on
  • Options
    adytum wrote: »
    Is this guy for serious?

"I had a monopoly no-bid contract with the federal government, my only customer, and I made a killing. The Obama administration opened up the procurement process for for competitive bidding, and now I'm barely hanging on. I built my business with no help from the government, and now Obama killed it!"

Allow me to translate to what everyone at the convention heard:

"I started a business and I, a Mexican, who are known for low-cost stuff, was so good that BUSH and PROBABLY REAGAN and PROBABLY JESUS wanted the fruits of my business. Then OBAMA came in and destroyed all of that, by causing the government to SPEND WASTEFULLY instead of on cheap, Mexican goods."

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    Republican convention delegate thrown out for being a huge racist, essentially. Looking for another source atm.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Oh man.

Did Chris Matthews just throw Santorum into the verbal woodchipper?

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    From a few pages back, re: rasmussen +2, gallup -1.

How the fuck is this even close?

When should I start getting worried?

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    @Honk

When 538 has the EC vote going the other way.

@ElJeffe @Jacobkosh

We've got a new thread so this one could probs be locked.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Oh man.

Did Chris Matthews just throw Santorum into the verbal woodchipper?

Matthews has been pissed all night. What's infuriating is that it's like the GOP being crazy is a new development to him. Sucking up to Jeb Bush on occasion, as well.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Crap.

Getting into an argument about the "You didn't build that quote" on FB. This isn't going to end well.

It's very simple: Just point out that literally every person Romney has trotted out to repeat that line has received huge amounts of government assistance, including Romney himself!

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
This discussion has been closed.