As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Recommend a simple HTML editor

FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARDinterior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
edited August 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I know HTML and I don't need one.

However, my Human Resources people want to add HTML to their job postings and we can't really train all of them in markup.

Give me a suggestion for an HTML editor that can do basic stuff like bold, italics, lists, links, etc. Preferably cheap or free, low-footprint, and easy to use.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
Feral on

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I use Notepad++. It should do most of what you want.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I use Notepad++ too, but that's not really what I need.

I need something more like a WYSIWYG editor for HTML.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    Back in the day, HTML Kit was nice.

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    I had some success at my old job teaching a bunch of grad students this stuff with KompoZer.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    You could setup an internal website running a super simple CKEditor instance, maybe?

There is also http://www.kompozer.net/, which may be a bit heavy weight for you, but works on a donations system.

There is also DreamWeaver, which is probably WAYYYY too heavy weight, but it's out there.

Also, Microsoft Word can export HTML. Just a thought.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I thought about the CKEditor thing, GT. That was my backup plan. High-five.

I'm going to give Kompozer a shot. Thanks!

• Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    I use bluefish. It's free, and works.

Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.