As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Monster Hunter Meetup

seattlemonhunsocietyseattlemonhunsociety Grill MasterSeattle, WARegistered User new member
edited September 2012 in PAX West
Hey gang. Going to be hanging in the portable gaming lounge at PAX with MHP3rd and MHFU. Down to meet some other hunters and KO some Rathians. Just wanna know if anybody else will be geeking it up MonHun style. In the world of Monster Hunter, you are never alone!

--{>IN THE WORLD OF MONSTER HUNTER, YOU ARE NEVER ALONE<}--
Moe Fwacky on

• KomiKomi Registered User regular
    I'm totally up for this, I'll probably show up to play at some point.

-PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]In awe that my 30 minute badge window prediction was pretty close to accurate.
    [x]Badge (HOLYCRAPIGOTA4DAY!)
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • JulieLJulieL Pacific NorthwestRegistered User regular
    I've got 3 hunters that would love to hunt Rathians!

• seattlemonhunsocietyseattlemonhunsociety Grill Master Seattle, WARegistered User new member
    Awesome! Seattle MonHun Society will be in the lounge all day Saturday!

• CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    i wish i had never fallen out of the Monster Hunter scene, probably one of the most defining times of my adolescence, haha.

CMWABME F*** YEAH!

edit:
    i still have MHF on me, and i just noticed how cheap MHF2 and MHFU are... i might pick em up and see if i can brush off some of the cobwebs before PAX rolls around. Either way, you can probably count me in :)

Crogoth on
  • creid8creid8 Registered User regular
    Always wanted to learn how to play MH, and was always disappointed that MH meetups never seemed to happen at the PAXes I've gone to. MHF1 & 2 were too frustrating for me to figure out alone.

• Raikoh067Raikoh067 Registered User regular
    I was looking for MH players last year, and couldn't find anybody! I was totally bummed!

I had no idea there was a "Seattle MonHun Society". If only Portland had something like that...

Where exactly is the "portable gaming lounge"? Do they even have a map up yet?

• Chad_599Chad_599 Registered User regular
    Sup guys. Finding this forum wasn't to difficult. Although I thought there be more posts! I'm totally down for some MH Freedom 2 hunting or MH Tri for the Wii.
    My online MH Tri character is Chadosan ,handle: HT4KDY.
    Maybe Monster Hunters need their own special identification markers at PAX?

Oh ya almost forgot. Any Monster Hunters looking to network with other Hunters check out the Gathering Hall Facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheGatheringHall/?bookmark_t=group
    See ya there!

• DubindohDubindoh Registered User new member
    Hey hunters, Yuri here (from Capcom). I love this initiative and I wanted to try and coordinate this to be even bigger and better. So I'll be heading to Seattle as well, bringing giveaways (MH shirts, etc) and free time to hunt and chat. =)
    I've already started a thread on the Capcom-Unity forums, so feel free to chime in with your opinions. =)
    Also, is anyone creating an event at the facebook page? And is there a facebook/website for the Seattle MonHun Society?
    Thanks a lot!

Dubindoh wrote: »
    Hey hunters, Yuri here (from Capcom). I love this initiative and I wanted to try and coordinate this to be even bigger and better. So I'll be heading to Seattle as well, bringing giveaways (MH shirts, etc) and free time to hunt and chat. =)
    I've already started a thread on the Capcom-Unity forums, so feel free to chime in with your opinions. =)
    Also, is anyone creating an event at the facebook page? And is there a facebook/website for the Seattle MonHun Society?
    Thanks a lot!

Sounds great! I hope we can actually get a decent amount of people there.

What game will most people be bringing? Unite I assume? It really, really sucks that MHP3 isn't out in america, but that wont stop us dedicated fans from playing it! Personally I play MHP3 the most nowadays, as I have completely finished MHFU (after about 600 Hours...), and have gotten quite bored of it. It's also too bad there is no easy was to play Tri with friends at PAX.

• JulieLJulieL Pacific NorthwestRegistered User regular
    We will be bringing Freedom Unite to play. So, so looking forward to this!

• mochimochimagicmochimochimagic Registered User new member
    edited August 2012
    I made an account just to ask this question XD
    But seriously, I'm tried of playing MHFU by myself and I'd like to feel what's it like to play with other players. So, PAX seems like the perfect place to try it out :)

mochimochimagic on
    Haha say the word that someone else will and I'll haul my Wii all the way to PAX! Look forward to meeting you there Yuri and other fellow Hunters! I'll ask the admins of the Gathering Hall Facebook group to start up an event to that end.
    --
    On Twitter:Chad_599

Sweet, I see that this is going to take off a bit awesomely! I said it earlier, but I'll definitely be there. I'll have both Freedom Unite and Portable 3rd on my PSP ready to go. I guess I need to brush up on my skills again.

-PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]In awe that my 30 minute badge window prediction was pretty close to accurate.
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • seattlemonhunsocietyseattlemonhunsociety Grill Master Seattle, WARegistered User new member
    Wow! This is so, so awesome. Saturday is going to be major, it's going to be totally rad. Excited to set up some hunting parties. And Yuri's going to be in the house! I'm thinking of making a small batch of t-shirts to give out to any interested hunters. Everybody bring your PSP, some Mon Hun games and lets have a great time!

• CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    [redacted]

zerzhul on
    So wait a minute, do we have an actual time when the meetup is going to happen? Or is it just throughout the day in general?

-PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • ScootsScoots HandHeld Lounge Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    Komi wrote: »
    So wait a minute, do we have an actual time when the meetup is going to happen? Or is it just throughout the day in general?

Goooood question.

Yeah, I haven't been able to find an exact location or time yet....

• metalymetaly Registered User new member
    omg almost forgot about this. Last year's meetup was kind of a bust (I ran into one guy, and he had the EU version so we couldn't even play) but looks like more hunters are on board this time! I'm on the cusp of HR9 in MHFU and would love to get some help with the last few HR8 quests. (It's my dream to fight Yama Tsukami.)

I'm trying to get into panels until mid-afternoon, but I'll stop by the handheld lounge around 3:30 and am free all evening. Find me on Twitter @metaly if you want to meet up!

edited August 2012
    So how about this; 6 o'clock (PM) every day, go the handheld free play area? I don't know where it's going to be this year since I can't find a map of the entire convention on the site (just the show floors). If it's more than one room, or level, just check every one of them. I'll probably display a piece of paper or poster with "Monster Hunter" written on it so people can find me.

I'll try to get there at about 6 every day with my friends and hunt a couple monsters while we wait. 2 of us are long time MH veterans, and are HR 9 in MHFU. We also have MHP3, HR6.

Unfortunately, all three of us are some of the only people in the world without smartphones, so no twitter updating for us. Unless the con has wifi and we can use our laptops.

If we do manage to use Twitter, its @Raikoh067

Raikoh067 on
  • ScootsScoots HandHeld Lounge Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    Since we don't actually have a ton of space, and have a tourney starting at 5 both on fri and sat, could you move your meetups to 6:30 or 7? that would be awesome!

Thanks,
    HandHeld

yeah, 6:30 or 7 is fine as far as I know. I'm not running the meet up or anything, i was more just suggesting a time.

If you guys have a smart phone you should get the 'Guide' book app. I've got the Android one and it rocks. It has a complete schedule, maps, links to all sorts of stuff. Its available on most mobile devices. Link to the android one (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.guidebook.android)

• KaneKane Registered User regular
    So, I've played mostly solo on MHFU and my character is geared up but REALLY low level (STILL...this was a problem last year as well). My P3rd is also low as I've NEVER played online. Focused a ton on Tri. Might come say hi anyway. Especially if their is MH swag to be had. ;)

I'm not sure of the exact location, but I am planning on being in the Handheld lounge most of the day. Going to check out the floor for the first couple of hours but will probably be in the lounge a little after noon. Check my twitter @SEAMONHUNSOC for updates. I'll be trying to coordinate with yalls. I will have a ghetto little sign set up and will be wearing a SEAMONHUNSOC shirt so you'll now me.

In the world of Monster Hunter, you are never alone!

well, I showed up a little after 7 with some friends, walking around all the handheld areas yelling out "Anyone playing Monster Hunter!?" After failing to find anybody, we sat down and played till about 12. The entire time we had a notebook propped up with "Monster Hunter" written on it, sitting next to us. We'll do it again tomorrow, although we wont show up till about 9. There are some things going on at 6 or 7 that we need to be at.

We were under the escalators, where the Enforcers ran the table where you can check out games and charge your systems. We'll try to be there again tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.