As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Prime] The Fifth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament [Full!]

• Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    DEEP CROW! OH NOOOO! DEEP CROOOOOW!

Oh I would absolutely LOVE to see that reappear. I do not recommend myself for guidance (I would probably end up walking everyone straight into Elliott Bay), however I would be more than happy to buy a round for any Ravenclaw willing to show us the way.

• Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    Well I've got this banner for Ravenclaw OOTP this year, so if DE wants to sport the Deep Crow, that seems fitting. :) If not, I'm sure we can find it a good home!
    flag.png

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    That's so Ravenclaw.

• Options
    KryptaraKryptara Registered User regular
    That banner is fantastic, @skarsol. I tried to search the thread to see if there already was a banner planned, so as not to step on any toes, but couldn't figure out how to search a specific thread (my bad). While my heart is with OotP I agree that the theme of the deep crow banner fits more with DE. Let me know who I can drop it off with on Thursday.

• Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    I just picked up that banner today, so it wasn't in the thread previously. :)

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I see your banner and raise you this.
    Drankallthedrinks.jpg

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    skarsol wrote: »
    Well I've got this banner for Ravenclaw OOTP this year, so if DE wants to sport the Deep Crow, that seems fitting. :) If not, I'm sure we can find it a good home!
    flag.png

I don't know if our HoH already has a banner, but if not I'm sure we could find someone to play tour-leader and carry it for us. I'll be at the PPD if someone can be there to hand it off.

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • Options
    A couple spots just opened up on the Eventbrite page.

• Options
    douglasbouttelldouglasbouttell Glasgow, UKRegistered User regular
    I take it you have yet to announce where we are meeting? Or am I being an idiot and not seeing it?

P.S. my internet will be sparodic for all of wednesday. Damn transit.

Douglas Bouttell: Geek, Engineer, Weirdo

PAX East 2013 Status
    Hotel: Waterfront Westin; Flight: Booked; Pass: Purchased; Suitcase: Packed

PAX Prime 2012 Status: Level Complete
    TWDT'12: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    I take it you have yet to announce where we are meeting? Or am I being an idiot and not seeing it?

P.S. my internet will be sparodic for all of wednesday. Damn transit.

Check the OP under your house.

• Options
    vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    I have the beginnings of the cold my partner is currently suffering from. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Why does it have to be right before PAX and the TWDT? I just ODed on vitamins, swallowed a garlic clove and took a Cold Eeze. I don't care if it's a placebo, I'm gonna enjoy my first TWDT, dammit!

• Options
    JoshEEEJoshEEE Registered User regular
    vgc wrote: »
    I have the beginnings of the cold my partner is currently suffering from. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Why does it have to be right before PAX and the TWDT? I just ODed on vitamins, swallowed a garlic clove and took a Cold Eeze. I don't care if it's a placebo, I'm gonna enjoy my first TWDT, dammit!

There it is, folks. Write it down...quote it...this is where PAX POX 2012 began. :-)

Bring it

GWgFmYD.png
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    At least patient zero of this year's PAX SARS has already been identified. :lol:

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    This is our chance to nip it in the bud. We need to pour so much alcohol into vgc, that no sort of bacterium and/or virus can survive.

We must pray that her liver survives the pounding. Just remember, if jaundice sets in, then it's time to scale things back. :D

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Screwdrivers mixed with Airborn, ALL NIGHT LONG!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    MrDoctorProfessorMrDoctorProfessor Registered User regular
    Typhoid VGC. Plenty of gin and tonics should keep the scurvy and malaria at bay.

noAZAb5.png?1
    Hey Satan!
    Steam
  • Options
    Oh man...I totally didn't see these replies:
    redhalo wrote: »

Thing is, if your palette can't differentiate between these different beers, then I don't see how your palette can differentiate between any other foods and beverages. This is sad and makes me think it's some kind of traumatized mental issue, like watching your parents murdered in front of you or being the lone survivor of a plane crash.

It's not that my palette can't differentiate between them...it's that they all taste equally horrible to me. I have a ton of friends who are always telling me "Oh you should try this beer or this Cider, because it totally doesn't taste like beer and you'll love it!" And then I do. And then I hate it.

But don't take my word for it:

As a longtime friend of JoshEEE's, I can testify to the fact that he has tried a wide variety of beers and ciders, including Lindemann's, and after each one, proclaimed, "Tastes like beer." At this point, I've given up. If he doesn't want any of my tasty cider and/or beer, it just means more for me! ;)

Put a cup of booze-soaked gummy bears in front of him, though, and those will be gone in 2 seconds. :P

She knows what she's talking about. She's seen people hand me beer after beer (and cider after cider)....and I always give it a try, but it never tastes as advertised. I will stick with my hard liquor, which I hear....is much quicker.
    Glad to see I am not alone in the beer disliking group though!

ME TOO. Even if there are only two of us out of a few hundred....we stand united. :-)

Beer aside, I am looking very forward to this. Our group starts and ends up at my favorite bar in Seattle (IMHO, they make the best "girly" drinks in the city...and that's a compliment coming from me). Weather is supposed to be good and

Bring it

GWgFmYD.png
  • Options
    ...that means the walking around will be great!

(Yes...I hit enter before I was ready to go...and no, I have not started drinking early)

Bring it

GWgFmYD.png
  • Options
    ChazzonChazzon Registered User regular
    Hey can I get the address for the Hufflepuff meetup? I've tried searching by what was posted for a location. But All I get is a spot 30 miles away from seattle..I hope that'd not be it, cause that's a pretty good distance..lol

If someone could PM me it that be awesome I fly from Japan in about 6 hours, so I doubt I'll have a chance to check the forums and read through to get it. So a PM would assure that I get the address..lol! Thanks!

• Options
    Chazzon wrote: »
    Hey can I get the address for the Hufflepuff meetup? I've tried searching by what was posted for a location. But All I get is a spot 30 miles away from seattle..I hope that'd not be it, cause that's a pretty good distance..lol

If someone could PM me it that be awesome I fly from Japan in about 6 hours, so I doubt I'll have a chance to check the forums and read through to get it. So a PM would assure that I get the address..lol! Thanks!

All of this information is listed in the OP with maps included.

Hufflepuff OotP
    Hufflepuff DE

• Options
    As of right now there are a couple spots open.

• Options
    vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    Patient zero update: woke up this morning worse than before. Stupid vitamins and cold eeze and garlic didn't work. I took a sick day today, which I feel bad doing since I'm taking Friday off, but I need to be at my wizarding peak! Interesting fact: my cat is sick too with the same symptoms as me. We're in bed being sick together.

• Options
    stabn_stabn_ Registered User regular
    CatSARS O_o. Do not want.

Slytherin Headboy: Order of the Phoenix!
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Can we get a big ol' QUARANTINE sticker for vgc's hotel room door?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Witches and Wizards!

We are a day away from this year's Triwizard Drinking Tournament! If you're a first year, you're in for one magical evening. If you're a returning student, you probably don't remember much from previous years so it should be just as magical for you. As we approach the zero hour, here's a handy checklist to make sure your night goes smoother than some of the drink concoctions you're likely to encounter.

Have Your Eventbrite Confirmation: This is a big one. As this is our first time using Eventbrite for registration, it's important that we get it right. You having either a printout of your confirmation or having it available to scan from your smart device is a big part of this. This will facilitate faster checkin for your wonderful Heads as well as give me an accurate headcount.

Remember Your Donation: While we only ask for $1 at the beginning of the evening that only covers the printing costs for the buttons and scorecards. Anything you donate above and beyond that goes straight to Child's Play. Some houses will have different incentives as well as items available for auction. Every dollar that you give helps bring your house closer to winning the coveted House Cup.

Have Fun: This really is the most important part of the evening. When you take away the goofy theme and the fundraising, you are left with an event that's meant to be fun for everyone involved. An event that's meant to break the ice between you and 400 fellow PAX goers. Don't let anything stand between you and having a good time.

That's all I really have. A few spots have been opening up here and there and I've been handling the few issues that have arisen. However, I will be in transit for a good chuck of Thursday so consider tonight the deadline for any pressing issues you might have. If you haven't already, now would be a great time to check and make sure you have access to your Eventbrite confirmation.

See all of you tomorrow night!

• Options
    Foppas SpleenFoppas Spleen Registered User new member
    My liver is ready.

• Options
    Whomever just grabbed the last 2 tickets just grabbed the last 2 tickets for the TWDT5.

Ever.

• Options
    Whomever just grabbed the last 2 tickets just grabbed the last 2 tickets for the TWDT5.

Ever.

Unless someone grabs the 2 that just opened up.

• Options
    BinkleyBinkley Registered User regular
    Hufflepuff DE will be auctioning off a random assortment of goods to help raise donations, check it out here:
    https://plus.google.com/photos/103821356712624908057/albums/5782352697122215393?authkey=CM2rxtePzevU7wE

A video blog about random jank:
    The KB Life
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    And now to sleep the sleep that so many other mighty leaders have experienced the day before an epic battle.

SLYTHERIN DEATH EATERS, TONIGHT WE DINE AT WHATEVER GREASE PIT IS OPEN AT 2AM!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    UnfetteredUnfettered Registered User regular
    In a bar in ATL doing some "prep work". Anyone else catching the 1:30 to SEA?

Hufflepuff DE - HoH - Huffledrunk 4 Lyf!

RIP: uncomfortably hot tire vest

u want destiny raid? We be raidin'! XBL: Unfettered
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I kid you not, one suit-case is full of electronic chargers and everything for the House Elves tonight. We are prepared for tonight!

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    It's been a long wait, but I have only one word to describe the anticipation in the Carl voice: TONIGHT!

2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    I kid you not, one suit-case is full of electronic chargers and everything for the House Elves tonight. We are prepared for tonight!

You're gonna have a lot of room for swag going home... Wait a second, was all this generosity just a way to trick yourself into saving swag space for you on the way home? Hmmmm...?

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Our shirts have arrived!! :D

308429_10151010099416954_1755501844_n.jpg

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    Heads of Houses!

I have arrived and settled into my hotel room at The Paramount. I may be unavailable for the next couple hours but should be good to go after 3ish for you to pickup your packets.

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Enigmas wrote: »

You're gonna have a lot of room for swag going home... Wait a second, was all this generosity just a way to trick yourself into saving swag space for you on the way home? Hmmmm...?
    Curses! You figured out my plan!

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    douglasbouttelldouglasbouttell Glasgow, UKRegistered User regular
    We should all try and get our picture with mister hendrix on Broadway. Just sayin

Douglas Bouttell: Geek, Engineer, Weirdo

PAX East 2013 Status
    Hotel: Waterfront Westin; Flight: Booked; Pass: Purchased; Suitcase: Packed

PAX Prime 2012 Status: Level Complete
    TWDT'12: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    Guess what?

It's less than 1 hour to show time. Do you know where your house is?

• Options
    stabn_stabn_ Registered User regular
    Heart this event

Slytherin Headboy: Order of the Phoenix!
This discussion has been closed.