As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAXsassins '06 - Double Dragon

124»

• DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2006
    When ok, if I win, I'll have to be sure to bring the Ninja Cup back to PAX '07, so it can be passed on to the next Ninja Master.

Unknown User on
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    No, the trophy is for the winner to keep, as are its contents.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
    edited August 2006
    I've spent the last three days printing watches and dossiers, getting dossier photos made, and assembling PAXsassins packets. Finally done!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • AndwarfAndwarf Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    ctishman wrote:
    No, the trophy is for the winner to keep, as are its contents.

Contents?

Now I'm excited!

(maybe it's made out of chocolate! Ninja chocolate!)

Andwarf on
    Most inanimate objects find me at least mildly agreeable!
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Maybe I missed it, but is there any way to print out our next target's dossier after reporting a kill? Do the free net computers downstairs have printers, is my point. I know there are only 22 people playing, so chances are a guy who kinda looks like the picture I saw hours ago and is wearing a watch is my guy, but it would be nice to be able to reference a photo to be sure. I don't want to kill the wrong person because I misremembered my target's face.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • jrunderjrunder Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    if you call up ctishman he can enter your kill and print your next target.

jrunder on
    edited August 2006
    Yeah, I'd just rather not have to bother him. Are you saying there are no printers for public use? Honestly, I'd be surprised if there were.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    The two female assassins are a little more recognizable than the guys. (Sorry, not being weird... just the way it is.) One of them was across the way from me in the line for the PA panel. She kept eyeing my watch, and though I don't think I was her target, it freaked me out enough to run away.

Then, while I was taking pictures from the second floor, the other girl walked past me and just stood right behind me. I don't think she even recognized me, but once again, I was freaked out enough to bolt.

Safe and sound in my hotel room now. Hyatt 1009 if you're interested in games and beer n' such.

DJBreslin on
  • kolekole Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    so i'm sitting down with another ninja [NSNick, my cousin] playing Nintendo DS. my wife comes up and sits down next to me. i pull the picture of my target out and study it again. as i'm putting the picture away, my target comes walking and kills my cousin. [literally, i was looking at the picture, then my head tilted up and i saw him... needless to say, i was freaked out].

...as this was happening, my mind was racing! was he after me? how did he know i was looking at his picture? does he like strawberry yogurt? what do i do? it felt like a real-time deja vou.

for some reason, i stood up and tried to get his watch with him looking right at me. he obviously knew i was after him now. i watched him go down the stairs and talk to some other ninja. so i took off, went to the 4th floor and changed my shirt. then, pure luck, he comes walking up the stairs. i merge in with some people and walk behind him. once his back was fully turned, BAM! got him!

kole on
    edited August 2006
    Holy shit what a kill!

Also, I'm sorry about yesterday. About five hours before the expo opened, the website suffered a complete hard drive failure, and was down all day. It was disorganized and really not all that much fun to play nor administer. I apologize for that issue.

However, it's back up now, and should stay up. The URL is http://www.westcoastsupertrip.org/paxsassins

Also, don't be afraid to contact me. I'm here to run the game. It's what I'm doing, and I am available to answer questions.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited August 2006
    Dammit all to hell! I got killed by one of the two girls after all. She wasn't hunting me when I ran away from her the first time, but she was hunting me later when I walked by her in the exhibition hall and she ripped my watch from my arm like ripping my heart from my chest.

Funny thing is, I posted my room number and the guy she was originally hunting happened to show up. He told me all about how she hunted him. When she killed me, she told me all about how much that guy ran away.

Oh, and I've seen the other female player with her watch on still. You'd think the women would be easy targets, but props to them for hanging in at least until late into Saturday. In fact, one of them was employing some serious strategy... scoping out the Frontalot line as it filed into the Meydenbauer. That's dedication!

PAXsassins was definitely fun this year!

DJBreslin on
  • HolyHesusHolyHesus Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    haha, well im dead.. i got too comfortable in the exhibition hall talking to some friends and one guy got me from behind... but you should have seen how paranoid I was walking all over the place with hoodies, and baggy pants attempting to blend in the with the maleness, I had my guard down in the end.

but it was a lot of fun while it lasted. thanks everyone! Thanks Ctishman! Jrunder, GrayMatter, and now I am out, no trophy for our little clique.

Hopefully, the other girl can stick it out and show that girls are awsome paxsassasins, its in our blood, we are natura bornl killers *haha seriously spite one*.

Say a hello to me if you see me walking around, I'll be more friendly this time.

HolyHesus on
    edited August 2006
    Well, the killing field has certainly narrowed down. We've had some ninjas employing unorthadox, but highly effective tactics. The current scores are:

Areilka leads with 3 kills (two more kills listed on the killboard are not hers)
    HotSake - 2 Kills (one more kill listed on the killboard is not his)
    Stifin - 2 Kills
    Jrunder - 1 Kill
    Jdarksun - 1 Kill
    Grey Matter - 1 Kill
    Maliarenko - 1 Kill
    Heavyness - 1 Kill
    HolyHesus - 1 Kill

6 players remain:
    Heavyness
    Areilka
    Adewade
    Stifin
    HotSake
    Nephirij

Day 3, Ninjas! Get to it!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited August 2006
    Another kill for Stifin!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited August 2006
    Aaaand we have a winner!

Areilka has ruled over you all! Tremble in awe!

Go ahead, tremble!

Pic forthcoming, or so I'm told.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited August 2006
    ctishman wrote:
    Aaaand we have a winner!

Areilka has ruled over you all! Tremble in awe!

Go ahead, tremble!

Pic forthcoming, or so I'm told.

God damn, she earned it too. As she mentioned on the killboard, she deprived me of my wang. (I was wearing "Got Wang?" when she killed me.)

Update to my earlier story... when I posted my room number on the HYATT thread, the one and only dude that came up was a PAXsassin. He didn't seem too jittery so I didn't think to ask him who his target was. It was me! I had my watch off at that point... sitting on my hotel desk... so he couldn't make the kill. (As owner of the room, I guess I auto-declared it off limits, just to make it fit the rules.)

And JRunder... damn you to hell. I just had to get the most generic looking white guy there. But in the end, I guess that doesn't seem to matter. I'm totally blown away that Areilka won it. She was hard not to notice. (I bumped into her constantly.)

Congrats Areilka!

DJBreslin on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    I kinda wanted to play this year...but I also didn't. Oh well.

Anyone else do the Assassin's Creed assassins game? I did but didn't do that great. I didn't die all the way, but I was far from winning...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    how do you receive a target? I mean, does the dossier say "Get the guy with watch number "###""? does it have a pic?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited August 2006
    I really want to enter this next year sounds like a lot of fun.

Unknown User on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    how do you receive a target? I mean, does the dossier say "Get the guy with watch number "###""? does it have a pic?

The Assassin's Creed game?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited August 2006
    Paxassassins.

Unknown User on
    edited August 2006
    You get a face shot picture of your target. When you find your target, you rip off their paper watch. On the back of their watch is a code you use to log your kill and receive your next target (which was their current target). Last year, the players managed all of this. This year, there was a website you could use.

DJBreslin on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    ah...so you send in a pic of yourself. sounds cool.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited August 2006
    Yeah, everyone sends in a ninja picture for fun and for show. It gets posted to the website and to this thread.

But everyone also sends in a decent quality pic of their head to ctishman. I still have my picture of JRunder. I guess I should've given it to Areilka when she killed me, but it didn't come up. She likely went to the website or ctishman and got a pic of him herself.

Or maybe she just committed everyone's face to memory after the first meeting. That would be possible for a ninja of her skill level. ;)

DJBreslin on
    edited August 2006
    Great game, guys. Two kills didn't win it, but at least I kept my watch. I had Stifin from the end of Day 1, and I never saw him. Nuts to that.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
    edited August 2006
    Good game. Sorry, Charlie Tish, about never getting my only kill up on the board (taking out HolyHesus at one of the most dishonorable of times - right before a concert)... Sunday just disappeared so quickly...

Well, last year I didn't kill anyone, and was never killed, this year I made a kill and stayed alive again...

Next year? I expect one of you to take me down. I'll be disappointed if you don't.

Andwarf on
    edited August 2006
    Kole, I was that chap that fragged your cousin. I was following you guys for quite a while, actually. But I lost you just before the game started. So I couldn't get my kill right away.

The real annoying part was that I -recognized- you when I saw you up on the fourth floor, but my brain just didn't relegate the info to that 'Oh shit something's wrong' portion of my cerebrum. Good idea on changing shirts, though. That really helped.

Unknown User on
    edited August 2006
    1106234142_l.jpg

haha...

HolyHesus on
    edited August 2006
    Right before a concert is a pretty good time to snag one. I got my first kill right before the Xbox panel. I was in line with MrPulsar, Haze, and some girl who wouldn't even say her name :roll: just hanging out. The doors open, the line starts moving, and before we can get inside I ask MrPulsar if he minds if I take this, snagging his watch. Safety so close, and yet so far. :)

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    i had arielka, and i saw her the first day, but didn't see her at all after that.

Nephirij on
    edited August 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    i had arielka, and i saw her the first day, but didn't see her at all after that.
    It's funny how that works. I saw her a hojillion times. (Except for the one time she killed me.)

DJBreslin on
    edited August 2006
    haha yah i saw her amillion times too me and my friend thought she was after one of us.

HolyHesus on
    edited September 2006
    Hey all, there are a handful of pics of you assassins on my PAX pictures posting. HolyHesus, Areilka, ctishman, JRunder (I think) and others...

http://www.djbreslin.com/dj/pax2006.htm

I'm still waiting for word from the winner, and pictures of the trophy in its rightful resting place. Or... perhaps the master assassin simply fades into the shadows. Did she really exist? Or did we just imagine her...

DJBreslin on
    edited September 2006
    Haha yah the one that are question jrunder is him. Me and bunch of other people came toghether, those peoplpe are the group of people circled around each other in the pic with me!

HolyHesus on
    edited September 2006
    Well well, our Mistress Ninja 2006 has peered from the iron gates of her mountain fortress long enough to shoot an arrow into the side of my email client. Attached to the arrow was this image:

master2006.jpg

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited September 2006
    Whoo hoo! Been waiting for that. Cheers and congrats once again!

Until next time...

DJBreslin on
    edited September 2006
    "We'll... meet again... don't know where... don't know wheeeeeeeeennn..."

Andwarf on
  • areilkaareilka Registered User new member
    edited September 2006
    Hi everyone!

I figured I might as well post something (not that I frequent the forums much, but as a gesture of thanks).

Anyway, thanks to everyone that participated in the game during PAX06 and huge props to ctishman for organizing everything even though I've already told him how 1337 he is for doing this.

As to the trophy, it sits securely in my fortress and sorry for being all mysterious after PAX was done. It's nice to add to the mystery of my ninja masterness, but I was really just out of town for a long time and didn't have regular computer access... or was I? (yes... went to Hawaii, then Portland, and then was swamped with paperwork for my study abroad trip in January).

I hope to be around next year to defend my title and if you saw me IRL, then count yourself lucky because I'm not posting a mug shot out of ninja gear :)

Latas my fellow ninjas

areilka on
This discussion has been closed.