As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Beej Diet [Weight Loss and Fitness]

• Options
    Joe ChemoJoe Chemo Registered User regular
    Oh yeah definitely go for full fat.

Nonfat anything is an abomination

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Yuck, non-fat doesn't sound good. Full fat is wonderful, I eat sooooo much of that stuff.
    What's difficult for me to eat and I gave up on is cottage cheese.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Cottage cheese is delicious! Maybe there's something wrong with you?

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Look at all you chubby fuckers and your full-fat.
    Jealous

• Options
    MogsMogs Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    Look at all you chubby fuckers and your full-fat.
    Jealous

Who you calling chubby?

Seriously, though, non-fat stuff tastes bad and isn't very good for you.

• Options
    The chicken salad that was made with it, including black beans, jalapeno, and corn, however, is pretty delicious.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Non fat yogurt is for dumb dumbs

Full fat + some blueberries = yum

poo
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    Goddamn, everything is pain today. Dunno if it's because of the MMA or maybe I just slept weird, but it feels like someone pulled my arm real hard all through the night.

• Options
    SkankPlayaSkankPlaya Registered User regular
    Someone needs to explain the points system to me in Fitocracy. Yesterday I did 18.6 miles on my bike, followed by 3.2 miles running, but that was only maybe 900 points for 2 hours and more than 20 miles. This morning I swam, and did about 2 miles (3000 meters) in an hour and got 1588 points. Why does Fitocracy value swimming more than running and biking?

In other news, holy shit do my legs hurt. srsly. fuck. Also swim coach noticed that I was coming in about 30 seconds ahead of the next person in my lane and told me it's time to move to the faster lane, and now I'm super duper tired as opposed to just regular tired.

• Options
    You have to enter a heart rate for cardio, otherwise you get shit points. I went through one day and found that it basically assumes you had a heart rate of 120 if you don't enter it. Also, terrain makes a huge difference in points as well.

• Options
    i have not eaten in 17 hrs i am so hungry but lunch is not till 1, i have a lunch thing, aghhh

poo
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    SkankPlaya wrote: »
    Someone needs to explain the points system to me in Fitocracy. Yesterday I did 18.6 miles on my bike, followed by 3.2 miles running, but that was only maybe 900 points for 2 hours and more than 20 miles. This morning I swam, and did about 2 miles (3000 meters) in an hour and got 1588 points. Why does Fitocracy value swimming more than running and biking?

In other news, holy shit do my legs hurt. srsly. fuck. Also swim coach noticed that I was coming in about 30 seconds ahead of the next person in my lane and told me it's time to move to the faster lane, and now I'm super duper tired as opposed to just regular tired.

Because swimming two miles is a lot fucking harder than running a similar distance.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    having an ice cream sandwich cuz i give 0 fucks and i drank some wine

poo
  • Options
    nope, immediate regret, ugh, you fat piece of shit

poo
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    hahahaha

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    I did that at sushi last night. Katsu and Dr Pepper, bitches. Such poor choices.

• Options
    at least katsu has meat?

i had ice cream again today

woe is me

poo
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    My little sister bought a whole bag of Dove chocolates and is offering them to everyone. She even put out a bunch in a bowl in the kitchen.

At least chocolate is low in sodium.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    My little sister bought a whole bag of Dove chocolates and is offering them to everyone. She even put out a bunch in a bowl in the kitchen.

At least chocolate is low in sodium.

And it, uh, has antioxidants! Yeah! At least that's what I tell myself when I eat chocolate

I've been a bit confused as to my routine, lately, and because of that I've been jumping around. I don't know what I want anymore! I guess maintenance? And general health? I'm pretty happy with what's going on right now, in terms of weight and muscle mass.

Maybe I'll focus on cardio with a bit of resistance training, I dunno

• Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    get swole as fuck, it's the only option

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Last night was the first time I've done weights since I broke my wrist. Felt so good (help my arms are noodles)

• Options
    Apparently aside from the sodium from the soy, my sushi explosion wasn't cripplingly bad for me. Wooo.

Chocolate is the devil, though.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I wore an old pair of pants last night.

This means I have dropped 4" off my waist.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Nope, I just snuck in and enlarged the waist of those jeans. You've actually gained 2".

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I've been really bad this week. Didn't go to yoga, still not jogging cause the foot's weird. Worked out only Monday and Thursday. Tomorrow if I don't go biking I'm gonna kick my own butt.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    i will kick it for you

poo
  • Options
    i will also kick dat butt for you...shazkar and i each will focus on one cheek

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    I got my first bruise from MMA, I'm so proud of myself.

Also everything hurts. EVERYTHING.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    So glad I still had some icy-hot sitting around. Can barely move my arms. So sore.

• Options
    So yeah, wooo PAX. Way to ruin my diet, free Nos and charity bacon cookies...

• Options
    TallaclasseeTallaclassee you ever seen a lion limber up before it takes down a gazelleRegistered User regular
    A healthy res, of sorts.

5'8, 160

Like 12 deep fried chicken wings and a salad. Later, frosted mini wheats and whole milk.

• Options
    SkankPlayaSkankPlaya Registered User regular
    As of this morning I'm 2 lbs. under my first goal weight thing. Now to see how low I can go? I don't know. I'm not feeling so hot, and my workout this morning sucked.

• Options
    SkankPlaya wrote: »
    As of this morning I'm 2 lbs. under my first goal weight thing. Now to see how low I can go? I don't know. I'm not feeling so hot, and my workout this morning sucked.

Congrats!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I've grabbed tonka's but you guys.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    But what? But what?!

• Options
    Today is the day I stop being a shiftless layabout and get myself in winter condition. Right after I get home from work...and maybe play some diablo...

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    PAX is a wonderful workout. Parsing through the data collected by my Fitbit over the weekend, I and my group walked at least 7.5 miles each day, with 10.5 on Sunday. Burned right at 3700 calories a day. Between the jet lag and my near total lack of sleep, I had no appetite the entire weekend, and beer was easily my majority source of calories.

In total, I'm down 3/4 inch off my waist, and lost five pounds. Who says a weekend of terrible behavior isn't good for you?

Fake edit: don't fucking do this.
    Fake edit 2: it's water weight, I am crazy dehydrated even now.

• Options
    Went and picked up my new downhill skis today. Now, I just need it to stop being 80 degrees and and start snowing...

• Options
    TheRealBadgerTheRealBadger Registered User regular
    Went and picked up my new downhill skis today. Now, I just need it to stop being 80 degrees and and start snowing...

Right on. I'm putting together plans at the moment for four weeks at and around Big White in Kelowna from late Jan. Going to be some amazing conditioning work.

• Options

Right on. I'm putting together plans at the moment for four weeks at and around Big White in Kelowna from late Jan. Going to be some amazing conditioning work.

Big White is a great mountain if you don't mind it not being a resort/village oriented place. The snow is amazing.

The benefit to being a small village is that Snowshoe Sam's is absolutely insane at night. Or at least was...I think its been almost 5 years since I've been up there.

This discussion has been closed.