As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]Democratic File System: And The Winner Is...

• cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm actually wondering what happened on the night of FWD's death. robothero was protecting him from the Werewolf kill, and visiblehowl didn't send in a target for that night. Did Zerinan also send in a kill order on FWD, or what?

cheez on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    cheez wrote: »
    I'm actually wondering what happened on the night of FWD's death. robothero was protecting him from the Werewolf kill, and visiblehowl didn't send in a target for that night. Did Zerinan also send in a kill order on FWD, or what?

B:L deleted by Vote.
    FWD deleted by Vampires.
    FWD deleted by Wolves. (protected).

You are correct, sir.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    thorgot wrote: »

B:L deleted by Vote.
    FWD deleted by Vampires.
    FWD deleted by Wolves. (protected).

You are correct, sir.
    It was the night Rock & Roll died.

Was the orange'd name mechanic ever explained?

Edit: Oh, System Fonts. Nifty.

File Name: System Fonts
    Public runtime: Target's target's target turns orange in the file list. Uses public targets. If a file in the chain doesn't have a target, that file is used.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, I love how the orange was just this huge fucking red herring we were all racking our brains over.

cheez on
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yea DA blackmailed me to kill Robot, which I honestly didn't mind much, at all, because Robot has killed me way to many times. I need to even the score out a bit. Drez thought that FWD might be evil, so I decided to kill him as well. DA tried to get me to kill Infidel, but he had a really crappy reason. He said that he told Grundl I was a vigilante of some type, but that would mean I had a private run time, and thus was evil, because I had used my public one on myself several times. So obviously DA had sold me out and was really bad at coming up with a good story. I don't remember who I attacked that night instead. DA, I just have to say, you are my first official Phalla grudge ever. Be proud, because if I ever get a chance, I'm probably going to kill you. :P

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yea. I think Thorgot did an awesome job in this one.

I was, let us say, uniquely positioned to understand all of what was happening and I still had plenty of things that I didn't understand going on. All the while I never really thought things were unfair or cheap.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited July 2007
    Don't worry about it Zerinan.

I didn't understand why the hell you would make a deal with the network. We knew you were alone and their was no way we'd let you win the game. So what the hell was I going to offer? So I just made some shit up.

Sometimes the rampant idea of "making deals" confuses the hell out of me. Far too often it's greatly to the detriment of the bad guys making the deal. (Sorry Ardor.)

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited July 2007
    I wish I had offed you when I had the chance, or at least paid a bit more attention to the horrible stories you were telling me. I mean come on! I should have seen through them easily. Whatever, it's all good Phalla practice. :P I sound lame saying that, but if I don't have practice with it, I won't get better.

Edit: I didn't make a deal with the network, you threatened to expose me and what not, and I figured, what the hell, I'll go with it. Blackmail =/= "making deals"

Re-Edit: Oh, and when I entered the game on day 5 or whatever, and my entire team was slaughtered, I knew I wasn't going to win. I didn't really care too much about who won.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited July 2007
    Out of curiosity Zerinan, why didn't you go along with visiblehowl and help the network eliminate the Werewolves? By not doing so, you very nearly won them the game. =P

cheez on
    edited July 2007
    Ah, well with Plutonium guarding me I was willing to be sloppy, since it didn't have a real cost for me.

DETHKOK, you bastard had me sweating so much that night you stole the guard.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited July 2007
    Out of curiosity Zerinan, why didn't you go along with visiblehowl and help the network eliminate the Werewolves? By not doing so, you very nearly won them the game. =P

Er...why would he? Would you ever really let him have a chance at wining the game? When you're alone as a bad guy I don't understand making deals, you will get sold out if people are playing the game at all.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh and before I forget...

!target: Dethkok

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited July 2007

Er...why would he? Would you ever really let him have a chance at wining the game? When you're alone as a bad guy I don't understand making deals, you will get sold out if people are playing the game at all.

We didn't know that it was Zerinan. We were passing targets along to visiblehowl, who did.

cheez on
    edited July 2007

Oh, the VH thing. I was told that VH was the ILOVEYOU guy, and no network was mentioned. It was just to kill everyone else, but I hated that I didn't get a choice in the matter. My name was given, well, Lord Malory, was given to VH, and then I became him. I wanted to just be a lone gunman or whatever and just kill whoever I wanted, but VH knowing who I was ruined that, so I killed 'em.

Edit: I never made any deals with people, yet I was constantly involved in them. Odd....

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited July 2007

We didn't know that it was Zerinan. We were passing targets along to visiblehowl, who did.

Yea, I don't understand why Howl worked with you guys. After he negotiated the deal he had zero chance of winning. I generally dislike the "hide and hope I survive" strategy but at least it has some chance of working.

Let's put it this way, if it was Howl, Cheez and a random villager...would you ever vote for anybody but Howl in that case?

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited July 2007
    Zerinan wrote: »

Oh, the VH thing. I was told that VH was the ILOVEYOU guy, and no network was mentioned. It was just to kill everyone else, but I hated that I didn't get a choice in the matter. My name was given, well, Lord Malory, was given to VH, and then I became him. I wanted to just be a lone gunman or whatever and just kill whoever I wanted, but VH knowing who I was ruined that, so I killed 'em.

Edit: I never made any deals with people, yet I was constantly involved in them. Odd....

Ah. See, visiblehowl was giving us the impression that you were willingly working with him until the Werewolves were gone.

cheez on
    edited July 2007

Yea, I don't understand why Howl worked with you guys. After he negotiated the deal he had zero chance of winning. I generally dislike the "hide and hope I survive" strategy but at least it has some chance of working.

Let's put it this way, if it was Howl, Cheez and a random villager...would you ever vote for anybody but Howl in that case?

You can read the details on our network board, but basically once visiblehowl lost his partner he was just screwing around and enjoying the confusion his ability caused.

cheez on
    edited July 2007

Ah. See, visiblehowl was giving us the impression that you were willingly working with him until the Werewolves were gone.

See? VH was trying to have both sides work together, without actually knowing that they were. Wait, no, that was just me. But it was just an evil guy team, as far as I knew. We were going to try and off the Werewolves and everyone else as well.

Edit: Oh, and my power was lame without my team. They would be the only ones I would be willing to die protecting, but they all already died. It might have been nice if I had one of the other powers in my team, so I could have used it past their deaths.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited July 2007
    You can read the details on our network board, but basically once visiblehowl lost his partner he was just screwing around and enjoying the confusion his ability caused.
    I can kinda understand that, but I don't understand what the network thought I could offer Zerinan as a network guy. "We promise to kill you last?" Hell, even if I were good I might have faked being evil just so I had a reasonable offer to make.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited July 2007
    I can kinda understand that, but I don't understand what the network thought I could offer Zerinan as a network guy. "We promise to kill you last?" Hell, even if I were good I might have faked being evil just so I had a reasonable offer to make.

Yea, but the network didn't make deals, you just blackmailed me, then decided we would take down the network. I really should have killed you instead of Robot though, because I don't like being blackmailed.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited July 2007
    Hey, I offered to not reveal you to the network.

I lied, but it was something I could offer. A real seer wouldn't even have had that.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Edit: Oh, and my power was lame without my team. They would be the only ones I would be willing to die protecting, but they all already died. It might have been nice if I had one of the other powers in my team, so I could have used it past their deaths.

tux also complained about this, and I'm sorry. If I had been thinking clearly, I probably would have given you Runtime Redirectors or, better yet, Internal Data Injectors.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited July 2007
    thorgot wrote: »

tux also complained about this, and I'm sorry. If I had been thinking clearly, I probably would have given you Runtime Redirectors or, better yet, Internal Data Injectors.

Oh it's fine. But I guess I could have used my protection power to my advantage if I had been smart about it. What are "Internal Data Injectors"? Sounds like a crazy power.

Edit: Oh cool. It could swap powers with someone else. I would have so used it on Bliss. :P

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited July 2007
    Power thieves. They get the targets power but the target gets the power to steal a different power.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    noooooooooooooo

tofu on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    An awesome game. I'm really happy (and surprised) I lived almost to the end even with the crazy role I had. It turns out I was wrong about nearly everything I thought I had figured out - but I was right about DA all along!

I tried convincing FWD that you were acting like a monster, but without any real evidence against you nothing came of that. Then after you PMd me asking which faction I was protecting against, I became sure of it - but even then it was still mostly intuition, and I didn't have any hard evidence I could use to convince Grundl.

Out of curiosity: on the last night when I was protecting against Werewolf, and changed my protection order at the last minute, did you see it and send a new order in time, or did I just kill myself by the switch?

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Reading the Werewolf board is funny. Every freaking day you guys wondered if I was a seer.

The best part of this is how DA redirected a kill onto you instead of killing off grundlterror.

Vic on
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I do have to say Thorgot, excellent choice of power for the ILUVYOU virus. I was boggling my brain as to how a two man faction (or even two independants) could stand a chance of winning this game since day one. Some seerings and some lucky kills would have earned you perfect credibility.

Vic on
  • LignisseLignisse Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wow, that was fun. I died a bit too early to start making sense of it, I think, but still fun!
    I told you fuckers Lignisse was mal.

<3 to you too, FWD.

:cry:

:lol:

Lignisse on
    edited July 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    This is way, way late - but I was the one who thought FWD and Lignisse were related. FWD claimed to have checked my runtime, and Lignisse was the only person to publicly use a power on me.

Turns out something else happened behind the scenes, I missed something, or, he was lying!

Apparently you missed two somethings. Grundlterror and FWD both targeted you on the same day, and FWD decided to claim to be the runtime logger. Actually, you didn't miss it, you just seem to have forgotten it =P.

cheez on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    This is way, way late - but I was the one who thought FWD and Lignisse were related. FWD claimed to have checked my runtime, and Lignisse was the only person to publicly use a power on me.

Turns out something else happened behind the scenes, I missed something, or, he was lying!

Apparently you missed two somethings. Grundlterror and FWD both targeted you on the same day, and FWD decided to claim to be the runtime logger. Actually, you didn't miss it, you just seem to have forgotten it =P.

In addition, he asked me after we were both dead and I explained it to him, and he also forgot that!

Oh, and sorry Lignisse.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2007
    I thought I was the one who said that about lignisse?

although I pretty much call it every game.

Unknown User on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Vic wrote: »
    I do have to say Thorgot, excellent choice of power for the ILUVYOU virus. I was boggling my brain as to how a two man faction (or even two independants) could stand a chance of winning this game since day one. Some seerings and some lucky kills would have earned you perfect credibility.

It would have been great had I realized I could use the target ability earlier and had targeted myself on day one (which was what I would have done) and not have attacked Drez.

Then I'd have been seered innocent. :-)

I totally forgot about the lime-target ability till day two.

Squashua on
  • laikallaikal Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That was fun, and way over my head. I'd like to try that again, with less suck now that I know what's likely to come and how it works.

Excellent job running the show, Thorgot.

laikal on
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hey ya lousy Vampires, ever gonna open up your boards? Your individual forums still be locked, ya know. :P

Mostly I just want to know the same thing I always want to know...why I was offed. :) Lousy no good viruses...think they're so great.

It was sort of odd, being a suppressor. I didn't want to target anyone, because I didn't really know whose power I should be blocking. Since we were under the (mistaken, and an interesting touch misleading us with this one) impression that some innocents had a public seering ability, I didn't want to accidentally block that one. So I pretty much just chose whoever I thought was least likely to be helpful. I think. It's been awhile since I died. :P

Buzz Buzz on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    Hey ya lousy Vampires, ever gonna open up your boards? Your individual forums still be locked, ya know. :P

Mostly I just want to know the same thing I always want to know...why I was offed. :) Lousy no good viruses...think they're so great.

It was sort of odd, being a suppressor. I didn't want to target anyone, because I didn't really know whose power I should be blocking. Since we were under the (mistaken, and an interesting touch misleading us with this one) impression that some innocents had a public seering ability, I didn't want to accidentally block that one. So I pretty much just chose whoever I thought was least likely to be helpful. I think. It's been awhile since I died. :P

There was an innocent with a public seering ability. He just happened to die night 1.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    There was an innocent with a public seering ability. He just happened to die night 1.
    Nuh uh. Drez had a private runtime seering ability. The only public seers were viruses. :P

Buzz Buzz on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It annoys me because I've never actually BEEN a good special. I've only been a bad guy, a solo bad guy faction, or a vanillager. I would have liked some experience at it. :(

And yeah my seer runtime was private. My public runtime was to block an attack from that group. I was GOING to switch my public runtime to Squashua just in case he wanted to grudge me and turned out to be bad, but...I didn't. I blocked Gnasty. Which was a mistake apparently. :(

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yes, the Epsilon powers were ridiculous for the malware, but instead of complaining about it I should have outed myself immediately and said how stupid it would be for a malware to have a patriot ability when, at best, they would defend another malware and still show up as malware.

No offense. :p

The best thing I did all game, apparently, was make people think I was a death miller.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, we pretty much lucked into our "secure" network.

When I died, I was sure that DA and Dethkok were both evil since Dethkok gave Bliss away, and DA was the only one I'd told outside the network. But after I learned that Dethkok wasn't a werewolf, I mistakenly assumed that DA was clear as well.

I guess what I'm saying is, it's quite lucky that it was Grundl alive at the end and not me.

Yeah grundlterror is the definate mvp of the game. I don't know how many people would have killed DA instead of infidel if they were given the choice.

frandelgearslip on