As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] Mobile Apps for Prime 2012

2»

• AFormalNerdAFormalNerd Registered User new member
    So far I'm loving the guide and your application in general. One thing I was wondering though is if it would be possible to implement a link to the forums in say the menu just to make it a little easier to get here from our phones (Especially if we're say going through planning or just need to check stuff out). Thanks for making such a solid app, runs great.

th_cb053357487_e4b58467bb.jpg
  • Xtian80Xtian80 Registered User regular
    Proxima wrote: »
    Sorry, we would LOVE to have a WP7 version, but at the moment our team is pretty small so we have to prioritize our platforms at that means iOS/Android for native apps at the moment.

And yes, I am one of the co-founders of Guidebook.

Yeah I totally understand, maybe next year. I have seen the app, and it looks awesome. I can just hope that the PAX digital assistant app has a lot of the same features and that an update comes out soon.

• jacalatajacalata Registered User regular
    Ma'am, if we're being formal ;)
    You're welcome, I love hearing that people find it useful.
    I've also made a separate (but basically identical) app that has the Pax Dev schedule, if anyone's going to that. They are both going through app store certification now.

Check out my PAX schedule assistant for Windows Phone - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/pax-digital-assistant/6e56d005-983a-e011-854c-00237de2db9e. Feel free to send me feedback or requests at any time!
  • TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    jacalata wrote: »
    Ma'am, if we're being formal ;)
    You're welcome, I love hearing that people find it useful.
    I've also made a separate (but basically identical) app that has the Pax Dev schedule, if anyone's going to that. They are both going through app store certification now.
    Thanks for all the work you do with the Pax Digital Assistant jacalata. Can't wait to update the app for Prime once it goes through cert.

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I wish Guidebook had a way to add personal things to your schedule. My PAX schedule consists of more community events and meeting up with friends than official PAX events.

HI3789R.png
  • sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    I wish Guidebook had a way to add personal things to your schedule. My PAX schedule consists of more community events and meeting up with friends than official PAX events.

This i'm so far going to at least 5 non, pax things so far and who knows how many more before the end of next weekend., right now i'm using a combination of memo and calender and would really love to see an addition to guidebook to allow the creation of personal things . so while it prob went happen before next Friday it's something I'd hope to see st east or next year

• olanmillsolanmills Registered User regular
    Just want voice my thanks to @jacalata as well. I used his WP7 app for Prime 2011, and I find it quite useful. Thanks, and I'm happy to hear that there will be a new release for Prime 2012 too.

VmUq7mz.png
    I got my Pocket PAX update on my WP7 today...hopefully the PAX digital assistant update is soon to follow as it seems to have WAY more functionality than the Pocket PAX app

• P.D.B. FishsticksP.D.B. Fishsticks Ohio, USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2012

Or vice versa; I live and die by my smartphone calendar (iPhone Calendar driven by my Google Calendar via Exchange) and it would have been nice to have an "add to calendar" option like (for example) many airline apps let me do for my flights.

It's not a huge deal, as I just manually added the events to Calendar, but it would be convenient.

Still, excellent app; thank you to the authors for putting it together.

P.D.B. Fishsticks on

Or vice versa; I live and die by my smartphone calendar (iPhone Calendar driven by my Google Calendar via Exchange) and it would have been nice to have an "add to calendar" option like (for example) many airline apps let me do for my flights.

It's not a huge deal, as I just manually added the events to Calendar, but it would be convenient.

Still, excellent app; thank you to the authors for putting it together.

YES!! This would be an awesome function. I live by my calendar also and it would be super helpful if I could say, tap a panel that I want to see, and then "add to calendar" Well, maybe for next years one of these apps will have this...or I guess I could write my own

• trinkettrinket Registered User new member
    edited August 2012
    So, I seem to be having a problem loading the pax guidebook, I know people said to update it but I just downloaded guidebook (using android os) So I am unsure as to how to find the update... Sorry I am not used to using guidebook from this end (only the updating end since I do that for Sakuracon) so any help on how to find the update would be great because it doesnt show up to update it in my marketplace and I dont know where to check for updates in the application itself.

Additionally I am able to download other guides and open them just fine, (even pax dev) just not the pax guide....

trinket on
  • vuduvudu Registered User new member
    trinket wrote: »
    So, I seem to be having a problem loading the pax guidebook, I know people said to update it but I just downloaded guidebook (using android os) So I am unsure as to how to find the update... Sorry I am not used to using guidebook from this end (only the updating end since I do that for Sakuracon) so any help on how to find the update would be great because it doesnt show up to update it in my marketplace and I dont know where to check for updates in the application itself.

Additionally I am able to download other guides and open them just fine, (even pax dev) just not the pax guide....

Same behavior on my kindle fire. No updates available either. Pax dev 2012 and pax east 2012 open up just fine. It does open on my xperia play though.

• wildbohrwildbohr Fredericton, NBRegistered User regular
    Hey just thought I'd mention that the Pocket PAX update for PAX Prime 2012 went live last week. Ther are also schedule updates available so be sure to use the in app update. For convenience here's the marketplace download link http://windowsphone.com/s?appId=8fb1d9dd-4eb7-4e17-8fc8-2fb48f42d83c

• SirPwn4g3SirPwn4g3 Joplin, MORegistered User regular
    I'm really hoping the PAX Digital Assistant gets an update soon. I like being prepared, so the fact that it's not updated now messes with me, no fault on the developer though, just my own issues. I like Pocket PAX, but I feel it's lacking maps, if it had maps I think it would be perfect.

• ProximaProxima Registered User regular
    trinket wrote: »

What device are you using? We havent pushed the update to the kindle store just yet, but will shortly.

• jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    The Buttoneering Android app was mentioned, but it's had a major overhaul since then. If you're doing Buttoneering, you should check out the new version. It's no longer awful to use, and it should work while you're offline.

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    SirPwn4g3 - Maps are planned to be added for the PAX East 2013 update. I have something special in mind but requires more work than I could commit to the feature right now.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Has anyone had any issues with the Guidebook guide for Prime? The copy I downloaded never opens, and it crashes the app on my wife's phone.

Artereis on
  • YamaraYamara Registered User regular
    I'm using a newly installed Guidebook, android 2.3.4, and it installed, downloaded and runs fine, though the icons sometimes stay dark with my last option highlighted, when I hit 'back'.

We want strategy board game testers! Check out Paiko's Indie Game thread.
  • CodyMFFCCodyMFFC Registered User regular
    2 of my friends have had problems with it. The one deleted it and reinstalled it and it worked fine.

• olanmillsolanmills Registered User regular
    Wow, PocketPAX looks cool too. I'm going to install it. Thanks!

VmUq7mz.png
  • ProximaProxima Registered User regular
    Make sure you have the latest version of GB installed from the Play store if you are having issues. We upgraded to a big 2.0 release (and PAX is one of the first guides on the new release) which is required over 1.7.

Thanks!

Any word on the update for PAX digital assistant? Getting down to it and I would really like to be able to use it. Hope it happens soon. See you all on Friday!!

• jacalatajacalata Registered User regular
    I submitted the app to marketplace about 10 days ago, but they had some problems and there is a delay in getting to the store. I honestly don't know at this point if it will be out in time for pax, I'm really sorry.

Check out my PAX schedule assistant for Windows Phone - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/pax-digital-assistant/6e56d005-983a-e011-854c-00237de2db9e. Feel free to send me feedback or requests at any time!
    jacalata wrote: »
    I submitted the app to marketplace about 10 days ago, but they had some problems and there is a delay in getting to the store. I honestly don't know at this point if it will be out in time for pax, I'm really sorry.

Not your fault. Things happen, I'll just be bummed since it looks like it has way more than Pocket PAX. Also, thanks for making an app to begin with. WP7 apps are hard to come by for things like this and the fact that there are two to choose from is pretty nice. Maybe I'll try my hand at app development for next year

Hope everyone attending PAX Prime has an awesome time! I'm hoping to make PAX Prime 2013 my 1st PAX Prime!

• tessel8tessel8 Registered User regular
    Anyone going to be running opengarden? Could be fun to try given all the cel data congestion

This discussion has been closed.