As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SSX] World class tunnel physics simulator

1192021222325»

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Hmmm that's true.

When I have some time later in the month it might be worth setting up a geotag run club if anyone want the achievement, a bunch of us spend an hour or so on a fast and simple run just plopping down tags for other PAers to pick up.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I'm wondering can I get this game for the cheap anywhere?

Kind of missed out on it when it first came out because of surprise financial problems but I would really like to pick it up.

@Dragkonias

$14.99 at gamefly

http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-SSX/146030/

• Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    So this is getting a patch with true Head-To-Head multiplayer now. Too little too late I think.

ah yeah, that sucks. i sold it like last week to a buddy, now i hear this. :/

Yeah, here's the teaser for the Head-to-Head Multiplayer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ETPcOVqpeI&feature=plcp

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    mt.fuji is up for free for 360

i may have to buy this game again

• Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    Weird, Mt. Fuji is exclusive to gold members. Luckily I have a few days left on my membership!

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Typically Free DLC is gold exclusive for a couple weeks, iirc.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Arise!

I got a second SSX wind, any PS3 folk wanna pick it back up, my PSN is DRX-777 :D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I should try this again, I didn't play it nearly as much as I thought I would. The whole 'survival' aspect was so completely out of place and usually annoying as hell that I got turned off on what was otherwise a good game.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I saw this at gamestop today for 17 or so and had it in my hand, but put it back down. Maybe seeing this thread on the first page is a sign that I need to go back and pick it up.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Do eeeet

Just noticed that new higher levels are available to unlock, after doing a solid day of accruing points for Kaori that vanished into the ether as I hadn't noticed I could unlock a higher level cap until just now. :I

Been using the "do each type of event on each mountain as each rider" achievements as an excuse to get out of my regular courses and play Survives as well as Tricks and Races. Some tracks really aren't built for those kinds of runs, but they suddenly become fun when the focus is on staying alive.

Also had several solemn reminders that @BlitzAce1981 is some kind of SSX demigod and to challenge his scores is folly

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    Do eeeet

Just noticed that new higher levels are available to unlock, after doing a solid day of accruing points for Kaori that vanished into the ether as I hadn't noticed I could unlock a higher level cap until just now. :I

Been using the "do each type of event on each mountain as each rider" achievements as an excuse to get out of my regular courses and play Survives as well as Tricks and Races. Some tracks really aren't built for those kinds of runs, but they suddenly become fun when the focus is on staying alive.

Also had several solemn reminders that @BlitzAce1981 is some kind of SSX demigod and to challenge his scores is folly

Only if your name isn't @gunwarrior , apparently; I actually put him on 'hide' at one point just so I didn't have to keep seeing his name at the top of almost every leaderboard.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    Do eeeet

Only if your name isn't @gunwarrior , apparently; I actually put him on 'hide' at one point just so I didn't have to keep seeing his name at the top of almost every leaderboard.

I beat BlitzAce once. Smote one of his records upon the mountaintop by about 10 seconds and came here to celebrate.

Half an hour later he'd smashed my new record by 15 seconds. I cried into my pillow and never attempted such foolishness again.

g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    ive been meaning to get this again since they added multi. is the online any good?

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    ive been meaning to get this again since they added multi. is the online any good?

Picked it up after the price drop On Demand. Right now there are enough people competing in Global Events on 360 that you can still get the badges for all the platinum, gold, etc. finishes. Wouldn't wait much longer if I were you. When the online really dries up, it may become impossible to get any less than top 3, locking out some badges completely. Also, there are still people placing geotags, which is a good thing.

3-2-1-Go events are a joke. I've never seen a second person lining up at the start line. Not even once. If you want to do this, it'll presumably need to be by prior arrangement. If your friends all ditched the game, try sending a message to some other people competing in the same normal Global Events.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht