As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Prime] Square Enix Line-Up and Activities, OH and I'm saying hi again!

Robert_PeelerRobert_Peeler Registered User new member
edited September 2012 in PAX West
Hello PA readers and PAX goers. My name is Robert Allen Peeler and once again I come to you as the Community Manager for Square Enix. I'm here on the Penny Arcade forums to give you a rundown of our activities for PAX Prime 2012. New games to play take place at our booth, but we also have a couple of additional activities happening around the expo.
On the show floor we have the following games playable at the Square Enix booth #3625:
- Sleeping Dogs (Available Now!)
- Hitman: Absolution
- Tomb Raider

We're celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the FINAL FANTASY series at an event we call Experience FINAL FANTASY. This activity is held open to the public on Friday from 1:00PM-9:00PM at the ACT Theatre (700 Union Street). We'll have displays of our numbered entries in the series, activities and prizes and finally special presentations of FINAL FANTASY XIV and the direction of Lightning's story in the FINAL FANTASY XIII franchise.

Hitman: Absolution is also featured in a panel with the Game Director for the upcoming fifth addition to the series: Tore Blystad. The panel is at the Unicorn Theater Sunday, Sept. 2 from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM. The panel focuses on the newly announced "Contracts Mode" as well as several opportunities to take home some great swag/items!

We're going to be following our friends at Crystal Dynamics as they talk with fans about the new Tomb Raider. I'm going to showcase some of the classic PlayStation games you now play on your PlayStation Vita, and we'll be doing trivia for many of our upcoming and recently released mobile titles!

We'll be doing a live UStream of many of our activities which you can watch here: http://www.ustream.tv/squareenix Occasionally we'll be doing trivia for some great prizes through our UStream and Twitter so follow along!

Finally, also at our booth we'll be operating our Square Enix Members sign-ups. Come on by the booth, sign-up for Square Enix Members and join our fan community! We'll also be raffling off prizes from Square Enix Products, and we're operating a Square Enix Members Passport contest where attendees are given a passport that they can use at all the demos at our booth. You fill it out by trying each of the demos, and once you fill out the entire thing, return it to the Members area to pick up a premium prize!

All in all, we have lots of content to share with attendees, and of course we want to join in on all your activities as well! For instance, if you're planning on dressing up as any character from a Square Enix game, movie or manga, come on by so we can snap a shot of you ourselves!

Be sure to follow me on twitter @SQEX_MEMBERS_NA during the event! And of course feel free to drop by the booth just to shoot the breeze and talk games, or manga, or geopolitical sociology? Probably just the first two.

Robert Allen Peeler
Community Manager for Square Enix, the giver of things at events
@SQEX_MEMBERS_NA

Moe Fwacky on

• Options
    JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Thanks for all the info Robert. I'm hitting up Experience FINAL FANTASY on Friday, i can't wait! Hardest part about coming to PAX is not playing FFXIV for a week lol. Hopefully can get to play Tomb Raider also, pretty excited about that.

• Options
    helen0rzhelen0rz Registered User regular
    Hi Robert! Thanks for the info, this is absolutely helpful to my PAX planning. I have a question though, since the celebration will coincide with the celebration in Japan, do you have a general idea of when the presentation will be?

48vla9t2j9ff.png
  • Options
    GallickGallick Registered User regular
    I'm interested in checking out FFXIV. Is there a presentation happening at a particular time at the ATC Theatre or should we just swing by any time between 1-9?

• Options
    Robert_PeelerRobert_Peeler Registered User new member
    We'll have a presentation for FINAL FANTASY XIV at 5:30 PM and one for the future of Lightning's Story at 7:30 PM.

This discussion has been closed.