As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 08/29/12: Would a Villain Share his Cheesitums?

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited August 2012 in Graphic Violence
FF #21, best issue of the week, hands down. The theme of the issue is love and relationships, and how big Spider-Man's butt is:

ff21a.jpg

ff21b.jpg

ff21c.jpg

ff21d.jpg

In order to broker a truce between the Inhumans and Kree, Blackbolt agreed to split up Ronan and Crystal (who might be pregnant)

Uncanny X-Force #30, superheroes play basketball, supervillains play pool:
xforceuncanny30a.jpg

xforceuncanny30b.jpg

Gambit #2, Remy has a lead foot
gambit2a.jpg

gambit2b.jpg

TexiKen on

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    To be fair, she did push Remy through a skylight.

Had a lot of good things i liked this week, but going to go with X-Treme X-Men #2:
    The Alternate Reality Chuck and Erik Dapper Gentlemen muscle-gatling-hover car road trip
    oY1XB.jpg

• Options
    Also Avenging Spidey was a real tearjerker, both because of the touching moments and crying at the horribly matched Dillon art. I just don't think this was the right project for his style, maybe its just me though.

Also, Aunt May says a thing about her new hubby that I will never get out of my mind. Thanks.

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Yeah, FF was a heartbreaking issue. Really hope the artist gets a NOW! book.
    Though this panel lol
    Wt6Vf.jpg
    (ill have my stuff up in a bit.)

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    X-Treme X-Men was fucking fantastic

totally blew away my expectations of where the story was gonna go

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Ultimate Comics X-Men #15 was another great issue for Wood. Great character building (also yay Ultimate Husk) and the small fight at the beginning of the issue was great character building.
    EeUut.jpg

xsP6s.jpg

FbULa.jpg

The Flash Annual #1 Has Flash fight against the new Rogues. I loved how the issue was structured like the old marvel comics with actual multiple parts for the issue.
    JF24M.jpg

4cAHB.jpg

Green Lantern Annual #1 Was more about the Guardians retrieving the first lantern / creating the first Third Army solider. Also it was neat to see that Sinestro / Hal were able to influence / mess up the Ring's selection for their replacement before they "died".
    SwmRl.jpg

0fzy5.jpg

Ipf9a.jpg

px8Mb.jpg

Justice League #12 was still pretty eh, but thought I would post the scene leading up to the "kiss" so everyone could complain about it :P.
    XBD9I.jpg

PFAGo.jpg

OmkOf.jpg

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    One liner of the week:

"So where do you want to go on our first date?"

"Someplace that doesn't allow children"

"The Strip Club it is, then"

• Options
    Yeah, I really enjoyed WatXM this week too.

• Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    "Vote Quire, that is all."

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah, WatXM was also really goddamn good and a return to the tone/format of earlier issues after the brief AvX detour

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Captain Marvel #3 has a little piece at the end that suggests that Carol may have stepped on the proverbial butterfly during her adventure in WWII
    mpAEv.jpg

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Also Avenging Spidey was a real tearjerker, both because of the touching moments and crying at the horribly matched Dillon art. I just don't think this was the right project for his style, maybe its just me though.

Also, Aunt May says a thing about her new hubby that I will never get out of my mind. Thanks.

I was too distracted by the aggressively boring art to get pulled in by the Aunt May/Peter Parker moments. Dillon's art has been the only major misstep since Avenging started. The book has boasted some of the best art in comics up until this point.

Samnee has an incredible throwback style that would have been perfect. The cover should have just been the teaser for the interior art.

WatXM's return to form was excellent. And Bachalo next issue! More excellent!

I hope that more of the kids stay after AvX. Maybe even invite the Avengers Academy kids over, too.

X-treme X-men #2 was even better than the first. It could definitely fill a lot of the Defenders void. Everyone should pick it up so it doesn't share the same fate.

I've only been able to read my Marvel books so far, plus X-O Manowar, which is also great. Up next: DC and indie titles.

• Options
    I really enjoyed X-O Manowar this week. Two things jumped out at me, the first was that the discussion between the various Vine leaders at the beginning was actually pretty nuanced, showing the character and allegiance of all involved, it made the Vine seem more and more like actual people than just faceless aliens, building on similar things in previous issues.

And also that the aerial fight between Alaric and the Eurofighters was really, really cool. Lovely art and speed. I like that Alaric is not really bothered about killing people who attack or threaten him, he's from a harsher time and that informs a lot of his decisions, hopefully we'll see his exposure to more modern views change him or at least make him question himself.

Great series, really enjoying it!

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Loved the cliffhanger ending to the Flash Annual.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I really enjoyed X-O Manowar this week. Two things jumped out at me, the first was that the discussion between the various Vine leaders at the beginning was actually pretty nuanced, showing the character and allegiance of all involved, it made the Vine seem more and more like actual people than just faceless aliens, building on similar things in previous issues.

And also that the aerial fight between Alaric and the Eurofighters was really, really cool. Lovely art and speed. I like that Alaric is not really bothered about killing people who attack or threaten him, he's from a harsher time and that informs a lot of his decisions, hopefully we'll see his exposure to more modern views change him or at least make him question himself.

Great series, really enjoying it!

I agree with all of that.

I like that the discussion in the beginning sets up the one in the end and fleshes out the aliens a great deal without using more than a couple pages.

Also, that as aggressive as he is, he stopped once he realized he wasn't fighting enemies and spared the last pilot.

There is one thing I disagree with, however. The protagonist is actually named Aric of Dacia.

• Options
    yeah, he's the son of Alaric isn't he? Or something?

I always get that mixed up

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

Defenders void. Everyone should pick it up so it doesn't share the same fate.

what!!! damn it this sucks.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Fuck

Black

Bolt

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Even in a very strong week for comics, the best thing I read was Vitruvian Underground. The basic premise is that a mini-Vril Dox has decided to assemble a team of superheroes, but has been turned down by any reputable hero. That leaves him with Bola, a delusional headcase, Stampede, an ex-con with unreliable superpowers, Robot, his robot, and Walt, a strong guy.

I think what I'm digging about this book so much, is that it feels like a real throwback to nineties comics like Major Bummer, Young Justice, or Slingers. These are the bottom-barrel superheroes with extreme personalities, all forced to work together, and form something resembling a team.

The first issue is 24-pages long, and just $1, so it's a lot of bang for your buck. Additionally, you can read half the issue for free. So, check it out. See how it strikes you, and if you like it, buy it. Because I want to read more of this thing.
    Bola, professional crazy person and superhero.

5fksd.jpg

bEZM5.jpg

Munch on