As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Prime] Passes Are Arriving!!!

1234568»

• Options
    JenaelynnJenaelynn Registered User regular
    :( i hope i will be able to go..

• Options
    MrsBlueMoonMrsBlueMoon Registered User new member
    I too am having the problem with missing badges (4 friday and 4 saturday). In my case, UPS delivered them to the wrong place, and they haven't been found. I haven't been able to get a good answer from pax about what to do, seems like we might end up getting screwed :( the replies from paxquestions@reedexpo.com have been less then helpful, the phone calls to them have only been some what helpful and UPS is disaster. I'm worried we are going to drive 600+ miles and not get tickets at the door. Sadness.

• Options
    Is there a phone number i can call??

• Options
    JohnSanesJohnSanes Registered User regular
    A phone number would rock, and might help a bit.

• Options
    yes it would (: but i am e-mailing the guy.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2012
    I've done what I can to pass your info along, but I don't work for PA or PAX, so I can't give you any reassurance of any kind. I would ask though that you don't use this thread to just chat about your issues, as this isn't a chat thread. If you get some new information, feel free to post it.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    A phone number would not help because there would be no one to answer it. Email is FAR more effective for this sort of thing. It is possible that someone might call you back if you put your phone number in your email (though I cannot guarantee anything).

I don't have any answers for anyone other than that I've also not heard of issues quite like this before. I have contacted my Reed contact and asked him to look into this, but I don't know what the outcome will be nor if I'll be able to add any more information here.

--Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone helping out BTW.

• Options
    charamathcharamath Registered User new member
    I'm also having a problem with my 3-day pass not being delivered. I also live in the Seattle area. I've been going through the email situation with the customer service and the response I got today was not heartening:

'Please contact your post office to see if your pass is there. We have not received anything back from the US Postal Service with your name on it. You need to have that pass in order to get into PAX, so let’s hope they either have it there or it comes to you this week.'

I contacted pretty much every local Post Office immediately after getting this and every one said they had nothing of mine. I emailed PAX back right away, but so far no response. I know that in previous years they've been very good about situations like this (though this is the first time I've personally had a problem), but this year it is not sounding good :/ If it does come down to us not getting in at all, maybe we could file a joint complaint with the BBB for a refund at least?

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    charamath wrote: »
    I'm also having a problem with my 3-day pass not being delivered. I also live in the Seattle area. I've been going through the email situation with the customer service and the response I got today was not heartening:

'Please contact your post office to see if your pass is there. We have not received anything back from the US Postal Service with your name on it. You need to have that pass in order to get into PAX, so let’s hope they either have it there or it comes to you this week.'

I contacted pretty much every local Post Office immediately after getting this and every one said they had nothing of mine. I emailed PAX back right away, but so far no response. I know that in previous years they've been very good about situations like this (though this is the first time I've personally had a problem), but this year it is not sounding good :/ If it does come down to us not getting in at all, maybe we could file a joint complaint with the BBB for a refund at least?

I doubt that filing a complaint will be necessary. As has been stated numerous times in this thread, PAX has a lengthy history of taking care of its people. It's very possible that the problem is with the Post Office, not PAX, in which case it would be out of their control anyway.

I do not work for PAX or Penny Arcade but based on past experience, they will find some way to make it right. In the very worst case scenario, I'm confident that refunds would be given voluntarily. If that happened, this would be the first year ever that a noticeable group of people didn't get passes and believe me, that would get some attention from their own internal management.

If you haven't already, be sure to include specific solution suggestions and requests in your emails. For example, offering to bring the credit card it was purchased with and the receipt of purchase to Will-Call if you haven't gotten your pass.

A little advice to whoever else might be reading this too: proactively offering ideas and solutions is the best way to resolve any problem. It communicates that you're a reasonable, personally responsible individual who is on the same team as the other party and you're both looking for a solution instead of looking for opportunities to blame. Regardless of where the fault may lie, this is absolutely your most direct path to success.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    dreamninjadreamninja Registered User regular
    I rescind my previous gripe...after a few more emails I (hopefully) got my issues resolved.

• Options
    jkiinmjkiinm Registered User new member
    My faith has been restored for the people at PAX. Looks like they aren't going to be screwing over the people who didn't receive their badges. Just got an emailing confirming I can pick them up at will call.

• Options
    Panda-s1Panda-s1 Registered User regular
    chiming in here as well. glad I'm not the only one with this issue, I haven't gotten my badge either, but no one's emailed back with any resolution. I hope it does, this has caused a lot of grief between me and my dad; he lost an important piece of my mail before, but in this case I've scoured all the mail we've received in the past month and a half, and have been getting the mail over the past month and a half as well, so it probably just never got to me.

• Options
    whoreraywhoreray Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Haven't gotten my passes either :(
    I sent an email to Pax_questions@paxsite.com so hopefully I'll hear back soon.

whoreray on
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Anyone that's having problems make sure to also E-mail registration@paxsite.com

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    charamathcharamath Registered User new member
    Yep, I emailed saying that I will gladly show my receipt and the card I used for purchase and now I have an email (from a different rep, oddly) saying that they will 'help me' at the Will Call booth. Hopefully that means a replacement! I'm relieved! This would have really messed up things if I couldn't go.

• Options
    I'm glad to see some of the problems are being resolved. Keep at it. My contacts assured me that the info is getting to the right places. Here's hoping everyone has their issues taken care of.

• Options
    I just got my email and the problem seems to be solved so woot:).

• Options
    Panda-s1Panda-s1 Registered User regular
    finally got word back, guess I know where I'm going Thursday morning (not that it's a problem, I live in the Seattle area anyway)

• Options
    MrsBlueMoonMrsBlueMoon Registered User new member
    Wow, I wish my replys from the email address were as positive as your guys. Well, the number I have is 1-877-674-8241 its for reed expo, and its the number that showed up on my billing statement when I purchased the tickets. they were helpful, and said someone could help me and replace my badges at the door. so, I hope they are right!

• Options
    PshycoNinjaPshycoNinja Registered User regular
    I got an email saying that I can bring my ID to the registration counter and I will get my badge. However my friend was told "too bad so sad". He paid for his ticket. He paid for the hotel and he's paid for the plane tickets to get up there. For my friend this is not what he wanted to hear. No one who legitimantly pays for their tickets should be denied. That is wrong. We are still traveling up there and we expect our passes to be there.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    However my friend was told "too bad so sad".
    What was your friend actually told?

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    "Unfortunately, if you do not receive your badges, you will not be able to get into PAX. The show is completely sold out and every badge is accounted for, there are no more to give out.

We really hope that you receive your badges this week."

• Options
    Now obviously not every badge was accounted for. Esspecially when you see everyone on here who didn't receive their badge.

• Options
    hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    does anyone know the hours for will call on Thursday?

Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    @PsycoNinja I'd suggest that your friend POLITELY write back, explaining that he's willing to bring his ID, proof of purchase, and credit card that made the purchase to Will-Call and ask if they'd be willing to honor that at the entrance.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    It will open at 9 am. I don't know when it will close.

--Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • Options
    Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    It closes at 7pm according to the email I got, and opens again at 8am on Friday. (I also had badges lost in the mail, but got an email back saying to print my confirmation and show up with ID.)

For a bit, this thread had me worried that the policy had invisibly changed, but it's the same procedure I went through when I had an emergency move after badges were mailed.

Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • Options
    hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    It closes at 7pm according to the email I got, and opens again at 8am on Friday. (I also had badges lost in the mail, but got an email back saying to print my confirmation and show up with ID.)

For a bit, this thread had me worried that the policy had invisibly changed, but it's the same procedure I went through when I had an emergency move after badges were mailed.

thank you! Registration was very helpful as they were in years past. Very very excited for Pax!

Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
  • Options
    violetmarmaladevioletmarmalade Registered User new member

According the the PAX twitter, Will Call is actually open 12pm-8pm Thursday.

• Options
    "Unfortunately, if you do not receive your badges, you will not be able to get into PAX. The show is completely sold out and every badge is accounted for, there are no more to give out.

We really hope that you receive your badges this week."

Was that recently? as in within the last day? Cause it sounds like within the last day, responses have changed a bit. Have him try again.

• Options
    EmyunoxiousEmyunoxious Registered User new member
    edited August 2012
    If it doesn't get here by Thursday evening, I'll just go to the help desk and show them the credit card statement and ask about what happened?

Emyunoxious on
  • Options
    duffleheaddufflehead Registered User regular
    contact pax_questions@paxsite.com but, yes, you should be able to go to the info desk with your confirmation

• Options
    dreamninjadreamninja Registered User regular
    I got my badges! The woman at willcall was really nice and there was 0 line when i got there at 945

• Options
    jkiinmjkiinm Registered User new member
    So i got an email saying I can pick up my badges at will call. I only got Saturday only badges so I won't be driving up to Seattle till Saturday. I'm just wanting to make sure that will call will be open on Saturday as well, and not only just on Thursday and Friday. Anyone know?

• Options
    KahfeeKahfee Registered User new member
    edited August 2012
    I got my badges today at registration, huge wave of relief! THANK YOU!!!

Kahfee on
This discussion has been closed.