As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] Omeganauts report in! Omegarounds listed in the OP

• Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    The final round, from the schedule:

"The only hint we will give you is that it’s one of the single greatest spectator games ever."

Oh, crap.... it's 52 Card Pickup isn't it?

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Twister?

though twister with only 2 people kinda sucks.

• Options
    I've actually been training about 10% of my time on potential final rounds. I'm usually pretty good with analysis, so this is just one more data point...

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I'm just glad its not zelda, I had completely blanked on where the first level even was.

EDIT: also: fuck Kerplunk, setup takes way to long for too short of a game. Now I know how most women feel after sleeping with me.

Shade on
  • Options
    beyondcelerybeyondcelery Registered User regular
    I agree about Kerplunk: way too much setup. I prefer GW2 or Bananagrams. I sure wish they'd do Tetris again as the final round.

• Options
    Kerplunk isn't bad if you have several people playing. It also makes for interesting euphemisms about getting two sticks in one hole....

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    Especially when the several people are quite drunk. I wonder if there's a strip version of Kerplunk?

• Options
    Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    Especially when the several people are quite drunk. I wonder if there's a strip version of Kerplunk?

For any $GAME_X, someone somewhere has made up rules for Strip $GAME_X.

• Options

For any $GAME_X, someone somewhere has made up rules for Strip $GAME_X.

You'd have to set marble amounts for each clothing item: 1 marble per shoe, 2 per sock, 5 per shirt, 7 for pants/skirt, 9 for bra, 12 for boxers/briefs/panties/codpieces. With in 2 games someone should be naked.

• Options
    This talk about strip anything makes me afraid. They did stay "spectator game"....

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    This talk about strip anything makes me afraid. They did stay "spectator game"....

thats why I've been going jogging.... Just in case.

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    For the "spectator game", I am thinking golf. ...Or better yet, putt-putt.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    Jamie ODJamie OD Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    My original guess was the finalists would have to cycle through a life sized replica of Gigatrack from Trials Evolution.

That's right, I said cycle. No need to give them engines. They're Omeganauts gosh darn it! Let them pedal their way to glory.

• Options
    All the more reason to practice Dance Central? Gaming workout!

• Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    In all honesty, I haven't been practicing as much as I originally had planned. So much other stuff going on right now. I really just want to make it to Saturday. But whatever the result, it will be fun.

AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    DuelLadySDuelLadyS Registered User regular
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    In all honesty, I haven't been practicing as much as I originally had planned. So much other stuff going on right now. I really just want to make it to Saturday. But whatever the result, it will be fun.

I'm in the same boat... stupid life, interfering with my gaming time! I'll just be happy to make round 2, really. I already know that, in the unlikely event I'll get that far, I'm going to bomb out on Dance Central (not many options for Kinect gaming for me). I fully intend to just give up and Oppa Gangnam Style my way through if need be. ;-)

• Options
    We're down to the last legs of our training. How's everyone holding up? Ready to clash in glorious combat and do our ancestors proud?

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    We're down to the last legs of our training. How's everyone holding up? Ready to clash in glorious combat and do our ancestors proud?

The one game I'm wiping most people with is, of course, Bananagrams... I do not expect to get that far.

But screw it- I'm already having a blast, so who cares?

My one regret is my yard hasn't cooperated with me... I wanted to give everyone a 4-leaf clover for luck, but I'm 8 short. :( Well, save 'em for something else I guess...

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Annnnnnd double post- bad laptop! Bad!

DuelLadyS on
  • Options
    No matter how far I get in the real deal, training and everything is so much fun. Though I know I'll probably never willingly play Tony Hawk HD again after this... That music sucks.

• Options
    No matter how far I get in the real deal, training and everything is so much fun. Though I know I'll probably never willingly play Tony Hawk HD again after this... That music sucks.

That makes me sad. The little bit of training I have done has been on Tony Hawk. Part of the reason is because it has a great sound track. It reminds me of the original games!

AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    Aw, well, I suppose it's good for nostalgia! I think I'm just really tired of the music. My friend who used to play the original games was totally thrilled they kept the soundtrack.

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    If you all have a hot-sauce eating contest as the final round I think I'd laugh hysterically.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    they didn't keep the sound track! only, around 2 of the songs are from the original. Where the hell is my gorilla radio? my ace of spades?

I did not know how bad my spelling was until trying to play banagrams....

• Options
    geardropsgeardrops Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    So uh. When I got tapped to be an Omeganaut, my friend Matt made an offhand joke about making a training montage video, I heartily supported the offhand joke, we semi-joked about free weekends, there was that long moment of “Shit we’re both actually totally willing to do the work to make this happen, aren’t we?” and then suddenly I threw together a script and Matt threw his gear and some friends in the car, and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEwRorjWFXc

• Options
    @geardrops That's got to be the most awesome-est Omeganaut thing I've seen. Great job!

• Options
    I loled at the GW2 swearing. I know the feeling.

• Options
    geardropsgeardrops Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    @beyondcelery -- Thank you!! :D I've never actually done... any of this, actually. Video. Audio. Writing a script. So it was a learning experience :)
    Shade wrote: »
    I loled at the GW2 swearing. I know the feeling.
    I was playing Pacifism, for bonus realism.

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Just want to say good luck to all of you. And even though there is an awesome prize for runner-up and first place, just remember you are ALL amazingly-awesome.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    Just want to say good luck to all of you. And even though there is an awesome prize for runner-up and first place, just remember you are ALL amazingly-awesome.

Agreed. I can't wait to meet this group that fate has deemed should gather for such a purpose. Best of luck to everyone. Let us be excellent to each other.

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    Hmm...Somebody just sent me this. I hope this doesn't have anything to do with the Omegathon...

AN9buWz.png
  • Options

Agreed. I can't wait to meet this group that fate has deemed should gather for such a purpose. Best of luck to everyone. Let us be excellent to each other.

Wahoo! Indeed. This is going to be spectacular. Or at least a spectacle.

• Options
    Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular

As a first round washout from last year's Omegathon, I have to say that this post is DEAD. ON. ACCURATE. I made friends in those few days that I'm still relatively close to today (as close as Internet friends ever really are).

The best of luck to this year's crop, be excellent to each other, and make sure to enjoy yourselves!

• Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Good luck tomorrow, everyone! Have fun!! :D

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    Hmm...Somebody just sent me this. I hope this doesn't have anything to do with the Omegathon...

Hey, what the heck? I got this, too. Huh. Anyone else seen this?

"Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Five bucks says the final round Spy Party.

• Options
    RayzillaRayzilla Registered User new member
    That would be cool if it was a 'money booth' and the Omeganauts had to grab dollars with Gabe n Tycho on them...

Life is what happens when you are busy doing other things.-J. Lennon
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    ShocknaShockna Registered User regular
    Is there a prize for second place? After the epic screw over at the end this year, IMO it'd be criminal to send beyondcelery home with nothing.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Shockna wrote: »
    Is there a prize for second place? After the epic screw over at the end this year, IMO it'd be criminal to send beyondcelery home with nothing.
    Automatic entry into next year's Omegathon.

And, yeah, that was heart-wrenching. Watching her go from (presumably) being unfamiliar with Trials to completing the obstacle course first was EPIC. Then she loses because Valkarian managed to do it a little faster.

I mean, awesome for him, and dude deserves his prize. But beyondcelery came so, so close.

This discussion has been closed.