As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Limited [chat]

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Walked outside and saw a Prius sitting outside. For a second I was scared it was my car. Thankfully, a towncar pulled up to get me. I don't even know hat I would have done of the Prius was mine. Do they even have back seats?

Yes. But they are small

It's a ridiculous chauffeured car. I don't know what I'm going to do when all the town cars are off the road. They have the softest ride. The luxury edition suburbans are nice, but ride is not as smooth. You can get an extended BMW 7 series or Lexus LS, but those are both too expensive for the drivers to afford.
    I am a big fan of the town cars. The backseat is huge - my old driver, Pierre, had one... I loved getting rides home or out to the shore in that car.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Rad, squirm!

excellent job.

I hope I have as much luck.

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

david guetta

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    tumblr_m9jli2ik051roimnd.gif

My Kickstarter is funded.

46-Ross-Boom.gif

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    yessssssss rick ross gifs

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I feel like Rick Ross and Colbert are kind of playing the same game

• stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Podly wrote: »

I would love to right about now. But we work together so I'm trying really hard to be as cordial as possible. Here's the situation in a nutshell
    Note: This took place from April - August. This was not a quick thing.

Got involved with girl at work in a non-sexual friend oriented way. Her boyfriend is in the Navy and currently deployed.

We became very emotionally close and she spent the night one night. No sexy things happened.

She broke up with him.

He called her back from port 30 hours later and professed his love. She told me she had to give it a shot with him.

We became friends. Started drinking together and got very flirty (hand-holding, lots of touching, lying together, cuddly, etc etc)

She freaked out and we stopped. But "still wanted to be friends".

We kept allowing ourselves to get into situations.

She came to my roommates birthday party, we got drunk, went back to her place, and slept in the same bed. I kissed her that morning and she freaked out.

I acknowledged that what I was doing was fucked up and wrong, and told her I couldnt participate in it anymore if it was this upsetting to her.

We stayed work friends but she incessantly pushed to get closer again. I resisted.

Her boyfriend came home and I decided against meeting him. He knew who I was and she said he was fine with me.

Their last day before their vacation (last week), she said he wanted to meet me. I said as a favor to her, and if it would smooth things over, I would. (I'm not sure how much he knows about us but its probably not a ton).

We talk and he tells me Im going to get my ass kicked if I try and "steal his girlfriend" again. She freaks out, apologized. They go away. Her and I had discussed that after being a problem for them, if he wasn't okay with me (which he shouldnt have been) I had to jump on the grenade and be done. I wasnt going to actively be a wedge between them.

They come back yesterday, I come back to work today. She acts like nothing happened, and after I'm cordial but not engaging, she asks me what the deal is. I, not wanting to create drama, tell her that Im not angry or upset Im just doing whats best for everyone involved. She continuously hounds me throughout the day with different tactics (getting upset, getting quiet) ends with getting really angry and telling me that shes super mad at me. I said she had every right to be and she said that she thinks I "burn through people" and that its mean and disgusting. I told her we shouldnt have this conversation now (read: ever).

Keep in mind, I'm not saying I was a saint here. I engaged in an emotional affair with a girl for over three months. I own that. When he told me off, he had every right to. What was I going to argue with? But at the same time, it's growing tiresome that after Ive watched this girl sob and say shes a whore and tell me she feels so guilty, she still is too delusional to act like her and I can just be friends, or that its a good idea for us to spend time together. Its getting exhausting preserving HER relationship.

Also she's 5 years old than me and I have to be the adult.

stevemarks44 on
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Ares Is A Lazy Fuck And Didn't Go To The Grocery Store wrap:

-not enough leftover broiled chicken to make a meal on its own
    -pita that's been in there for weeks, lightly toasted (so as to kill potential threats)
    -red pepper hummus
    -last slice of cheddar cheese, surprisingly no mold
    -most of an English cucumber that I forgot about but since it's shrink wrapped it's still fresh
    -okay the spinach is all limp so that's a no-go
    -and the tomato smells funny, not eating that
    -half an avocado (what happened to the other half? a spoon, that's what)
    -baby carrots and green grapes!

Somehow the healthiest meal I eat all week is the one I scrounged together.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Walked outside and saw a Prius sitting outside. For a second I was scared it was my car. Thankfully, a towncar pulled up to get me. I don't even know hat I would have done of the Prius was mine. Do they even have back seats?

Yes. But they are small

It's a ridiculous chauffeured car. I don't know what I'm going to do when all the town cars are off the road. They have the softest ride. The luxury edition suburbans are nice, but ride is not as smooth. You can get an extended BMW 7 series or Lexus LS, but those are both too expensive for the drivers to afford.
    I am a big fan of the town cars. The backseat is huge - my old driver, Pierre, had one... I loved getting rides home or out to the shore in that car.

There is no better car to be driven in, IMO, although I've never been in a Maybach.

I think I remember you mentioning the earlier stuff.

Really sucks, Steve. Sorry dogg.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    So say you have a $10k Kickstarter, and with just a few hours left you're at $7k and know you won't make it to fully funded.

Couldn't you just fund the remaining $3k yourself, to get the $7k?

nibXTE7.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Dammit skfm, you didn't have to take the lirr. You won!
    You should have been happy if a puke green CRX driven by a dude with a baseball cap with an unvent brim with a fake sticker drive you home

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    So say you have a $10k Kickstarter, and with just a few hours left you're at $7k and know you won't make it to fully funded.

Would there be something wrong with that?

I don't think you can fund your own kickstarter? At least, not directly. It might be frowned on, but you could give someone the 3K, have them donate, and then have kickstarter give you all 10K. Well, minus the, what, 15% or so.

• GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    steve damn that's a hard situation.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Enjoy your privileged life dawg

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Also, I like this chick a lot, except (1) I get the feeling she like fake laughs at my jokes sometimes, because she will like act like something I said was much funnier than it was, and (2) I had her watch Up and she kept like talking during the movie and commenting on it like "this is so cute!" and crap like that, and I wasn't sure if she was trying to humor me or something. It's like, I can't tell whether she's actually really over-emphatic about things or whether she is humoring me and trying too hard because she wants my cock.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Also, I like this chick a lot, except (1) I get the feeling she like fake laughs at my jokes sometimes, because she will like act like something I said was much funnier than it was, and (2) I had her watch Up and she kept like talking during the movie and commenting on it like "this is so cute!" and crap like that, and I wasn't sure if she was trying to humor me or something. It's like, I can't tell whether she's actually really over-emphatic about things or whether she is humoring me and trying too hard because she wants my cock.

Winky stop over thinking relationships cutiepie.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I would not over think this, Winky.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Vanguard and I are like DIS.

You're a damn fool, winkmeister.

I only have two modes; total neglect and fevered obsession.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I laugh harder than I should at the jokes of people I'm attracted to, not because I'm faking it but just because attraction makes everything a person says more endearing.

:whistle: don't laugh at my jokes too much :whistle:

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I laugh harder than I should at the jokes of people I'm attracted to, not because I'm faking it but just because attraction makes everything a person says more endearing.

If I'm watching a comedy in a movie theater, I'll laugh out loud at some of the jokes. If I'm watching a comedy on DVD alone, I won't laugh at all.

• Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular

Actually, no. A friend PayPal'd me $25 because he couldn't make a pledge (Amazon issues, I think) so I tried to pledge on my own Kickstarter. An error message came up saying "Amazon does not let you make payments to yourself," or words to that effect.

So, no. Not unless you went to the effort of making a dummy account.

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Its times like this that I wish I derived any pleasure from hurting or being spiteful towards people.

It just does nothing for me.

I just feel bad and I think that's being preyed on. But I can't involve myself in it any longer. I don't want to hurt her feelings, but shes leaving me few other options.

• GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    So either she actually thinks you're super great or she's just pretending you're super great because she super likes you?

I fail to see the issue, sorry.

Yeah but I don't know if I want to date a chick who talks during movies when its not like hilarious riffing. My roommate actually made fun of it later 'cause he could hear her commenting on the movie from the kitchen.

He was prolly just jealous though 'cause he totes wants me.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

someone on reddit asked "Boxers or Briefs?" during the AMA

this question made me wish someone had asked
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTZ4hkFDRmE

Also my roommate once dated a gay Catholic Republican economist.

Figure that one out.

Also my roommate once dated a gay Catholic Republican economist.

Figure that one out.

Self-hating gay?

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    is this another situation where you're 'clearly joking'

Yeah actually.

Though it does strike me as a difficult identity to reconcile.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    I've gotten multiple password reset emails for Guild Wars and Minecraft today. They seem to be legit. Is this something I should worry about?

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Yeah actually.

Though it does strike me as a difficult identity to reconcile.

Nonsense. Guilt ties it all together.

... to whom are you referring?

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Yeah but I don't know if I want to date a chick who talks during movies when its not like hilarious riffing. My roommate actually made fun of it later 'cause he could hear her commenting on the movie from the kitchen.

He was prolly just jealous though 'cause he totes wants me.
    Just so long as she doesn't text during movies

This discussion has been closed.