As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 Costumes

• Sushi HeroSushi Hero Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Membino wrote: »
    do you have to check a prop in even if its not a pseudo-weapon?
    saterday-1.jpg
    my Saturday costume combination of an old pirate costume and some SP stuff
    friday.jpg
    a teaser of my mundo Jaw and phone. gonna be wearing facepaint as well and have the rest of the costume complete. gonna probably be wearing that around friday till it becomes too uncomfortable.

This... is just awesome. I look forward to seeing the finished product!

Mundo goes where he pleases!

• dstchiaridstchiari Registered User regular
    Note: the minisword is not going to PAX :P, but, from our practice run of our ranger/thief and mesmer from GW2:
    Geeky.jpg

• DeliveratorDeliverator Registered User regular
    No pictures, but my plans are:

Friday: Red (female Soldier) - TF2
    Saturday: Lilith the Siren - Borderlands
    Sunday: Imperial Commissar - Warhammer 40k (tentative)

Currently finishing up the first two. Sadly I did not plan ahead enough to make a bolt pistol for my Commissar (the previous con I wore it to had stricter prop rules than PAX)... so I will just have to threaten my troops with my sword instead. :)

• AtashiAtashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    teddie_body09.jpg

Crunch time. I'll finish attaching the limbs to the body tonight.
    Edit: Limbs attached!

Atashi on
    PAX Prime 2013 Cosplays
    Silica - Sword Art Online -Infinity Moment-
    Teddie - Persona 4

Finally retiring Recette. It's been a good run.
  • JindraxJindrax Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    i9eiL.jpg

The zora armor is mostly complete. I ran out of time to build the helmet for it.

Jindrax on
  • SvKSvK Registered User regular
    Will be in Wakka and maybe beat from twewy. We'll see what time allows.

71bda059ce8bff99d245ad0dec87bb6b.jpg

Do you want that ball back? I still have it.

• shadownet752shadownet752 Registered User regular
    SvK wrote: »
    Will be in Wakka and maybe beat from twewy. We'll see what time allows.

71bda059ce8bff99d245ad0dec87bb6b.jpg

Do you want that ball back? I still have it.

that would be wonderful cliff :D please gimme a txt or call on friday. we can catch up!

• SvKSvK Registered User regular
    Oops, I'm leaving for Dragon*Con early Thursday morning.

• rubbernec320rubbernec320 Registered User new member
    Can I bring my metal shield and empty scabbard that goes with my link costume? If so then do I have go somewhere special to check it? Also does anyone have any advice on how to lug these on a bus cause it'll get annoying really quick.

• neo_blade01neo_blade01 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Don't have any pictures, but my cosplay involves Desmond Miles from the Assassin's Creed series across all three days, while my sister will go as Jade of Beyond Good and Evil.

Pretty much have everything; all that is left for me is the makeup including the scar over the mouth, and the tattoo on my left forearm. Not doing the hidden blade, as it's pretty late in the game and, if game history serves correctly, next month is supposedly when Desmond is abducted by Abstergo and forced to go under the Animus.

For the moment, let's see how long I can stay hidden in plain sight...

EDIT: Found out the arm tattoo isn't going to be possible, but I've got the scar to boot.

neo_blade01 on
  • AaronCAaronC Enforcer - Lieutenant Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    Can I bring my metal shield and empty scabbard that goes with my link costume? If so then do I have go somewhere special to check it? Also does anyone have any advice on how to lug these on a bus cause it'll get annoying really quick.

There is no need to check in a shield and empty scabbard.

• shinbishinbi Registered User regular
    Going as Windrunner from Dota 2. Going to be wearing it at PAX and The International 2 this weekend. ^_^

1690a63a.jpg

Now just waiting on my bow to get finished.

• RobogirlRobogirl Local Badass SeattleRegistered User regular
    Finally finished my Deckers jacket. Here it is:

B4l2u.jpg
    (left the cat in because holy lol)

And the back:
    4VvVf.jpg

It's not as straight as I would like, but what can you do with EL wire? Oh well. Now I just have to make the skirt and the gun. Woooo! Not bad for my first time working with EL wire.

• Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    Hey everyone so it looks like I will be bringing one of my costumes along. I'll be Adeleine from Kirby 64 for the Kirby even that happens Saturday. It might not happen since my sister has to pick it up from my room and I have a 12 hour flight tomorrow from Paris to Seattle but if you see me feel free to say hi! Can't wait to see your costumes in person! Really lovely turnout this year.

• katxkatx Registered User regular
    thanks!! I'll look into those !!

Does anyone want to join me? It'll be more fun to go as a group!
    It's at Volume Seattle Nightclub in Pioneer Square the winner gets $500!
    here's a link to their fb page
    https://www.facebook.com/events/375516759187845/?ref=ts

• ~Charlotte~Charlotte Registered User new member
    Hi All,
    This is my first time trying cosplay. My costume is pretty simply compare to many of yours, but it should still be fun. See you there! :)

• kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    ~Charlotte wrote: »
    Hi All,
    This is my first time trying cosplay. My costume is pretty simply compare to many of yours, but it should still be fun. See you there! :)

It's my first time also, and my two are also super simple. Glad to see that I won't be the only one without an elaborate costume!

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • tanyihetanyihe Registered User new member
    katx wrote: »

OMG Katx i wanna go! I'll be in costume anyway after PAX! Do you know if we need to pay anything?

• AngieAngie Registered User regular
    edited August 2012

I really wanna join.. but I am still debating of wearing my old costume or not (Coz I dun have time to prepare a new one.. sad...) .. =\
    Ya... if lots of ppl r going, that would be fun!!! even without dressing up!! =D

Angie on
    DUDE! you should totally go! You might win $500

tanyihe, We should go together!! I know it is free if we show up in costume, and I can always give them my PAX ticket for free entry!

• AngieAngie Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    tanyihe, We should go together!! I know it is free if we show up in costume, and I can always give them my PAX ticket for free entry!

Wowww free entry!! Sure!! I'll be there!!

Angie on
    yeah, I hear EDMs in pioneers square are super fun

• DTJAAAAMDTJAAAAM Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    A few shots of the Mass Effect group I encountered on Day 0:

dtjaaaam.com/PAX-Prime-2012/PAX-Prime-2012-Thursday/25107597_sfS4fC#!i=2058246824&k=K7P4N9w

I'm excited to see the rest of their team and every other costume at PAX!

• skylatronskylatron Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Did my first run of the costume last night and finally got a good picture :)
    PR8Lb.jpg

skylatron on
  • LaemkralLaemkral Captain Punch King Chester, VARegistered User regular
    So, change of plans. I'm going to wear my Doctor costume Saturday AND Sunday! I'm just too excited to go another day in regular clothes.

Avatar courtesy of MKR, and the strip I appeared in.
  • MembinoMembino Registered User regular
    fun first day!

• BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    I am debating if I want to wear my dress again. I really love it, but it got a bit crinkled today!
    Here is what the dress looked like from the front this morning.
    paxday1001.jpg

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
  • Ligers-maneLigers-mane Registered User new member
    edited September 2012
    Greetings there!

So, I realize the likelihood of anyone reading this before... well the few hours until Saturday of PAX starts up might just be slim to none, but I figured it was worth a shot...

I am going to be dressed up as Elizabeth Greene from Prototype and I was hoping to know if anyone is planning on coming as Alex Mercer or any other Prototype characters, seeing as I would LOVE to get photos together. Well, if no one responds, I'll keep my eyes peeled for any other viral life forms out and about the con. Happy hunting.

Ligers-mane on
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    As a heads up we do have a cosplay thread and you can skim through that. Best of luck with PAX!

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • FidchelFidchel Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    So, feeling kind of foolish in hindsight, but my group and I didn't get very many pictures of ourselves in costume today. However, there were -tons- of people taking pictures of us. If anyone has photos of Batman's Rogues Gallery, please send them to me in a private message. Thanks muchly ^.^
    294658_499299210098873_724706234_n.jpg

Fidchel on
    PAX Prime 2012 (Pin-Up Gardener Poison Ivy)
    PAX Prime 2013 (Bollywood Black Mage)
    PAX Prime 2014 (Renaissance Lady Link)
    edited September 2012
    One more day to go! Here are the cosplay photos I've taken so far, and more will be added once Sunday's over.

PAX Prime 2012

*EDIT*

Sunday's photos are up!

DTJAAAAM on
  • MukaikuboMukaikubo Registered User regular
    There were a couple people wandering around Friday that DTJAAAAM doesn't have pictures of and I'm curious if anyone did; there was one girl who had a naga costume complete with someone holding up her snake tail, and there was another who had tiny little dragon wings on her back but decided to put on slitted-eye contacts. There was also a pretty rockin' Daenerys from GoT hanging around; I am KEEPING AN EYE on various streams to see, but does anyone here know who that was /was anyone here one of those people?

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Was that naga wearing cowboy themed clothing? Because I believe you're referring to Cassiopeia from the game League of Legends, check out post-PAX coverage from their facebook and they should post pictures.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • LaemkralLaemkral Captain Punch King Chester, VARegistered User regular
    I sadly was unable to find any 11th Doctors while I was cosplaying as the 10th, except for one who walked in while I was doing the paint and take from Reaper Minis. I really wanted to get a picture WITH an 11th Doctor.

This was my first real time cosplaying (I don't count my time at SDCC because that was more a test run of a Halloween costume) and it was a real blast. I loved how people were just SO excited to ask "Is it okay if I take a picture with you?" Next time I will have red shoes, but I am going to work on a 9th Doctor costume because I kept getting told "you have the hair and the face". What I would really need is OTHER Doctors or a TARDIS or a Rose to be with me so people will actually KNOW I'm being the 9th Doctor and not just some guy in a leather coat!

Next PAX though, I'm going as Arthur Dent. Oh yes, me in a bathrobe with a towel, iPad, and a very confused expression.

Avatar courtesy of MKR, and the strip I appeared in.
  • MembinoMembino Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    http://imgur.com/a/eyPBq/all
    here is a good gallery shot of all the League of Legends cos-players from the first day. I was the taller Mundo with the big jaw. i missed the stage photos because i was stuck in the swag line :oops: . but luckily right as i got out of that they where doing the other photos. it was fun talking to the other cosplayers everyone was really nice and did amazing jobs on their costumes. i wish the other mundo had posted here otherwise i might have gone as something else ;-) i got a couple shots with people in my second day costume but i haven't found any online. i had a point where a guy asked me for a picture and i turned and said "over here" and moved to get to a better spot than the center of the busy aisle and when i turned around he had ran off i hope he didn't think i was trying to ignore him . anyway fun times! cant wait for next year

Membino on
  • BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    :)

BombClancy on
    what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
    Mukaikubo wrote: »
    There were a couple people wandering around Friday that DTJAAAAM doesn't have pictures of and I'm curious if anyone did; there was one girl who had a naga costume complete with someone holding up her snake tail, and there was another who had tiny little dragon wings on her back but decided to put on slitted-eye contacts. There was also a pretty rockin' Daenerys from GoT hanging around; I am KEEPING AN EYE on various streams to see, but does anyone here know who that was /was anyone here one of those people?

I ran into the naga (Cassiopeia) and Daenerys today, but don't recall anyone with dragon wings. Makes me curious as to who the character was!

• vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    DTJAAAAM wrote: »
    Mukaikubo wrote: »

I ran into the naga (Cassiopeia) and Daenerys today, but don't recall anyone with dragon wings. Makes me curious as to who the character was!

Oh hey David! That was me! I was supposed to be Rhaegal, the baby green dragon from the Song of Ice and Fire series, but I really can be any generic green dragon. Sad I didn't run into you at all this weekend!

vgc wrote: »
    Oh hey David! That was me! I was supposed to be Rhaegal, the baby green dragon from the Song of Ice and Fire series, but I really can be any generic green dragon. Sad I didn't run into you at all this weekend!

Agreed, I remember you saying you were going but you were one of the few friends I didn't run into during the show. Might have just been me being distracted by all the free stuff, as all those goodies really weakens my costume scouting skills. XD

This discussion has been closed.