As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX PRIME 2012 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Yep, generally people are really cool about letting you leave the line and come back to your spot.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Like everyone else has said it wouldn't be cool. Basically the only ok line leaving I've heard of on here is bathroom, and food runs for long lines.

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    KoZhan wrote: »
    lets say 5 of my friends get in line at around 8, would it be a jerk move to go in and hop in line with them with 4 more at like 9:30?
    That is not allowed at PAX. What it comes down to is you and 4 more receiving the benefit of waiting in line at the cost of many, possibly thousands, behind you. The worst is when you jump in line, then 5 people get turned away at the end because the line filled up.

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • bookworm2deathbookworm2death Registered User new member
    I am a nursing mom and I don't want to have to go back to my hotel every 2 hours. Is there going to be somewhere onsite I can nurse and/or pump? Or do I have to hunt down a free plug and get wierd looks from passers-by?

• sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    KoZhan wrote: »
    lets say 5 of my friends get in line at around 8, would it be a jerk move to go in and hop in line with them with 4 more at like 9:30?
    That is not allowed at PAX. What it comes down to is you and 4 more receiving the benefit of waiting in line at the cost of many, possibly thousands, behind you. The worst is when you jump in line, then 5 people get turned away at the end because the line filled up.

It is cool for one person of a group or even a single if he can get the people in front and behind him to agree to step out of line get food and step back in as long as only as many left return right?

I may or may not be by myself depending on meetups but as long as just I leave and just I return its ok as long as I have my friends there or get the people infront and behind to hold my spot.

sanovah on
  • GeekyPrincessGeekyPrincess Registered User regular
    I am a nursing mom and I don't want to have to go back to my hotel every 2 hours. Is there going to be somewhere onsite I can nurse and/or pump? Or do I have to hunt down a free plug and get wierd looks from passers-by?

The bathroom, while not optimal, is always available. The women's room tend to be fairly quiet and a few had chairs. I don't know that I'd want to lug around a breast pump though. YMMV.

Cookie Brigade Prime 2011 and 2012!
    Shipping cookies for Prime 2013
  • RowanSilverwingRowanSilverwing Registered User new member
    edited August 2012
    Hey anyone know if they will have the badges bought today on hand tomorrow? Clearly it can't be mailed out before the event at this point.

RowanSilverwing on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hey anyone know if they will have the badges bought today on hand tomorrow? Clearly it can't be mailed out before the event at this point.

contact pax_questions@paxsite.com or registration@paxsite.com, but I would be willing to bet that PaxDev badges will be available at will call at PAX Dev since they are not sold out.

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    sanovah wrote: »
    It is cool for one person of a group or even a single if he can get the people in front and behind him to agree to step out of line get food and step back in as long as only as many left return right?
    I may or may not be by myself depending on meetups but as long as just I leave and just I return its ok as long as I have my friends there or get the people infront and behind to hold my spot.
    That's generally acceptable if the people around you are ok with it. Running off to see something in Expo or play a game in a freeplay area, however, is a totally different story.

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • ShadowZeroShadowZero Registered User new member
    When we get to PAX is there a place we're supposed to stop by in order to get a map, information (such as a schedule or pamphlet with relevant information), or whatever else we should be given before we go to the other parts of the convention? Or are we not given any starter things?

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Programs and lanyards will be basically everywhere. Swag bag items will be available starting at 11:30 in the Queue Room.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    The only place is bathrooms, but I doubt there will be plugs available for your pump. We have tried to have a Mother's Room in the past, but there are complicated liability concerns (I don't understand them) that have prevented it.

--Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    Will-call is in the grand Hyatt starting at noon on Thursday, just announced.

• jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    Will-call is in the grand Hyatt starting at noon on Thursday, just announced.
    Yes, this does override the earlier schedule I said was official. Will Call will run from noon until 8pm on Thursday.

"We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Hey I've got a bit of a touchy question...
    If we see scalpers selling a stack of badges outside of PAX, what can we do (besides punching them in the face for breaking wheaton's law)
    Are we allowed to report them or should we just let them be?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Serenity wrote: »
    Hey I've got a bit of a touchy question...
    If we see scalpers selling a stack of badges outside of PAX, what can we do (besides punching them in the face for breaking wheaton's law)
    Are we allowed to report them or should we just let them be?

There is nothing illegal about scalping. Anything you do could be considered harassing them and get yourself in trouble.
    I recommend just leaving them alone and not wasting your time worrying about it.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • wolfemancswolfemancs Registered User regular
    I REALLY want to attend the Red Bull LAN SC2 event on Thursday. PAX Prime Badges for Thursday don't exist. Will any PAX badge work? Do I even need a PAX badge, or can I just show up?

Thanks,
    Craig

wolfemancs wrote: »
    I REALLY want to attend the Red Bull LAN SC2 event on Thursday. PAX Prime Badges for Thursday don't exist. Will any PAX badge work? Do I even need a PAX badge, or can I just show up?

Thanks,
    Craig
    I think they want you to have any PAX badge. Their event is not actually affiliate with PAX, so I don't know things for sure about them.

• SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    So perhaps I'm just being thick, but I cannot, for the life of me, find a floor map for PAX Prime 2012. Anywhere. If someone knows where I can find one, that would be *greatly* appreciated.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
    SpaceDrake wrote: »
    So perhaps I'm just being thick, but I cannot, for the life of me, find a floor map for PAX Prime 2012. Anywhere. If someone knows where I can find one, that would be *greatly* appreciated.

It's been linked a bunch in this FAQ. Try looking through the last few pages. Also, it's in the mobile guidebook guide (which can actually be accessed via a PC).

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Hey all! I did some searching on the forums and Google but I can't find where any info is for the Live stream of D&D this year. I know Twitch.TV is streaming some stuff but I didn't see it on their schedule. Anyone have any info?

Halfazedninja on
    My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• JulieLJulieL Pacific NorthwestRegistered User regular
    Will there be a sumo lounge this year? We missed having that as a place to hang out and catch our breath last year.

• VanusVanus Registered User regular
    Handheld lounges still exist on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the WSCC. I assume they will still contain beanbag chairs of some manner.

• FokkarFokkar Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if there's update information on Will Call pickup? I can't seem to find a confirmed location for this year, or times that it will be open.

Fokkar wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's update information on Will Call pickup? I can't seem to find a confirmed location for this year, or times that it will be open.
    It's at the Grand Hyatt and is open from Noon until 8pm Thursday and opens at 9am Friday+.

• JamieODJamieOD Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    Am I able to get a lanyard for my pass now or do I have to wait until PAX begins properly tomorrow?

JamieOD wrote: »
    Am I able to get a lanyard for my pass now or do I have to wait until PAX begins properly tomorrow?

They should have some lanyards at will call. I'm not certain though.

• GallickGallick Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

I asked the PAX twitter guys if I should swing by will call to pick up my lanyard, and they said they would have them scattered all throughout the convention centre, so I don't think going to will call is necessary if you already have your badges.

Gallick wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »

I asked the PAX twitter guys if I should swing by will call to pick up my lanyard, and they said they would have them scattered all throughout the convention centre, so I don't think going to will call is necessary if you already have your badges.

Yeah during PAX they are always all over the place, but as far as today goes they likely won't be as prevalent. They should have them at the info booth too though today.

• nanaki254nanaki254 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    what is the "safe" time to line up for panels in your opinions? More specifically the Razer one. I don't know how popular that one is, but it is being held at the same room the Gearbox panel, and that one was super popular last year (with good reason).

Also, will Wizards do it's Magic thing again? (I want to assume yes, but the guidebook map only shows a general tabletop area)

I would also like to know what the special tech item at the merch booth would be this year, though I'll probably find out tomorrow

nanaki254 on
    My clan: www.killazinc.net
    I sub music: My Youtube
  • starcasterstarcaster Registered User regular
    Hi, newbie question here
    How long is the wait in the queue room? I saw a video of it on YouTube and the line is huge! Also, do some people get turned away at the door even with a badge?

• nanaki254nanaki254 Registered User regular
    starcaster wrote: »
    Hi, newbie question here
    How long is the wait in the queue room? I saw a video of it on YouTube and the line is huge! Also, do some people get turned away at the door even with a badge?

The wait is how early you want to be there, up to the show floor opening at 10 am.
    People with counterfit badges get turned away or if the room is at max capacity.

My clan: www.killazinc.net
    I sub music: My Youtube
  • BanaenaeBanaenae Registered User new member
    edited August 2012
    Hi everyone I have a Pax prime pass for Friday and I have heard about goody bags that you get when you enter the expo I was wondering how early I would need to get there in order to acquire one of these goody bags

Banaenae on
  • QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    Last year, they still had bags going into Saturday.

• minecrafter5412minecrafter5412 Registered User new member
    edited August 2012
    Does anyone know where pax east 2014 will be held? Ive really been trying to plan in advance!

minecrafter5412 on
    When do they give you the bags?

Hi I had a question, When will you hand out the goody bags?

• ComplexityComplexity Registered User regular
    Do we need to bring the confirmation letter? I would imagine that we don't... but one of my friends got me worried. I'm not picking up at will call, I have my pass.

• kfoilkfoil Registered User regular
    starcaster wrote: »
    Hi, newbie question here
    How long is the wait in the queue room?

Also curious about this. Is arriving around 8ish 'early enough'? This is my first year and I was just wondering how was it last year.

• AppoAppo Registered User regular
    So, I just realized that this will be my first PAX where I took my car here, rather than having a relative drive me down in the morning, so my question is - Where can I find parking before the convention center garage opens? I normally get there at around 4:30-5:00, and the convention center parking doesn't open until 5:30. =(

This discussion has been closed.