As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Limited [chat]

1919293949597»

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    mrflippy wrote: »
    I've gotten multiple password reset emails for Guild Wars and Minecraft today. They seem to be legit. Is this something I should worry about?

A lot of people are. It mostly means people are plugging in your username/email and seeing if there's anything there. They'll probably send you a fake email asking for account information.

Just make sure your email address has a strong and unique password and you take advantage of two-factor authentication if possible.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    enhanced-buzz-27636-1346212864-3.jpg

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Podly wrote: »

This fucking world.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Yeah but I don't know if I want to date a chick who talks during movies when its not like hilarious riffing. My roommate actually made fun of it later 'cause he could hear her commenting on the movie from the kitchen.

He was prolly just jealous though 'cause he totes wants me.
    Just so long as she doesn't text during movies

I'd excuse her if it was important news about the date farm.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Maybe the boyfriend is a genius who was skipped ahead a grade or two or five?

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I've gotten multiple password reset emails for Guild Wars and Minecraft today. They seem to be legit. Is this something I should worry about?

A lot of people are. It mostly means people are plugging in your username/email and seeing if there's anything there. They'll probably send you a fake email asking for account information.

Just make sure your email address has a strong and unique password and you take advantage of two-factor authentication if possible.

But I haven't gotten anything about account information. They seem to be actual password reset emails.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I know we were bullshitting about weight earlier but jesus this is fucking hard to read

edit* probably NSFW

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/bonespo

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Noooooo

• Options

But I haven't gotten anything about account information. They seem to be actual password reset emails.

I dunno about Guild Wars but GW2 uses your account name to send those emails and your name is pretty damn visible. Anybody can trigger that email from ArenaNet.

• Options
    desc wrote: »

Noooooo

I know, right. He's TOTALLY gonna cheat on her.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    I know we were bullshitting about weight earlier but jesus this is fucking hard to read

edit* probably NSFW

Is this fucking real.
    Hi Thinderella! I bought these tapewormZ diet pills last month and they worked great, but what kind of laxies do I use to get them out of me? I think they've infested my brain now and it's a little annoying.
    dollhouseblues
    Hi yourself, skinny bitch! Congrats on investing in tapeworms; they’re a great way to slim down if you don’t mind harboring a few harmless parasites.

Unfortunately, you can’t use laxies to get rid of tapeworms. The tapeworms will just eat the laxies, and then you’ll have tapeworm diarrhea in your stomach—SO gauche. Instead, I would recommend dropping by your nearest back-alley abortion clinic for a quick, painless, and safe removal. You can even bring your own coat hanger if you want to make sure there aren’t any trace calories on the wire! If you happen to be pregnant, you can take care of that while you’re at it, too—you’ll probably even get a discount!

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Do you know if Guild Wars and Minecraft, when you put your email into the "I forgot my password" field and submit it, give you a succeed/fail (We've sent you a password reset email/We have no record of that email) message?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Podly your posts got really depressing all of a sudden.

Go back to posting sick beats, etc.

• Options
    Podly your posts got really depressing all of a sudden.

Go back to posting sick beats, etc.

Long Live the New Flesh!

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    As someone who dictates texts into his phone out loud during movies,

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Is this fucking real.
    Hi Thinderella! I bought these tapewormZ diet pills last month and they worked great, but what kind of laxies do I use to get them out of me? I think they've infested my brain now and it's a little annoying.
    dollhouseblues
    Hi yourself, skinny bitch! Congrats on investing in tapeworms; they’re a great way to slim down if you don’t mind harboring a few harmless parasites.

Unfortunately, you can’t use laxies to get rid of tapeworms. The tapeworms will just eat the laxies, and then you’ll have tapeworm diarrhea in your stomach—SO gauche. Instead, I would recommend dropping by your nearest back-alley abortion clinic for a quick, painless, and safe removal. You can even bring your own coat hanger if you want to make sure there aren’t any trace calories on the wire! If you happen to be pregnant, you can take care of that while you’re at it, too—you’ll probably even get a discount!

Sounds pretty fake.

• Options
    wow

#pro-ana

wow

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular

edit* probably NSFW

Is this fucking real.
    dollhouseblues

Honestly, as absurd as it sounds? Poe's law all up ins.

I have no idea.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

isn't that special

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »

Bro those screens are so bright, don't wanna bother people, let Siri handle that shit, awright.

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular

Do you know if Guild Wars and Minecraft, when you put your email into the "I forgot my password" field and submit it, give you a succeed/fail (We've sent you a password reset email/We have no record of that email) message?

I'm not sure.

• Options
    Wait, what layer of real are we talking about here?

Like are they really mocking anorexic people? Or are they mocking people mocking anorexic people? Or are they anorexic and mocking themselves?

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Perhaps try out the failsafe password things yourself, see what happens?

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options

Like are they really mocking anorexic people? Or are they mocking people mocking anorexic people? Or are they anorexic and mocking themselves?

girls talking about thigh gaps

it's kind of everything

it's the internet

pharmaka all up ins

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

I'm not sure.

The point is that as long as your email is secure there's nothing they can do even if they get these emails sent to you.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Dammit skfm, you didn't have to take the lirr. You won!
    You should have been happy if a puke green CRX driven by a dude with a baseball cap with an unvent brim with a fake sticker drive you home

I left the office at 10. I don't think that's winning by any definition. . .

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    So my pain is gone from my back/kidneys/legs.

But now Im on vicodin.

So..........

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

girls talking about thigh gaps

it's kind of everything

it's the internet

pharmaka all up ins

Don't judge my thinspo

#socialjustice #pro-ana #tooweaktostand

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    @Inquisitor - oh, whew, I was contemplating either suicide or playing Cthulhutech, and that noose was looking pretty tempted

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    So my pain is gone from my back/kidneys/legs.

But now Im on vicodin.

So..........

This is what we call a good problem

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Man, reading those threads definitely touched some issues and made me feel very anxious.

Luckily I only have mild body issues and I can just say "Don't want to think about that anymore, time for a beer!"

Gotta go pick up some beer though.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.